SniperEliteDido

Crysis 2 Online petition

149 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, CMH777 said:

Alright I have been watching this thread for a while now and let me say a few things since I've been around the block and back in this community.

 

1. Servers for old (and sometimes newer) games are going to go down, Its the way of things. If you are really concerned about having something unobtainable on your list, you should probably stray away from PS3 games with multiplayer that takes more than a few hours to finish. Also try to get MP done first if you are planning on playing these games.

 

2. It's quite silly to see people making petitions and all kinds of fuss when a 7+ year old game gets announced to go down. You're doing nothing but whining about being too late to a game for trophies. It happens. I have plenty of games done and not done on my list that are shut down. So you or anybody else is not special.

 

At the end of the day, its a trophy. Get over it. You making threads and harassing community managers is just plain silly and you should focus that energy on getting other games done before they go down.

it is silly when a game has a time based trophy that requires 6 months and they announced server closure 3 months before the upcoming shutdown... You don't get it don't you? This petition is made to either try and extend the server shutdown or let them solve it by popping it for everyone for example who logs on the MP.

 

i'm not annoyed by the shutdown, i'm annoyed about the company being careless to yes a "minor community" but still has a big profit for their products.

 

 

The thing i like most about this thread tho is that most people who think this petition is silly either don't have the game or they already completed Crysis 2/Got Dedication.

Edited by SniperEliteDido
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heavy Foliage said:

I got all the online trophies a while ago but I clicked the "me too" button anyway. 

 

I hope you guys can make it but don't expect anything from EA. They are very unprofessional as far as online trophies are concerned. I remember doing anything I could for some unachievable trophies both in FIFA 13 and FIFA 14 but EA of course didn't care...

 

@CMH777 I agree with pretty much everything you said but you missed an important point, which is how companies sometimes handle server shutdowns. In this case, considering that there's a trophy that requires 6 months to be unlocked, they could have simply announced the shutdown for January rather than October.

 

 

Amen. Finally someone said the right thing instead of blaming someone else for being late "with a 7 years game"

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21.7.2018 at 3:34 AM, fastflowdaman said:

 

True, 3 months usually is fair and sufficient. 

 

Except if you decided to include a stupid online trophy like "come back after x months and play online".

 

Then 3+x months should be a given. Alternatively autopop at least within the 3 months before shutdown.

 

The thing is: You guys here dont care about the 6 months. 

 

Lets assume they would have announced it last month and would in fact have given the whole 6 months, so the game would shutdown in december. Would anybody here be pleased then? No! You know what would happen? People would start doing a petition to increase the time from 6 to 7 months, allthough the trophy only requires 6 months. You know why that would happen? Because people only care about the 1st day in January and not about the 6 months in the trophy description. The trophy will not unlock after 6 months for 90% of the players, it will unlock in January of the next year. Even if you play your first match on 31st of December, you will still get the trophy on the next day very likely.

 

If I read here that some people were going to start the game this year (or even worse: already started doing it), but did not do this trophy at the beginning of year, although every guide mentions that this is pretty much the only time to unlock the trophy, then all I can do is shake my head about it. Why would you boost this game in March without doing this trophy 2 months earlier, like one guy in the thread here? You would have to wait almost one year to be on the safe side for 100% in this game. And the server of this game is very old and was already broken for almost a year (2015-2016). So even without this shutdown announcement, it would be extremely risky to start this without that trophy earned.

 

Everyone, who in fact started this game without earning the trophy in January, knew about this risk. And if you risk something, you should be able to deal with the consequences.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CMH777 said:

Alright I have been watching this thread for a while now and let me say a few things since I've been around the block and back in this community.

 

1. Servers for old (and sometimes newer) games are going to go down, Its the way of things. If you are really concerned about having something unobtainable on your list, you should probably stray away from PS3 games with multiplayer that takes more than a few hours to finish. Also try to get MP done first if you are planning on playing these games.

 

2. It's quite silly to see people making petitions and all kinds of fuss when a 7+ year old game gets announced to go down. You're doing nothing but whining about being too late to a game for trophies. It happens. I have plenty of games done and not done on my list that are shut down. So you or anybody else is not special.

 

At the end of the day, its a trophy. Get over it. You making threads and harassing community managers is just plain silly and you should focus that energy on getting other games done before they go down.

 

As usual, Carlos knows what he is talking about 😎

 

Fact is, EA do not care about any petitions! They have made up their minds when the servers will close and that is that.

It sucks if you can’t get the trophy! I can’t get the trophy either... but it is what it is. I’ll just focus on other games instead.

 

carlos was right though that if you play ‘any’ game that had online trophies, get them done ASAP. That way you won’t have to worry about future unobtainables and can finish off the single player trophies at your leisure.

Edited by DieHardDavidN
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's a trophy for a dead game. just enjoy the fun of the single player. not everything has to be done for trophy hunting seeing as a community we are quite small in the big picture.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I've said that developers/publishers have somewhat of an obligation to better address situations like these, but honestly, if you are not a completionist collector, or at least like 80%, then I honestly don't know why this affects you so much. Reason I'm bringing this up is because I've seen lots of people who are complaining about this, and then when I check their trophy collection, I see something with less than 50% completion. Okay, let's be honest and serious with ourselves, if your completion rate is that low, then honestly there's literally no reason to whine about this game shutting down because let's face it, you only want it because it won't be available anymore, not that the game actually matters to you. I think this is a very valid point that I made. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EA doesn't even respect gamers in general so there is no way they show respect for Trophy Hunters. Im sure everyone here had a situation where he or she came across a trophy they couldn't obtain, be it due to MP, difficulty or server shutdowns. I feel for you but just move on, you cant win against the natural law of aging Multiplayer modes.

Your attitude also doesn't help your case, you sound so desperate that you pick up fights with people who just realistically state the situation to you. Im not a fan of Petitions but signed some myself if iam passionate about it and i don't mind helping others by signing but dude, youre sure did everything so that i dont want to sign your petition. 

You can now post once more about how people like me or the others should shut up and stay away here if we dont plan to support you but you know what? FREEDOM OF SPEECH BABY!

My advise for you is, be happy about the support you get and be nice to those who dont have hopes for your cause since you never know if that person will someday able to help you in a Boosting Session xD Grow up and accept you cant get a 100% Account or do it like many Hunters before and start a new one where you leave out that game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just like to point out that Crysis 2 appears to be on sale again during this new Summer Sale. There is not even a mention of the upcoming server shutdown on the game page. So I guess that probably adequately shows you how much both EA and Sony care about this.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24-7-2018 at 9:11 AM, Vadrael said:

EA doesn't even respect gamers in general so there is no way they show respect for Trophy Hunters. Im sure everyone here had a situation where he or she came across a trophy they couldn't obtain, be it due to MP, difficulty or server shutdowns. I feel for you but just move on, you cant win against the natural law of aging Multiplayer modes.

Your attitude also doesn't help your case, you sound so desperate that you pick up fights with people who just realistically state the situation to you. Im not a fan of Petitions but signed some myself if iam passionate about it and i don't mind helping others by signing but dude, youre sure did everything so that i dont want to sign your petition. 

You can now post once more about how people like me or the others should shut up and stay away here if we dont plan to support you but you know what? FREEDOM OF SPEECH BABY!

My advise for you is, be happy about the support you get and be nice to those who dont have hopes for your cause since you never know if that person will someday able to help you in a Boosting Session xD Grow up and accept you cant get a 100% Account or do it like many Hunters before and start a new one where you leave out that game.

 

Why do people use the frase FREEDOM OF SPEECH and than complain about what some other person have said/wrote???? Please click on other topic and ignore this one if u don't like it. Why do you care what some guy made a petition about. The world is full of dickheads. This guy is not even asking something weird. Maybe he is a little rude, so what? Why write that u won't help him, what does it add? Sorry reading this thread just makes me smile. Jeez almost get fights about a petition about a server extension of 2/3 months. LOL

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Paco-001 said:

 

Why do people use the frase FREEDOM OF SPEECH and than complain about what some other person have said/wrote???? Please click on other topic and ignore this one if u don't like it. Why do you care what some guy made a petition about. The world is full of dickheads. This guy is not even asking something weird. Maybe he is a little rude, so what? Why write that u won't help him, what does it add? Sorry reading this thread just makes me smile. Jeez almost get fights about a petition about a server extension of 2/3 months. LOL

Freedom of speech is also the freedom to criticize what other people say :P How does that saying go? Something something freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequences. If people disagree with OP or their behavior, they are free to criticize. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Freedom of speech is also the freedom to criticize what other people say :P How does that saying go? Something something freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequences. If people disagree with OP or their behavior, they are free to criticize. 

 

True. That also means that u must not complain if somebody does not agree. Criticize and get criticized about it is all in the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freedom of Speech? What the hell has the post gotten to? Were not politicians, just gamers going for trophies and trying to have some form of conversation and debate. That's all. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

Freedom of speech is just the go to response on public forums for people to justify bad behaviour. One shouldn't have the need to use it in a comment.

 

I don't care much about unobtainables, it's going to happen to the majority of us weather we like it or not; it's the sad truth of gaming and online activities.

What I do think is sad is that the community is so damn toxic that they rather harass people or ridicule them for making their opinion heard about something that matters for them.

When all they had to do is not comment in the first place.

 

Not everyone think alike, respect that at least.

If you are for the petition, sign it.

If you are not for the petition, don't sign it.

 

Sorry for the people that did not get the trophies in time.

Most people are not bothered to start the game after all these years.

Sorry for the people that think they look good harassing people that care about this subject.

 

Could not word it better. My English is bad so maybe it was lost in translation.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paco-001 said:

 

Could not word it better. My English is bad so maybe it was lost in translation.

 

No your English is fine, I was just lucky to manage to get some sense out for once! : D

Edited by NightRusticDawn
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest guys and don't get me wrong, I hope it works as I've lost a platinum in Resistance 2 (Internet issues at the time) but even if they had given you the 6 months, there's a massive chance you wouldn't have gotten the 'Dedicated' trophy in the time anyway. Personally I waited an extra 4 months before mine decided to pop randomly. It's a glitchy horrible trophy so even if this scenario does go your way, be prepared for sadness either way :(

Edited by TOAST13TOA5T
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony will specifically put dead and / or dying games on the IGC and in flash sales

its sometimes better to avoid older games, no matter how good the asking price may seem

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

To be honest guys and don't get me wrong, I hope it works as I've lost a platinum in Resistance 2 (Internet issues at the time) but even if they had given you the 6 months, there's a massive chance you wouldn't have gotten the 'Dedicated' trophy in the time anyway. Personally I waited an extra 4 months before mine decided to pop randomly. It's a glitchy horrible trophy so even if this scenario does go your way, be prepared for sadness either way :(

 

An extra 2 months would help pretty much everyone actually: 

 

There's a thing on this game where if you complete a multiplayer match before December 31st 23:59 GMT, and then complete a multiplayer match on January 1st...the trophy is virtually guaranteed to pop. I've created an alt in the past where I played a match at 23:45, then popped Dedication at 00:10....less than 30 minutes after playing the first ever match. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

Freedom of speech is just the go to response on public forums for people to justify bad behaviour. One shouldn't have the need to use it in a comment.

 

I don't care much about unobtainables, it's going to happen to the majority of us weather we like it or not; it's the sad truth of gaming and online activities.

What I do think is sad is that the community is so damn toxic that they rather harass people or ridicule them for making their opinion heard about something that matters for them.

When all they had to do is not comment in the first place.

 

Not everyone think alike, respect that at least.

If you are for the petition, sign it.

If you are not for the petition, don't sign it.

 

Sorry for the people that did not get the trophies in time.

Most people are not bothered to start the game after all these years.

Sorry for the people that think they look good harassing people that care about this subject.

Very well said indeed. There's still some sane people on this Earth. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

 

An extra 2 months would help pretty much everyone actually: 

 

There's a thing on this game where if you complete a multiplayer match before December 31st 23:59 GMT, and then complete a multiplayer match on January 1st...the trophy is virtually guaranteed to pop. I've created an alt in the past where I played a match at 23:45, then popped Dedication at 00:10....less than 30 minutes after playing the first ever match. 

 

 

I will try the 31-01 / 30-01 trick even if it's not December/January. In addition of that, I will follow an advice someone wrote above: try to unlock Dedication trophy with a second hand copy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mystical_Heaven said:

 

I will try the 31-01 / 30-01 trick even if it's not December/January. In addition of that, I will follow an advice someone wrote above: try to unlock Dedication trophy with a second hand copy

Can you explain the 31-01 / 30-01 trick? And in GMT time or what?

How to unlock Dedication trophy with a second hand copy?

Thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NightRusticDawn said:

Freedom of speech is just the go to response on public forums for people to justify bad behaviour. One shouldn't have the need to use it in a comment.

 

I don't care much about unobtainables, it's going to happen to the majority of us weather we like it or not; it's the sad truth of gaming and online activities.

What I do think is sad is that the community is so damn toxic that they rather harass people or ridicule them for making their opinion heard about something that matters for them.

When all they had to do is not comment in the first place.

 

Not everyone think alike, respect that at least.

If you are for the petition, sign it.

If you are not for the petition, don't sign it.

 

Sorry for the people that did not get the trophies in time.

Most people are not bothered to start the game after all these years.

Sorry for the people that think they look good harassing people that care about this subject.

 

Well put as always Night!

 

I did sign the Petition to help the little man :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.