Trophy Thoughts?

Spoat

The ‘Mere Mortal’ trophy makes me think perma death run, but with save back up you can probably cheese were you so inclined. Looks like what could be a challenging list. Super excited for this game. 

Edited by Spoat

I can see how "bash all crates" can be annoying, other than that — a solid metroidvania style trophy list. Actually looks pretty damn decent. A huge plus for me is the exclusion of a speedrun trophy cause I generally die all the time if I'm rushed. 

Actually I think perma-death will be speedrun-strats dependent. There can always be a method to cheese through the game pretty fast so we'll see at the release. But my take — a great and solid trophy list that easily get you excited. 

I just looked at some gameplay and trailers - this game looks pretty good. Challenging, but doable with practice.

Collectibles trophies and bashing all crates might be annoying if you accidentally miss one, depends how well hidden they are and if there are any secret rooms that are hard to find. But I'm sure there'll be a guide at some point which will make these easier.

I guess Mere Mortal means don't lose any lives during a playthrough, which can be cheesed with save backups.

And Hard mode might need a seperate run, rather than try and worry about collectibles and no hits on a boss and no deaths all on a hard run.

All in all looks like a decent trophy list for the style of game. But more importantly the game looks enjoyable - will probably be picking this up, depending on price (August/September have lots of other games I want being released, so budget is an issue right now).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think mere mortal is for normal run and hard is for the permadeath run in short word, platinum in one run if you start on hardcore. I read game have "only" normal and hardcore difficulty. Mere mortal= Normal, Hardcore= hard run. I think this 

Ok game have 5 difficulty easy, normal, hard unlock at the start and nightmare and mortal(permadeath) i think unlock after you finish the game. I start on hard and the game is for now not too much difficult, game is very very awesome. Now one trick for Big Spender trophies:

At the start of the game on mines, when you free the woman who sell items, you have in the wallet at least 500$, exit and return to the village, SAVE the game, go to the woman buy item for 500$ QUIT the game, rinse and repeat for 11 time i got the trophies when the game sign on me 5.500$ spent. Of course you have all of your money but you get the trophies hope help

Edited by Neme-ita

1 hour ago, Killbomb said:

I wonder if "Mortal" difficulty will be Nightmare mode with Permadeath. If so, I doubt I get this Plat...lol.

Why? i hope is set on normal or hard with permadeath you unlock both nightmare and mortal after you finish the game? 

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

It's available from the start on Vita. There's no difficulty select, though.

O__o ah ok strange on PS4 you have only easy, normal and hard from the start, mortal is permadeath?, but the game is set on normal? hard? Thx

Just now, Neme-ita said:

O__o ah ok strange on PS4 you have only easy, normal and hard from the start, mortal is permadeath?, but the game is set on normal? hard? Thx

If you die, the save file is deleted.

It's normal because there's no difficulty option on Vita. But if you were able to change it, you'd probably be able to do mortal mode on any difficulty.

I certainly hope you can set the difficulty for Mortal mode on PS4 but I have a feeling it will be locked to Normal. I'll probably try once and move on if I fail since I refuse to use the cloud save/USB trick for permadeath trophies or any trophies for that matter.

Edited by Killbomb

2 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I certainly hope you can set the difficulty for Mortal mode on PS4 but I have a feeling it will be locked to Normal. I'll probably try once and move on if I fail since I refuse to use the cloud save/USB trick for permadeath trophies or any trophies for that matter.

You can set the difficulty for Mortal mode on PS4. The cloud save/USB trick is not strictly necessary, if you're about to die you can just pause the game and quit to main menu. You do have to pay attention though (I'm playing on Hard so it's pretty easy to tell if the next hit is gonna kill me), because the game autosaves as soon as you die.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangeInStereo said:

You can set the difficulty for Mortal mode on PS4. The cloud save/USB trick is not strictly necessary, if you're about to die you can just pause the game and quit to main menu. You do have to pay attention though (I'm playing on Hard so it's pretty easy to tell if the next hit is gonna kill me), because the game autosaves as soon as you die.

Now i play on hard after i finish the game unlock mortal right? And is possible set easy and mortal? Thx 

5 hours ago, StrangeInStereo said:

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming you can use the same seed on Mortal so you'll know what to expect? Glad I chose to do my first playthrough on Hard because I think my head would explode if I tried Mortal mode on that difficulty.