Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

7 minutes ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

It's funny how I went from "well, I don't really like vocaloids" to "this is one of my favorite rhythm games". It's truly a shame that more games weren't made in this style. Future Tone just isn't fun with the controller; the arcade version is way better.

Congrats on the plat!~ ?

If you want to spice up your DIVA game(s), you can always resort in getting one of those cool PD mini-controllers:

You can also use them for other rhythm games, like ex. DJMAX Respect ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iclfrlvoyl said:

Happy Birthday, Vita! :)

I've got my two plats today - Severed and Tearaway, such good games for celebrating. I wanted to complete Batman blackgate too, but i didn't have much time this month.

Is Batman Blackgate any good? I was thinking to install that next on my Vita after just finishing Child of Light.

15 hours ago, gunman47 said:

Is Batman Blackgate any good? I was thinking to install that next on my Vita after just finishing Child of Light.

It looks pretty good for me, but i think that going for plat can be boring, 'cause you have to re-visit locations multiple times

Edited by iclfrlvoyl

Everyone got updated.

6 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I hope to see everyone again for next year's event. Maybe then I'll finally platinum Celceta? Once again, it's the only Vita game I own that I haven't platinumed.

I'm totally not biased but I would say that giving Celceta another try and finishing it would be neat idea. Although I can understand that it's a bit annoying due to various things like unlocking the whole map or several chests which are well-hidden.

19 hours ago, mecharobot said:

Yeah, there is a good chance I'll pick it up for Switch, but I'll have to research the translation for that version. Not in a huge hurry, since I think I got my fix of Ys for now.

Sorry, totally forgot to give you a reply although I planned to do so this morning.

The Switch-version of Lacrimosa of Dana also got the improved translation which seems to fix most of the spelling and grammatical errors or those mistranslations. But AFAIK you still have to download it as a patch although that version came out way after the fixed translation. But I guess that's typical for NISA. 

3 hours ago, Vanilla said:

set my goals way too high and life/work/ps4/my mental illnesses got in the way but i got 3 games done for this!!

Welcome to the club of the overambitious. :D

Nice to see that you were still able to finish the three games that were ready to pop even with all those constraints. And I hope you have the possibility to get some (professional) help with your mental illnesses, no matter what they are. :)

3 hours ago, Myu said:

I won't be able to pop Caligula Effect because I didn't realize that getting to level 100 needed at least 20 more hours and I already know I can't do that in less than 2 days and Chaos;Child took me about 3 hours to start again from scratch so I had to make up for it by playing One Word by Powgi instead to reach my 150 plat :

Now that I can't stalk you to mention Chaos;Child all the time I will now start to call you the official POWGI-expert. ? (scnr)

And congrats on getting Grand Kingdom done for #150. Although I thought at some point that you might aim for Cold Steel I as #150 instead as you also seem to be really fond of that one.

3 hours ago, Myu said:

Thank you very much @Crimson Idol for organizing this event and for taking the time to reply to every single post on this thread with positive thoughts and encouragement :)

Thanks for the kind words. :) 

3 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

I'm so bummed out, I was finally going to use this to play Senran Kagura Bon Appetit! and record it on my PS TV but of course it won't work. I never understand why they block games that don't even use the touchpad...

IIRC the problem is that the devs have to make a request so that the games get whitelisted. But AFAIK the whitelist hack still works and Senran Kagura was actually the one game I tried on Vita TV after applying the hack.

1 hour ago, gunman47 said:

Already posted this on the 100% completion thread, but will just post it here again for easier browsing...

1 hour ago, iclfrlvoyl said:

I've got my two plats today - Severed and Tearaway, such good games for celebrating. I wanted to complete Batman blackgate too, but i didn't have much time this month.

Congrats to both of you, too.

And I agree with Blackgate. IMO it can be fun but as you have to revisit several locations and you are forced to do 3 playthroughs it can get quite monotonous. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Now that I can't stalk you to mention Chaos;Child all the time I will now start to call you the official POWGI-expert. 1f60e.png (scnr)

And congrats on getting Grand Kingdom done for #150. Although I thought at some point that you might aim for Cold Steel I as #150 instead as you also seem to be really fond of that one.

There's still one POWGI game left but I'll wait for it to go on sale :) I really wanted Grand Kingdom to be #150 because of the trophy pic but I'm still working on Trails of Cold Steel. And I do like it a lot :D Next month will be all about Caligula Effect / Trails of Cold Steel on Vita, Atelier Firis / Persona 5 Dancing Star Night on PS4. And after that, backlog time!

23 minutes ago, Myu said:

There's still one POWGI game left but I'll wait for it to go on sale :) I really wanted Grand Kingdom to be #150 because of the trophy pic but I'm still working on Trails of Cold Steel. And I do like it a lot :D Next month will be all about Caligula Effect / Trails of Cold Steel on Vita, Atelier Firis / Persona 5 Dancing Star Night on PS4. And after that, backlog time!

I'm sure there will be a whole bunch of other POWGI-games. E.g. on Switch they also released something called Word Puzzles featuring modes called World Maze, Flower, or Crossovers and One Word, and Mixup. So I assume they will release the first three as standalone on PS4 and Vita, too. And maybe even the DLC. xD

And the platinum for Grand Kingdom surely looks nice. I guess it's a worthy reward for a game full of RNG

That's quite an ambitious plan. I wish I would have such persistence. ?

10 minutes ago, Fenrirfeather said:

VITA is old enough to be a 2nd grader now. ...let me tell you, that’s when the kids at school start being demanding + even more awesome.

I guess Vita is the only 2nd grader that won't be hyped by Fortnite. xD

And congrats on finishing all the games. And seems like you made quite some progress in Super Monkey Ball in the meantime. :o 

• Like 1

Platted 5 games today for a nice happy birthday to the vita. Got real disheartened after losing my save data so didn't get much further on my list. Platted Criminal Girls Invite Only, Jack and Jill DX, FullBlast and Super Destronaut DX from my list and managed to finish something for my backlog as well Civilization Revolution 2 Plus.

Now to start work on next year haha

• Like 4

14 hours ago, K_Groove_NL said:

Congrats on the plat!~ 1f917.png

If you want to spice up your DIVA game(s), you can always resort in getting one of those cool PD mini-controllers:

You can also use them for other rhythm games, like ex. DJMAX Respect 1f60a.png

Thanks. 

I've seen those, but what I'd like to get is something like this: 

Spoiler

1KBoeq4.jpg

Or this:

Spoiler

ksDL1VY.jpg

I like playing F, F 2nd, X, etc. with a regular PS3/PS4 controller just fine, but I feel like Future Tone works best with the arcade controls. However, none of the official controllers are actually like the arcade for some reason. I'd have to get something custom made (like in the above pictures), which would cost a few hundred dollars at least.

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I'm totally not biased but I would say that giving Celceta another try and finishing it would be neat idea. Although I can understand that it's a bit annoying due to various things like unlocking the whole map or several chests which are well-hidden.

I got the map done a long time ago, at least. What mainly put me off getting the platinum was being unable to find the last chest. Next time I'll have to use a checklist or something like that.

After deciding to focus on studying (the reason why I was out of town yesterday and most of today) instead of playing Vita, I managed to turn an evening of gaming into one of my most productive gaming nights in a long time :D. I managed to pop everything that was left on my list tonight (except for Lara Croft GO, which I got on my way in yesterday) and collect a total of 5 plats and a 100% for the event (much more that I was able to get last time around). I'll post my screenshots and games sometime tomorrow, but for now I'm going to celebrate the rest of the evening with another glass of wine and an old PS2 game that I picked up while out on the town :D

• Like 3