Crysis 2 Online petition

Extratenzy

2 hours ago, fabio-piesse said:

Can you explain the 31-01 / 30-01 trick? And in GMT time or what?

How to unlock Dedication trophy with a second hand copy?

Thanks

That trick is a simulation of what is needed to be done to "activate" the well known 1st January glitch/exploit: one match during 31 of december and one match after Midnight (basically the 1st January, your GMT). I have some friends that unlocked Dedication trophy on first day of any months by doing that trick and before the 6 months.

Note* if the glitch of the 1st January has, more or less, a 90-95% of success, doing the glitch during the 1st day of any other month has an unknown %. And just to try to increase the chances of that glitch I will use, in addiction, the idea/suggestion/advice/whatever of a second hand copy, by Sergen. Look here (7th post)

Edited by Mystical_Heaven

Just to update everyone...

Thanks to everyone who signed for the petition, y'all really mean a lot to me for the support i've been getting.

secondly, i give up on this petition. What i'm gonna do is buy a shit ton of used copies and hope dedication pops. probably gonna do every single trophy in the game so i could increase my completion rate aswell. 

anyway thanks everyone for the support. :) 

On 7/22/2018 at 4:56 PM, Mikoto_railgun01 said:

it's a trophy for a dead game. just enjoy the fun of the single player. not everything has to be done for trophy hunting seeing as a community we are quite small in the big picture.

The whole point of trophy hunting is to get a completion.  You get a platinum trophy for achieving all base game trophies.  If you don't do that then you can't get a platinum. 

1 hour ago, DARKB1KE said:

The whole point of trophy hunting is to get a completion.  You get a platinum trophy for achieving all base game trophies.  If you don't do that then you can't get a platinum. 

I still regularly buy PS3 games where servers are gone just to get the SP trophies. I was kinda late to the trophy hunting party and have no problem with a completion percentage of 50%. Because having all SP trophies and no MP trophies for a game still beats not having any of the trophies for that game, at least for me :)

This whole server debacle will not keep me from playing the game and trying to get the trophies that I can. Although it does look it could be worth the trouble to get Dedication to pop using the glitch provided here.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

2 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

secondly, i give up on this petition. What i'm gonna do is buy a shit ton of used copies and hope dedication pops. probably gonna do every single trophy in the game so i could increase my completion rate aswell. 

Before you go about wasting your money, you should be aware that the discs are read only media. There's no data being put on the used copies when they are being played. Every disc is for these purposes identical. I don't think there's a unique identifier tied to every disc either which would let the servers know if the "owner" of that disc is eligible for the dedication trophy.

Edited by IDiivil

On 7/20/2018 at 1:07 AM, JohnCenaSong- said:

I never understand why every time a dead online game gets it's servers shut down suddenly all the trophy hunters flock to the game and petition it to stay up.

You had years to play this game, let it go in peace. Besides, most people who'd sign the petition will merely just boost for the trophies and uninstall.

I knew I wasn't the only one to notice that. A lot of the trophy hunters who take issue with the servers closing where in no rush to platinum the game before hand. Anways, that's why I make a habit to prioritize games with online trophies to avoid being in this issue.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, IDiivil said:

Before you go about wasting your money, you should be aware that the discs are read only media. There's no data being put on the used copies when they are being played. Every disc is for these purposes identical. I don't think there's a unique identifier tied to every disc either which would let the servers know if the "owner" of that disc is eligible for the dedication trophy.

Disks are write protected, but that doesn't mean data couldn't be written to the PS3 though.

It's just a theory in the end.  I had no problems with trophies popping in 6 months, had no problems with dog tags, had no problems with armor unlocks.  I'm not sure why others are having problems. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

8 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Disks are write protected, but that doesn't mean data couldn't be written to the PS3 though.

It's just a theory in the end.  I had no problems with trophies popping in 6 months, had no problems with dog tags, had no problems with armor unlocks.  I'm not sure why others are having problems. 

Consider yourself lucky then. "Modern Art" glitched on me, but luckily still got it at around 200 dog tags or so. Some very unfortunate few who have that "Play 3 Multiplayer matches" glitch on them. This whole game was a glitch feast with regards to trophies. 

Ah the servers are closing? Well I guess that's on me then...I've had the trilogy since we got Crysis 3 on PS+ and still haven't played them. Funny enough I was planning to start the first game soon. However Crysis 2 is the hardest of the trilogy if I remember right so I probably wasn't getting that Plat anyways. 

On 27/07/2018 at 5:16 AM, CristianX-97 said:

Consider yourself lucky then. "Modern Art" glitched on me, but luckily still got it at around 200 dog tags or so. Some very unfortunate few who have that "Play 3 Multiplayer matches" glitch on them. This whole game was a glitch feast with regards to trophies. 

I had mentioned in a thread before But the collector trophy has glitched on me (collect 20 dogtags) I was able to get all of the other trophies without a problem except this.

21 hours ago, JJvercetti1 said:

I had mentioned in a thread before But the collector trophy has glitched on me (collect 20 dogtags) I was able to get all of the other trophies without a problem except this.

Same. I am level 35 and realized that Dedication Glitched. Since I won't get it now there is no way I am spending another 30 or so hours boosting the rest of the MP. I am cleaning up the campaign now and moving onto 3. At least I will have the Platinums in 1 and 3. Damn you, Crysis 2 and your glitched BS. 

• Like 1

Petitions very rarely work. 

Your best bet is to have a private server open. But chances are once the online goes out, it’s going to stay that way. 

Coming from experience I just know the vast amount of petitions out there don’t pan out. 

On 19/7/2018 at 11:26 PM, ZireaelSan said:

The thing is, he isnt asking it particulary nicely in fact OP is being quite rude when people tell him he should have known better, that is a fact it is a ps3 game after all the servers are bound to go down sooner or later.

I think they should have given the 6month period for the trophy atleast but they make the final decision and if they say no then it is a no, unless somehow thousands of people demand the servers to stay wich i highly doubt (that is the only way they will bother with this, remember how quickly they reacted to SW BF2?!) 

It was very  rude. 

Edited by BIazkowicz

On 04/08/2018 at 1:02 AM, Spaz said:

Petitions very rarely work. 

Your best bet is to have a private server open. But chances are once the online goes out, it’s going to stay that way. 

Coming from experience I just know the vast amount of petitions out there don’t pan out. 

I don't think they'd be able to make a private server that keeps track of time and allows for Dedication to unlock, most private servers miss out things like that and instead intend for people to just be able to play the game for fun like they were able to in the past. 

On 17/07/2018 at 10:38 PM, ee28max said:

Been there dude. For me it was FIFA 14, which I currently have 42/44 trophies of. Without any notice they shut down MatchDay Live so the trophy I'm left with is unobtainable. There was a huge petition which didn't work, but worked for the FUT issue on FIFA 12 and 13. Those guys are selfish. I wish they at least announced the shut down. 

I don't have the game, but I'm willing to support :) 

Petitions actually work sometimes?

10 hours ago, Sergen said:

I don't think they'd be able to make a private server that keeps track of time and allows for Dedication to unlock, most private servers miss out things like that and instead intend for people to just be able to play the game for fun like they were able to in the past. 

Private servers are generally hacked as well. Most are specifically manipulated to the server hosts liking, therefore making an unentirely unfair playing field. 

Not much of anything you can do. You’re already too late to do Crysis 2 before the servers shut.