Camp Platapalooza (Game Over)

6 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

working on updates now... @Willreaper41 i can't find your posts outlining which categories some of your games go in...did you pm toogie to update them or am i just blind?...if you could check your updated list and tell me which games go where it would be much appreciated...thanks...

Not really sure, I did but it seems to be gone, I did just start and snuck in before they put on a post limiter. If I remember correctly it went.

Make friends- Oxenfree

Hang out by the lake- Shantae

Shoot something- Gal Gun 2

Put on a show- Sound Shapes

Ghost Story- Yesterday Origins

Tested- Ico

Hermit- Sherlock Holmes

Learn Something- Future Unfolding

Play a sport-Truck Racer

Go Hiking- Typoman

Make Something- Atelier Meruru

Survive- Digimon Hackers Memory

Bonus- Senran Kagura PBS

• Like 2

So, if I have all my shots and get to attend camp, the last update was:

Shoot Something: LA Noire :platinum: 

Get in the water: Koi ?

Make Something: Unfinished Swan ?

Moving forward, I'd like to swap Limbo for Heavy Rain (Survive)

and swap Steamworld Dig 2 for Beyond: 2 Souls (Ghost Story)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

Not really sure, I did but it seems to be gone, I did just start and snuck in before they put on a post limiter. If I remember correctly it went.

Make friends- Oxenfree

Hang out by the lake- Shantae

Shoot something- Gal Gun 2

Put on a show- Sound Shapes

Ghost Story- Yesterday Origins

Tested- Ico

Hermit- Sherlock Holmes

Learn Something- Future Unfolding

Play a sport-Truck Racer

Go Hiking- Typoman

Make Something- Atelier Meruru

Survive- Digimon Hackers Memory

Bonus- Senran Kagura PBS

and am I mistaken that you wanted to swap volume for digimon?...

I feel like my lack of acknowledgment is not helping in encouraging previous participants to join back up...therefore @PermaFoxwelcome back...glad you decided to continue...

moving forward, i hope y'all can understand that the lack of acknowledgment is more just due to focusing on updating everyone with the few hours that I have available to do so daily and not intended as ignoring anyone...if I'm posting before 23:00 est, it usually means I'm on my cell at work...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

Just now, ProfBambam55 said:

I feel like my lack of acknowledgment is not helping in encouraging previous participants to join back up...therefore @PermaFoxwelcome back...glad you decided to continue...

BTW, thanks for picking up this event amid the chaos.  Really appreciate it. ?

• Like 2

Quick little update for Cabin Iroquois! I formatted it like it is on the front page to hopefully make updating it a little easier, since I can't imagine updating everyone's lists is super easy or convenient. I've been thinking about adding more games/categories but considering I have three huge grinds on here (Brutal Legend's grind will be entirely online as well ?) I'm thinking I should just stick to what I got.

Make Friends - S938c8c.png - 10%

Hang out at the Lake - S7e981a.png - default_platinum.png

Go Hiking - Sc0591c.png - default_platinum.png

Shoot Something - S9e7183.png - default_platinum.png

Make Something - S8958f3.png - 31% Slowly but surely making progress on this mammoth of a game. Still enjoying it though!

Put on a Show - S19263a.png - 69%

Get Tested - S6bb3db.png - 86% I'm in the final stretches on this one I just have one partial playthough to do, it's just kind of a grind/pain in the ass. Almost did it on Friday and then someone didn't make the decision I needed them to a messed up the whole run, because I was playing through on no-save mode so as to not undo my first run. Sigh. Seven hours right down the tube. Ah well, there's always next time!

Go on a Scavenger Hunt - S8a15af.png- default_platinum.png

• Like 2

On 7/20/2018 at 4:21 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

I was hoping no one would ask...i thought about this when I first opened up this thread and my instinct was to say "sorry, not accepting new entries" as my only intention was to keep the event alive...i'm gonna stick with that for now...i don't really like the idea of running an event that appears to be exclusive but the reality is the drafting for members was over in june...apologies...i hope you can understand the circumstances and that you'll be just as willing to enter some of the other great events the site has to offer whether ongoing or future ones...

No problem, and I totally understand!  I was offering as I didn't know if you were going to need anyone to help even out the playing field if anyone dropped out.  I look forward to your future events!

• Like 1

Bam,

Many thanks for picking up the torch. You are a noble individual for doing so and you are a valuable member of this community as I've observed a number of your contributions over the years. I have no plans to play GTA, but I have seen your boosting sessions thread which you started solely for the purpose of helping fellow gamers out. Applause to you, good Sir!

I will soldier on with the following games:

Shoot: AC Syndicate 

Sport: Tour de France 2016

Hermit: Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

Survive: This War of Mine: The Little Ones

Lake: Abzu

Summer Vacation: Walden: A Game

I'm dropping Dear Esther from the original camp as I've done enough pointless roaming around in Walden.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

I will soldier on with the following games...

I noticed you had yes voted but thanks for the updated list...

tomorrow is the final day of this limbo we're currently in...will update everyone one last time, remove idle/inactive participants (i.e. those that have not make signs of wanting to continue), and get this show on the road once, and hopefully, for all...cheers to all...looking forward to moving forward...

• Like 4

Cabin Gidi'tikadii update. I spent the last week getting tested and finished with a shiny new plat for Wolfenstein The New Order. It was my first real FPS game since GoldenEye and it was actually much better than I was expecting. Up next is The Dwarves and my Summer Vacation entry.

• Like 2

Update time.  :)

Last person in Iroquois (where was that handy increased forest speed when I was traipsing around looking for convoys?).

Spoiler
  1. Make Friends - S4404ce.png - 100.png
  2. Hang out at the Lake - S655b7b.png - 94%
  3. Play a Sport - S86c9da.png - 11%
  4. Go Hiking - Sf89d5a.png - 0%
  5. Shoot Something - S6a7bed.png:platinum:
  6. Make Something - S9e13dc.png - 0%
  7. Learn Something - S58d403.png - :platinum:
  8. Put on a Show - S8a15af.png - 0%
  9. Tell a Ghost Story - S5fb453.png - :platinum:
  10. Get Tested - S226f1c.png - :platinum:
  11. Be a Hermit - Sa79141.png - 100.png
  12. Survive - S5fb453.png:platinum:
  13. Summer Vacation - Sab6f60.png - 100.png
  14. Go on a Scavenger Hunt - S384c63.png - 0%
  15. Chill by the Campfire - S82baea.png - 47%

Finished Syberia II, Doki-Doki Universe, and Claire. Started Severed (but haven't synced because I'm lazy) and Dungeon Defenders, made a teensy bit of progress in Final Fantasy.

Syberia looked better than its predecessor, but it seemed to be a bit lower quality when it came to animations and movement/targeting. That girl got stuck on something every other screen, I swear...

Carried on with a unique plot, though it felt a little jumbled to me. I wouldn't rank it highly, but it was still a good game - worth checking them out if you're fond of adventure games, especially if you grabbed them when they were in PS+.

Doki was cute. Getting everything done is a little monotonous, but it's still a fun laid-back little game along the lines of Scribblenauts. Probably a great title for a young child that can either read or has some help.

Definitely play on the PS4 if you have the option; the main thing I remember about the PS3 version was how often it completely froze the system - the Vita one is rumored to be worse. Only had it CTD once, easy fix.

Ironically, "Troublemaker" bugged on me and I had to delete/reinstall the game to finally get it to unlock. Even then, Claire was much easier the second (...or third-and-a-halfish) time around and only took about two and a half hours realtime to get everything else. Much improved from the 10+ I spent on the Vita version.

Have to say I liked it a lot better this time around.

Severed was a very bad choice to take along for a car trip. Wound up getting sidetracked and playing Wild Arms instead, but I got a couple trophies. Haven't felt like going back to it yet. :dunno:

I'm loving Dungeon Defenders 2 so far. Playing it with a friend so finishing will be a bit random, but it's a great little co-op tower defense game. Trophy list seems pretty easy too.

I can't seem to really get into FFXV. Not great when it's my big timesink, but it'll probably grow on me once I just sit down and play.

Beat Nightmares from the Deep and got most of the achievements out of the way, but I need to do a full replay at some point to finish it up.

• Like 4

I know everybody looks forward to my Sundae updates, but there hasn't been much of a change since last week. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that you gave me the plat for Riptide, which is super nice of you and all, but I haven't even started playing that yet. I probably copied it wrong, because I'm an idiot.

On to PROUD MODE!

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

@SyIaris did you find any trophy glitches with Syberia 2, I wanted to give it a go but have heard that some trophies can glitch out

I didn't have any trophy problems, but my understanding is that the NA version works fine but the EU version usually (always?) can't unlock the speedrun trophy.

Make Friends - Sfb267f.png  14%

Go Hiking -S8958f3.png 14%

Shoot Something - S6dca20.png:platinum:

Make Something -Sdca299.png ?

Learn Something - S2db11e.png 0%

Be a Hermit - Sbd6a83.png :platinum:

Survive -Sd58cb2.png 0%

Summer Vacation -S7a3aee.png :platinum:

Go on a Scavenger Hunt - S45fc98.png 0%

Chill by the Campfire - S5be54b.png 0%

Alrighty, heres the list @ProfBambam55

I just wanted to make it look nice :)