*waves and grins*

DoctorGameGeek

Hey everyone.  I posted to the Let's Be Friends thread and totally missed this one.  So, helllooooooooooo!

I'm DoctorGameGeek.  Pleasure to meet you.  Thank you for having me.

I'm over the age of 21.  I have been a casual gamer ever since kindergarten.  I still vividly remember my mom hating Super Mario Bros. because she tried jumping over that first gap on level 1, falling in, and saying fuck all this noise, I'm out.  She still makes fun of me; she thinks I'll never grow out of gaming, and she's probably right.  She most recently called Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII "a hussy because she's doing all that jumpin' around."  How rude.  Yes, I'm really a doctor (of the Ph.D. kind); I'm a college professor.  RPGs are my go-to gaming genre.  I'll play my PS3 until the knobs fall off.  I crave platinum trophies; the trophy system has made me more of a completionist than I have ever been. I'd like to make more RPG-oriented friends on here, so add me on PSN (same name).   And when I'm not gaming, I like bourbon, running, cooking, and hanging out with friends.  Anything else you wanna know?  Just ask.

Haven't been here long, but I'm really enjoying this community.    

• Like 2

Hello! :D  

Haha, my mom was actually the total opposite. She played the old Mario and Final Fantasies when she was younger, but now she doesn't like any of the new stuff lol.

I actually haven't really played any Final Fantasy games, but I probably should at some point since I like RPGS as well! 

I'm guessing you like Final Fantasy based on your avatar :P , but what other RPGS do you like? 

• Like 1

Hello =)

nice to meet you to 

lol my mum had no real interest in video games but remember my dad playing Video games when i was younger i remember him playing Sonic 2 and having a hard time in Chemical Plant lol but i was never a fan of Mario games 

as RPGs go i havnt really played a lot i played Pokemon Red Silver Omega Ruby (my favorite Pokemon game) Sun and Ultra Sun ^^

*waves and grins back* :wave:

Hello. It's a pleasure to meet you too.

My fathers were never of the video game kind, in fact, they always hated the thing so I don't have any funny stories to share about them playing :o

I see you're quite the JRPG fan as those are the only games you have under your profile at the moment. That's one of my favorite genres as well. Sadly, I only have a small number of those games as they are pretty much impossible to find where I live. And my completion rates on them is, well, less than spectacular but I DO love the games. It just so happens that I don't always have the time (or patience) to get them to completion before jumping onto something else.

My main console at the moment is also the PS3, so I will probably playing on that one as well until the knobs fall off lol xD

Anyways, welcome to the site. Feel free to make use of all the amazing features it offers and to make some cool friends around here as well. Hope you enjoy your time around here. :)

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 0:56 AM, Jelloycat said:

Hello! :D  

Haha, my mom was actually the total opposite. She played the old Mario and Final Fantasies when she was younger, but now she doesn't like any of the new stuff lol.

I actually haven't really played any Final Fantasy games, but I probably should at some point since I like RPGS as well! 

I'm guessing you like Final Fantasy based on your avatar :P , but what other RPGS do you like? 

Hi @Jelloycat!

Great question.  Aside from the Final Fantasy series, I'm a big fan of the Tales series too.  To be honest, I haven't played too many outside of those two series for the PS3.  But between you and me, I still like the old-school games too.  I loved Secret of Mana.  Secret of Evermore was okay, but Mana was my applesauce.  I also thought Illusion of Gaia was really unique for its time.  Oh, and the Lufia series too especially Lufia 2.  That Ancient Cave was everything!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DoctorGameGeek said:

Hi @Jelloycat!

Great question.  Aside from the Final Fantasy series, I'm a big fan of the Tales series too.  To be honest, I haven't played too many outside of those two series for the PS3.  But between you and me, I still like the old-school games too.  I loved Secret of Mana.  Secret of Evermore was okay, but Mana was my applesauce.  I also thought Illusion of Gaia was really unique for its time.  Oh, and the Lufia series too especially Lufia 2.  That Ancient Cave was everything!

I actually just bought my first Tales game (Tales of Berseria) recently, so I'm looking forward to trying it out when I get some time. :D 

I've been wanting to try out Secret of Mana since it got a remake, but I've been kind of waiting for it to go on sale first. xD I haven't played too many of the old RPGS besides things like Pokemon as a kid. (If that counts.)