Camp Platapalooza (Game Over)

I am loving the new Cabin names. I think I am exactly where I belong, " Eyak "-  An extinct language, most of what I write is redundant anyway. 

On 7/17/2018 at 6:29 AM, ProfBambam55 said:
  • Go on a Scavenger Hunt - one word...collectibles...lots or little...any game that has them qualifies...
  • Chill by the Campfire - what would camp be without epic bonfires?...this is a broad category where anything you can think of doing by a campfire fits...fire of any type within a game also works...these could include anything from socializing, eating, singing, dancing, getting intoxicated, etc. all the way to fiery weapons, characters, levels, etc... 

My games list looks fine still so happy to just go with that. For the two new categories could I add :

Go on a Scavenger Hunt -   Along Together (PSVR)

Chill by the Campfire - The Path of Motus 

Both beautiful games, would highly recommend.

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 2

I just remembered that I forgot to mention that % totals will appear different so I apologize if this offends anyone...i will be doing 100% totals for all games...what this means is that it would be possible to have a platinum but be at 53%, for example, if a game has a lot of unearned dlc...it just makes updating much easier for me as I use everyone's psnp main profile page for this data and it saves me from checking if a game has dlc or not and if so, what % the platinum is...i will mark a game completed once the platinum has been earned regardless of %...for those doing dlc only, that's also fine and will also be marked completed once the dlc(s) in question is complete...some people may notice a drop in their list's %s...this is the reason why...and no need to worry...the goal of the event is just to have fun playing whatever we all want to play, not turn everyone into 100% completists...again, it's just to make updating a tad simpler on my end so please don't fret too much about it...

side note : just finishing up work now...i'll put in a couple more hours updating after my kids are in bed...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

@ProfBambam55 Thank you for keeping this event going, I'd like to continue with an altered list if that's ok.

1. Make Friends Sf7e6f6.png - 36%
  2. Hang out at the LakeS6dca20.png - 29%
  3. Play a Sport Sa660c4.png - :platinum:
  4. Go Hiking Sc1510a.png - 26%
  5. Shoot Something S87e6a8.png - 21%
  6. Make Something Sdca299.png - :platinum:
  7. Learn Something Se5f7b6.png - 34%
  8. Put on a Show Sa2c683.png - 0%
  9. Tell a Ghost Story S0f0efa.png - 0%
  10. Get Tested S38044f.png - 43%
  11. Be a HermitS4cfc1c.png - 60%
  12. SurviveScfbc7c.png - 32%
  13. Summer Vacation S35f959.png - :platinum:
  14. Go on a Scavenger Hunt Sd16231.png - 38%
  15. Chill by the Campfire S347a5b.png - 44%
  • Like 1

I don´t think, that I can help organize the Events but I´m gladly participate :ninja:

Since the Event was Extended to the 31th of August and my 100th Platin comes closer, I want to add to the new categories some games. WIth this I can finally Play Persona 5 again as Milestone ;):

Go on a Scavenger Hunt - L226509.png - 47%

Chill by the Campfire -  L2e514a.png -70%

Borderlands fits to the collectable category for me because you Need to collect a lot of weapons and other stuff for the ingame challenges for a higher bad ass rank and for the trophy to do all challenges.

Edited by Inuty
  • Like 1

@Cassylvania consider Dark Souls for Campfire Category. I think it's perfect for the purpose :) It's too tough for me but you were going for it anyway...

I see for LBP2 only the :platinum: but better put ? instead of it as i completed the Muppets DLC for Put on a Show but needed to earn the :platinum: during this event too @ProfBambam55

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

Just noticed the new categories. Dark Souls would fit perfectly for the Chill by the Campfire category... too bad I already platted the first 2. Might get the third one though. @ProfBambam55 if you want to add another category, one that comes to mind is summer romance.

11 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

@Dragon-Archon I'm glad to see I'm not the only one from Cabin #4 sticking around. :highfive:

Same here :highfive: . Let's make the former members of cabin S.W.A.G. proud.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Just noticed the new categories. Dark Souls would fit perfectly for the Chill by the Campfire category... too bad I already platted the first 2. Might get the third one though. @ProfBambam55 if you want to add another category, one that comes to mind is summer romance.

i think i'll stop at 15 since i'm worried we'll start stretching the event out till christmas but i like the category idea...i also have a certain prejudice towards the number 5 being awesomest...

i've put in another 5 hours or so of updating now and things are looking fine in terms of having stats up-to-date this week...the only thing i noticed so far was @Kittet3...you have two versions of flower in your updated list...i wasn't sure if it was a mistake or not...i did notice you have 2 versions of flower in your trophy profile...could you have a look at your new list here and confirm whether i've done it correctly or not please?...thanks...

not much else to add other than to ask everyone to continue being patient as i work on sorting out and editing in all the new details...gonna grab a quick nap and head off to work meaning no more updates till i get home tonight...thanks...cheers...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

i've put in another 5 hours or so of updating now and things are looking fine in terms of having stats up-to-date this week...the only thing i noticed so far was @Kittet3...you have two versions of flower in your updated list...i wasn't sure if it was a mistake or not...i did notice you have 2 versions of flower in your trophy profile...could you have a look at your new list here and confirm whether i've done it correctly or not please?...thanks...

That was a mistake- I do not like Flower that much :P I was trying to match my games and categories without finding my original post and I got a bit mixed up. My list in the OP is correct.

Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

@Cassylvania consider Dark Souls for Campfire Category. I think it's perfect for the purpose :) It's too tough for me but you were going for it anyway...

Yeah, it's hard to pass up on that. The other option would be to move Pyre to Campfire, and then pick a different sports game. I don't really want another sports game, but there are some decent ones out there, like Riptide GP. That would be easier than trying to squeeze in another game that's as hard as Dark Souls.

Scavenger Hunt is a bit more open-ended. I suppose just about any game could fit there. But I was thinking that'd be the perfect excuse to play another point-and-click or hidden object game.

The tricky thing is that...oh, hell. I'll just spoil it. I've been working on a drawing for this event, which incorporates every game I've played. Unfortunately, I'm already at the coloring stage, and I don't know where I can put anything else. That's making this decision all the more critical. Plus, this whole drama thing is making me rethink a major part of the picture...

Still, I'm glad I went with this idea instead of drawing everybody in Cabin #2, since our numbers keep dwindling.

• Like 3

Finished Funk of the Titans, which is great cause it was driving me crazy.

Also, can I change out one category for another.  I don't see myself finishing Fallout 4 in time so I wanted to drop my Fallout 4 for Shoot something and replace it with Final Fantasy xv for chilling by the campfire.  I'm at 22% on it. Thank you.

Sorry forgot to put the tag in @ProfBambam55

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I don't want to call anyone out but this event seems like a rip-off of Toogie's event with just two new categories added to pretend it's different. Still, if @Dragon-Archon is part of it, I won't say anything more, since the Dragon is the coolest mod ever. :D1f432.png

This event is continued by Profbambam due to Toogie closing it CJ.

So I banged out Cat Quest for my scavenger hunt. That was a fun little game that got a little grindy in the end but not too bad. The one quest that was literally just an add for the companies other phone game was eyeroll inducing though.

im currently at 98 platinums. Need to get one more then I can start work on Persona 4 Golden and my Hardcore Risette Fan run for platinum #100 and chill by the campfire completing this awesome extended event and finishing my personal goal

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I don't want to call anyone out but this event seems like a rip-off of Toogie's event with just two new categories added to pretend it's different. Still, if @Dragon-Archon is part of it, I won't say anything more, since the Dragon is the coolest mod ever. :D1f432.png

the fine print at end of OP...gotta always read the fine print...and dragon's not a mod but I get what you mean...definitely cool...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

Can i ask some question?

I heard something from old thread and i dont want to talk about it but it seems He is gone for good.  So are you plan to running this kind of event from now onor this is the last one and done? 

Thanks. and shame he seems like a nice guy at least to me when i late submit and he tell me nicely to eagering wait for next event on halloween.

21 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

i am not...i think it's great that you guys want to organize this kind of stuff in the future though...i'm actually not really the type to join events like these...i tend to be super-duper busy and if it wasn't for my family being gone to Japan I likely would've had much more hesitation in reviving this one..

This is your answer at least for  ProfBambam but some others @Caju_94@DoctorDrPepper@Dr_Mayuswere talking about setting up similar events @FielVeredus

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Wait, my former cabin is now called Blackfoot?

I have a smidgen of Blackfoot blood coarsing through my veins. I'd like to reconsider my resignation, and if my cabin will have me back, I'd like to represent the Blackfoot name with honor.

totally cool with me...i'm just glad I decided to go against my original plan of calling the tribe Balls on Fire as I'd hate to imagine what might've transpired otherwise...haha... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

Here's my modified list with changes from the original list:

1. Make Friends - Sf8137b.png 65%
  2. Hang out at the Lake - S359338.png 6%
  3. Play a Sport - S612ed7.png 22%
  4. Go Hiking - S2ab538.png :platinum:  
  5. Shoot Something Sbdf4c8.png 38%
  6. Make Something -  Se51bc8.png 7%
  7. Learn Something S384c63.png :platinum: 
  8. Put on a Show S0ba456.png 0%
  9. Tell a Ghost Story - S9c372a.png 58%