Crysis 2 Online petition

Extratenzy

3 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

i know petitions rarely work out at the end but this one needs to be done, for someone who bought the game on a sale on PSN for 3.29 UK pounds 5 weeks ago and this happens is extremely fucking annoying, i know its EA, they're the evil bastards getting millions of millions with their microtransactions... but i remember when BFBC was unobtainable for 2 or 3 years and then in 2015 they got it back. 

so in conclusion i've made this petition mainly to delay the server closure for the dedication trophy, please every person who speaks up really can make a difference. i know there's a possibility we'll get a big "NO" from EA but let's try at least knowing we did what we could. Thanks :) 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-Games/Dedication-trophy-is-impossible-now-due-to-the-server-closure-of/m-p/6924799#M18307

Server are dead.  Is why its closing. I'm pretty sure.  No body plays.  Anymore.    Never find any match anymore  sucks I did this my other account had about 100 in it love it 

Surprised we got no Crisis remasters. The game would be beatiful on PS4. I never got far in trophies collecting for it at the time. Woukd love to do a PS4 version of them.

6 minutes ago, Gage said:

Crysis 2 was also dead for like a year, then they fixed it, which would have been the point you should have done it. 

oh so you're blaming me rather than a stupid trophy that doesn't make any sense?

at least say something more positive rather than saying "you were too late, your fault", some games including some of EAs actually had successful petitions.

we live in a hopeless world i swear...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SniperEliteDido said:

oh so you're blaming me rather than a stupid trophy that doesn't make any sense?

at least say something more positive rather than saying "you were too late, your fault", some games including some of EAs actually had successful petitions.

It's not hopeless, but it fiscally makes zero sense to keep a server open when on one is on it.  The game is 7 years old so of course there is a risk of the servers closing and that was a risk you accepted when you bought it.  Don't like it do better research before you buy games...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

Well you had 7 years to get it done, can't exactly blame other people my dude.

1 minute ago, Mystical_Heaven said:

If you know you put a 6 months trophy inside your game, give a 6 months notice before shutdown everything, at least. Nope, too hard to understand EA, isn't?

Expecting EA to give a shit is a bit optimistic. Slightly.

• Like 3

all i'm asking for this thread is to get more people so we could have better chances. EA have brought back Skate 3 and 2 servers ( i know 2 is unobtainable), they fixed a 2008 game's trophy in 2015...like come on guys all im asking is to just comment on my thread. i'm not asking you to go to EA's HQ and convince them face to face

literally a comment won't take 3 mins from your time

at least try and if it doesn't work out then we can know we've done our part

Edited by SniperEliteDido

Although I earned the trophy a few years ago, I've left a reply and I hope it works out for you. You can't really blame EA for wanting to shut the game down now, because it's dead and it has been given 3 months notice. 3 months is enough time for anyone who wanted to enjoy the game to enjoy it, it's just unfortunately not enough time to get the Dedication trophy, it was a very stupid implementation of a trophy and it's good that they haven't done it since. 

I doubt signing a petition will do anything since it costs money to keep them running.  I mean they might keep them on if they saw a big upsurge in people buying the game or if there are alot of people playing the game again.  But the game is what 7 years old I extremely doubt that the online is active enough that a petition with maybe a few thousand signatures is enough for them to care.

4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Although I earned the trophy a few years ago, I've left a reply and I hope it works out for you. You can't really blame EA for wanting to shut the game down now, because it's dead and it has been given 3 months notice. 3 months is enough time for anyone who wanted to enjoy the game to enjoy it, it's just unfortunately not enough time to get the Dedication trophy, it was a very stupid implementation of a trophy and it's good that they haven't done it since. 

thanks! and yeah i agree that its a dead game but at least shut down the game according to it's time based trophy which gives freedom and justice for any trophy/achievement hunter to earn it.

2 minutes ago, MrKittyEmperor said:

I doubt signing a petition will do anything since it costs money to keep them running.  I mean they might keep them on if they saw a big upsurge in people buying the game or if there are alot of people playing the game again.  But the game is what 7 years old I extremely doubt that the online is active enough that a petition with maybe a few thousand signatures is enough for them to care.

which stops you from writing down a comment that literally takes less than 3 mins to write. y'all are very hopeless people. Geez at least try. 

and to keep them running for an extra 3 months will fuck up EA's millions of profit... right... 

4 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

thanks! and yeah i agree that its a dead game but at least shut down the game according to it's time based trophy which gives freedom and justice for any trophy/achievement hunter to earn it.

I always hate seeing those people who comment negatively about things not working, it only rubs salt in the wound of people who want to do the game. It's only really people who already have the trophies for the game who come along and say "you're too late, you should have done it when it was fixed" and so on. You started the game not thinking the trophy would be unobtainable and if you have the dedication to go for every other trophy, you should have the "Dedication" Trophy :D

I recommend not talking badly against those people though, keep calm and stay positive about your petition. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I always hate seeing those people who comment negatively about things not working, it only rubs salt in the wound of people who want to do the game. It's only really people who already have the trophies for the game who come along and say "you're too late, you should have done it when it was fixed" and so on. You started the game not thinking the trophy would be unobtainable and if you have the dedication to go for every other trophy, you should have the "Dedication" Trophy :D

ikr! people literally can't take 3 mins from their damn time yet they trophy hunt 24/7. its like supporting someone who is in a bad situation will end their lives. really thankful that you commented at the same time having done the game already 3 years ago. thanks dude! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

No, he bought it 5 weeks ago in a sale. Technically speaking, he didn't get a chance at all to get it done. The fact that it's seven years old is a moot point. He's just asking for a 6 month notice in the petition... Not another 7 years.

Oh don't get me wrong, i agree you should have had the advance warning to be able to complete it fully and that fault lies on EA. But since EA would sacrifice your parents for another season pass, you acknowledge the risk when buying the game.

And I don't think the price has fluctuated that strongly in the past 4 years for instance. SO there's also that.

1 minute ago, SniperEliteDido said:

ikr! people literally can't take 3 mins to write down a comment. its like supporting someone who is in a bad situation will end their lives. really thankful that you commented at the same time having done the game already a year ago. thanks dude! :)

I've had the platinum for over 3 years now and got Dedication on January 1st, 2015. If they can push the game up to January 1st, 2019 somehow then you'll be able to get the trophy on that day. What's rather funny about the game is that it feels like a long time ago since I did that game, but if I was working on the game and the server shutdown was announced, there would have been many people saying the same things they're saying today which is "this game was working fine a long time ago, you should have done it then". We all could have done most of our trophies earlier and I'm sure those same people would be upset about one of their games being screwed over due to playing it without expecting trouble. 

• Like 2

Yeah, boosting the game was no walk in the park.. but should be doable with a dedicated reliable group. if you are new to the game and don`t have Dedication already then i`m afraid you are screwed my friend, if EA decided to be kind enough to extended the servers to January 2019 then you should be able to get everything done before then and log in on January to pop Dedication, as it is a confirmed guaranteed trick (got it that way myself).. i`m so happy i made Crysis 2 plat as my #100, really loved the campaign and MP was fun as well. good luck with the petition guys :) 

1 hour ago, SniperEliteDido said:

i know petitions rarely work out at the end but this one needs to be done, for someone who bought the game on a sale on PSN for 3.29 UK pounds 5 weeks ago and this happens is extremely fucking annoying, i know its EA, they're the evil bastards getting millions of millions with their microtransactions... but i remember when BFBC was unobtainable for 2 or 3 years and then in 2015 they got it back. 

so in conclusion i've made this petition mainly to delay the server closure for the dedication trophy, please every person who speaks up really can make a difference. i know there's a possibility we'll get a big "NO" from EA but let's try at least knowing we did what we could. Thanks :) 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-Games/Dedication-trophy-is-impossible-now-due-to-the-server-closure-of/m-p/6924799#M18307

I signed in - good luck so happy that I finished it not even a year ago

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Yeah, boosting the game was no walk in the park.. but should be doable with a dedicated reliable group. if you are new to the game and don`t have Dedication already then i`m afraid you are screwed my friend, if EA decided to be kind enough to extended the servers to January 2019 then you should be able to get everything done before then and log in on January to pop Dedication, as it is a confirmed guaranteed trick (got it that way myself).. i`m so happy i made Crysis 2 plat as my #100, really loved the campaign and MP was fun as well. good luck with the petition guys :) 

6 minutes ago, Gennasuke said:

I’ve definitely seen weirder things with ea servers happen haha I was locked out of FIFA 12 plat for a long time then the servers randomly came back up one day and I got to finish it haha. So to you I wish you luck sir

there ain't no such thing called "luck" in this situation guys. we all need to speak to attract EA's attention. 

but thanks guys, at least you're not whining how late i am :P 

3 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

I signed in - good luck so happy that I finished it not even a year ago

thanks dude! 

1 hour ago, Mystical_Heaven said:

If you know you put a 6 months trophy inside your game, give a 6 months notice before shutdown everything, at least. Nope, too hard to understand EA, isn't?

I'm 99% sure the shutdown notices aren't based on the difficulty of the trophies.

Anyway i'd rather sign a petition for PS4/XB1 remasters of the games. Or maybe not, lol. Nah it's a dead franchise for them.

Well, the worst kind of effort one can do is not doing anything at all. Even if our chance of success is close to 0.000000001%, I don't mind lending a helping hand to the cause.

I've left a comment on your petition. Good luck ?

• Like 1