8. Put on a Show – Flower
  9. Tell a Ghost Story – Claire
  10. Get Tested – Nihilumbra
  11. Be a Hermit – Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
  12. Survive – Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut
  13. Summer Vacation – Lego Chima Laval’s Journey
  14. Go on a Scavenger Hunt – Hue
  15. Chill by the Campfire - Helldivers

It's okay if I just platinum Helldivers and not get the 100% I assume. I do not plan on getting the 100+ research points I need for the last DLC trophy anytime soon :P 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

@ProfBambam55comes up with a few ideas of his(?) own to keep this interesting.

bam is a "he"...haha...

20 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Idk what happened ?! I've been having internet issues at home so I haven't been around (neither update my psn profile) for a while, I would like to re-enter but I can not add more games to my list until the internet issues at my home had been resolved, hopefully it will be very soon ^_^

no worries...I'll update your list and you can just tag me with your changes whenever you get a chance, thanks...

20 hours ago, DamagingRob said:
  1.  sorry, this got messed up...

I'll add the images for you when I update your list...thanks for your patience... 

16 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I'd like to ask that we extend this event until 11:59 PM EST on August 31. That should give everybody enough time to adjust to the changes, and it'll help those of us trying to complete every category.

ok...good idea...i'll extend it to the 31st...

2 hours ago, Jens said:

Could you please remove the "..." from the title? That just gives a depressing vibe dood :D

On another note, does Hob have any collectibles or campfires? :eyebrow:

E: Oh I forgot one thing. I want to be excluded from all draws at the end of the event if its not too much for you to keep in mind. Which will probaby be the big round in my case, because Cass is a madgal and I won't be ahead of her 100% :P 

the ellipsis will be removed with great reluctance...haha...at work...on my cell and it takes like an hour to load the op data...will do it when I get home...

no idea about hob...sorry...

i'll make your name and anyone else who would like to be excluded from the draws in black font in the cabin lists to make things easy to remember...

side note : i'll watch out for cass...

21 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

...if we are still going with this.

oh, we're still going with this...soon... haha...

I think you sir(!) (^^) @ProfBambam55 chose a good formatting for our list. I took a peek at my name from my phone and it's good that all games are in a vertical line :)

Oh and pls set LittleBigPlanet 2 to finished ? as i got the last trophy last night :yay:. That's 11 of 15 for me.

And then add :platinum:Nightmares from the Deep 2 for Scavenger Hunt (the game has 3 different collectibles and each has its own trophy :) ). That's 12 of 15 :D

For the last category i want Skyrim (PS4) which is at ~ 75% trophy progression but not yet on my profile. I'll show that game when closer to the plat. And save it for my 200th Plat :)

About Nightmares from the Deep 2: at first i thought it is better than the predecessor because the story telling/cutscenes are partially in engine quality. But at the end i did enjoy "A Cursed Heart" more than "The Siren's Call".... But both a good games so now i want Nightmares from the Deep 3 because they tell a story :)

And about Skyrim: i freaking love it :D  A huge but filled world. Just the last hour i ran around as a werewolf and killed any Bandit/Forsworn/Animal i could and yet i met an adventurer, an imperial soldier and a hagraven who talked to me normally :jaymon: ... Even after hundreds of hours and multiple playthroughs i still know so little of this world :(  haven't even touched Dawnstar and Dragonbarn so far :P ... last problem to get the :platinum: is finding 6 more Skill Books :( and then finish the main quest (currently go to the Grey Beards :D )

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

Well, after thinking about everything that has transpired over these few days, I've decided to stick around and at least to attempt to finish the job. Ran out of PS3 games to fit into categories and ended up throwing in a couple of PS4 titles (since the event is going to be extended to 31st, hopefully).

1. Make Friends - Trine
2. Hang out at the Lake - Cat Quest
3. Play a Sport - Sports Champions 2
4. Go Hiking - New Little King's Story
5. Shoot Something - Jak II
6. Make Something - LittleBigPlanet
7. Learn Something - Valiant Hearts: The Great War
8. Put on a Show - Puppeteer
9. Tell a Ghost Story - Murdered: Soul Suspect
10. Get Tested - Prototype
11. Be a Hermit - Teslagrad
12. Survive - Prey
13. Summer Vacation - RiME
14. Go on a Scavenger Hunt - Saints Row: The Third
15. Chill by the Campfire - Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well I had talked to Toogie about running an event for Back to School. We were bouncing ideas off each other and I thought we had come up with a pretty cool ( a too cool for school) idea for September :)

So I could host that one (although I am not a fan of updating tons of stuff so I will probably keep the numbers restricted).

If you want to do this I would volunteer to help update with you so that we can get anyone who wants to play into the game.

Also I would love to co-run the Halloween one with someone. The idea of the phobia categories seems really open for creative picks.

• Like 2

What a mess. I can see both sides, though, and it's nice to have a better idea of what happened...

I'll jump back in with an altered list. May not look like much, but it'll still require an average of five hours a day through the end of the event to get done.  :dunno:

Thanks for taking up the job, Bambam. Let me know if there's something I can help with.

Copy/paste:

Spoiler

Make Friends - S4404ce.png - 100%

Hang out at the Lake - S655b7b.png - 59%

Play a Sport - S86c9da.png - 21%

Go Hiking - Sf89d5a.png - 0%

Shoot Something - S6a7bed.png - 100% :platinum:

Make Something - S9e13dc.png - 0%

Learn Something - S58d403.png - 100% :platinum:

Put on a Show - S8a15af.png - 0%

Tell a Ghost Story - S5fb453.png - 0%

Get Tested - S226f1c.png - 100% :platinum:

Be a Hermit - Sa79141.png - 0%

Survive - S5fb453.png - 100% :platinum:

Summer Vacation - Sab6f60.png - 0%

Go on a Scavenger Hunt - S384c63.png - 0%

Chill by the Campfire - S82baea.png - 0%

Reasoning:

Spoiler

Make Friends - Syberia: used to be in "be a hermit" for the puzzles, but you make a couple friends as you progress.
Hang out at the Lake - Nightmares from the Deep 3: the whole series heavily features water. Don't mind the percentage - I messed up, had to restart, and just... haven't.
Play a Sport - Final Fantasy XV: was suggested for this category in the old thread, presumably for the fishing? No bonus now, so it goes to the hard-to-fill option.
Go Hiking - Severed: staying where it was.
Shoot Something - PvZ Garden Warfare 2: staying where it was.

Make Something - Dragon Quest Builders: Portal Knights' save file went poof, and so did the motivation to beat it. This seems like a solid replacement.
Learn Something - Assassin's Creed Origins: staying where it was.
Put on a Show - A Hat in Time: look at that adorable little magician outfit. Seems like she's got some ability that lets her lead parades, too.
Tell a Ghost Story - Claire (PS4): not sure if this one's allowed since it's a duplicate, but it's definitely got dark/creepy themes and monsters. Want to cross it off while I still remember getting through Nightmare.
Get Tested - Assassin's Creed 3: 100% sync had some points that took quite a few attempts.
Be a Hermit - Syberia II: should have puzzles like the former.
Survive - Claire (Vita): staying where it was.
Summer Vacation - Doki-Doki Universe: travel around to a bunch of planets helping people.
Go on a Scavenger Hunt - Assassin's Creed Liberation: because apparently I'm binging this series all of a sudden. Let's go find another set of pointless objects!
Chill by the Campfire - Dungeon Defenders II: there's even a trophy for doing five million points of damage with a flamethrower trap.

For anyone wanting to do the images, it's the same kind of deal as putting your profile banner in your signature. Just need to go to your profile, right-click, and "copy image location"/"copy link location".

[URL=listlinkgoeshere][IMG=imagelinkgoeshere][/URL]

like so:
[URL=https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3071-syberia/SyIaris][IMG=https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/a6851b/S4404ce.png][/URL]

Edited by SyIaris
why does it keep changing my formatting
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

If you want to do this I would volunteer to help update with you so that we can get anyone who wants to play into the game.

Also I would love to co-run the Halloween one with someone. The idea of the phobia categories seems really open for creative picks.

32 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

It has collectibles! And you have to also collect certain things as part of the story iirc? But definitely fits there!

I can help with the admin/updating side of things! I don't think I'd be very good at the actual running of events, but I would love to be an admin lady to help out by doing all the updates and stuff? I'm sad and like data management type stuff... xD And also I like to procrastinate while I'm at work and look busy by typing and clicking away :P

Lol, my job is updating accounts so I do enough of that at work that I don't enjoy doing it on my off time :P

Yeah I like the Phobia idea for Halloween. My idea is a Back to School thing so if you guys want to help out that would be great :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

How about August/September for Back to School and October/November for Phobias? Or is two months an event too long?

Two months ago, I sent some ideas to Toogie for a Back to School event of this genre. Since I have more free time during August and September's weekends I can help manage the next event if necessary.

I also had shared ideas about the phobias event with him and we came to the conclusion that the event could have a lot of potential too.

@ProfBambam55, I don't know if you are thinking about organizing more events of this kind but I can share the ideas I had about the Back to School event (I also can share these ideas with whoever is interested in organizing one, give me a touch if you are).

Edited by Caju_94
English corrections
  • Like 1

I'd be happy to help collaborate and run themed events, it was something that myself (albeit on my old account) and YuriG did in the past with Candy Rain Halloween Event and International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Candy Rain

Pirate Day

International Day of Non Violence

In fact, I was planning on bringing Candy Rain back last year but when the 13 Plats of Halloween got created, I left it off in favor of that event.  There are plenty of quirky days that would be great incorporated into long running themes.

Maybe we could set up a group PM or Discord chat (if any of you have Discord) for anyone interested in collaborating on an event :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'd be happy to help collaborate and run themed events, it was something that myself (albeit on my old account) and YuriG did in the past with Candy Rain Halloween Event and International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Candy Rain

Pirate Day

International Day of Non Violence

In fact, I was planning on bringing Candy Rain back last year but when the 13 Plats of Halloween got created, I left it off in favor of that event.  There are plenty of quirky days that would be great incorporated into long running themes.

Maybe we could set up a group PM or Discord chat (if any of you have Discord) for anyone interested in collaborating on an event :)

Wait, you're Rach? I was wondering what had happened to her! I didn't even know it was you. I didn't recognize you ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Wait, you're Rach? I was wondering what had happened to her! I didn't even know it was you. I didn't recognize you 1f60a.png

Yea I'm Rach ^_^  Been trophy hunting on this account now for just over two years, and been using it on the forums for around a year roughly. 

3 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

@ProfBambam55, I don't know if you are thinking about organizing more events of this kind but I can share the ideas I had about the Back to School event (I also can share these ideas with whoever is interested in organizing one, give me a touch if you are).

i am not...i think it's great that you guys want to organize this kind of stuff in the future though...i'm actually not really the type to join events like these...i tend to be super-duper busy and if it wasn't for my family being gone to Japan I likely would've had much more hesitation in reviving this one...i actually have been running month-long gta iv sessions every six months and have been helping with the game over 8 years now...i plan on keeping up this schedule indefinitely but it's about all the extracurricular gaming activity I can handle as the sessions can be pretty intense...shameless self-promotion : the next one kicks off in September...

i wish you guys all the best with whatever you decide to make happen...i'll probably be silently watching from the sidelines as I use the site frequently on my breaks throughout the day...

back on topic : I'm excited about seeing this one through and am committed to making it as fun and seamless as possible...thanks to all who have joined...couldn't do it without you...haha...cheers... 

22 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I'll add the images for you when I update your list...thanks for your patience... 

Thanks, and no rush. If we're getting an extension though, I think I'll try to complete a couple more games. Blazing through one that would work for one of the new categories, as we speak. Full list:

1. Make Friends - One Piece: Unlimited World Red 0%
  2. Hang out at the Lake - Duck Dynasty :platinum:
  3. Play a Sport - Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends :platinum:
  4. Go Hiking - Assassin's Creed Rogue :platinum:
  5. Shoot Something - Horizon Zero Dawn 23%
  6. Make Something - LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens :platinum:
  7. Learn Something - Steins;Gate :platinum:
  8. Put on a Show - Persona 4: Dancing All Night :platinum:
  9. Tell a Ghost Story - Get Even :platinum:
  10. Get Tested - Bound :platinum:
  11. Be a Hermit - The Talos Principle :platinum:
  12. Survive - Fallout Shelter 23%
  13. Summer Vacation - The Last of Us Remastered :platinum:
  14. Go on a Scavenger Hunt - Unravel 0%
  15. Chill by the Campfire - Strike Vector EX 80%

Strike Vector EX has some very... hot maps. Lol. And when you or an enemy is shot down, the planes burst into flames.

Unravel? It has collectibles is pretty much all I know and why I picked it. 

@Dragon-Archon I'm glad to see I'm not the only one from Cabin #4 sticking around. :highfive:

Edited by DamagingRob

Okay well then i'll say this. I am very interested in running a phobias based Halloween event. Possibly September and October or October and November. I would love a few people to run it with me so we can all have a fun time. I would also want to make sure it didn't step on the toes of a Back to School event which also sounds super fun. So if you want to help me with Halloween or if you're gonna run the Back to School and what to make sure our schedules don't overlap, slide into my DM's so we can work this all out and keep this community positive and working together.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

ok...good idea...i'll extend it to the 31st...

side note : i'll watch out for cass...

Thanks. I'm hoping the extension will give the people who decided to bail on this event time to reconsider. I know some people are upset with Toogie and/or the mods for how this situation was handled (and I'm not picking sides, because honestly this is ridiculous), but quitting now only hurts the community. If this whole thing falls apart because of the actions of one participant, how can we ever expect to run massive events like this again?

As others have said, thank you @ProfBambam55 for keeping this alive.

I don't know how big of a threat I am, but, like @Kristycism, I would rather donate any winnings to charity (preferably Homes for Our Troops or the Animal Welfare Institute). I spend enough on video games.

I'm thinking about sliding Dark Souls into the campfire category, and then tackling something new for Get Tested... But I don't have time for Nioh or The Evil Within. Guess I'll have to resort to my ever growing backlog folder...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Okay well then i'll say this. I am very interested in running a phobias based Halloween event. Possibly September and October or October and November. I would love a few people to run it with me so we can all have a fun time. I would also want to make sure it didn't step on the toes of a Back to School event which also sounds super fun. So if you want to help me with Halloween or if you're gonna run the Back to School and what to make sure our schedules don't overlap, slide into my DM's so we can work this all out and keep this community positive and working together.

Like @Mesopithecus suggested, we could create a group to coordinate these genre of events without colliding with the events dates.

Edited by Caju_94