Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

12 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Looking at my games, I think it nicely reflects the current Vita lifeblood - Japanese VNs and indies from Sometimes You/Ratalaika. Hopefully the Vita lives on for a few more years with more new games.

I wish it would be a bit different but I agree with that statement. Wish there would still be a few more indie devs with IMO higher quality content or some more VNs beside Otome but luckily I'm still in a position with enough longer games on my backlog so I don't mind. And there's at least a few upcoming VNs that pique my interest.

BTW: You forgot Lightwood Games with their Picross and POWGI-Games. :D

12 hours ago, Malachen said:

Platted 5 games today for a nice happy birthday to the vita. Got real disheartened after losing my save data so didn't get much further on my list. Platted Criminal Girls Invite Only, Jack and Jill DX, FullBlast and Super Destronaut DX from my list and managed to finish something for my backlog as well Civilization Revolution 2 Plus.

Now to start work on next year haha

Sorry to hear about the save data loss. Nonetheless congrats on finishing up one more surprise game with Civilization. :) 

11 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Heroes Trials shows the PS4 list, instead of the Vita one here:https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8581-heroes-trials/Kishnabe

Thanks for the heads up. Got it fixed and nice to see that you were able to finish a few other games.

9 hours ago, Ratchet2425 said:

After deciding to focus on studying (the reason why I was out of town yesterday and most of today) instead of playing Vita, I managed to turn an evening of gaming into one of my most productive gaming nights in a long time :D. I managed to pop everything that was left on my list tonight (except for Lara Croft GO, which I got on my way in yesterday) and collect a total of 5 plats and a 100% for the event (much more that I was able to get last time around). I'll post my screenshots and games sometime tomorrow, but for now I'm going to celebrate the rest of the evening with another glass of wine and an old PS2 game that I picked up while out on the town :D

Don't forget to censor your Senran Kagura-screenshots with the occasional rays of light! :P

Hope you had a fun evening and now I'm curious which game you picked up. 

8 hours ago, Mendant909 said:

I wish I could have done more, but here's my haul for this year's anniversary:

Wow, that's a nice surprise to see you posting. :)  

8 hours ago, Mendant909 said:

As for the future, I'll need to seek out a cheap Vita replacement soon as the backside of my current one didn't work for Dokuro and I shudder to think of games that mandate that control. New Little King's Story, Tales of Hearts R, and a few visual novels still have my interest so maybe I'll finish them for the next event if there's one, but boy is there some dreck I still have unfinished business with. Thanks to Crimson Idol for setting up this event and congrats to everyone who completed a game that they enjoyed.

The rear touchpad of the Vita wasn't good right from the start as it's quite finicky with the spots where it recognizes any touch gesture but if it doesn't work at all it's surely annoying. And given the amount of people who are looking forward to the next iteration of the event I would say it's highly likely that there will be one for the 8th anniversary. That should give you enough time to revisit something like Steins;Gate or to get some other highly acclaimed VNs. If you end up enjoying Steins;Gate you might want to give Muv-Luv Alternative a read as it's quite similar when it comes to the basic premise.

19 minutes ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

So that's all 7 of my games done. Happy with that! :dance:

Nice to see that you were still able to make it. :D

And I have to agree with your unpopular opinion about Ridge Racer. It may not be the most feature-rich racer and lacks a bit of content but IMO it's solid when playing it in short bursts. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ex10097 said:

All my 108 platinums are from the Vita onlyB)

Incidentally, my first ever Vita physical, Fate Extella, arrived yesterday! I have plenty of stuff to do, but ended up gaming the whole day lol. It's all Red Saber's fault for being so maddeningly, adroably, heart-flutteringly cute!!!!!!!!Related image

Playing Vita-only would be near to impossible for me as there's one major genre where's it's truely lacking for me: racing games. And the few that are available are mostly average at best.

And congrats on getting your first physical. Can't say anything about any of the Saber-faces being cute. Can't even distinguish them. xD 

5 hours ago, Neosamuraione said:

Barely I made it by unlocking a platinum from  one of remaining games in last minutes. I failed to finish up Sega hard girls on time or didn´t have enough time to complete other games, so quickly unlocked さかあがりハリケーン Portable   as last event game which was supposed to unlock it  for 190 or 195 milestone instead(already having another replacement game on mind though).

Wow, that's a really big list of games you were able to finish. :o  That's surely in the spirit of the Platinum Rain Day. Nicely done and major kudos to you! :D 

4 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

Thank you @Crimson Idol for hosting this!  It got me to finally sit down and finish up a few games I just hadn't been getting around to playing.  Still have a huge vita backlog but at least I made some progress.

That's nice to hear. Maybe you should consider to join any of the backlog events so that might help to keep some motivation. E.g. there's one Vita-related one and there's also a few others, too. Oh, and the 8th anniversary of course. :awesome: 

4 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

I did manage to finish both Reverie and Pic-a-Pix Pieces by the deadline. Just synced in the latter a few minutes ago.

Glad to see you were able to finish the two games in time. And seems like you didn't have to stress yourself. At least that's what the timestamps suggest. 

3 hours ago, Ratchet2425 said:

It was really fun, and the game I picked up was Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2, the one they didn't put on the HD collection and the one I enjoyed the most when I was younger. I was shocked to find that I still had a save for the game on my memory card from over 10 years ago :o (although I had barely any progress on it).

Hope you will have as much fun with the game as you had when you were younger. And seeing that those old saves are still intact is surely a nice thing. When I had a look on my PS1 memory cards last year I was surprised to see that my saves for all games were still there, too. :D 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 8:25 PM, vanillamoose said:

I popped the plat for Day of The Tentacle for a Vita birthday event a year or two ago. Great choice 1f609.png

It was a very cool game:) i actually wanted to finish sine mora for the event, but it was too risky to leave it unfinished for nearly 2 months, so i cleaned up Day of the tentacle:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Also, you need to step up your stalking game, @Crimson Idol, you totally missed my Jak 2 plat. :giggle:

That was totally intentional. I just wanted to give you a reason to post your progress, I guess. :hmm: Want to check each and every list for the sake of completeness nonetheless.

And I'm glad you had fun even if there were some crash-related issues. :) 

8 hours ago, K_Groove_NL said:

I only managed to clear 1 game out of 2, but hey, it's the fun that counts right? ?

Right. And better only finish one game instead of two just by rushing one of the games and spoiling the fun. ;) 

• Like 4

On 2/23/2019 at 4:32 AM, Crimson Idol said:

Wow, that's a nice surprise to see you posting. :)  

The rear touchpad of the Vita wasn't good right from the start as it's quite finicky with the spots where it recognizes any touch gesture but if it doesn't work at all it's surely annoying. And given the amount of people who are looking forward to the next iteration of the event I would say it's highly likely that there will be one for the 8th anniversary. That should give you enough time to revisit something like Steins;Gate or to get some other highly acclaimed VNs. If you end up enjoying Steins;Gate you might want to give Muv-Luv Alternative a read as it's quite similar when it comes to the basic premise.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back. I took a glance at the forums and see some of the same old, some gone and it's a shame that one of the Vita advocates is gone.

Sweet, it's nice to know that the anniversary will continue, along with a future event that seems to be sprouting in your head. I played the first chapter of Steins;Gate and it has a lot of hooks that I'll have to continue soon. I do have the Muv-Luv series despite the only thing I heard about them is that they're the "best" visual novel, something I've heard similarly from Steins;Gate and Clannad.

• Like 1

On 24.2.2019 at 9:28 PM, Mendant909 said:

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back. I took a glance at the forums and see some of the same old, some gone and it's a shame that one of the Vita advocates is gone.

Nice to hear that. And there were surely some people going in a MIA-state over the last few months. And even if Satoshi had some quirks he surely kept the place lively. Let's just hope that he will be back once his warning point expired.

On 24.2.2019 at 9:28 PM, Mendant909 said:

I do have the Muv-Luv series despite the only thing I heard about them is that they're the "best" visual novel, something I've heard similarly from Steins;Gate and Clannad.

Both Steins;Gate and Muv-Luv Alternative surely have their moments where you know that something will happen but when you get to those scenes it still hits you hard. Muv-Luv Extra and Unlimited are still enjoyable but compared to Alternative they just feel like a standard-VN. I honestly don't know if they hold up to any normal literature but they both kept me hooked once they reached the middle section. They still have their flaws but I guess you will see for yourself in the near future.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

The winner who was chosen is @DamagingRob

I won? Well, this is just going to further convince me that 11 is my lucky number. :lol: I actually thought about playing Another World for one last digit, when I noticed that in the OP, and saw how many I had. But I felt I would hate that game. :P Thanks again for hosting the event, and for having a giveaway on top of it. Really generous of you. :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

But to steal the win from soneone else would be kinda unfair so congrats @Undead Wolf. You not only sticked to your promise of finishing the base game and all DLC for Muramasa Rebirh, and it only took you about 1757 days to finish it, which is about 4 years and 10 months. Congrats for procrastinating the game for so long! :awesome:

So I won the prize because of a technicality, eh? :awesome: It seems like putting off the game for as long as I did paid off in the long run. Yay for constantly getting distracted by newer games! :giggle:

Oh, and nice work with the stats! Interesting stuff. It's great to see that collectively, we managed to complete way more games than last time despite having fewer active participants. I wonder if we'll be able to top that for the 8th anniversary... :hmm:

It's very generous of you to offer cash prizes for this event, @Crimson Idol, because you certainly didn't have to. It's much appreciated, though! Also, I saw someone mention this a little while ago and I definitely agree. The way you responded to pretty much everyone's updates over these past months, offering encouragement, advice, or just discussing the game in general made this event extra special. It didn't go unnoticed. :)

Hope to see you all back next time! :D

• Like 2

160 unique games overall :o That number almost seems unreal. Great work everyone & long live the Vita! Thank you again @Crimson Idol for hosting! All your meticulous upkeep never went unnoticed. I had fun playing all the titles I chose.

I also ended up finding new games to play from everyone’s reviews/choices. That’s one of the best bits of this event. The Vita community is small after all, so any opportunity to share lesser known or overlooked titles is wonderful. I’ll be looking to add the following titles to my collection: Punch Line, 7’scarlet, A Rose in the Twilight, Muv-Luv, & Muv-Luv Alternative.

Perhaps next year I’ll be able to finish 8 total games :angel:

• Like 2