Mystical_Heaven

Online Multiplayer Shutting Down October 11, 2018

81 posts in this topic

Someone like needs a miracle to pop 6 months trophy in 2 months, possible but I'll pass. Good luck before servers turn into potato from booster overload.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PSA, i would advise against starting to boost this game if you do not have the dedication trophy. Reason being is because its very glitchy and not guaranteed to pop after 6 months. It has a high chance of popping on new years but since the shutdown is almost 3 months after the shutdown date i wouldn't risk it. If it wasn't for that trophy this boost would be pretty doable in 3 months.

Edited by jgm4789
spelling error
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This platinum is pretty much unobtainable for anyone who didn't get Dedication yet, because the game isn't going to have another January 1st to unlock the trophy and it is less than 6 months from the server shutdown date now. However, some people have been lucky enough to get Dedication to unlock for them in their first ever online match and it is reported that it can happen with used copies of the game, I assume the bluray keeps the online stats for the game stored somewhere and thinks you played it online after 6 months in your first match. That occurrence is too rare to really count on, so it's bad luck to anyone who wanted it but never got Dedication. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Damn I’m so glad I got this done years ago. I absolutely loved playing Crysis 2’s MP! I really hope they remaster the Crysis trilogy. Would be sick to see it in 4K! 

I had the opposite experience.  The online was a terrible lagfest with invisible-cloak cheap tactics.  Plus you had pros that play this game religiously and they had all the best unlocks meanwhile you start out with nothing that can compare.  It's so broken. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, melodicmizery said:

can you just turn the clock 6 months forward on your ps3 and pop it?

 

No, the game tracks the amount of time you've played through the servers. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read somewhere that there are 2 exploits about Dedication trophy:

 

-1 is well know and it's on New Year Day.

 

- The second one is trying to play a full match during the 1st of every month

 

 

 

So I have only 2 tries: the Dedication thing will glitch and it will pop up 20 days before the 6 months. Or I can try to play on first day of every month

Edited by Mystical_Heaven
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Abysm_Nucleus said:

Wondering how many people are crying right now... LOL

I am but I am ok because I haven't loaded it on my profile yet. I'll just play the story on a dummy account and then move on to crysis 3 because i'm sure that server is next

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was coming, shame really. Crysis 2 was a great game I liked quite a lot on the Xbox.

 

The only killer with this one is the 6 months trophy, everything else was pretty simple.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a shame: I loved the MP aspect of the game but, at the same time, I hated it a lot. I had to reboot three times the nanosuit to get Tooled Up :jaymon:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they actually shutting down the online portion? I thought this was a p2p game...Couldnt that just mean they won't service it anymore? Or maintain leaderboards?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh well, if it wasn't for that Dedication trophy, it sure sounds like possible in the next 2 months. I will be staying away from the online in this one... I may actually do the single player trophies just for fun at some point though.

 

Thanks for the heads up OP. 👍

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

I had the opposite experience.  The online was a terrible lagfest with invisible-cloak cheap tactics.  Plus you had pros that play this game religiously and they had all the best unlocks meanwhile you start out with nothing that can compare.  It's so broken. 

In Crysis 2 you had the best perk right from the start (stealth enhanced) and you also unlocked the strongest weapon (feline) relatively early. Maybe it just wasnt your kind of game. I personally loved it. The perfect mix between oldschool fast paced arena shooter and new multiplayer influences like killstreaks and weapon customization. The game was all about rushing around the map with high speed and hunting down the enemies. Campers from CoD and Battlefield didnt stand a chance. 

 

I would love a PS4 Collection of the Crysis series with PC Graphics. They could also include the fourth game in the series Crysis Warhead, which was never released on consoles. And the Multiplayer could be a standalone game with all Maps from Crysis 2, 3 and their DLCs.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

can you just turn the clock 6 months forward on your ps3 and pop it?

 

52 minutes ago, Sergen said:

 

No, the game tracks the amount of time you've played through the servers. 

Well can we even be sure about that? It has only been out for 7+ years now, so I doubt anyone ever tested it before. Could we get someone on the game asap to test it out?

Fingers crossed guys :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone already has dedication how long does it take to get the rest?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sergen said:

This platinum is pretty much unobtainable for anyone who didn't get Dedication yet, because the game isn't going to have another January 1st to unlock the trophy and it is less than 6 months from the server shutdown date now. However, some people have been lucky enough to get Dedication to unlock for them in their first ever online match and it is reported that it can happen with used copies of the game, I assume the bluray keeps the online stats for the game stored somewhere and thinks you played it online after 6 months in your first match. That occurrence is too rare to really count on, so it's bad luck to anyone who wanted it but never got Dedication. 

It could on first match. If your lucky

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

If someone already has dedication how long does it take to get the rest?

50ish hours, 6 people required to start matches 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.