Camp Platapalooza (Game Over)

Alright. I decided to go for literal definitions of the new categories, by picking a point-and-click game for Scavenger Hunt and plugging Dark Souls into Campfire. That opened up Get Tested, which I'm making a watercraft racing game, since I imagine there's a lot of crazy stunts. Plus, I was kinda disappointed that it got bumped off my original list, since it works so well for both Lake and Sport.

Fortunately, both of these games are short, so they shouldn't interfere with my plans too much.

1. Make Friends - image.png- 46%
  2. Hang out at the Lake - S5b04a1.png - 100.png
  3. Play a Sport - S61a5c1.png - 0%
  4. Go Hiking - Sc850d1.png - 0%
  5. Shoot Something - Se86fbc.png - default_platinum.png
  6. Make Something - S76ec4b.png - default_platinum.png
  7. Learn Something - S7f9235.png - default_platinum.png
  8. Put on a Show - Sb56d50.png - 0%
  9. Tell a Ghost Story - S37f064.png - 0%
  10. Get Tested - S3cf88e.png - default_platinum.png
  11. Be a Hermit - S40b61b.png - 100.png
  12. Survive - S59c83d.png - default_platinum.png
  13. Summer Vacation - S796176.png - default_platinum.png
  14. Go on a Scavenger Hunt - Sefa402.png - 0%
  15. Chill by the Campfire - S1052f4.png - default_platinum.png

CABIN BLACKFOOT RULES!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TiidKloUl said:

Well, hate to crash those hopes... but actually that ship has sailed...1f6a2.png and many witnessed it...  Stick around though, there is a lot of talk in this thread about upcoming events that sound really fun....if I wasn’t a lazy scrub when it comes to gaming, I’d be hopping on board myself. As it is now, this is the one to watch...

What happened really? I didn't get the exact problem??

50 minutes ago, TiidKloUl said:

Sorry, I'm just learning the technology of this site1f643.png But here is a link to the discussion that explains it pretty thoroughly if you've got time on your hands....

There's so many pages to back read before that scenario to know more but well I respect Toogie's decision. I'm also thinking executing my profile maybe it fix the bug on my forum profile by transmitting new data but I think that won't work! 

If Toogie agreed to continue his event with separate thread then I continue my entry",

Edit: I also want to add Dead Space 2 and change one of my 100%/plat but I still don't have the 'Hardcore' gold trophy to get the plat". I'm currently at chapter 13 hardcore mode and no save remaining p.s I don't have the dlc to 100%". 

Edited by ReverzerO
  • Like 1

On 16/07/2018 at 9:29 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

if you'd like to continue particpating all you have to do is let me know this is the case

Glad to see the event is still going on, but I think I'm done for the summer - good luck and have fun, campers.

1 hour ago, ReverzerO said:

Edit: I also want to add Dead Space 2 and change one of my 100%/plat but I still don't have the 'Hardcore' gold trophy to get the plat". I'm currently at chapter 13 hardcore mode and no save remaining p.s I don't have the dlc to 100%". 

If you earn the :platinum: of Dead Space 2 that's fine for this event :)  I think the dlc rules haven't changed so they are needed if 1) a game has no :platinum: 2) you'd have earned the :platinum: before this event 3) if you get the :platinum: at this event but want some dlc stuff to be on the list. For example i wanted LittleBigPlanet 2's Muppet DLC for Put on a Show so i had to get the :platinum: and all other dlc trophies also to obtain ? % trophies

• Like 2

$hit...was going over some numbers last night for a contract and woke up at my pc drooling on my desk...didn't get around to updating but had a pretty good sleep...have been having a weird sleeping pattern (it's always weird but usually a little less weird) this past 10 days or so where I go to bed with my kids at 21:00 and wake up at midnight and get on with my day so was due for a good 6 hour night...which means no updates last night...apologies...will get back to them tonight...

side note : cabin Blackfoot is complete and back up on their feet (albeit a reduced group of elite)...a pun and rhyme in one sentence...yay...trying to make up for the lack of updates here...haha...seriously though, first cabin to have a full group of members committed again...awesome...let's keep that ball rolling (if you read my previous post, you'd know that this was also an attempted pun...ouch)...

Edited by ProfBambam55

@ProfBambam55 

Just a quick clarification question- active participants can still swap out games after the 23rd, correct? (AKA when I give up on Shake Spears! next week because the final boss is awful and I spent 10 diamonds on a silly class change, can I still swap another sports game in?)

Also, I must know, is there a story behind the '...'? :) 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

I decided to leave the camp. I wasnt playing my selected games that much, instead I cant put my Just Dance down. But I had fun. Good luck, campers!

I know the feeling. For everyone who knew about my habits in my old accounts of abandoning events, I have a decent explanation, and it's in this quote: The best-laid plans of mice and man often go awry. I usually started psyched up about getting the event done, and then other non-PS4 games would distract me (like the current trend of A Link to the Past Randomizer) and I'd spend way too much time on it and skip days I should have been playing games. In fact, right now my PS4 is hovering over the Megadimension Neptunia VII entry on the PSN store because it's on sale for $9, but I am very concerned that buying it would be a waste of even that little amount because I'd be too scared to start playing and putting it on my account and never finishing it because I'd find the newest Wizard101 content(they just released new live realm content this summer which really bumped up their graphics on Wizard City and remixed the music) or something else much more fun to waste staying up all night on. :(

If you feel that you are just not in the mood for trophy hunting and prefer to Just Dance!, then go ahead. At least you tried it and that's what is important. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

@ProfBambam55 

Just a quick clarification question- active participants can still swap out games after the 23rd, correct? (AKA when I give up on Shake Spears! next week because the final boss is awful and I spent 10 diamonds on a silly class change, can I still swap another sports game in?)

Also, I must know, is there a story behind the '...'? :) 

yes, swapping is fine till the 31st of August...the 23rd of July is the reshuffle date for participants wanting to continue...my goal is to aim for 5 participants/cabin if possible...members who do not indicate an interest in participating by either submitting a "yes" vote or somehow letting me know will be removed from the event...

i have a short break here so not sure if I can explain the whole ellipsis (...) thing...it started ages ago...

1 - I'm kind of a hyperactive attention deficit disorder type person so my mind is always racing...i feel like typing is so slow and I have a ton of thoughts between sentences often that seem to have no suit to them so using ellipsis made sense...

2 - when I first started using group chat on ps3 I was running fly the co-op help groups (a gta iv trophy) and often had multiple people in the chat...often full as well at 16...i was leading the groups and having ... at the end of each sentence made my posts stand out so a better chance of people noticing I had posted instructions...i still run these types of sessions and the ellipsis still makes sense...

3 - at the same era as above I had been living in Japan for a couple years and was beginning to master the language...for the record, Japanese is super easy to learn...the hard part is that most conversations are predictable and in conversation you rarely need to speak in complete sentences making it somewhat confusing at times...so you kind of need to learn what all of those assumed parts are...i don't know why but the ellipsis was a mental picture that came up in my head a lot as I was working on becoming more fluent...

combine these things and muscle memory and it's actually much harder for me to write "normally" now...i wrote a gta iv guide and I swear it took me longer to edit out all the ellipsis than write the content of the guide...the only time I ever write formally is for business and it forces me to do so very consciously which is a bonus...it really cuts down on the number of typos and banal sentences I make as my full attention goes into typing...I like the feeling of being fully present or immersed in what I'm doing...does that kind of make sense?...back to work... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, PermaFox said:

Good luck to everyone!

I'm confused...

2 hours ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Is it too late to join a cabin needing a cabin mate?

I was hoping no one would ask...i thought about this when I first opened up this thread and my instinct was to say "sorry, not accepting new entries" as my only intention was to keep the event alive...i'm gonna stick with that for now...i don't really like the idea of running an event that appears to be exclusive but the reality is the drafting for members was over in june...apologies...i hope you can understand the circumstances and that you'll be just as willing to enter some of the other great events the site has to offer whether ongoing or future ones...

• Like 1

• Make Friends -              S3c7092.png - 0%
  • Hang out at the Lake - brothers.png - 0%
  • Play a Sport -                S2534db.png - 3%
  • Go Hiking -                     S38651f.png - 0%
  • Shoot Something -        S5a61a4.png - 4%
  • Make Something -         S071be5.png - 0%
  • Learn Something          -Sde05a5.png - default_platinum.png
  • Put on a Show               -S0ba456.png - 64%
  • Tell a Ghost Story -         Sd53564.png - 0%
  • Get Tested -                     S606abf.png - default_platinum.png
  • Be a Hermit -                   S40b61b.png - 19%
  • Survive -                           Se50d48.png - 0%
  • Summer Vacation -          S1724f3.png - 0%
  • Go on a Scavenger Hunt spacer.pngScbe213.png - 64%
  • Chill by the Campfire -     Sf606c3.pngdefault_platinum.png

That Path Of Motus ( quite a lovely if sad game / beautiful soundtrack ) brings me up to the 3 completed plats for the event. I probably have one or two more in me but we shall see. Thanks for keeping the torch alight ProfBam, I imagine it has been more work than expected. 

Goodluck to everyone else and no doubt will run into some of you again before the year it out.

Have fun :)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I'm confused...

Well, after a lot of thought, decided I'd like to finish the event.  So posted with some of my games switched around, and asked to be reinstated to Cabin 1.

But then saw your post about having to rebalance the cabins and such and didn't want to put you under any pressure, so deleted my post :awesome:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PermaFox said:

Well, after a lot of thought, decided I'd like to finish the event.  So posted with some of my games switched around, and asked to be reinstated to Cabin 1.

But then saw your post about having to rebalance the cabins and such and didn't want to put you under any pressure, so deleted my post :awesome:

if you'd like to finish the event, great...don't worry about my end of things...if i have to rebalance, so be it...if anything i would just combine cabins but keep them separate...so for example, it would be like cabin apalachee-blackfoot or whatever...nothing complicated and not much difference in organization...i may just keep them the same...no idea...we'll find out on the 23rd...for now my focus is just on updating the people who are interested in continuing on with the event...the more the merrier as far as i'm concerned...i know, it's a weird statement considering i just told someone they couldn't join...i guess in my mind the event is ongoing and the sooner we get back to just having fun playing our games, updating lists, and engaging in good 'ol fashioned banter, the better...let's not overthink this too much...it's still just a simple event intended to strengthen our bonds and rivalries...haha...

and @cjshaitanwhy the hell are you posting like the world is about to end?...haha..."i might meet you guys in the afterlife...peace out" type $hit...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

and @cjshaitanwhy the hell are you posting like the world is about to end?...haha..."i might meet you guys in the afterlife...peace out" type $hit...

Lol, It is just very rare I finish any event I start and as the original requirements were three games I am claiming a self victory ?.

I still have hopes for a couple more of the games but a few on that list are just mocking my delusions now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Lol, It is just very rare I finish any event I start and as the original requirements were three games I am claiming a self victory 1f61c.png.

I still have hopes for a couple more of the games but a few on that list are just mocking my delusions now.

haha...fair enough...you categorized 15 games you own...that makes you a winner in my books...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

If you earn the :platinum: of Dead Space 2 that's fine for this event :)  I think the dlc rules haven't changed so they are needed if 1) a game has no :platinum: 2) you'd have earned the :platinum: before this event 3) if you get the :platinum: at this event but want some dlc stuff to be on the list. For example i wanted LittleBigPlanet 2's Muppet DLC for Put on a Show so i had to get the :platinum: and all other dlc trophies also to obtain 1f4af.png % trophies

Thanks bro finally got the platinum",

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/742-dead-space-2/1-the-final-frontier

I'm happy I had the chance to play this game in my ps3", Using the old dead pc was so laaag".

@Pro, if possible I want to continue & replace Twin Robots to Dead Space 2. This game makes me feel a real survivor", although I voted not to continue without thinking.

@Toogie, I hope this is ok & hope you are ok!

14 hours ago, TiidKloUl said:

Alright, so for the abbreviated edition... ha ha... I don’t know why really - but I always happen to be there right at the exact time for ending drama lately. I’ve done it before when the ending thread was deleted and I’ll attempt it again quickly for those that don’t have an extra day on their hands to catch up....and hopefully to put it to bed for good, in favor of the new Camp powwow... (I was the chief at one of those when I was a kid - looong time ago)

• The beloved community event starter @Toogie53 decided to quit his psn profile after a bad headache leading to his kids messing his profile up all to hades
  • Then he began trying to get his posts on his new profile account up to 25 (per new policy since a recent scam) so he could join his old thread with it
  • Unfortunately, it didn’t look like he was feeling any better while doing so, earning him a gentle warning point from a mod to do it in a more forum friendly manner
  • Toogie flips out (maybe he’s getting sicker...one can only speculate) and locks the old thread
  • He apologizes briefly but still declares that he’s had enough ...
  • BamBam and Pebbles (original participants) pick up the load despite busy gaming/life schedules and try to salvage the wreckage for this event 
  • Several other generous souls on this thread are also discussing hope for the future for Toogie’s types of events...
  • From here, the fun continues to branch out for those of you interested.....

And hopefully this is my final last post since I don’t even mean to be posting at all, but I seem to have a strange compulsion to stick up for underdogs who don’t necessarily deserve it anymore than anyone else... I think I’ve learned all I need to though so... alrighty, bye bye then... 

Anyone (including Toogie) feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on anything or missed anything major and hopefully I won’t be here to argue...1f602.png

So you were spying all the time lol joke", thanks for the summary anyway", end of drama",

• Like 1

As much as I would love to continue with this event because I love how unique it is and I enjoy challenges whenever they are presented to me. But despite this, My schedule has been really busy this month and I assume it will be next month too and some of my games were pretty grindy.  I would love for more of these events to be done in the future and I appreciate everybody's hard work in making this event what it is but due to recent events, I will be unable to participate further. Good luck to everyone who is still participating and may the best cabin win. :)

Edited by ObligatedOctopus
  • Like 1

@ReverzerO i know it's not what you requested but didn't want to see you lose a plat so i put dead space 2 in the "get tested" category for you...hope you don't mind...

also, i've finally caught up with all the member updates in the post portion of this thread...i will hit up all the people who i haven't updated that hit "yes" votes starting tomorrow...

side (bam's life story) note : i had a weird night where i decided to get in touch with an old friend...i had burnt the bridge with them over a decade ago for selfish reasons and they had always been a loyal, trustworthy friend who was there whenever i was in a bind and asked them for help...surprisingly i avoided the whole them telling me to "fuck off" thing and will be treating them to pints and trying to rationalize old behaviors with them later this week at some point...i'm actually kind of looking forward to it...more than once in my life i've had friendships that are so damn comfortable because the other person knows me so well...not my life situation or story but me...i have a feeling this will be one of those meetings that ends up being just so damn comfortable...remember kids : it's never too late and you're never too old to do anything you want...haha..."fuck off, bam"...yep...

2nd side note : f**k...i just double posted and didn't even realize it...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1