Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

After getting only one game done during last year's event due to bugs and glitches that killed my motivation, I'd like to do better this time.

Games:

Freedom Wars

Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-

Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls

Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth

Gravity Rush

Not sure if I end up completing all of them, but I have them on my Vita and already started two of the above games and could use another reason for completing them.

• Like 2

Alright I have gone through my backlog and I think this is going to be my provisional list. The biggest challenge for someone who has never done a plat/100% rain before is deciding which trophy or trophies I should postpone.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

I started with the online and I probably should not have done that, because it turned me off completely. For my next attempt I will start with the single player instead.

Farming Simulator 14

An enjoyable game that is very good at sending me to sleep. But because that only works when I do everything myself (so not using farm hands), progress is slow.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

As with any open world game I quickly find myself just racing around town making no progress at all. This might be an incentive to actually get some trophies out of it.

(Looking for people to do the online with! Just add me on PSN with NFS as subject and then we can go and be mildly awesome together)

The Unfinished Swan

Pretty cool game I guess! Just not really what I expected for some reason. So this swan is indeed still unfinished (ahah!)

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Looking forward to this one. It might be the game that finally propels me into the Uncharted series.

Wanted Corp

I don't really know what the game is about or how I should play it, but I did get some trophies out of it already.

(Already found someone to do the online with, looking forward to it :))

And possibly some games I will buy between now and the magical day itself. I will probably treat myself to something simple like Inksplosion with this Vita celebration as excuse. But if all of this fails as hard as it is bound to, I will just buy My Name is Mayo and be done with it xD

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I started with the online and I probably should not have done that, because it turned me off completely. For my next attempt I will start with the single player instead.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Looking forward to this one. It might be the game that finally propels me into the Uncharted series.

AC: III L online was a let down IMO as well. Felt like a pointless mobile game. Took only a few days to complete though, so not difficult. Single player was great though! Hope you like it. 

Never played an Uncharted game? ? GA was the reason I found out about the Vita & bought one. A solid action/platformer game that uses most of the Vita's features really well (the motion shooting mechanic & touch screen climbing are my favs). 

Both these games have moderate lists to complete with collectibles/grindy trophies. Definitely do not save those for the rain days. Uncharted has lucked based ones & AC has a few that will take multiple attempts to count. 

17 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Never played an Uncharted game? 1f632.png GA was the reason I found out about the Vita & bought one. A solid action/platformer game that uses most of the Vita's features really well (the motion shooting mechanic & touch screen climbing are my favs).

I know right, pretty silly! I don't even really have an excuse, it just never happened. And thanks for the tips about the long and random trophies! I will really need to study the trophy lists to try and find an easy or fast one that I can leave until last.

A small heads-up for anyone with an EU-based account:

It seems like there are about ~100 games (including quite a bunch of J-Games) on sale for PS Vita at the moment. Don't know if it's part of the "Summer Sale" or if it will be listed in some way on the store. You might want to check PSPrices to see if there's any game of interest for you:

https://psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PSVita&page=1

Just change the region to your own store in the upper right to see the prices relevant to you.

And just asking:
Can Ray Gigant be recommended to people who aren't that much into Dungeon-Crawlers? Only played Demon Gaze in the recent years but after realizing that I had the wrong builds to tackle the last story bosses I decided to ditch the game as I didn't feel like leveling a completely new character.

45 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

A small heads-up for anyone with an EU-based account:

It seems like there are about ~100 games (including quite a bunch of J-Games) on sale for PS Vita at the moment. Don't know if it's part of the "Summer Sale" or if it will be listed in some way on the store. You might want to check PSPrices to see if there's any game of interest for you:

Just change the region to your own store in the upper right to see the prices relevant to you.

And just asking:
Can Ray Gigant be recommended to people who aren't that much into Dungeon-Crawlers? Only played Demon Gaze in the recent years but after realizing that I had the wrong builds to tackle the last story bosses I decided to ditch the game as I didn't feel like leveling a completely new character.

Ray Gigant is way easier than Demon Gaze imo. The last dungeons are as massive as what you can find in Demon Gaze but the first ones are fairly short. The traditional gimmicks (invisible doors, traps, hidden pits, etc) don't make their entrance until the second part of the game. There's no random battles, the enemy location appears on screen and you get your health replenished at the end of each battle. You can't really go wrong with your builds and if you're not satisfied with what you've done, there's an item that restores your points and allows you to re-distribute again (there's even a trophy for that :)).

All in all I quite liked it, it's more forgiving than Demon Gaze and the story is entertaining (for a dungeon crawler).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Yea, go for it. Ray Gigant is an incredibly easy game, builds don't even matter, lol xD

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Finally the actual sale...

The bad thing is...

The prices are good but I have most of those games physical :awesome: 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Myu said:

Ray Gigant is way easier than Demon Gaze imo. The last dungeons are as massive as what you can find in Demon Gaze but the first ones are fairly short. The traditional gimmicks (invisible doors, traps, hidden pits, etc) don't make their entrance until the second part of the game. There's no random battles, the enemy location appears on screen and you get your health replenished at the end of each battle. You can't really go wrong with your builds and if you're not satisfied with what you've done, there's an item that restores your points and allows you to re-distribute again (there's even a trophy for that :)).

All in all I quite liked it, it's more forgiving than Demon Gaze and the story is entertaining (for a dungeon crawler).

7 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yea, go for it. Ray Gigant is an incredibly easy game, builds don't even matter, lol xD

Thanks for the insight. Overall I enjoyed Demon Gaze when I played it but those random difficulty spikes really killed the mood. Hearing that Ray Gigant is much more forgiving is good to hear. Maybe It will enlighten the enjoyment for Dungeon Crawlers again.

Time to get some PSN funds then. :awesome: 

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Oh it is xD 

I never know if I want to wait for physical or get the digital version :awesome: 

There's no question my dear, physical only! :awesome:

Edit : okay, I've just seen Omega Quintet for 6 euros on the ps store, I might buy it...

Edited by Myu

Thought about a few games I want to play for this :) Some may be added at a later point (or I may do some of them a bit earlier, but I'll try to avoid that :P)

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars 

Ray Gigant

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni <- that's going to be a challenge though .. :jaymon:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Izul said:

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni <- that's going to be a challenge though .. :jaymon:

I lost motivation in the game before going for Survival or Challenge Mode so I can't really judge the difficulty but I guess the bigger problem will be to endure the grind for the 5 million XP as you will max out all your characters after obtaining about 2 million XP which already takes quite some time. Personally I also didn't enjoy it as much as Senran Kagura. Still wish you good luck with that. 

*skims*

Hmmm.. Is there going to be an event as well on Vita-tan's true birthday - 12/17?

If yes, I would love to join. Would put both Hakuoki games: Kyoto Winds on 12/17 and Edo Blossoms on 2/22(?)

Okay so this would be my first time ever participating in this and I just wanna make sure I'm understanding correctly...

So let's say I want to participate with Steins;Gate. I can start Steins;gate at any time, but I just have to wait to 100%/plat it until the event?

Sounds like a fun idea i just wanna make sure I'm understanding correctly cause playing and 100% a game in 3 days is pretty much impossible for me unless its some indie game that is easy to just get all trophies in one playthrough lmao

18 hours ago, JaM said:

*skims*

Hmmm.. Is there going to be an event as well on Vita-tan's true birthday - 12/17?

If yes, I would love to join. Would put both Hakuoki games: Kyoto Winds on 12/17 and Edo Blossoms on 2/22(?)

I mainly wanted to focus on February 22nd as event day, but adding December 17th as an optional day would also be possiblity. Don't know if there's much interest from others having two days/intervals. :dunno: 

46 minutes ago, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

So let's say I want to participate with Steins;Gate. I can start Steins;gate at any time, but I just have to wait to 100%/plat it until the event?

Yep, that's correct. You can play as far as you want in your chosen games before the event's time and you only have to ensure that the last trophy is earned during the event's timeframe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

Yep, that's correct. You can play as far as you want in your chosen games before the event's time and you only have to ensure that the last trophy is earned during the event's timeframe.

Oh perfect! In that case I'd love to join (: 

I'll join with

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk Plus

(and probably a couple more games that are undecided atm)

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 5:20 AM, pinkrobot_pb said:

Farming Simulator 14

An enjoyable game that is very good at sending me to sleep. But because that only works when I do everything myself (so not using farm hands), progress is slow.

For AC there should be a climb 8848m trophy that will be one of if not the last to earn. i would leave this to last and climb fairly close to plat easily on the day.

for farm sim there is a trophy for driving 1000km. not sure if not using farm hands will pop this earlier, but this was easily my last trophy and again you should be able to leave it for last and get pretty close prior to the event.

just be careful with both trophies to not go over beforehand, but those are my suggestions

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

Long version:

Reveal hidden contents

After I got home last night I had plans to clear some space & download FF X-2. FF X was staring me down from the shelf & I thought what the hell. Why not? Booted up FF X & headed for the crater at the Thunder Plains with no encounter equipment. Time to settle into tedium. White lightning would flash & I’d frantically spam X. Failed at a 53 streak. Tried again. This time just pressing X once after the lightning, no sense breaking fingers over this. Achieved a 200 streak (with an extra 30 thrown in after because this game really makes you question your counting abilities).

Headed back to the agency building, a chest was waiting for me. Good sign. Opened the chest for a reward for dodging 100 lightning strikes. Okay. Opened the chest again for the 150 streak. Great. Opened the chest for the third & final time for 2018-07-25-155007_zpsaasjwkpi.jpg

Not looking to waste my luck so far, I next visited the Calm Lands (really needs a name change) for the Chocobo race with a time of 0.0 Attempt after attempt for over an hour went by in furious misfortune. Either starting balloons were never on my side or worse yet there were & the birds would be locked on when I reached the plain. It was ridiculously infuriating. I quit with a best attempt at 3.1

Maybe doing the treasure race would give good Chocobo steering practice. Took only 4 attempts &

2018-07-25-200152_zpszrexvp3l.jpg

Alright, 2 games down & the most aggravating to go. Back to the races. 30 minutes later & through some miracle of RNG & skill this happened

2018-07-25-201855_zpshn0m5fwr.jpg

Which resulted in

2018-07-25-201903_zpsaxttdvkt.jpg

What’s left? Wakka slot reels through tournaments (vastly improved if I gather good players), grid spheres, & final bosses. All of which is manageable grinding. So in a very long about way of saying, I’m going for both Final Fantasy plats! Sorry for the long rant, but FF minigames drive me crazy.

Clicking that spoiler tag was worth it. Good read and congrats on getting those trophies!

Just now, Cisele80 said:

For AC there should be a climb 8848m trophy that will be one of if not the last to earn. i would leave this to last and climb fairly close to plat easily on the day.

for farm sim there is a trophy for driving 1000km. not sure if not using farm hands will pop this earlier, but this was easily my last trophy and again you should be able to leave it for last and get pretty close prior to the event.

just be careful with both trophies to not go over beforehand, but those are my suggestions

Wheeeeee thanks for those tips! The Assassins Creed one sounds perfect! And for Farming Simulator I will probably pop the 1000km rather soon (already up to around 700km because of doing all the driving myself as you rightly point out) so the next best thing will likely be getting close to 1.000.000 cash before Ye Grande Plat Pop Day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

Oh perfect! In that case I'd love to join (: 

I'll join with

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk Plus

(and probably a couple more games that are undecided atm)

Welcome to the event then and good luck with the Atelier-game. :) 

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

Need to make an addition to my list. Final Fantasy X

Simple version: I finally beat those 3 crazy minigames! :dance:

Long version:

Reveal hidden contents

After I got home last night I had plans to clear some space & download FF X-2. FF X was staring me down from the shelf & I thought what the hell. Why not? Booted up FF X & headed for the crater at the Thunder Plains with no encounter equipment. Time to settle into tedium. White lightning would flash & I’d frantically spam X. Failed at a 53 streak. Tried again. This time just pressing X once after the lightning, no sense breaking fingers over this. Achieved a 200 streak (with an extra 30 thrown in after because this game really makes you question your counting abilities).

Headed back to the agency building, a chest was waiting for me. Good sign. Opened the chest for a reward for dodging 100 lightning strikes. Okay. Opened the chest again for the 150 streak. Great. Opened the chest for the third & final time for 2018-07-25-155007_zpsaasjwkpi.jpg

Not looking to waste my luck so far, I next visited the Calm Lands (really needs a name change) for the Chocobo race with a time of 0.0 Attempt after attempt for over an hour went by in furious misfortune. Either starting balloons were never on my side or worse yet there were & the birds would be locked on when I reached the plain. It was ridiculously infuriating. I quit with a best attempt at 3.1

Maybe doing the treasure race would give good Chocobo steering practice. Took only 4 attempts &

2018-07-25-200152_zpszrexvp3l.jpg

Alright, 2 games down & the most aggravating to go. Back to the races. 30 minutes later & through some miracle of RNG & skill this happened

2018-07-25-201855_zpshn0m5fwr.jpg

Which resulted in

2018-07-25-201903_zpsaxttdvkt.jpg

What’s left? Wakka slot reels through tournaments (vastly improved if I gather good players), grid spheres, & final bosses. All of which is manageable grinding. So in a very long about way of saying, I’m going for both Final Fantasy plats! Sorry for the long rant, but FF minigames drive me crazy.

Congratulations! It's nice to hear that you were able to surpass the minigames. Hope that the grind won't drive you nuts, though. :P 

• Like 1