New trailer! Looks amazing

Gefro-On-Defro

Multiplayer 

• Team up a small team of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travellers. 
  • You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive. 
  • Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players. 
  • Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies. 
  • Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online. 
  • Character customisation allows you to personalise your appearance. 

Visual Overhaul 

• The game is fully playable in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship
  • Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever. 
  • Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life. 
  • Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings. 

Unlimited Base Building 

• Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet. 
  • Dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits. 
  • Hundreds of new base parts. 
  • Own multiple bases. 

Command Freighters 

• Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter. 
  • Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system. 
  • Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship. 
  • Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge.

This game was so plain at launch, I still remember having fun and disappointment at the same time with it, just felt incomplete. 

I really applaud Sean and his team for their ongoing support, they continued to update the game and if felt at least that they cared, as for me, I just got the plat back at launch and left it for good. 

All will possibly change however, I'm willing to give then another chance and do the dlc trophies on this new version of the game. Third person and the improved mechanics really impressed me. 

Edited by Mah2c

Was kind of torn on the game when it first launched, since it just seemed so bland. Played a bit later after the last big update before this one came out, and man, what a year or however long it was makes. He could have just taken our money and ran, but no matter what your opinion on the end product or on the ends or the means, I do give them credit for shutting their mouths and just updating the game steadily over however long its been now.

Don't know if it'll be nearly as cool as that trailer makes it seem, but I do remember booting up the game a year or so later after launch, and everything just seemed improved. Funny thing is, it actually went from being one of the ugliest PS4 games I had played to quite a visual treat (especially after the Pro upgrade), and a screenshot I took of one of the worlds was actually my profile background picture for the longest time.

I know a lot of people would say it sets a bad precedent to just release a game not even close to being finished, but I'm still happy with all the backlash they received from launch that they managed to stick it out. In one way it's bad, but I do admire that they still stayed devoted to giving us a more complete version of the game they initially promised us.

• Like 1

The game looks away better now, even with all the hate it had (for releasing a beta version of the game for 60$, and a lot was told but not found *sweet little lies*) they made it way better with all this updates. But I still laugh everytime after watching this: 

NO MAN'S SKY IS GONNA BE THE BEST GAME EVER! YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT! 3:30

Edited by PhantomBlade19

I wonder if the new update will bring more DLC trophies?

I still need to go back and finish the last set, one of my biggest problems with the game was that it made me incredibly motion sick and gave me headaches.  Curious to try out the third person mode to see if that helps alleviate that in any way.  I still have a bit of a chip on my shoulder with NMS though, it was quite possibly one of my biggest gaming let downs.

Been waiting for this forever!! Cant wait!! Everything about it now sounds exciting!! Sean is actually cool again!! 

You know, as easy as it is to hate Sean Murray and co, and it is very easy, I do have to give them props for (eventually) just shutting the fuck up and making the game what they always said it would be. There were a fair few missteps along the way, but eventually they seemed to get it right.

I platinum'd the unpatched day one disc version and to be honest, I still had quite a lot of fun. I didn't care or even know about the game really, before the controversy and it's what got me to play it. I quite liked it, but then they added buggies and bases and base building and tbh I'm too lazy for it, but I can look at it and respect it as a genuine update and improvement to the main game.

Back when I played it, I would always think it would make for a fantastic Vita title, especially since the Sony exclusivity deal was a thing, but alas it didn't seem like it would ever happen. Now that the game is on Xbox, I could almost actually start holding out hope for a Switch port down the line, to be entirely honest, if the price was right, that would be a day one purchase for me. I got Morphite on the Switch solely to scratch that NMS itch, and it's fun, but it is nowhere near the sheer scale of NMS. 

Anyway, I don't need to buy it again to play it on Xbox, but if they put it on Gold or Game Pass I would definitely sink another dozen hours or so, the game was just so easy to lose yourself in, at least when I played it, just going around and exploring, really chilled out game, which is something I normally don't get down with, I see stuff like Flower or Journey or whatever and I'm thinking to myself when is the actual game gonna start, so it was pretty cool to me.

Finally, Sean Murray and co, you fucked up, really bad, really really really bad, numerous times, and somehow I doubt that gamers will ever let you forget it, but the constant work you've done on the game, the fixing and patching and updating and improving, if every dev took the time and dedication you've given to this game, well thing's certainly wouldn't be worse.

• Like 1

I was one of the people who pre-ordered this, as it was the kind of game I waited my whole life for. And while I actually enjoyed it for what it was, and got the Platinum before there were any changes. I lost a lot of respect for Hello Games because of the way they handled the backlash...they just said nothing to nobody, it was pure radio silence. I remember there even being some report where someone went to the HG Studios and it was like a graveyard. HG really made it seem like they duped us all, they released what they released and took our money and dipped. So I felt kind of hypocritical continuing to support the game if that's how they were going to be...so I stepped away from it. 

But, after months and moths of silence they started to release patches and showed they haven't give up on it, and I can applaud them for that. I checked the game out again when we got base building, but didn't really go in depth with it. Never got the tougher DLC trophies like Survival or Permadeath. 

This update though looks incredible. I love the look of the third person view and can't wait to check that out. Don't really care about the Multiplayer...I never needed that to begin with. So I look forward to checking this out, hopefully we get some more non-online related trophies. 

But I still say, that at the end of the day...love or hate this game, HG created a truly amazing algorithm and game engine that I would love for them to cipher off to other studios. Could you imagine Rockstar having access to an Open Universe model? Grand Theft Space!

this looks legit good. i stayed away from no mans sky but i might actually buy it for the summer and check it out.. i basically have no big games that I'm interested to buy until spiderman. 

kudos to sean and the dev for actually stucking with the game after the shitshow that haooend on launch. 

I bought the game used for $10 after the Atlas and Foundation updates and am enjoying the game.  I'm hoping there's something in the update for players that don't play online.  I don't have Plus. I'm not interested in paying Sony for permission to play games I bought on the console I bought on internet I'm paying for.  I am really interested in the 'build a base anywhere' and better terrain (I really hate the 'falling through the planet' glitch).

14 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

They should of plan all of this in the first place to avoid all negative feedbacks from everyone else.

Fair point. There was a lot of negative feedback on this game.

Myself, never had anything to complain. I never followed the hype, didn't care about the game at first. But when the release was coming closer, I decided to pick up the game, and platinumed the game in about 2 weeks. I had an absolute blast with it! Back then, it was easily my game of the year. And I'm really looking forward in the new update.

As I haven't played the game anymore after platinum and finishing the story, there has been a lot of updates and patches. I think it'll feel like a brand new game to me when starting over.

Looks like there may not be any new trophies. The Xbox trophy list is out and it's the same 27 achievements that we've previously had as trophies.

Still pretty excited about this update. Definitely will want to pick this up as I'm one of the few people who bought the game after seeing the initial hype dissolve and I still put 50 hours into it in like four days.