Should i give Fallout 4 another chance ?

TexRaider96

I started the game again after 2 years. I felt the same when I first started it and decided to give it another try just because I love post-apocalyptic games, and specially because I loved 3 and NV a lot back in the day. So far, it is better than what I remember, maybe due to the patches, because it was unplayable on consoles when it came out. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 8:04 AM, Gommes_ said:

Well, I thought this game was mediocre at best and I still think that way about the main game. The Nuka World DLC however is pretty good. But in general I wouldn't recommend it.

The story about finding your kid is rather stupid. 

Fallout 4 just has a decent variety of things to discover. Fallout 3 & Fallout 3: New Vegas had a superior storyline. I felt both were designed a lot better. But in 4 your choices don’t really matter as much, and Karma just feels like it was pushed to the back burner a bit. 

Then when the scrutiny surrounding Fallout 76 spilled all over social media I very much feel Bethesda is a piece of shit company. Their games are unfinished and buggy messes, their customer service is abysmal, the quality has gone downhill. I don’t mind them being a publisher because other developers make the games. 

• 3 months later...
On 7/16/2018 at 7:29 PM, DARKB1KE said:

Play it for the plat and delete. 

?? Or play it for fun,  if not delete it.

I started playing it again after I was playing it on Xbox and I like it. I went with the Railroad on Xbox. I think I am going to be bad and go with Brotherhood now. ;)

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 4:16 PM, Spaz said:

The story about finding your kid is rather stupid. 

Fallout 4 just has a decent variety of things to discover. Fallout 3 & Fallout 3: New Vegas had a superior storyline. I felt both were designed a lot better. But in 4 your choices don’t really matter as much, and Karma just feels like it was pushed to the back burner a bit. 

Then when the scrutiny surrounding Fallout 76 spilled all over social media I very much feel Bethesda is a piece of shit company. Their games are unfinished and buggy messes, their customer service is abysmal, the quality has gone downhill. I don’t mind them being a publisher because other developers make the games. 

I mean, the main storylines for all 3 of those games are pretty standard.

Find missing dad

Find guy who shot you

Find your kid

Fallout 4 was an incredibly tedious 100% and if your not an evil character be prepared to make a separate save then proceed with Nuka Cola World as you will have to do evil acts to get all the trophies then reload the save. 

The game had few bright spots all mainly side quests. I found it tiresome to manage settlements and getting random radient quests to defend them. And while some of the mods were cool, I pretty much just used the combat shotgun the whole game. I cared for one maybe two characters in the whole game. Sadly I say give it a pass.

Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games this gen. To me, it felt like a non-isometric Fallout should. It was dumbed down a bit on the stats side of things; but the exploration, VAT's, characters, and world really connected with me. I seem to be in the minority though...

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I mean, the main storylines for all 3 of those games are pretty standard.

Find missing dad

Find guy who shot you

Find your kid

Your choices mattered more in 3 and New Vegas. 

Fallout 4 doesn’t feel like a real RPG. It’s more akin to Borderlands in that there’s plenty of loot to find and plenty of customization options. 

I haven’t been able to go back and really feel immersed in this game. Had I not played 3 and New Vegas, my opinions would probably be different. 

31 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Your choices mattered more in 3 and New Vegas. 

Fallout 4 doesn’t feel like a real RPG. It’s more akin to Borderlands in that there’s plenty of loot to find and plenty of customization options. 

I haven’t been able to go back and really feel immersed in this game. Had I not played 3 and New Vegas, my opinions would probably be different. 

Maybe, but fallout 4 easily has the best gunplay, even if I don't like the story very much. Plus it's stable and rarely crashes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I started this game in late 2016, also got season pass around that time.

I re started it in May-June 2017 and played quiet a lot of it but left it aside again.

I started Nuka Cola in Christmas 2018. Left it aside.

Finally, I'm playing it again. Did automatron already. I think I'm gonna finish it, I'll try to get platinum and then I'm gonna do Nuka Cola and Far Harbour, eventually.... wish me luck.

Edited by IamLean

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I couldn’t justify purchasing a PS4 until Fallout 4 came out... I played Fallout 3 and NV for hundreds of hours, I *had* to get this game! Imagine my disappointment. Fallout 4 is just not a good game. And I would have been perfectly happy with “just another Fallout 3 game”, I didn’t need much. But this game... they managed to ‘innovate’ in all the wrong areas. Kept the things that could have been better, gutted the things that were fine. Added a lame story, forgot all about good side quests. What an utterly boring disappointment!

Thinking I must have set my original expectations sky high, I actually went back 5 years later to give it another try. My Fallout days are long gone, I was more ‘neutral’. I played it for a few hours today and I felt... nothing. Absolutely nothing. I just can’t get myself to start it up ever again. Nah. War never changes. But Fallout / Bethesda did. RIP.

Do yourself a favor and just skip this one. If you must, try it on PS Now for free. It is not even worth 10 bucks imho.

• 3 months later...

Not that I find the game bad, but I've already 100%'d it three times, once on PC, once on Xbox, and once on an old account. The same problem with Skyrim but I've plated that like 5-6 times on other accounts.

I never really had much fun with the game so I mainly played while I had a show on Netflix or listen to music, like when I played multiplayer shooters back in the day.

Just follow the roadmap and take note of the magazines and bobbleheads you find and you'll get the plat much faster than just playing it normally.

Note: There is a dupe in the game that will duplicate any item, including the book that will increase one of your SPECIAL. Max out your SPECIAL with the dupe and then go into Survival to lower your SPECIAL, then max it out again. It'll take a while but it will give be a HUGE help throughout the entire playthrough as you can spend all your points on actual perks.