Should i give Fallout 4 another chance ?

TexRaider96

Ok i need some input and advice on this.

I have Fallout 4 on the PS4 ( digitally, purchased it when i had my original model PS4) and i remember that i went from liking it to not liking it. i hated some parts of the game, i liked the crafting and modifying the guns in the game, story wise ? i didn't care too much but its alright. thing is it didn't feel like a good Fallout game and somehow i ended up not liking it as much, maybe its the presentation of the game, maybe back then my expectations were too high and it just all fell apart. i did have fun with it if course anyway but then i lost interest and my PS4 then broke.

Now i'm thinking of giving it another try but i'm not sure if i'm gonna go for it and download it again. thats where i wanna ask y'all and give me your thoughts and opinions on it. maybe help me consider it and go and download it so what do you guys think ?

also the DLC in which all of it is out now. how good is the DLC ? am i missing out on it ?

i've been a fan of the series though not a huge fan but i loved Fallout 3 and especially New Vegas but i would like to give it another chance but i'm not sure, sucks to be indecisive at times but i hope from what you guys say about the game and DLC help me in my decision.

I just recently...finally restarted this. I think its worth a retry. I admit though its quite boring. Atm I dont feel anything for anyone. There isnt even much to kill. Everything looks quite dull. But its the apocalypse I guess. Everythings been bombed the living hell out of.  I have all the dlc am looking forward to those as it look like its a little more interesting environment?? But def give it another try. No garm trying.

The Far Harbor DLC is probably my favorite part of the game.  I didn't really care for Nuka World that much and the rest was alright.  Being able to manufacture your own ammo or modify your robotic companions was nice.

If you didn't like the base game there's probably nothing in the DLC that would change your mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kidson2004 said:

Well, my question is should I give it a try? I have the DLC for it but not the main game. Is it worth the play?

If you're a fan of the older (better) games, you might get disappointed by F4...

You're definitely better off playing it's predecessors, hell, even NV is more fun than F4. 

It's a good game, but not a good Fallout. 

At first when it got out I didn't care at all for it.

I watched my ex-gf play it for about 20 hours or so and she got bored of it.

So I decided to give it a try. Keep in mind that I've never played the other ones so I have no idea where it stands with them.

At first I thought the graphics were crap, I didn't liked that much the leveling up system and the slo-mo shooting thing was pissing me off... Kinda of a rough start...

But then I started building things , and wanted to see the differences in the story within the 4 factions ..

And one thing lead to another, I Platted the game in 2 weeks! 

So yeah it might be a good thing to give it another go. That game grew on me.

Edited by dadoudelidou
Grammar

1 hour ago, berto64X said:

I have Fallout 4 on the PS4 ( digitally, purchased it when i had my original model PS4) and i remember that i went from liking it to not liking it. i hated some parts of the game, i liked the crafting and modifying the guns in the game, story wise ? i didn't care too much but its alright. thing is it didn't feel like a good Fallout game and somehow i ended up not liking it as much, maybe its the presentation of the game, maybe back then my expectations were too high and it just all fell apart. i did have fun with it if course anyway but then i lost interest and my PS4 then broke.

Now i'm thinking of giving it another try but i'm not sure if i'm gonna go for it and download it again. thats where i wanna ask y'all and give me your thoughts and opinions on it. maybe help me consider it and go and download it so what do you guys think ?

also the DLC in which all of it is out now. how good is the DLC ? am i missing out on it ?

i've been a fan of the series though not a huge fan but i loved Fallout 3 and especially New Vegas but i would like to give it another chance but i'm not sure, sucks to be indecisive at times but i hope from what you guys say about the game and DLC help me in my decision.

story is bad (it's literally fallout 3's plot but less interesting) and it dosen't feel like an rpg, more like a FPS. The only good DLC is the far harbor DLC because it introduces an actual interesting story as well as cool armor and enemies. The settlement system is bugged AF on the console. I did actually like the crafting system yet hated the fact they took out the repairing system. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

story is bad (it's literally fallout 3's plot but less interesting) and it dosen't feel like an rpg, more like a FPS. The only good DLC is the far harbor DLC because it introduces an actual interesting story as well as cool armor and enemies. The settlement system is bugged AF on the console. I did actually like the crafting system yet hated the fact they took out the repairing system. 

Most of the good story and lore is in the sidequests and points of interests 

6 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Most of the good story and lore is in the sidequests and points of interests 

ya, it's just the main story though, i really don't like. (my main beef with Bethesda is their treatment of Fallout's lore and story),the side quest are good though but Fallout 4 seemed to be lacking in side quest, (though to be fair fallout 3 seemed to have not a lot of side quest too)

3 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

ya, it's just the main story though, i really don't like. (my main beef with Bethesda is their treatment of Fallout's lore and story),the side quest are good though but Fallout 4 seemed to be lacking in side quest, (though to be fair fallout 3 seemed to have not a lot of side quest too)

If you haven't, you should check out oxhorn on YouTube, he goes in depth with the lore of pretty much every location and quest in the fallout series. New Vegas didn't have a good main story either, although old world blues is possibly the greatest dlc ever made

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

If you haven't, you should check out oxhorn on YouTube, he goes in depth with the lore of pretty much every location and quest in the fallout series. New Vegas didn't have a good main story either, although old world blues is possibly the greatest dlc ever made

oh ya i bing watch oxhorn, I do have a habit of missing environmental ques for story for side quest (though I do use him to find the places where he goes. Also JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE, it makes me wish for a nuclear winter, sorry I did like New Vegas (It was a good game for me, plus memes) 

Honestly I played through the game again recently. It's not as RPG as much a shooter, but I enjoyed most of it. I still agree that New Vegas is probably the best Fallout game, but 4 isn't as bad in my opinion as others make it out to be. I have all the DLC and i'm going to tackle that next.

• Like 1

Fallout 4 isn’t as good as New Vegas or Fallout 3. Your choices don’t matter as much. In Skyrim they had the audacity to give NPCs certain working hours and your options weren’t just copy and paste. 

Here it it doesn’t really matter much if you pick one thing or the other because you end up getting the same outcome. Bethesda should have taken notes from CD Projekt Red. They managed to make a massive game where choices do matter and they affect the outcome of how the game is going to play later on. That combined with different abilities to assign points to is what a RPG should be. To play in a world where you, the player, can make your own choices. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, berto64X said:

Yes.

• Like 1

I put in around 90 hours on the PC version and stopped playing for a year or two, then got back into it recently. I think the Elder Scrolls series is better suited to the engine they use for the games, but FO4 isn't bad. It's just... decent.

• Like 1

I actually just recently decided to give it another chance. I think it's been over a year since I quit it and the reason I quit was because I felt that the game was "simplified" and repetitive compared to the previous games. I was constantly criticizing it and comparing it to the other games that I couldn't enjoy what it had to offer. This time around however I've cleared that mindset and have been enjoying it for what it is. I still wouldn't say its a great game, but its still enjoyable .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in the beggining, I really don't liked at all. That was my first fallout, and my friends always tell me how bad is this game. 

Until middle game I don't understand some of the basics, settlements, perks, ...

But when the game gave me the first good weapon, it helped a lot. Don't give up, give it another chance!

Maybe don't have the best graphics or gameplay for some people, but I really enjoyed to play! Plus, you have a cool and easy platinum to get! 

Make sure to watch a guide because of the endings 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, I went and expected a cool gameplay like in Borderlands but everything is so slow, painful and boring that I used a wrench instead of a gun, granted this is my first fallout game but I can't even muster up the strenght to  change that e ranking, let alone the plat, if you like the gameplay then go for it, but if you don't stop.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

They put far too much junk in these games..  If they could cut it down to 50% less junk laying around that would have more people playing.  Make it a bit less junk ridden then I wold go for all the games in the series.  I stopped playing Dragon Age: Inquisition cause every 2 seconds there was a piece of junk I had to collect.  What a pain.  I know its an RPG but come on.  I wont touch Skyrim for that reason.  This will be my last Fallout game cause of all this junk in the environment.   Essentially it junks up your game really.  If youre not into slow RPGs skip this one..  Fallout 3 is and was probably the best Fallout there will ever be.

BTW, the Boy in a Fridge misc quest was too funny!

Edited by Paradigmatica