Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

5 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, there are too many that do it :/ 

Maybe putting it on Plus was a mistake :/

i got them both from plus and picked up the eu stack of vlr to get the plat again before doing the next one. vlr is one of my favorites 

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Count me in.

Welcome. I added you to the list with the games. :)

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Think we should all embrace what gift the Vita got this year: the new firmware crack. Homebrew on the Vita will bring it more life, since it seems Sony is doing everything it can to bury it. Just for all those skeptics and sycophants, cracking the Vita has nothing to do with trophies. For like 5% of those who crack it, sure. Very much the minority. There are also those who want to pirate the Vita games themselves. I love supporting the Vita and all it's devs, so I would never do that. However, to have a MAME emulator would be amazing. To be able to delete all the bloatware, use whatever microSD I wish: amazing. Very pumped for it.

I'm actually surprised that Sony didn't release a patch to remove access to Henkaku, even if it's only for the latest firmware. But it seems like Sony totally gave up the Vita like they did with the PS3, which has an open exploit to install CFW since the end of November last year. Honestly I'm not much into CFW anymore but I can understand your points. Sure, a lot of people use it to just pirate games but there's many use cases besides that. E.g. with my hacked PSP I can just create an ISO of my UMDs and play them all without carrying the discs or use PSX2PSP to play some of my PS1-games on the go. I guess the main reason I would use Hen for would be for easier switching between accounts to play some of the DLCs for my japanese imports. I'm well aware of the one exploit used for trophy syncing, but the CFW-methods seem much more comfortable on the long run.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I would never call you "And another Mayo stacker" because I am sure you would not like that either.

Well, you definitely could.

I only did it for trophy streak doing busy days =)

8 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I would have never played any game of this series if it had not been for PS+. I am not raving about it but it's okay (I enjoy the puzzles because I hardly need help with them) so I will probably finish it for the plat. But maybe others do really like it a lot and will buy the first parts too, who knows? Then they found something they did not know they would like and the studio makes some more money. I can't see anything wrong with that at all.

You don't understand.

ZTD is a conclusion to the series. You shouldn't play that before playing 999 and VLR because the brilliant story Zero Escape has would be completely lost :( 

That's why I really don't like people playing ZTD just because it was on Plus without care :/ 

If you really want to play it, get Nonary Games first.

Add Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment to my list as I`am going do that now as the PS4 version deleted my save data. well not ``Now`` as I`am still mourning and cursing over the loss of the save data on the PS4 Version.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2018 at 6:21 PM, DragonQuest238 said:

I am so glad for you! Maybe I should try them. :)

Thanks! :D

That's completely up to you (personally I wouldn't wish that catcher race on my worst enemy). But if you want those ultimate weapons you'll have to face them eventually. FFX is a great game though so don't skip it just because of a few minigames. 

@Crimson Idol

Congrats on having your first game ready to go! I'm nearing the end of FFX. Currently, I'm having trouble with Dark Yojimbo (can beat 2 of 5). But I've only got 2 characters maxed who are not the right ones for that fight so it's back to the sphere grid for me. 

As for the Japanese event I'll go with an on the nose title of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (haven't started the game yet). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Add Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment to my list as I`am going do that now as the PS4 version deleted my save data. well not ``Now`` as I`am still mourning and cursing over the loss of the save data on the PS4 Version.

Sorry to hear this. :( Losing save games is already annoying but especially when you have still have to finish a game and already spend a lot of time in it like you did with SAO. Hope this won't spoi your fun with the Vita-version. 

7 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Congrats on having your first game ready to go! I'm nearing the end of FFX. Currently, I'm having trouble with Dark Yojimbo (can beat 2 of 5). But I've only got 2 characters maxed who are not the right ones for that fight so it's back to the sphere grid for me. 

As for the Japanese event I'll go with an on the nose title of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (haven't started the game yet). 

Thanks. :) And good luck with the sphere grid grind. But as it's for another goal it's surely more bearable than it normally would be.

Added the new game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Sorry to hear this. :( Losing save games is already annoying but especially when you have still have to finish a game and already spend a lot of time in it like you did with SAO. Hope this won't spoi your fun with the Vita-version. 

While I`am going to Skip the Story and chests to get to the part where I can level up to 199. Only thing I`am not looking forward to do again is the 100 HNM-class monsters in multiplayer. For the heck of it I do the Vita Version in Reverse of the PS4 Version(after the Hollow Area story of course)

30 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Games have been added. Have fun with Reverie. IMO it was a really enjoyable tpp-down Zelda-like game. Maybe a bit short but better than a game that feels too long.

Thanks and yeah I'm looking forward to playing it. Will probably leave it until a couple of weeks before the event as it's quite short.

I just realized that I forgot to post my list for this yet, shameful considering how quickly I jumped into this event :o. Well, let's take a look at what I have on my tiny 4GB memory card....

Spoiler

S9opSLM.jpg

So, I think that my list is going to have all those games minus P4G (Just not far enough through it), Badland (Glitched plat), and Re;Birth 1 (Got a couple other Nep games to do before I continue it). Also just bought some Danganronpa games from the latest sale so I might try the firsut one if I have time for it, but again having only a 4GB card makes juggling games not very easy. Anywho, without further adieu here's my list for the event:

Spoiler

Civilization Revolution 2 Plus

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

Monster Monpiece

Drive Girls

forma.8

Licky the Lizard

Nep Nep PP (Maybe)

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (maybe)

Don't think I'll be able to do any more than that with my current schedule, but if there is I'll post an update :) 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 4:08 AM, Phil said:

Count me in. I love the Vita. Think we should all embrace what gift the Vita got this year: the new firmware crack. Homebrew on the Vita will bring it more life, since it seems Sony is doing everything it can to bury it. Just for all those skeptics and sycophants, cracking the Vita has nothing to do with trophies. For like 5% of those who crack it, sure. Very much the minority. There are also those who want to pirate the Vita games themselves. I love supporting the Vita and all it's devs, so I would never do that. However, to have a MAME emulator would be amazing. To be able to delete all the bloatware, use whatever microSD I wish: amazing. Very pumped for it.

Anyways, that's my big memory of this year for the Vita.

I'd like to throw in my hat with the party as well. What I currently have on my system, we can put down as me working on for the event.

flOw

Stealth Inc

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational (phys)

Wipeout 2048 (phys)

Tetris Ultimate (phys)

Energy Balance 

Oh, and for a Japanese game (s), put me down for Persona 4 Golden (phys) and Dancing All Night. (phys)

It was stupid of Sony NOT to allow multiple accounts on the Vita, so maybe I'll take advantage of the option to have that on my handheld.

Don't care about any of those games besides Persona 4 Golden, which I plan to get at some point, and Wipeout 2048, which sadly had it's online servers closed.

Uncharted Golden Abyss and Killzone Mercenary are well worth buying the console for. Tearaway and Gravity Rush are two other games I also plan to get, along with maybe Muramusa Rebirth, Soul Sacrifice, Unit 13 and Freedom Wars.

14 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

And at least Satoshi won't complain about you as you read VLR. :D 

Instead, I'll complain that he didn't do it as his 200th Plat :awesome: 

31 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I'll get half amount of scolding from @Satoshi Ookami as i haven't played the Nonary Games 1f602.png But know that i have the title on my Wishlist so if it drops in price i'll consider buying :)

Tsche.

Not playing the series fully 379672964855234561.png?v=1

:awesome: 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ratchet2425 said:

but again having only a 4GB card makes juggling games not very easy. Anywho, without further adieu here's my list for the event:

For this I'm just glad that I went with a 32GB card rather fast and later replaced it by a 64GB card in early 2014, although less than half of the space is used. :D

Added all of the non-maybes to your list.

• Like 1

I'm probably going to find a more original game that doesn't take too much time if I am going to join this event. While I just got a PS3, I want the Vita to have some respect since it is probably going to be the last handheld gaming system which isn't a hybrid, now that the Switch is taking off like hotcake rocketships; soon Sony will be creating a feature for the PS5 that has the controller be a tablet with controls on the side. xD

Edited by DragonQuest238

5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

For this I'm just glad that I went with a 32GB card rather fast and later replaced it by a 64GB card in early 2014, although less than half of the space is used. :D

Added all of the non-maybes to your list.

One of these days I'll get a 32GB card, but I had to get my Vita imported as there were no new ones in my area at all, and trying to get things like that in Leaf money costs alot :lol:. Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas this year since my Birthday is too close to get one now ?, thanks for updating my list :D.

9 hours ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

@Crimson Idol

Can I be added to the multiplayer boosting list for Ridge Racer? I definitely need somebody to help out with the Friend or Foe trophy and possibly Steal the Spotlight as well :hmm:

Added you to the section. Just checked the trophy requirements and it seems like Steal the Spotlight doesn't require you to be one of the top 1k racers in a team? If so, I might be of help myself as I still own Ridge Racer (bought it as a download back in 2014). The same applies for the friends trophy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Added you to the section. Just checked the trophy requirements and it seems like Steal the Spotlight doesn't require you to be one of the top 1k racers in a team? If so, I might be of help myself as I still own Ridge Racer (bought it as a download back in 2014). The same applies for the friends trophy.

Wow that would be awesome, thanks! :highfive:

The way I read the requirements for Steal the Spotlight is that the other player needs to be a randomly selected "Spotlight VIP" after that person has watched Team Vision. I think that's different to being among the top 1k players unless I'm reading it wrong :hmm: