Camp Platapalooza (Game Over)

I thought this was a great event and would like to continue along with it, though I doubt I will get much further in my list after I finish Darksiders II. Whoot Cabin 7

1. Make Friends S8396eb.png - 0%
  2. Hang out at the Lake S896c74.png - 11%
  3. Play a Sport S0e99ec.png - 52%
  4. Go Hiking S1ac4a6.png - 100% 40-platinum.png
  5. Shoot Something Sc2d69f.png - 4%
  6. Make Something S5be6a1.png - 0%
  7. Learn Something Sb84bd4.png - 0%
  8. Put on a Show Sfce5a1.png - 0%
  9. Tell a Ghost Story Se3f6ed.png - 100% 40-platinum.png
  10. Get Tested - S414f9d.png - 5%
  11. Be a Hermit S7e981a.png - 100% 40-platinum.png
  12. Survive Sf8ba9e.png - 0%
  13. Summer VacationS86c9da.png - 16%
  14. Go on a Scavenger Hunt -
  15. Chill by the Campfire -
Edited by BlazzingWind
  • Like 1

I also voted yes on the poll, and also gave my list of games, but to be honest, I wasn't going to do much after AC Origins anyway. And since I am going at my own pace on it, I change my mind. I am dropping out.

But if any of you are interested in a passive event, feel free to visit this thread:

We are always looking for new people, and the rivalry matchups are more passive and for fun than anything. It is just a little ditty to see how we all stack up to each other in the trophyverse.

• Like 1

Hate leaving things incomplete....

@ProfBambam55, here are updates to accommodate the new categories:

Shift Adventure Time to Campfire category (one of the places you visit is the Fire Kingdom... lots of fire there), replace Hermit with Syberia (lots of puzzles to solve and you meet a couple hermits), and Scavenger Hunt will go to Claire (Vita version-- has trophies for collecting items, collecting all notes, and collecting butterflies).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Thinking it over, I think I'm going to bow out as well.  What happened leaves a sour taste in my mouth and I think both sides of that were in the wrong.

I'll finish my last game, because I planned on finishing it this week, but really don't want to be a part of this anymore.

I am not entirely sure what happened either, but I feel this has lost all of its momentum

I'm still in it to win, 'real' prize or no. I'm glad to see that some behind the scenes stuff hasn't been the end to a really fun event! I'll repost my picks since I had changed some things, but I don't think they got seen before the other thread shut down and especially since there are new categories!

S938c8c.png World of Final Fantasy (Make Friends) 10%

S7e981a.png Rime (Hang out at the Lake) :platinum:

Sc0591c.png Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Go Hiking) :platinum:

S9e7183.png Borderlands (Shoot Something) :platinum:

S8958f3.pngElder Scrolls: Skyrim (Make Something) 39%

S19263a.png Brutal Legend (Put on a Show) 73%

S6bb3db.png Detroit: Become Human (Get Tested) 82%

S8a15af.png A Hat in Time (Go on a Scavenger Hunt) 58%

• Like 1

Idk what happened ?! I've been having internet issues at home so I haven't been around (neither update my psn profile) for a while, I would like to re-enter but I can not add more games to my list until the internet issues at my home had been resolved, hopefully it will be very soon ^_^

• Like 1

1. Make Friends - One Piece: Unlimited World Red 0%
  2. Hang out at the Lake - Duck Dynasty :platinum:
  3. Play a Sport - Kung Fu Panda: Slowdown of Legendary Legends :platinum:
  4. Go Hiking - Assassin's Creed Rogue :platinum:
  5. Shoot Something - Horizon Zero Dawn 23%
  6. Make Something - LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens :platinum:
  7. Learn Something - Steins;Gate :platinum:
  8. Put on a Show - Persona 4: Dancing All Night :platinum:
  9. Tell a Ghost Story - Get Even :platinum:
  10. Get Tested - Bound :platinum:
  11. Be a Hermit - The Talos Principle :platinum:
  12. Survive - Fallout Shelter 23%
  13. Summer Vacation - The Last of Us Remastered :platinum:

@ProfBambam55 Not sure how to add the image links, but this is what I had. Don't know if I'll be doing the new categories or not, since finishing those last 3 in time might not even be doable. But I might think up a couple if I finish those in time. 

• Like 1

I'm out... Technically, since the beginning of June (start of Wannalottaplat), I've started to put a lot of effort on Pokémon games (I intend to have all physical copies of canonical Pokémon games - Gen. V onwards - with "100% completion" on every one of them) - actually, I do not have any hurriness to complete this task, but I'm well motivated on doing it since then, and because of that, I can say that I neglected Wannalottaplat... (I'm already struggling myself to achieve Platinum Grades on Monthly Madness... ?)

Anyway, due to my "Pokémon addiction", I will keep myself away from PSNP events for a while (however, I will continue on "Monthly Madness" and "Let's Play Mugen Souls").

Best regards.

I've done some quick editing of the op to give an idea of things to come...i'll eventually drop everyone's lists into spoilers to simplify how they look...if I've missed anyone so far, plz don't fret...i'll be double checking everything again within the next week and I'm sure we will see many changes by the 24th...

that being said, I haven't acknowledged much of the posts here but I can assure you that I'm reading them but also trying to make organizing stuff a priority as my free time is pretty limited...my non-responses are not intended as any kind of disrespect...just pretend I answered something humorous and clever, that few people actually understood, to all that has been written...cheers...

@SyIariscould you post your categories for your incomplete games as well plz if you have any?...thx...

5 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Whoot Cabin 7...

and i think you meant "Whoot Gidi'tikadii"... 

It's a little disheartening to see an event where there was nothing really at stake other than some friendly competition get disrupted like that, especially considering how enthusiastic everyone seemed to be about it. I'm not here to judge though, everyone has their reasons, but I would like to continue on since I've really enjoyed it so far and I really appreciate the effort that @ProfBambam55 is giving to try and keep a good thing alive. I've had fun with it and will continue to have fun going forward so the best of luck to everyone who is sticking around!

Here is my list with the new games added:

1. Make Friends - Tales from the Borderlands - :platinum:
  2. Hang out at the Lake - Ratchet and Clank - 0%
  3. Play a Sport - MLB the Show 18 - :platinum:
  4. Go Hiking - Valkyria Chronicles - :platinum:
  5. Shoot Something - Shadow of War - 0%
  6. Make Something - Pic-a-Pix (vita) - :platinum:
  7. Learn Something - Mulaka - :platinum:
  8. Put on a Show - Fe - :platinum:
  9. Tell a Ghost Story - Until Dawn - 0%
  10. Get Tested - Wolfenstein: The New Order - 37%
  11. Be a Hermit - Space Hulk - 91%
  12. Survive - The Banner Saga - :platinum:
  13. Summer Vacation - The Dwarves (new addition)- 0%
  14. Go on a Scavenger Hunt - Super Meat Boy (new addition) - 76%
  15. Chill by the Campfire - Dark Souls Remastered (moved category) - 0%

Good luck all! (But mostly to cabin Gidi'tikadii!)

Edited by Br1ste
  • Like 1

Due to the drama and confusion caused by all of this -- and the fact that I see two new categories have been added -- I'd like to ask that we extend this event until 11:59 PM EST on August 31. That should give everybody enough time to adjust to the changes, and it'll help those of us trying to complete every category.

Also, I've updated the formatting for my list. I'll think of something for the new categories later...

1. Make Friends - image.png- 30%
  2. Hang out at the Lake - S5b04a1.png - ?
  3. Play a Sport - S61a5c1.png - 0%
  4. Go Hiking - Sc850d1.png - 0%
  5. Shoot Something - Se86fbc.png - default_platinum.png
  6. Make Something - S76ec4b.png - default_platinum.png
  7. Learn Something - S7f9235.png - default_platinum.png
  8. Put on a Show - Sb56d50.png - 0%
  9. Tell a Ghost Story - S37f064.png - 0%
  10. Get Tested - S1052f4.png - default_platinum.png
  11. Be a Hermit - S40b61b.png - ?
  12. Survive - S59c83d.png - default_platinum.png
  13. Summer Vacation - S796176.png - default_platinum.png
  14. Go on a Scavenger Hunt - N/A
  15. Chill by the Campfire - N/A
  • Like 2

Two quick things.

my ghost story still shows Dishonored and I switched to Claire before the reboot. That one is done also.

my picks for the new categories

Scavenger Hunt: Cat Quest. I started playing it this weekend and I’m currently looking for all 66 piece of equipment.

Chill by the Campfire: Persona 4 Golden. This is the game I have had saved as my 100th platinum and I wanted to finish it before september for what was gonna be Toogie’s Halloween event. Well I’m at 94 platinums. Cat Quest would get me to 95 and I can bang out 4 other games this month so that August is Persona crunch time. It also fits the theme with multiple firey weapons, fire using Persona, and a camping sequence. Number 100 here we come.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

I've had some requests to unhide the old thread so people can screenshot some things. I've unhidden it for now, so if you're one of those people then now is your chance to get some screenshots. I'll leave it unhidden for a day or so to give people ample time to get what they need. 

Parker

• Like 2

Cabin 8 Hopi:
Well
, after a really good and happy month away from home, I'm sadly back ?. I was for the first time at USA for the 4th of July, and was very cool, got to spend it with my bf, and they had an airshow and alot of fireworks :dance:.  So, I want to start switching Tekken 6 for Playstation Move Heroes :platinum:, which it was a fun game, and thanks to @HailHale81 for the coop help and for the recommendation to play Virtue's Last Reward :platinum:, I really enjoyed it, good story (dialogues shouldnt be skipped lol); and thats not it, I also just finished Infamous :platinum:, damn last boss on hard, took me almost an hour to beat. Guess now I have more time to finish the games I have left, let's go Cabin #8 Hopi!!1! 

So that was my last update at Camp Wannalottaplat
, here is my list:
Make friends - Eyepet & Friends 
Hang out at the Lake - Trine 3 
Play a Sport - Playstation Move Heroes 
Go Hiking - Rayman Legends 
Shoot Something - Infamous 
Make Something - Ni No Kuni 
Learn Something - National Geographic Challenge 

Put on a Show - Deformers
Tell a Ghost Story - Inside
Get Tested - Grand Theft Auto V 
Be a Hermit - Virtue's Last Reward
Survive - Alien Isolation
Summer Vacation - Bears Cant Drift

Go on a Scavenger Hunt - Farcry 4
Chill by the Campfire - Bloodborne

Edited by Mapa
  • Like 2

a quick update : I spent the last five hours updating lists...if yours is in a spoiler and has a progress stat beside your tag, then you are up-to-date...the exception is @DoctorDrPepper, I have not added your 2 new games yet...

It's a pain in the bag to categorize everyone as I have to go through the old thread looking at just about every post by each person...not complaining, rather just explaining why this initial update will seem rather slow...hopefully y'all like the new look and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things again next week...

oh, and I finished off sniper : ghost warrior...decent game with a typical sniper game bad story but great gameplay...definitely fits go hiking and particularly the ps3 exclusive missions...i was going to start wolfenstein 2 next but given the new responsibility here taking up much of my gaming time, gonna start on the ac trilogy instead...

side note : I've also tried to make a format that will be more pleasing for cell users both physically and emotionally...not sure if the spoilers will help with loading less data but it keeps the categories nice and clean...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

Sure, I'll continue. Here's what I have so far:

1. Make Friends - Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online
  2. Hang out at the Lake - Cat Quest
  3. Play a Sport -
  4. Go Hiking - Adventures of Mana
  5. Shoot Something -
  6. Make Something -
  7. Learn Something -
  8. Put on a Show -
  9. Tell a Ghost Story - Criminal Girls Invite Only
  10. Get Tested - Entwined
  11. Be a Hermit -
  12. Survive - God Eater 2 Rage Burst
  13. Summer Vacation - Demon Gaze II
  14. Go on a Scavenger Hunt -
  15. Chill by the Campfire -

These are missing in the OP:

S3799a9.png Scc35e7.png

42%                  :platinum:

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 1:11 AM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Do people wanna see events like this happen in the future with someone else running them? I really liked these events and I’d hate to see it end here when it just started to really  get big.

Well I had talked to Toogie about running an event for Back to School. We were bouncing ideas off each other and I thought we had come up with a pretty cool ( a too cool for school) idea for September :)

So I could host that one (although I am not a fan of updating tons of stuff so I will probably keep the numbers restricted).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Sure, I'll continue. Here's what I have so far... 

sounds good...i'll be updating everyone who has posted in this thread in order of appearance then hit up everyone who has voted "yes" (aside from those who expressed wanting to withdraw) next...the cutoff is the 23rd so expect a clean list and updates on the 24th...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Here's my list with the new categories (11/15 games platted) - moved Monster Hunter: World from Go Hiking to Chill by the Campfire:

1. Make Friends - Sb105e6.png - :platinum:
  2. Hang out at the Lake - S135bd9.png - :platinum:
  3. Play a Sport - Sf088ec.png - 55%
  4. Go Hiking - S05a26b.png  - 5%
  5. Shoot Something S3f9573.png - :platinum:
  6. Make Something - S894b49.png - 0%
  7. Learn Something - S81e2a5.png - :platinum:
  8. Put on a Show - S9f343c.png - :platinum:
  9. Tell a Ghost Story - S229268.png - :platinum:
  10. Get Tested - Sb73233.png - :platinum:
  11. Be a Hermit - Sc9b483.png - :platinum:
  12. Survive - S5f742a.png - :platinum:
  13. Summer Vacation - S506da9.png - :platinum:
  14. Go on a Scavenger Hunt - Sca4318.png - 0%
  15. Chill by the Campfire - S875fd0.png - :platinum:

Do you need any help putting everyone into categories? I can help go through the thread if you want?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

sounds good...i'll be updating everyone who has posted in this thread in order of appearance then hit up everyone who has voted "yes" (aside from those who expressed wanting to withdraw) next...the cutoff is the 23rd so expect a clean list and updates on the 24th...

Sure thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Do you need any help putting everyone into categories? I can help go through the thread if you want?

really appreciate the offer but I should be ok...there's a philosophy in business that when you have to delegate a new responsibility to your employees, give it to the busiest person in your company...likely they are masters at multi-tasking and time management so you can expect to have it handled properly...haha...i'll keep you in mind if I feel overwhelmed though, thanks... 

• Like 2