Crysis 2 Online petition

Extratenzy

"You believe trophies/achievements matter to publishers "

No no. I'm sure they don't care at all about them.

I hope they care about money.

Today i was going to buy Need for Speed Rivals on the PSN store. But, ehi, what if they close the servers in a month or two? The plat is easy, but if i buy a game i want to play too.

They can write a notice tomorrow.

I'm really sure to invest 19,99 euro in this game?

No. I'm not sure, because i have no trust on availability of EA mp.

Better if my money goes to other publisher houses that don't give a notice of 3 months only.

Cheers all guys, and be careful with your money.

• Like 2

But Rivals literally takes 5 minutes for the online trophies lol... they haven't shut down a NFS in ages. Undercover is 10 years old and still working.

However they shut down the Need for Speed Network site a couple of months ago, they gave a notice but almost nobody probably saw it lol.

Edited by Lance_87

Knowing EA they'd say "Extended til March 2019! Enjoy!"

*EA sees the numbers haven't risen much and that most of the people commenting aren't on the game*

"Due to unforeseen circumstances we are changing our date back to October 2018.. we are sorry if this affects you [insert malicious laughter we can't hear inside the meeting rooms]"

4 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Knowing EA they'd say "Extended til March 2019! Enjoy!"

*EA sees the numbers haven't risen much and that most of the people commenting aren't on the game*

"Due to unforeseen circumstances we are changing our date back to October 2018.. we are sorry if this affects you [insert malicious laughter we can't hear inside the meeting rooms]"

"1000+"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fabio-piesse said:

No. I'm not sure, because i have no trust on availability of EA mp.

Better if my money goes to other publisher houses that don't give a notice of 3 months only.

Name me one company that gives more than 3 months.

Look at Sony, they gave Starhawk like one month (or even less) without even really announcing it anywhere except the description in the ps store.

Seriously, 3 months is a reasonable amount of time and I think its quite a common practice in the industrie.

8 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

Come on you guys... I am sick of seeing these elitist comments about how we should have known better, it's our own damn faults, the game has been out for years, yada, yada, yada. I am also sick of all the entitled people who cry at the big mean companies as if they owe you something. They don't. They're a business and if they don't manage their expenses you wont get any new games from them. 

Why can't we all just be civil and friendly towards each other? If someone wants to make a well-written, thoughtful petition to keep something they love up, the more power to them. Why come in here and piss on their party? Is it just to lift yourself up since you already got the platinum? We are gamers, playing games on our own timing and on our own schedules. Who here has zero back log? Let trophy hunters fight the battle without always giving them the third degree about how they fucked up. It's not constructive. 

Sorry, rant over. Carry on you guys. 

Very well said Afro, very well. I sympathize with those who are now screwed. It's a terrible feeling I can imagine. Like how I'm Screwed with Black Ops 2's Big Leagues trophy. And that's an even more ridiculous situation than Crysis 2, since it became unobtainable only 3 years post release. I still somehow hope some dude at Treyarch can pass word to the higher ups and still resolve the problem accordingly. 

• Like 2

The thing is, he isnt asking it particulary nicely in fact OP is being quite rude when people tell him he should have known better, that is a fact it is a ps3 game after all the servers are bound to go down sooner or later.

I think they should have given the 6month period for the trophy atleast but they make the final decision and if they say no then it is a no, unless somehow thousands of people demand the servers to stay wich i highly doubt (that is the only way they will bother with this, remember how quickly they reacted to SW BF2?!) 

1 minute ago, ZireaelSan said:

The thing is, he isnt asking it particulary nicely in fact OP is being quite rude when people tell him he should have known better, that is a fact it is a ps3 game after all the servers are bound to go down sooner or later.

I think they should have given the 6month period for the trophy atleast but they make the final decision and if they say no then it is a no, unless somehow thousands of people demand the servers to stay wich i highly doubt (that is the only way they will bother with this, remember how quickly they reacted to SW BF2?!) 

yes i'm not asking politely thanks to many people like you who are being rude pissing about how silly my petition is for an old game. 

2 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Name me one company that gives more than 3 months.

Look at Sony, they gave Starhawk like one month (or even less) without even really announcing it anywhere except the description in the ps store.

Seriously, 3 months is a reasonable amount of time and I think its quite a common practice in the industrie.

3 months means nothing when you put a time based trophy that requires 6 months...

On 7/17/2018 at 2:08 PM, Sanetsuken said:

Well you had 7 years to get it done, can't exactly blame other people my dude.

What if I have 10 years of backlog PS3 games to finish?  What then?  Even if I have 7 years its not enough to finish all games in backlog.

I mean how is one to know exactly which games to focus on before servers close?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

These servers can also cost upwards of $3000-$5000 per month to run. They are not going to spend an extra ~$10,000-$15,000 on allowing a few trophy hunters to get the Dedication trophy. 

i'm pretty sure as well that 10-15K bucks is not gonna affect their millions of millions to please their community... and 10-15K bucks is nothing compared to the millions they're gaining every day from FIFA alone. 

remind me again why did they fix a trophy in a game that's been 7 years old as well in 2015? (i'm talking about BFBC)

1 minute ago, DARKB1KE said:

What if I have 10 years of backlog PS3 games to finish?  What then?  Even if I have 7 years its not enough to finish all games in backlog.

this...

Edited by SniperEliteDido

46 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

i'm pretty sure as well that 10-15K bucks is not gonna affect their millions of millions to please their community... and 10-15K bucks is nothing compared to the millions they're gaining every day from FIFA alone. 

remind me again why did they fix a trophy in a game that's been 7 years old as well in 2015? (i'm talking about BFBC)

this...

Because resetting the upload server on BFBC1 doesn't cost $10-15k?

They are not going to spend that much money to please 50 trophy hunters in getting the Dedication trophy. "Customer satisfaction"...please, get a grip here. I understand your frustrations, i've done the same in the past with FEAR 2 and made a petition. Petitions are a complete waste of time unless 5000 people minimum would sign it, which is just super unrealistic with trophies unless it would be a glitched trophy on an AAA title at release for instance. It'd pretty much never happen for a server closure petition. 

I'm not being rude here or trying to mock the petition, but don't get your hopes up. It's a greedy company who doesn't care about trophy hunters, especially 50-100 hunters.

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

He is being rude? Hah!

to come over here and take the time to mock this petition yes that is fucking rude... you know you can just don't say anything at all instead of saying "you were too late, your fault" and criticize how silly this petition is. 

i swear if anyone was in the situation me and other trophy hunters are in right now they'd do the same to make this petition have hope at least. 

Edited by SniperEliteDido

38 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Really? You're going to call me rude for making a very tame comment like that... and in such a rude manner too.

Listen, I could have said plenty of nasty things about how entitled you're being expecting a company to spend thousands of dollars on a non-profitable game for the sake of you and your trophies like the world revolves around you (after all, thats what this is all about, I see you only recently started the game, it's clearly all about you). But I didn't, I made a general comment about petitions.

And yet, you still feel the need to tell me "get the fuck off" your thread. Jeez, grow up mate.

ok maybe i was a bit harsh but that doesn't mean you have to point out your opinion that really won't help any of us and will probably demotivate all of us. 

all i'm saying here is everyone is just commenting how stupid petitions are in general and how late i and others are where this isn't the place for everyone's opinions. This exact thread was created to support my petition not to see how everyone just gets on and says "you're too late, rip it's your fault not theirs"

56 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

ok maybe i was a bit harsh but that doesn't mean you have to point out your opinion that really won't help any of us and will probably demotivate all of us. 

all i'm saying here is everyone is just commenting how stupid petitions are in general and how late i and others are where this isn't the place for everyone's opinions. This exact thread was created to support my petition not to see how everyone just gets on and says "you're too late, rip it's your fault not theirs"

I mean, petitions are pretty inefficient and I still can't recall a single petition that worked. There's no give or take- we are asking EA to put money into maintaining servers just because we typed a few words into their forums. To make this campaign more effective, we should be "giving" EA the same amount that we'll be "taking", if that makes sense. Wait, you're the person who made that last petition and I discussed this, right? Or was it two petition ago :hmm: 

Before you kick me off your thread, I did 'me too' the EA post thingy. If someone could explain how to add a comment to the post (Do I click reply to the first post? Quick reply? +XP? Why do I even have an EA account?) I'll comment as well.

If you can edit the first post, I would strongly advise removing the "demand" and adding "request". 

4 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

yes i'm not asking politely thanks to many people like you who are being rude pissing about how silly my petition is for an old game. 

Remind me again when i was being rude to you?

You are the one throwing words at people because they are saying it is futile, lol.

Stop acting like a spoiled child and grow up, the world doesnt turn for you.

Edited by ZireaelSan

4 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

3 months means nothing when you put a time based trophy that requires 6 months...

This is the point. And it means EA has not respect for trophy hunters at all.

Today it's me, tomorrow it will happen to someone else.

So let me warn you all: if you are a trophy hunter, stay away from all EA's games with mp trophies.

I've learned the lesson.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

You go "hmmm, which one of these games has a multiplayer component that's grindy and will take a bit?"

And then you start.

And if you have 10 years of online multiplayer ps3 games to do, well that's not on anyone but yourself, you hoarder.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sanetsuken said:

You go "hmmm, which one of these games has a multiplayer component that's grindy and will take a bit?"

And then you start.

And if you have 10 years of online multiplayer ps3 games to do, well that's not on anyone but yourself, you hoarder.

Probably too hard to understand.