Camp Wannalottaplat

Hey everyone. Sorry to inform you all that Camp Wannalottaplat was shut down early this year due to a disagreement with the land owners the camp resides on.

Camp director Toogie locked the doors to the camp when he left but camp now seems to have disappeared from PSNProfiles county. Not sure if it was an alien ship with a gigantic incineration ray or the landowner carpet bombed the entire camp.... your guess is as good as mine. Fact is it somehow ceased to exist.

Personally Im sorry to see this happen and will miss camp and other future events as camp director Toogie has decided to retire.

I appreciate the past events I was fortunate to be a part of and the entire community that participated but doubt I will join many other events in the future for my own reasons.

-donut

• Like 3

I am locked in. I was napping in Cabin #2 when this happened. ?

Seriously though, this sucks. I had the thread open earlier today. If I knew it was going to totally disappear, I would have taken screenshots of the opening post to preserve the integrity of the event if we had been able to find a new camp to go to.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

I mean no disrespect to toog or the event but I was having a lot of fun and volunteer to pick up the responsibility of running this...but there are several catches...1 - I have no idea who was involved or what games were played so I need everyone, yes everyone to give me their list of games and cabin # again plz...2 - I'll need to create a new thread so that I can be the first post making accessing updates as easy as possible for everyone...it will be called "camp platapalooza" so keeps a heads up for it plz...3 - I'd ask that everyone be a little patient as it could take me as much as a week to get all the data up and running again...4 - there will be no badges awarded...just a fun place to participate in a themed event...5 - updates will be on a weekly basis...meaning more suspense...6 - before I take this on fully, I would appreciate a few nods that others would like to see the event continue...thanks...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

Just now, Toogie53 said:

Hi all. I'm sorry about this. I didn't delete the old thread, I did lock it after I disagreed with being flagged for spamming on my new account. I dont know why but it seems the mods have always been more heavy handed with me than others. I'm not the first or last that have responded to a bunch of posts like post your latest trophy, or what are you working on, trying to get to 25 to participate in the community forum.

I was planning to send everyone who participated the badges, but with the thread gone I don't have a good record. Send me a PM if you want one and I will make it and send it your way. 

That sucks and sorry. I don't care for the badge was just doing it for the fun

10 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

Would it be more of them based or just post plats? I'm more interested in events like this then pick a bunch of randoms and go

ideally it would be the exact same event revived...i'll need everyone's help and cooperation to get it going again though...the new thread is here if interested...

Edited by ProfBambam55

3 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Hi all. I'm sorry about this. I didn't delete the old thread, I did lock it after I disagreed with being flagged for spamming on my new account. I dont know why but it seems the mods have always been more heavy handed with me than others. I'm not the first or last that have responded to a bunch of posts like post your latest trophy, or what are you working on, trying to get to 25 to participate in the community forum.

I was planning to send everyone who participated the badges, but with the thread gone I don't have a good record. Send me a PM if you want one and I will make it and send it your way. 

That's a shame. Thanks for hosting the event it was a blast. 

For full disclosure, I necroed one really old thread to be funny but thats not what was referenced when they got on my case. I'm sure I can find plenty of examples of people posted more frequently than I was. It was just late at night so my name was all over the front page.

3 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

So does that mean you're retiring Toogie? Or is it just Summercamp that's been shut down?

I honestly havent decided yet. I enjoyed running events and I like you guys that participate. However, I dont like being hassled over dumb stuff. I'm not an abusive community member and I feel like they should just looked the other way when the problem was caused by their own rules in the first place amd obviously a one-time thing. 

And thats if I even believe the claim was valid in the first place, which I don't.

50 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

It's missing recent updates, but the archive has all users' info from fridayish in the first two posts: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:pqwLHGOos5kJ:https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/60979-camp-wannalottaplat/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

brilliant...thanks a bunch for this...i can set up the new thread tonight...just need everyone vote whether or not they'd like to see the event continue...

Edited by ProfBambam55

10 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

brilliant...i can set up the new thread tonight...just need everyone to list their games and whether or not they'd like to see the event continue...

I personally do want the event to continue, especially since I am still locked in at Cabin #2.

Games:

AC Origins

Lego Jurassic World (bonus game)

Heavy Rain

Detroit: Become Human

Prey

Beyond Two Souls

Battleship

MLB The Show 18

Edited by ShogunCroCop

9 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

It's missing recent updates, but the archive has all users' info from fridayish in the first two posts: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:pqwLHGOos5kJ:https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/60979-camp-wannalottaplat/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Thanks, I'll use this for fulfilling the badges for everyone. I'm not opposed to @ProfBambam55 taking over things if you guys want to move forward without me. 

Edited by Toogie53