Movie Critic

palmersib

12 minutes ago, palmersib said:

Not sure if it this has been asked already but one of the few achievements I need to get for the ps4 FF9 is Movie Critic which requires you to view 79 active time events, now is that through one play through or is it over several play throughs?

1 Playthrough :)
I think there are over 100 in all (could be wrong) so as long as you don't miss loads you should be okay!

As far as I understood it, you cannot miss any*, and it needs to be done in one playthrough.

* There are a few that are mutually exclusive, so as long as you get one of them, you will be good.

This is the guide I used on my play, and it was an excellent source of information that got me everything I needed.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=665159772

Edited by Sir_Bee

• 6 months later...

Probably beating the proverbial dead horse by reviving this thread, but I need help with this guide. I've just followed the walkthrough guide for this trophy, in a brand new save file, and have made absolutely sure that I have not missed a single required cutscene. However, upon receiving the final ATE in Pandaemonium, I still haven't unlocked this achievement. I didn't have any of the "cheats" active, and the only assistance I used was the 9999 damage button and the fast-speed button (which shouldn't have any bearing on being locked out of achievements). Have I done something wrong?

On 1/26/2019 at 0:11 PM, jumpnbounce said:

Probably beating the proverbial dead horse by reviving this thread, but I need help with this guide. I've just followed the walkthrough guide for this trophy, in a brand new save file, and have made absolutely sure that I have not missed a single required cutscene. However, upon receiving the final ATE in Pandaemonium, I still haven't unlocked this achievement. I didn't have any of the "cheats" active, and the only assistance I used was the 9999 damage button and the fast-speed button (which shouldn't have any bearing on being locked out of achievements). Have I done something wrong?

I'm in the same boat buddy, this is my third play through and the only trophies i have left is S-Hunter rank which i hopefully will get after doing chocobo hot and cold and ATE events which didn't pop for me. 

I had a list that i ticked off, with 2 guides opened and and made sure I got each ATE, even restarted a few saves on the more risky ones, but the trophy didn pop at the elevator in Pandemonium. Even reloaded my saves a few times, but still. Went through my list and compared them with other guides to see if they match up, and they did. 

Sigh, this is a great game but as a trophy hunter this game has amongst the worst trophies. I can't think of any other game that has had so many bad trophies in it.

Once i get S-Hunter Rank trophies i'm going to try one more time, but not sure what I will do different, because i did every ATE and made sure double sure i did them.

1 hour ago, VaNiDgE said:

I'm in the same boat buddy, this is my third play through and the only trophies i have left is S-Hunter rank which i hopefully will get after doing chocobo hot and cold and ATE events which didn't pop for me. 

I had a list that i ticked off, with 2 guides opened and and made sure I got each ATE, even restarted a few saves on the more risky ones, but the trophy didn pop at the elevator in Pandemonium. Even reloaded my saves a few times, but still. Went through my list and compared them with other guides to see if they match up, and they did. 

Sigh, this is a great game but as a trophy hunter this game has amongst the worst trophies. I can't think of any other game that has had so many bad trophies in it.

Once i get S-Hunter Rank trophies i'm going to try one more time, but not sure what I will do different, because i did every ATE and made sure double sure i did them.

I had the same issue, but people just told me I must have used the continue option instead of loading a game and thus missed an ATE on reloading. I was pretty sure I didn't do that though, but there were no reports of it being glitched at the time. Still haven't replayed it to get the trophy (despite it being my favourite FF).

There 80 ATE in FF9 and one of them is optional bc there are two ATEs you have to choose from and you can only view one of them in the same playthrough so you can say you have to see all possible ATEs in done playthrough.

I wrote a guide on how to finde them all, but the guide is german and pretty long. all the guides I found myself were incomplete which is why I decided to do it myself. there are a few sections you have to go through with caution.

the two most criticals are the black mage village and treno, you have to follow the one perfect way of walking through those places to not miss an ATE bc some of them will only appear when you meet the contions right. I am pretty sure there will be your missing ATE. If you just walk the wrong way once you can already miss one of the ATEs and there are so many that it's maybe confusing.

If thats not helping I can probably find the time to translate my guide but I would recommend to try treno and the village first :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 27/1/2019 at 1:50 PM, VaNiDgE said:

So I see you got the trophy in the end, and I failed to get it in my second playthrough, even checking the guide constantly, so what did you did different in order to get it?

24 minutes ago, Spontiark said:

So I see you got the trophy in the end, and I failed to get it in my second playthrough, even checking the guide constantly, so what did you did different in order to get it?

Hi @Spontiark I got the platinum for this a few months ago and if i hadn't have saved, would have messed the ATE thing up at this specific point. I would guess that the one you might be struggling with is the ATE's in black mage village because if you don't do them in the correct order, you lock yourself out from one of them.

I've taken this solution from user on reddit/Sichyotsohaia but i would suggest you follow this closely:

1. Choose "Gourmand's Nose" when you first enter.

2. Go Right towards where Quina went. Choose "Everyday Life"

3. DO NOT ENTER CHOCOBO PEN. Go back to the entrance and proceed up the stairs and to the RIGHT. Choose "Life on the Run"

4. Go back and go left towards the Synthesis Shop. Choose "Life Cycle"

5. Go back to the chocobo pen, go inside and choose "Visitor, Not Invader"

6. Head left to the cemetery, "Different Language" will trigger automatically as it's mandatory for the story.

All other ATE's trigger normally but the ones above need to be done in this order. The other ATE to be aware of of course is the one where you need to have very little money. I ticked off every ATE as listed on the guide here at PSN profiles and (along with the black mage village stuff listed above) was all i needed to do it.