Online Multiplayer Shutting Down October 11, 2018

Mystical_Heaven

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

This platinum is pretty much unobtainable for anyone who didn't get Dedication yet, because the game isn't going to have another January 1st to unlock the trophy and it is less than 6 months from the server shutdown date now. However, some people have been lucky enough to get Dedication to unlock for them in their first ever online match and it is reported that it can happen with used copies of the game, I assume the bluray keeps the online stats for the game stored somewhere and thinks you played it online after 6 months in your first match. That occurrence is too rare to really count on, so it's bad luck to anyone who wanted it but never got Dedication. 

Not completely true. Dedication trophy is glitched in a good and a bad way.

The 1st January exploit is true, but as far as I'm reading around, many players got Dedication trophy playing on first day of a different month. Two friends of mine got Dedication trophy on 1st August and other five during the first day of September. All of them started the game in April of the same year. So lesser than 6 months.

In another hand, I have 3 friends that never got Dedication in 3 years.

P.s. and I hope this is a P2P multiplayer like R.U.S.E. is. Infact I got all online trophies in R.U.S.E. even though Ubisoft confirmed its shutdown last november

Edited by Mystical_Heaven

So relieved I did the online last year, the boosting isn't too hard. Only co-ordinating 6+ people everytime becomes painful. I had dedication glitch on me so I used the Jan1st exploit. I know some had issues popping Tooled Up but thankfully I didn't. There is a workaround to avoid the glitch happening but I don't think its guaranteed either.

Guess Its time to start Crysis 3 

1 hour ago, Mystical_Heaven said:

Not completely true. Dedication trophy is glitched in a good and a bad way.

The 1st January exploit is true, but as far as I'm reading around, many players got Dedication trophy playing on first day of a different month. Two friends of mine got Dedication trophy on 1st August and other five during the first day of September. All of them started the game in April of the same year. So lesser than 6 months.

In another hand, I have 3 friends that never got Dedication in 3 years.

P.s. and I hope this is a P2P multiplayer like R.U.S.E. is. Infact I got all online trophies in R.U.S.E. even though Ubisoft confirmed its shutdown last november

When the PC Version of C2 was shut down together with Gamespy, Crytek said that the console versions are p2p and therefore never will shut down. Maybe this simply wasnt the truth. But maybe this means that this shutdown will "only" affect the leaderboards of the game. Question is, will trophies still be achievable, if you play unranked/without stats/leaderboards. I also believe that the dedication timer is connected to your stats on the servers.

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

In Crysis 2 you had the best perk right from the start (stealth enhanced) and you also unlocked the strongest weapon (feline) relatively early. Maybe it just wasnt your kind of game. I personally loved it. The perfect mix between oldschool fast paced arena shooter and new multiplayer influences like killstreaks and weapon customization. The game was all about rushing around the map with high speed and hunting down the enemies. Campers from CoD and Battlefield didnt stand a chance. 

I would love a PS4 Collection of the Crysis series with PC Graphics. They could also include the fourth game in the series Crysis Warhead, which was never released on consoles. And the Multiplayer could be a standalone game with all Maps from Crysis 2, 3 and their DLCs.

I think cowards use Stealth cloaking.  It's the same crap that campers in COD games do, sit in corners waiting.  Low skill. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

So glad I got the multiplayer done in 2015...I managed to get Dedication on January 1st, so I confirm that it works on that date. 

If you haven't already played the multiplayer and gotten that trophy, don't bother. 

The last time I tried to play, the game and my PS3 froze connecting to multiplayer. 

7 hours ago, Jeanmi96 said:

Well can we even be sure about that? It has only been out for 7+ years now, so I doubt anyone ever tested it before. Could we get someone on the game asap to test it out?

Fingers crossed guys :)

Unfortunately it doesn’t work, a group of people first tested this in 2016 I believe and it didn’t work. It was quite revolutionary at the time; the idea of manipulation of the console clock to go for a trophy, especially this one, where the time based clock element of it is severely masked. I mean, I thought the trophy was referencing killing a character or cult within the SP called “six months” and it was missable and had to be done on your first run on the save file so to speak, hence the “first time” part of the description. 

People started earning the trophy in September 2011, completely at a loss as to why it was popping, and then in ~2014 they figured out what it was for, and then in 2016 the first ps3 clock change trials began. 

13 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

I think cowards use Stealth cloaking.  It's the same crap that campers in COD games do, sit in corners waiting.  Low skill. 

Respectfully, I disagree with this. The stealth element in the game adds a different dynamic to playing. Sure, you could label it as another way of camping, but in Crysis 2, the stealth gauge can be shorted out quick with a EMP grenade. Honestly, its not a bad thing, its just different people makes it out to be a bad thing.

• Like 3

There's one glitched trophy on this game that not many people really mention much, but it's the "Try Me" trophy for playing 3 matches on the game. I recommend to anyone who starts this game that they just rubber band their controller and don't try to play the game normally for your first 3 matches, that way you won't earn any trophy on the game and you can have that trophy as your first one. There is no known fix for the trophy if it fails to unlock for you and because the game's stats are saved to the servers you won't be able to delete a save to keep retrying the trophy. This is all assuming you get lucky with Dedication in the future, if playing on the 1st of any month works like people have suggested.  I already consider the game not worth starting and grinding if you can't get that one to unlock.

Here was a thread about it (he never went on to fix the trophy https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/829-crysis-2/Psilva81?order=date): 

Edited by Sergen

Talked to EA support. Said he'd send a request to the right people.

https://ibb.co/mV3K6y

Also suggested to post in EA answers crysis forum because the reason for shutdown is due to lack of players. If we all start asking, we could possibly have them extend into first week of january

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-Games/Service-Update-Crysis-2-Online-Multiplayer-Servers-not-available/m-p/6917760#M18298

Edited by russiandude123

5 minutes ago, russiandude123 said:

Talked to EA support. Said he'd send a request to the right people.

https://ibb.co/mV3K6y

Also suggested to post in EA answers crysis forum because the reason for shutdown is due to lack of players. If we all start asking, we could possibly have them extend into first week of january

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-Games/Service-Update-Crysis-2-Online-Multiplayer-Servers-not-available/m-p/6917760#M18298

although i doubt EA will do anything about it, we could always try... 

Lets all try to convince them to delay the shutdown date till January 11st for example.

8 minutes ago, zontex said:

Someone already created a thread in the EA forums regarding this issue and I also replyed to it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-Games/Dedication-trophy-is-impossible-now-due-to-the-server-closure-of/m-p/6924799/highlight/false#M18307

Got get your vocie up guys! Maybe we can at least extend the shutdown period, if we try at least!

thanks dude for linking my thread :) 

• Like 1