IO Interactive are giving away the third episode of Hitman

Pudimflam

I was going to post this but you were early by 11 hours mate, I saw it late. But, here's a link to the PS Store NA for everyone out there :) 

Hurry up and grab it peeps :) 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA02976_00-000000SUMMERPACK

Some information: you get the base game and the third episode Marrakesh with all the content that comes with them, that's the campaign, over 120 challenges in the game and 8 escalation contracts, enjoy :)

• Like 1

"Note: Game access lasts for the Summer Pack period, but your saved progress will transfer to the full game, if purchased" 

Does anyone understand what that means? By game access do they mean access to get the pack free, or do they actually mean you play the pack? Iirc, the other episodes were free forever so I'm quite confused.

2 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

"Note: Game access lasts for the Summer Pack period, but your saved progress will transfer to the full game, if purchased" 

Does anyone understand what that means? By game access do they mean access to get the pack free, or do they actually mean you play the pack? Iirc, the other episodes were free forever so I'm quite confused.

Its free forever if you grab it in this period, just like they did before :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

Its free forever if you grab it in this period, just like they did before :) 

Oh good! I hate how PSN is never clear with stuff like that.

At this rate, we'll have the full game in three-ish years.  :) 

8 hours ago, Soufwar said:

I was going to post this but you were early by 11 hours mate, I saw it late. But, here's a link to the PS Store NA for everyone out there :) 

Hurry up and grab it peeps :) 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA02976_00-000000SUMMERPACK

Some information: you get the base game and the third episode Marrakesh with all the content that comes with them, that's the campaign, over 120 challenges in the game and 8 escalation contracts, enjoy :)

dont forget..... 24 trophies!

14 hours ago, Skadoki said:

The episode will be available for download from July 17th - July 30th...at this point I wonder if it's even worth picking up the complete edition :D

i got GOTY Edition for like $10 during a sale. just wait till a price drop happens

16 hours ago, ipot_04 said:

You didn't bother to read the tweet, it said "tomorrow".

Still no option to buy episode 3 on the store. As @Soufwar linked, it turns out it's actually a different product that they're making free which includes episode 3. It wasn't clear to me from the tweet that they were delisting the old product and replacing it with this one.

Don't have any plans to play it, but I like free stuff so added it anyways. :P

So just to be clear, this is episode 3 right? Calling it Summer Pack is a bit confusing for someone who hasn't played the main game.

Edited by TheViper4Life

On 18/07/2018 at 7:06 AM, TheViper4Life said:

So just to be clear, this is episode 3 right? Calling it Summer Pack is a bit confusing for someone who hasn't played the main game.

The name makes as much sense for people who have the game. It's the summer pack because it's summer now. When episode two was free, it was called the spring pack. Or spring cleaning pack even, if I recall correctly.

1 hour ago, Ezio Auditore said:

The name makes as much sense for people who have the game. It's the summer pack because it's summer now. When episode two was free, it was called the spring pack. Or spring cleaning pack even, if I recall correctly.

Yeah it has "spring" in the name lol. Maybe the 4th pack will be called Fall or Winter Pack if they ever decide to skip that season!

Edited by Lance_87

5 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Yeah it has "spring" in the name lol. Maybe the 4th pack will be called Fall or Winter Pack if they ever decide to skip that season!

Yeah probably. Though as someone who paid for the game, if they give out more of the game for free I'd appreciate it if it just went on PS+.

2 hours ago, Fray32- said:

so does this sort of work like a ps+ game download? ie: once the Summer Pack period is over, even if I've already purchased/installed this game it won't be playable anymore? If so, when does the Summer Pack period end, July 30th?

Short answer: No.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i tried looking under Account Management, and apparently Episode 3 had an expiration date, which was yesterday. Paris and Sapienza have no expiration date.

Further searching took me to the Steam forums (i didn't even know it was free for PC, i thoght it was only for consoles ?) where i've discovered that Episode 3 was a TRIAL unlike the first two episodes. In other words, it's permanently gone for everyone, they apparently even mentioned it (where? when?) but we totally missed that part, lol.

Edited by Lance_87