SURPASS YOUR LIMITS! A Year-Long Backlog Challenge!

You know im in as I continue the long climb to slowly drag my completion rate out of the dregs. It was pretty bad, i started off at under 20%. My goal was to get to 50% by the end of the year, I am not far off from that now. By next year I don't think the high 70's is impossible. I do need to start knocking out some of these more difficult or time consuming titles though. This event will be a good start.

1: Diablo III 1%

1st trophy: 22 AUG 2015

I know I did say I wasn't going to do my pyramid games but this game will be a proud achievement when I knock it off the list. It was a library game to begin with. I now finally bought it from Gamestop a few weeks ago to get it complete. It is an amazing game just time consuming or life consuming not sure which.

2. Mad Max : 11%

1st Trophy 9 NOV 2015

A really good game just huge. I want to go back and get it all done.

3: Bully: 1%

1st Trophy: March 26 2016

One of my all time favorite games. I 100% it on 360 some years ago. It is time to go back to school.

4: Star Wars Battlefront: 37%

1st Trophy: 11 DEC 2015

I do not play a lot of multiplayer. Just not my skill range but for Star Wars I made an exception. I have slowly over time whittled away at it. I have neglected it for some time now. I know I need to get back into it before the community dries up.

5. Neverwinter::1%

1st Trophy: July 16 2016

I plan to start from scratch on this game on the 1st of 2019 and be complete by the end of the year. I know it is a tall order. I hope I can get mostly there with my sanity and marriage intact.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Dungeon Traveler's 2 - 69% - 29 November 2017

Yomawari: Night Alone - 17% - 26 December 2016

Home come you stopped with these games?

I'm currently playing dungeon travlers and enjoying it a lot, I've almost beat the game (in the sewer) and I might make a guide for it so if I can help feel free to ask. ^_^ I've platinumed Yomawari before and it's was a struggle, not because of the game but because I simply didn't enjoy it. 

8 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

Home come you stopped with these games?

I'm currently playing dungeon travlers and enjoying it a lot, I've almost beat the game (in the sewer) and I might make a guide for it so if I can help feel free to ask. ^_^ I've platinumed Yomawari before and it's was a struggle, not because of the game but because I simply didn't enjoy it. 

Dungeon Travelers just got repetitive. It's not a bad game... just not exciting. I wanted to play some other things and just never got back to it. Didn't help that I also misplaced my Vita for a couple months at the beginning of the year.

For Yomawari.... my Vita memory card got corrupted and I didn't have the save uploaded anywhere. Wasn't really wanting to start from scratch on it because I did have a moderately difficult time (particularly the chapter I had just finished).

Edit-- I'm at the same part you are in the sewers. Our earned trophies are identical xD 

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

This sounds good.  I'm in.  I remember last year I joined an event of yours (something about rare trophies) as motivation to plat a couple tough games (I Am Bread and Downwell).  Right now, I've got 6 tough games sitting on my list that I could use some extra motivation on.  It'll be nice to procrastinate for have a whole year too.  :)

Here's my list with current platinum rarity in ().

1. Atari Flashback Classics vol.2 (0.46%)
  2. Reus (0.58%)
  3. Lichtspeer (0.80%)
  4. Trackmania Turbo (0.81%)
  5. Forced (1.39%)
  6. Furi (1.55%)

I've got other stuff I want to go back to and platinum, but these are the ones I'm worried about.

• Like 2

I sign up with 4 games and those 4 are more than enough to beat within the 1 year period.

Title - Rarity - My current completion / Online Necessary

Darkest Dungeon - 0.60% - 28% / No

Difficulty: 9/10

This game is without a doubt the most difficult game on my list. While Darkest Dungeon's sheer difficulty is alot of fun and really well designed, it's trophies on the other hand are quite the opposite of enjoyment. Combining the base game with it's DLC Crimson Court is incredibly frustrating due to it's new negative perk it introduces. I might replace the game tho if it get's new trophies with the upcoming DLC, because I'm pretty sure the rarity would drop by at least 0,3%. 

Furi - 1.55% - 34% / No

Difficulty: 8/10

It's a well known challenge due to it's Ps Plus release and therefore most people know how difficult this game is. I for myself really enjoyed it so far and the Carpenter Brut OST was a pleasent suprise. I remember failing alot at the Sniper fight and because of that never returned to it, so let's see how it goes this time.

Those S-Ranks won't be easily achieved, that's for sure.

The Technomancer - 3.83% - 4% / No

Difficulty: 6/10

The rarity and overall low completion ratio of The Technomancer has only one reason: It's a crap game with an even crappier trophy list. So what do we have here:

Missable Sidequest? Check. Relationship trophies? Check. Difficulty related trophies? Check. Class speficic trophies? Check. Points of no return? 5 of 'em, Check.

Time limited quests? Check. Different Endings? Check. Faction related trophies? Check. Hallelujah, we're in for ride.

Besides that the game is a technichal mess, has one of the worst hitbox system I've ever seen on PS4 and is lame af. It's like a worse version of Bound by Flame.

Torment: Tides of Numenera - 1.70% - 7% / No

Difficulty: -/- IMO varies from 3/10 to 10/10. Depends on experience and knowledge.

I'm looking forward to this one. A truly unique game and it's also my favorite game genre. The difficulty is hard to estimate, it's a matter of experience with these kind of games. Multiple playthroughs are required and even then planning is required. I guess you could technically get all of them in one playtrough but you'd have to butcher the game into alot of hard saves and therefore spoil all the fun and magic of this game. 

Edited by Sardavanua
  • Like 2

I'd like to join this.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva Dreamy Theater

Estimated Difficulty: 8/10

Progress: 0%

Yes, I know. I have no trophies in it. I've wanted to get to this one for quite a while now, even going so far as to rebuy a PSP just to be able to access the game. The main concern with the 100% is that one has to Perfect every song in the game. For the most part, this isn't too bad since the charts are mostly simple, though the Hard variants of Disappearance and the Christmas song are known for being difficult, mainly since unlike every other Project Diva game after it, you can't use the d-pad to hit notes, making the jack-heavy Disappearance and the piano solo to the Christmas much more frustrating than they have any right to be.

DJMax Respect - 100%

Estimated Difficulty: 10/10

Progress: 95%

Willing to Help for Online

On one hand, this one's almost cheating because of how little I have left in it, but at the same time, what I do have left is so ridiculous that there is a good chance I won't even have it done by the event's end even though I play this game constantly. For reference, the trophy for equipping the Metro Project plate ("DJMax Will Return" from the Link Disc DLC) requires you to clear every mission in the Link Disc set to unlock the plate, which is a tall order when the game throws shit like this at you...

To make a long story short, assuming I can even get good enough to do this, it will be the best thing to embrace my profile by far, and God knows I'm gonna try.

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger

Estimated Difficulty: 6/10

Progress: 37%

ONLINE REQUIRED

While I'm aware that this is considered one of the easier plats in the series, fighting games are not quite my forte (to put it lightly), so having this plat in my collection would be quite the feat for me.

Kung-Fu Panda 2

Estimated Difficulty: 1/10

Progress: 26% (Technically 0% for reasons I am about to get to)

This one is... different from pretty much most if not all games that are gonna show up on this thread. The actual game itself is easy as hell, but the real issue is that it is by far one of the worst games I have ever played, with the game being more than willing to lock you out of future levels for no reason (the first reason I had to start over) or even just outright let collectables physics themselves to where you couldn't possibly reach them (every other reason I had to start over, usually at the very beginning). Combine that with the game having literal hundreds of collectables and this is gonna be one hell of a bad time that, while physically non-challenging by every measure, will more than likely take a large toll on my patience.

Little Busters!: Converted Edition (PS3)

Estimated Difficulty: 4/10

Progress: 69% (heh)

Despite being a visual novel, this plat is actually a fairly annoying one for the genre, requiring either good knowledge of Japanese or, the route that I'm gonna take, extensive guide usage and some phone app translations. Of particular note is one trophy requiring you to have Rin defeat all three life-forms, which is done through a pseudo-RPG setup where you trade with characters for equipment through the story and then have to take on an enemy, save scumming until the game decides that you win (assuming you have the proper equipment to stand a chance). There's also a minigame where you have to make lunches and you have to do 45 of them in one minute for a trophy. Since I'm using the PS3 version, I can't back out to the LiveArea to create time for myself like I could on the Vita, so there will be some annoyance in getting that done as well.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 3

It looks like this thread really blew up while I was sleeping, which is always nice to see. Everyone has been added. For now, I just put in everyone's raw posts (because there isn't really a relegated signup format). Like I said earlier, I'll make a spreadsheet before the event starts to make everything look nicer.

8 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

SURPASS YOUR LIMITS?! You are asking me to go Ultra Instinct?!

Pretty much, yeah.

7 hours ago, dmland12 said:

This sounds good.  I'm in.  I remember last year I joined an event of yours (something about rare trophies) as motivation to plat a couple tough games (I Am Bread and Downwell).  Right now, I've got 6 tough games sitting on my list that I could use some extra motivation on.  It'll be nice to procrastinate for have a whole year too.  :)

You're thinking of the Rare Trophy Hunters League Revival. Yeah, I remember you being one of the top contenders. It's nice to see you again. ^-^

4 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Estimated Difficulty: 9/10

Progress: 64%

The new Dragon Ball game and it`s fun and Funny, lots of Fan-Service in it. once I plat I plan to help others with Online part as Area Fights is dead and lots of Ring fight maniacs is in it

Are you telling me that the online is already dead?! The game has only been out for a few months!

2 hours ago, LilFlower85 said:

6.Persona 4 Arena

Started in 2016

Platinum rarity 0,37

Current progress 1%

I have little hope for that one, as i am particularly bad at fighting games, but i'll do my best for the love of Persona 1f605.png

If you want, I can help with the online on this one once the event starts (especially since this game is also on my list).

2 hours ago, jem said:

Are you telling me that the online is already dead?!

No just that the online is all about Ring Matches and World Rank Matches. There was no sure way for me to Observe a match between two already using the Arena Match.

Oh this sounds fun, I'm in.  I'll start off with just a few, but I'm gonna use this as a way to clear some PS3 games.

1. Hob (5.39) - only recently discovered this one's not that bad but it's not very popular so the percentage reflects that. 

2.Anima Gates of Memories (5.30) - pretty much the second issue.

3.Devil May Cry 4 (2.58) - Ok so now well start getting into the actually hard stuff. Between the multiple playthroughs and the difficulty issues, this one will be lots of fun to get sick of.

4.N++ (1.59 ) - ton of fun here. Lot of levels and lit of replaying.

5.Star Ocean The Last Hope (.90) - Doing the PS3 version.

6.I am Bread ( .27) - Hey as long as I'm being unrealistic!

Editing for one last one:

7. Disgaea 4: A Promise Resisted(1.72)- Another really long grindy one.

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 3

Okay, here's my list:

1. Zuma - I only have the trophy to beat a level in 8 seconds or less left, but the best I've done is 9 seconds.  It's actually a very hard 100%

2. Sparkle Unleashed - This game has only 0.33% completion and it is because of the one trophy I have left.  Nightmare difficulty in this game is about 90% luck, 10% skill.  I've gotten to the 46th level out of about 110 so far and I've been whittling away at this off and on since 2015.

3. Muramasa Rebirth - I only have speed runs and fury runs left.  Fury gives 1 HP so you have to do bosses with no hits.  Needless to say I've not gotten very far in this.

4. htoL#NiQ - The Firefly Diary - Some of the trophies I have left are very frustrating for a little point and click game.  Awkward controls is a big part of the difficulty.  Also because of its need for a guide for nearly anything and being on Vita which I tend to play where I can't access guides, it often ends up on the backburner.

5. God of War (PS3) - Normally I'm good at action RPGs, but seriously God of War is just so terrible and has hideous controls.  I'm terrible at this game and have the challenges and speed run left and have so little patience for this game and playing it just reminds me that there are way better things I could be playing but that high percentage B rank is driving me nuts.

May add more later on.  I have a lot of games that would qualify that I haven't even started yet.

• Like 3

I'd like to join!

1. Batman: Arkham City (38%) - No online / First trophy: July 16, 2014
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (88%) - Online optional / First trophy: July 18, 2011
  3. Rogue Legacy (12%) - No online / First trophy: July 29, 2014
  4. Shadow Complex Remastered (62%) - No online / First trophy: May 13, 2017
  5. Thumper (32%) - No online / First trophy: June 18, 2017
Edited by Surge3Beast
  • Like 2

Everyone has been added.

7 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I'll join. I'm just going to do a few for now, but I may expand it if I make it through these. I'll admit I'm not going to wait until August though. So my list may look different once the event actually starts.

Go ahead and start early if you want. It may just not reflect in the spreadsheet later.