[Shadow of War] Microtransaction removal patch notes

10 hours ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

That is correct, much like Shadow of Mordor's GotY edition everything was on the disc. It also had a "gold" edition at release but patience can be a great thing, along with Gamefly.

not to nitpick but you got my name wrong Shaka :( it is spelled and pronounced with an X (think mixer)

Sorry buddy, I guess next time I better tag you. Man, sometimes I'm too old for these things ?

On 7/17/2018 at 11:43 AM, iamjax said:

From the looks of it, Shadow Wars (which was the thing that everyone bitched about the most) should be over way quicker, so there's that which may reduce the platinum time (and maybe for the online rank trophy if they reduced the grind for that, as well).

As far as any other trophies go, the only one I'm not sure how would work is the one you received for opening up a lootbox to give training orders to one of your orcs. In the original, you either got it through microtransactions or through the in-game currency, and opened up a chest and out came a couple of orcs and usually something tied to that particular trophy. Seems like it's just like anything else, and just fits in with regular customization with the already implemented in-game currency since that appears not to be removed. This one someone else is going to have to double check, since I made sure to play up to a point to get all online trophies besides the rank one just in case some teething issues with this update put a block on it.

I believe hitting the rank for the captain trophy will be easier because you can now get level 80 captains, which should increase your total rank points more than level 60 captains.  Correct me if I'm wrong though.

And I'm thinking a GOTY with everything on disc might not be possible.  IIRC the total install is at least 60gb.  Could be wrong on that front too though.

EDIT: Install with all patches including the latest one is 56gb, larger than a stsndard blu ray.  

Edited by Snake2410

If this actually makes the game less tedious, I might finally pick up a copy in the coming months. ?

I adore the first game, and was excited when the sequel was announced. Then, I found many players bitching Shadow Wars was a borefest. I dropped the motivation shortly after. ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zizimonster said:

If this actually makes the game less tedious, I might finally pick up a copy in the coming months. ?

I adore the first game, and was excited when the sequel was announced. Then, I found many players bitching Shadow Wars was a borefest. I dropped the motivation shortly after. ?

I was the same way. Except I started hearing about Shadow Wars after I bought the game. It's been in my backlog ever since. However, I got it on sale for cheap so it wasn't a huge loss. 

• 2 weeks later...