Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

Need to make an addition to my list. Final Fantasy X

Simple version: I finally beat those 3 crazy minigames! :dance:

Long version:

Reveal hidden contents

After I got home last night I had plans to clear some space & download FF X-2. FF X was staring me down from the shelf & I thought what the hell. Why not? Booted up FF X & headed for the crater at the Thunder Plains with no encounter equipment. Time to settle into tedium. White lightning would flash & I’d frantically spam X. Failed at a 53 streak. Tried again. This time just pressing X once after the lightning, no sense breaking fingers over this. Achieved a 200 streak (with an extra 30 thrown in after because this game really makes you question your counting abilities).

Headed back to the agency building, a chest was waiting for me. Good sign. Opened the chest for a reward for dodging 100 lightning strikes. Okay. Opened the chest again for the 150 streak. Great. Opened the chest for the third & final time for 2018-07-25-155007_zpsaasjwkpi.jpg

Not looking to waste my luck so far, I next visited the Calm Lands (really needs a name change) for the Chocobo race with a time of 0.0 Attempt after attempt for over an hour went by in furious misfortune. Either starting balloons were never on my side or worse yet there were & the birds would be locked on when I reached the plain. It was ridiculously infuriating. I quit with a best attempt at 3.1

Maybe doing the treasure race would give good Chocobo steering practice. Took only 4 attempts &

2018-07-25-200152_zpszrexvp3l.jpg

Alright, 2 games down & the most aggravating to go. Back to the races. 30 minutes later & through some miracle of RNG & skill this happened

2018-07-25-201855_zpshn0m5fwr.jpg

Which resulted in

2018-07-25-201903_zpsaxttdvkt.jpg

What’s left? Wakka slot reels through tournaments (vastly improved if I gather good players), grid spheres, & final bosses. All of which is manageable grinding. So in a very long about way of saying, I’m going for both Final Fantasy plats! Sorry for the long rant, but FF minigames drive me crazy.

Congrats!!!!! Those mini games were so infuriating! I'm glad you managed to unlock them!

3 hours ago, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

Okay so this would be my first time ever participating in this and I just wanna make sure I'm understanding correctly...

So let's say I want to participate with Steins;Gate. I can start Steins;gate at any time, but I just have to wait to 100%/plat it until the event?

Sounds like a fun idea i just wanna make sure I'm understanding correctly cause playing and 100% a game in 3 days is pretty much impossible for me unless its some indie game that is easy to just get all trophies in one playthrough lmao

It's also a good idea for the last trophy left to be an easy trophy or a trophy ready to pop. That way, even if you don't really remember the gameplay or the battle system, you can still unlock it easily.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Myu said:

It's also a good idea for the last trophy left to be an easy trophy or a trophy ready to pop. That way, even if you don't really remember the gameplay or the battle system, you can still unlock it easily.

That's smart and makes sense. Thank you!

Also I like your Tides of Destiny trophy card :3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I have a decent USB charger for my PS Vita, I will gladly be a part of this event! Especially since I heard that my Vita's cartridge slot will remain empty forever after I heard that Vita no longer will get physical games after March next year. I heard about them pulling Vita games off of PS+ after March but this is a death kiss for the PS Vita and chances are that PS5 will be Sony's version of the Nintendo Switch and Sony won't be having a handheld next generation, so we need to focus on the Vita as much as possible! :)

Also, I will probably end up platting Persona 4 Golden on that February date because it's long.

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

Cool, I'll try and pop some plats for the Japanese anniversary this time around since we have more time to prepare for it. It would feel weird popping Undertale and Cosmic Star Heroine in December since they aren't Japanese games, so I'll add two new games to the list specifically for the Japanese anniversary. Those are:

• Bullet Girls
  • MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies

Again, I'll decide on the final list closer to the date, but those should do for now.

• Like 1

Awesome! I had actually pondered about suggesting something like that. Mainly because of the fact that I only have an 8Gb memory card and do not have fond memories of deleting games, because that deleted my progress too. I probably did it wrong then, but still I have made it a habit to not remove any game from my Vita until I plat it. So this will come in very handy!

Will add everybody or update the list when I'm home again, which should be in about 12 hours or so. :)

10 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Awesome! I had actually pondered about suggesting something like that.

Why didn't you do it then? :P

After sleeping over this I'm actually glad that I decided to add the day, too. Simply for the fact that I don't want to keep a whole bunch of games prepared for 5, 6 months either and having to keep note on what is left to do or how the controls were. xD

10 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Mainly because of the fact that I only have an 8Gb memory card and do not have fond memories of deleting games, because that deleted my progress too. I probably did it wrong then, but still I have made it a habit to not remove any game from my Vita until I plat it. So this will come in very handy!

Stupidly enough the Vita is the only system I'm aware of where deleting the game also means that the save data is deleted, too. When you want to delete games and keep the save data you either have to upload it to the PS+-cloud (via the plus-icon on a game's live tile) or you have to use the Content Manager which gives you the possibility to backup the game (including save games, DLCs and patches) to either a PC, or a PS3.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Why didn't you do it then? :P

Stupidly enough the Vita is the only system I'm aware of where deleting the game also means that the save data is deleted, too. When you want to delete games and keep the save data you either have to upload it to the PS+-cloud (via the plus-icon on a game's live tile) or you have to use the Content Manager which gives you the possibility to backup the game (including save games, DLCs and patches) to either a PC, or a PS3.

Wow, I did not even know about the backup part. I will most definitely do that from now on, thanks! Since the debacle with losing my progress in WRC 5 I have got myself a PS+ subscripton. My Vita now indeed uploads my saves to the cloud, so I should be fine, but still it does not feel right for some reason.

I did not suggest it because in the end it felt like something I would mainly suggest for my own good. ;) Not so now it has been paired with the Japanese birthday though. I will probably plat Zero Time Dilemma on that one, not too sure about other games yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Wow, I did not even know about the backup part. I will most definitely do that from now on, thanks! Since the debacle with losing my progress in WRC 5 I have got myself a PS+ subscripton. My Vita now indeed uploads my saves to the cloud, so I should be fine, but still it does not feel right for some reason.

If you want to be sure you can also check the state of all your save games via the Content Manager. When starting it you normally can choose whether you want to connect to a PC, PS3, or the PS+-cloud. When choosing the cloud, you will be able to see all save-games and tapping the I-icon beside a title should show the date when the save was uploaded IIRC. But I can understand that you still feel uncomfortable with relying on backup-tool solely. But hey, at least we have some ways to backup or save games (unlike on a certain Nintendo-handheld/console <_< )

22 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I did not suggest it because in the end it felt like something I would mainly suggest for my own good. ;) Not so now it has been paired with the Japanese birthday though. I will probably plat Zero Time Dilemma on that one, not too sure about other games yet.

Ah okay, I thought you already had the japanese birthday in mind as a popping date. :P

Started Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls, I should have at least one game ready for the Japanese event. Just have to remember to leave any trophy unearned, that's something I rarely do. I actually started it to make some space on my Vita memory card after completing it, there's no space left as of now. I suppose I can make a PS+ backup, delete the game and set a reminder for myself to download it again when I need it for the event.

Since you seem to post links to the games of each participant in this thread, here's mine for Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5469-superdimension-neptune-vs-sega-hard-girls/viech54

Also, can you add Soul Sacrifice Delta to my list? Got it in the PSN summer sale.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Started Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls[...]

I'm sure you are aware of it but I guess the best trophy to keep for last is the typical LIly Rank-grind the series seems to feature in every installment.

33 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Since you seem to post links to the games of each participant in this thread, here's mine for Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5469-superdimension-neptune-vs-sega-hard-girls/viech54

Also, can you add Soul Sacrifice Delta to my list? Got it in the PSN summer sale.

There's no need to post the links specifically, but thanks nonetheless.

Will add SSD later this evening when I'm back at home. :)

22 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I'm sure you are aware of it but I guess the best trophy to keep for last is the typical LIly Rank-grind the series seems to feature in every installment.

Will add SSD later this evening when I'm back at home. :)

Yes, the Lily Rank-grind is a good idea. Another one would be the optional boss Delphinus. Both would work, I guess. I'll see what I get just from playing the game and getting all endings, then make up my mind.

And thanks :)

Edited by viech54

@DragonQuest238

Added you to the participant list.

@Undead Wolf @pinkrobot_pb @KawaiiSlowpoke @Leon Castle @viech54

I either added your newly mentioned games or set the internal event-day to the japanese one for a specific game. I'm thinking of a way to display those games in a specific way but the board's editor is screwing with me and it's way too late (and still too warm) right now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, there are too many that do it :/ 

Maybe putting it on Plus was a mistake :/

I would have never played any game of this series if it had not been for PS+. I am not raving about it but it's okay (I enjoy the puzzles because I hardly need help with them) so I will probably finish it for the plat. But maybe others do really like it a lot and will buy the first parts too, who knows? Then they found something they did not know they would like and the studio makes some more money. I can't see anything wrong with that at all.

I know that a lot of people always seems to want the big AAA titles for PS+. And if there is 1 then they want 2. And then they are not new and big enough. Etc. But for me (only 8 months now using PS+ I think) it has been far better at showing me stuff I had no idea I would like. Games I would never pick up, not even in a huge sale, but since they were already paid for then why the heck not try them. Already looking forward to plugging in this month's unknowns and see what they are like. Hopefully the Vita ones will be good and I can bung them up on one of my lists :)

PS, I really did not appreciate the "and another one" comment. We're all friends of the Vita on this topic I hope, no matter the kind of games we like. I would never call you "And another Mayo stacker" because I am sure you would not like that either. We all play what we want to play, the way we want to play it, right?

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

Count me in. I love the Vita. Think we should all embrace what gift the Vita got this year: the new firmware crack. Homebrew on the Vita will bring it more life, since it seems Sony is doing everything it can to bury it. Just for all those skeptics and sycophants, cracking the Vita has nothing to do with trophies. For like 5% of those who crack it, sure. Very much the minority. There are also those who want to pirate the Vita games themselves. I love supporting the Vita and all it's devs, so I would never do that. However, to have a MAME emulator would be amazing. To be able to delete all the bloatware, use whatever microSD I wish: amazing. Very pumped for it.

Anyways, that's my big memory of this year for the Vita.

I'd like to throw in my hat with the party as well. What I currently have on my system, we can put down as me working on for the event.

flOw

Stealth Inc

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational (phys)

Wipeout 2048 (phys)

Tetris Ultimate (phys)

Energy Balance 

Oh, and for a Japanese game (s), put me down for Persona 4 Golden (phys) and Dancing All Night. (phys)

Edited by Phil
  • Like 3