Online Multiplayer Shutting Down October 11, 2018

Mystical_Heaven

6 hours ago, Sergen said:

There's one glitched trophy on this game that not many people really mention much, but it's the "Try Me" trophy for playing 3 matches on the game. I recommend to anyone who starts this game that they just rubber band their controller and don't try to play the game normally for your first 3 matches, that way you won't earn any trophy on the game and you can have that trophy as your first one. There is no known fix for the trophy if it fails to unlock for you and because the game's stats are saved to the servers you won't be able to delete a save to keep retrying the trophy. This is all assuming you get lucky with Dedication in the future, if playing on the 1st of any month works like people have suggested.  I already consider the game not worth starting and grinding if you can't get that one to unlock.

Here was a thread about it (he never went on to fix the trophy https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/829-crysis-2/Psilva81?order=date): 

What is the rubber band method that you speak of for playing the first 3 matches?

51 minutes ago, kagealchemist said:

What is the rubber band method that you speak of for playing the first 3 matches?

I just recommend you to find a match and rubber band your left stick (hold the left stick down and wrap a rubber band around your controller starting from the stick) because the game has implemented a kick to people who don't move in a match. 

Edited by Sergen

Can't believe no one mentioned Modern Art being glitched. This stupid trophy almost made my platinum to-be unobtainable. Even trying the so called safety protocols, it didn't unlock. I eventually got it by the Grace of God. In one particular match, knowing some challenges that unlock dog tags, I managed to get 6 new, unique tags in one match. Don't know how I did it, but upon the match wrapping up, it unlocked. My only explanation as to what happened is that whatever Artificial Background system that unlocks trophies, was able to overrule the glitch on my account by me unlocking 6 tags at once. Not really sure if this makes sense, but whatever force that occurred, I'm forever grateful. 

I actually would've started and finished this series if it weren't for that 6 month trophy, kinda wish they had announced the shutdown over 6 months in advance to let people start the game from scratch and still get the plat. I'll probably just play Crysis 2 on an alt account if I ever get around to the series.

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

I just recommend you to find a match and rubber band your left stick (hold the left stick down and wrap a rubber band around your controller starting from the stick) because the game has implemented a kick to people who don't move in a match. 

Are you saying this just to ensure that this is the first trophy you get? Or so it actually helps you get the trophy somehow?

1 hour ago, mekktor said:

Are you saying this just to ensure that this is the first trophy you get? Or so it actually helps you get the trophy somehow?

So it's the first trophy someone gets, because if it glitches then there's no point continuing with the game since there is no known fix for that trophy if it doesn't unlock. 

Hey guys so i just talked to an advisor and this is what he told me:

Me: "so Crysis 2 server closure has been announced 2 days ago which will shut down on Oct. 11 2018, which means everyone who started the game recently like me before the shutdown date can no longer obtain the dedication trophy which requires to play a full round 6 months after your very first one, all i want here is a delay to Feb. 2019 to make the trophy and platinum obtainable again for people who just started now or recently like me, and since it's July 2018 already it's impossible to log in to Oct. 2018 because Oct. 2018 is just 3 months away"

EA Advisor: "Alright i understand however only one request is not enough to do that, it is the company's decision and to delay it there should be abundant requests to make it happen"

i guess if everyone here takes 3 damn mins of their time commenting on my forum post about my petition for the Dedication trophy we actually may have a chance. Come on people! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-Games/Dedication-trophy-is-impossible-now-due-to-the-server-closure-of/td-p/6924799

Edited by SniperEliteDido
  • Like 3

The main problem with trophy glitching in this game is due to the fact that sometimes you may be kicked while leveling up (this happens if you are idle or if you have a poor connection to the host). When you level up you normally unlock stuff, but if you are kicked while leveling up, the servers won't register anything and in the long run trophies may glitch.

My recommendation is to try not to leave matches, especially if you are close to levelling up. This is just a theory, it's not confirmed, but I'm quite sure it's the reason why some trophies glitch. Just make sure to finish all your matches, don't quit and try to host if you can.

5 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

Hey guys so i just talked to an advisor and this is what he told me:

i guess if everyone here takes 3 damn mins of their time commenting on my forum post about my petition for the Dedication trophy we actually may have a chance. Come on people! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-Games/Dedication-trophy-is-impossible-now-due-to-the-server-closure-of/td-p/6924799

People please do this and we maybe have a chance to finish the game with this stupid 6 months Tropy!

Come on! It just takes a minute or two to comment over at the official forums!

27 minutes ago, CristianX-97 said:

Can someone please give me full clarification as to what exactly is going offline? I feel like it's purposely not being clear as to what exactly is being shutdown. I almost get the impression #3 is being shutdown also. Can't seem to find anything concrete. 

You have the same information as everyone else.

56 minutes ago, CristianX-97 said:

Can someone please give me full clarification as to what exactly is going offline? I feel like it's purposely not being clear as to what exactly is being shutdown. I almost get the impression #3 is being shutdown also. Can't seem to find anything concrete. 

I haven’t seen anything about 3 closing but it seems as though people are expecting it to close soon with the announcement of 2 being shut down 

On 7/17/2018 at 2:56 AM, Heavy Foliage said:

I don't understand why stealth users are supposed to be cowards. It's called stealth for a reason, you are not supposed to be seen, therefore taking your time is totally acceptable, whether you're camping or not.

If you want a stealth game go play single player. 

12 hours ago, russiandude123 said:

lol. Just emailed CEO of EA. Lets see if I get a response from him.

He will drop all important business to reply back to russiandude123... oh yes. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Crysis 2 multiplayer was fucking epic. All multiplayer games must die, but definitely makes me sad seeing this multiplayer shutdown. At least Crysis 3 multiplayer is still around, but I'm sure time is ticking. It's also pretty dead, but not as bad as Crysis 2. 

Happy I got all the trophies done for these games. I hope anyone trying to finish up the MP by October gets it done! I remember Tooled Up glitched on me. Fortunately, entering a DLC code I found at Game Stop saved my ass... 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...