Radio station and babies

djippps

Question 1: To attract potential dwellers for my shelter (currently 30 dwellers, 50 rooms), I installed a radio station and put 2 dwellers with good charisma (Allistair Tellpenny and John Snyder), improved it to level 3 and switched on position emitting to the outside (with waves going to the exterior). But nobody comes. I do not understand what I am missing. Does sb have an explanation?

Question 2: Is it good to improve parameters SPECIAL of the dwellers so that the babies get the parameters of the parents or it is not working like that? (And the babies get stupid parameters in all cases)

Q1 Answer: Higher charisma dwellers inside a radio room decrease the time to 'call' wastelanders. You need to click on the icon that appear in the radio room after enough time has passed and it will have a chance of finding a wastelander. Protip, forget about wastelanders, they suck big time and some of them don't even come at level 1, screwing your endurance if you care about maxing their hp points.

Q2 Answer: In short, parents with 10 in all their S.P.E.C.I.A.L attributes have a low chance of giving birth to a legendary baby, which has 45 points distributed in S.P.E.C.I.A.L (Don't quote on this exact number). Aside that, all babies are born with very low status unless you keep the mother of the upcoming baby with a pet that have bonus for that (I have on my steam account that gives +2 to each stat, there is legendary pet that gives +3).

• Like 1

Q1: If I understand correctly, radio room's level determines your success rate, and the size means more dwellers can be assigned to make the "call" come quicker. Higher charisma dwellers should just mean the quicker they can trigger the call, not the success rate. Any size is fine as you're likely to left those assigned dwellers to rot there due to no EXP, then collect the "call" like twice a day. I never found wastelanders from radio call with level higher than 1 but yeah their initial stats sucks.

Q2: Never had a legendary baby but better parents means better kids is true, just not by much. Like kids from high stats parents in my vault usually came with 3-4 SPECIAL in average instead of 1-2 from low stats parents.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your answers!! ?

Q1. I finally got wastelanders accepting to come in my humble home. (roughly 1 per day now, I was probably unlucky during my first days of radio) 

Q2. I am improving the parameters of some potential parents (male and female both), I will do it till 10 for all parameters. If a legendary baby happens, I will tell here to confirm (it will take some time for sure without micro-transactions lol) and the writer of the guide at the same time.