SURPASS YOUR LIMITS! A Year-Long Backlog Challenge!

Good luck to everybody!

Not really sure if I will participate. I will look up my list if there are enough games I want to Play and plat :D 

@jem Can I join after the Event starts or do you not take any more participants after 5th of August?

19 minutes ago, Inuty said:

Good luck to everybody!

Not really sure if I will participate. I will look up my list if there are enough games I want to Play and plat :D 

@jem Can I join after the Event starts or do you not take any more participants after 5th of August?

You can start after. The start date is mostly for people to have time to decide what to play without feeling rushed (that and I don't have access to most of my list until the start date).

Hollow Fragment story clear (SAO RE; HF at 77%)

797624ffaa86791e57840993134445eb15324027

I was surprised then ``Put to the Test`` Trophy popped, I was

e7ff8ee75f703e3cb30966ec5b05d27715317521

I thought I had to go into that Hollow Area with a Garden place and clear the Quest-line there.

Still a Victory.

WeeNaughtyFalcon-size_restricted.gif

Now onward to the Grind and Endings. after some rest.

• Like 1

I'd like to join. I just have a few games for now, but I might expand the list if I get through these early. :>

1. Tales of Innocence R / テイルズ オブ イノセンス R (8%)

Rarity: 11.51% Rare

The last Tales of plat to complete my collection. I imported it a while ago but I've been putting it off until I felt more comfortable with my Japanese. Now is the time! There's no trophy guides written for it but I should be able to get the plat without one. Might write it myself if it's not going to be too much of a pain in the butt.

2. Toukiden: Kiwami (50%)

Rarity: 2.04% Ultra Rare

I really like this game and I already have around 120 hours in it. I was playing it with my bf but we stopped shortly after completing the story. He's not into trophies so I have to do the rest of the grind on my own and I just haven't felt like it. Some of the trophies are pretty daunting but I'm sure once I start playing again I won't be able to put it down.

3. Bioshock (7%)

Rarity: 15.80% Rare

I got frustrated with this one because my spatial awareness is garbage and I get lost quickly without a mini map or a radar. Like, I walk into a room, shoot some baddies, and by the time I'm done I forget where I came from. On top of that I found it very unnatural to aim/shoot with a controller. So I was super flustered and I haven't played it since. I want to complete it though since it's my boyfriend's favourite series and I promised it would.

4. LittleBigPlanet 3 (23%)

Rarity: 2.17% Ultra Rare

Another one that I played with friends but haven't continued since completing the story. I didn't even get the story trophies or the one for playing every level with another player because I wasn't Player 1 when we played. I'm not into platformers at all and I'm bad at them too, I'll be impressed with myself if I actually manage to ace every level.

5. Dragon Age: Inquisition (34%)

Rarity: 6.86% Very Rare

Has it ever happened to you that you really liked one game, but then you realized you were nearing the end and just stopped playing it because you didn't want it to be over? This is my game. I'm not even far into the story, I spent most of my time doing side quests and it hit me when I found the 8th dragon. Hopefully I'll actually complete this game one day.

Edited by Xillia
  • Like 4

With 15 participants now, we have more than enough people to warrant a statistics page, so there's now one at the bottom of the opening post. Since this isn't a competitive event, I won't be frequently checking everyone's profile. If someone has an update to make, he/she needs to post it here. That being said, feel free to slap on more games to your list leading up to and during the event.

If your name has an star next to it, that means that you're going for DLC trophies as well. Unless someone actually mentioned DLC trophies when signing up, I didn't take them into account. If I missed anything, go ahead and point it out.

I will totally be joining this! I don't have a huge backlog since well...I've only had a ps4 for a couple years and only recently acquired a vita and a ps3. However, I do have some games I would like to plat! The statistics will be fun for me since I only have one plat right now. Given I've always thought most games were impossible to plat but I finally decided to join the hunt!

1) Ni no Kuni (PS3) - 2% Complete lol

It's funny because I got this on PS Now when I get my PS4 so I'm assuming the save will still transfer over to a physical copy on my PS3 if I'm still using the same account...if not that's fine not the end of the world. I feel like I had at least 10 hours on the game but I only have 2 tropheis so now I'm questioning that LOL

2) Stardew Valley (PS4/Vita) - 21% Complete

One of my favorite games! Really want to get around to trying to platinum it to prove my love for the game! I have it on 3 systems now. I remember following the game's development for 5 years before it came out. I remember watching the countdown on Steam before it came out. Unfortunately I was never able to support the dev during the process since I was in middle school and HS since NO JOB. It came out the year I graduated I believe so I finally was able to buy it. I think on all my systems I collectively have like 200 hours on the game...

3) Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) - 38% Complete

A relatively easily plat from the looks of it. I just really want to beat this game! I got it for PS4 since I didn't have the vita so I will be playing the PS4 remastered version. Seems like it'd be a lot more fun on the vita though! (As of now not doing DLC...though I think its easy lol)

4) Kingdom Hearts (PS4) - 21% Complete

I feel like this will be a toughy for me for some reason. I'm not sure why it just seems the scariest to me LOL (also I have yet to beat any KH game so....woops)

5) Persona 5 (PS4) - 27% Complete

Really wanna get this game completed and platinum'd! The only persona I have yet to actually beat. Reminds me to pick up the other ones on my Vita later...(1 & 2)

Edited by KawaiiSlowpoke
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jem said:

If your name has an star next to it, that means that you're going for DLC trophies as well. Unless someone actually mentioned DLC trophies when signing up, I didn't take them into account. If I missed anything, go ahead and point it out.

Ah, I didn't mention it but I'll also be going for the DLC in my games that have it (Bioshock, LBP3, DA:I). 

I'll embark on this

1. Mortal kombat 9 - (46/51)

my kung fu is stronger and ladder master can go to hell lol.

2. Dragon age inquisition-(2/51) stupid nightmare mode or do long play thrus

3. The witcher 3 - (1/53)

stupid death March or do 2 long playthrus

4. Batman Arkham knight- (4/65)

depending on challenge rooms and new game plus

5. Dokuro -(5/31)

sometimes platformers get the best of ya

6. Watch dogs 1 - (29/40)

damn drinking games

7. Call of duty modern warfare 2 - (40/51) damn missions and running the training course

8. Sound shapes -(79/89)

I hate the death mode levels that are left and want to throw my controller

9. Rise of the tomb raider -(54/60) damn challenge maps.

10. Puyo puyo tetris- (4/43)

bad at adventure mode

Edited by malachi1987
  • Like 1

Okay, sure, why not? There are a couple of games I'd love to put away and bury in the grave. :D

Pokemon01.jpg
Not my fanart, but I am sure they would love to be promoted. :)

So I'll join this event. I'm even going to have a theme, having my list of games have their first letters spell out a name of a Pokemon, the famous P--

tumblr_o0fmycVL4G1u3e4cro1_540.gif Psy?

Okay, to be honest, I didn't have enough backlog for PIKACHU so here is my list for the year-long journey to conquer these asshat games!

(While I don't have some of these on my backlog, I have backlogged them on other accounts so I feel that it should count as backlog.)

Me8e6a2.png
(1) Persona 4 Golden

I can get this online for cheap, or even cheaper if the GameStop still has a physical copy for $20. I really enjoyed the gameplay and, since I don't like unskippable cutscenes, this game delivers on being the perfect speedrun game because you can just fast-forward through all of the long cutscenes but not fast enough to enjoy it if you want. Also, my favorite Persona dungeon is Void Quest because it reminds me of the old NES RPGs like Dragon Warrior/Quest.

The only thing that ruined it for me was this b**** of a trophy, even though I was told again and again here in my old accounts that this was not bad.

2018-2019 will be the year I finally prove I am indeed a Hardcore Risette Fan because I got everything else the second time I attempted this game. (To be fair, if I ever want to get a girlfriend, they have to impress me by cosplaying as Rise at the earliest con. That or Yukimaru from Disgaea 2, and they have to end their words with 'zam.' xD) (Actually, my Persona 4 waifu is actually Naoto Shirogane because she's a detective. I have a thing for femme-gumshoes because I read a lot of murder mysteries. Involving cats. No, that doesn't mean I care about Persona 5. Sorry, Morgana. :()

M1db6fc.png

(2) Shantae Half-Genie Hero

I can get the platinum easily, but the reason this is on the list is because I am going to do the DLC as well because I hate leaving a platinum at 46%. That means doing the dreaded Friends to the End DLC, which is going to make me rage quit a lot. Give me all your energy, Shantae, so I can beat your Nega Shantae form with your stupid friends! (Except Skye, she's super cool and I would totally have married her despite her father's tendencies to... uhm... kill her boyfriends by his stupidity.)

M148c75.png

(3) Yooka-Laylee

I love this game. It makes me cry that Sony didn't get their foot in the door with Rare and steal them from Microsoft so that Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie would have trophy support. Still, some of the pagies are so frustrating to earn. I'm talking about Rextro, I hate his digital butt. But I don't want him or Kartos (f*** the Cashino) to ruin my enjoyment of this game's aspects so I am going to finally get the plat for this game EVEN IF I DIE DOING IT. ?

M2a4b18.png

(4) Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

I was going to do Absence of Justice which is way harder because I am getting a used PS3, but then remembered that I won't get that PS3 until the 11th because my parents will be out of town and they are my main transport. (I could use Uber but I am getting paid to tend their mutts and I want to use all those cash bonuses I will get afterwards to pay for the PS3, not spend bank money on it.) So I am going to plat the Vita version of Disgaea 3. Not that it's worse but I'm going to drain most of the event on those stupid Item World and Class World survival challenges. :(

Mee5f96.png

(5) Unravel

I have this on another library, I just need to download it. The Yarny aspects are probably going to strangle me, but it's supposed to be a short game and the whole "yarn memories" thing is intriguing. Also, because Unravel 2's demo came out at E3, I should at least support the devs. :)

M74a70a.png

(6) Catlateral Damage

Gawrsh, I hate this game. I hate this game so much. So many stupid trophies, I don't want to play this game ever again, but it's about cats, and I love cats... even if the ones on this title look like polygon blobs of unholy abominations. :P

M04c91c.png

(7) Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories (1.5+2.5 Remix)

Well, I have all of the other games on my Backlog Pyramid, this game needs some care too, even if it's said to be the black sheep of the series trophy-wise. Yep, I'm going to be whacking them pumpkins in Rabbit's house until I get 16,000 points, so help me Lugia! :(

For the record, @jem, I will not start early because I have other games I have for other events and I don't know if I have enough money in my bank account to pay for all of the Vita games, which will put me out about $100. (I could get the games from GameStop but, again, I'd have to wait until the 11th to get to GameStop.)

EDIT: After watching a bunch of players completing crushing the any% in a tournament format, and since this is about surpassing my limits and not just cheaping on them, I decided to fix the second game to something more rage inducing and fun to play. Don't get me wrong, Sly Cooper is still on the menu somewhere else, but I love the half-genie hero a lot more. ^_^

Edited by DragonQuest238

52 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

So I'll join this event.

I don't want to be rude, but you do realize that this event is a year long, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you haven't stayed on the same profile for an entire year in quite some time, have you? I can't stop you from joining, but don't expect to be able to join under a new account halfway through.

Everyone else will be updated shortly.

• Like 1

Going to rework my list a bit

The perfect song for then I SURPASS MY LIMITS to fight Gods and Beyond Gods enemies.

Spoiler

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment

Progress: Starting 48% Current 84%

Currently running a Let`s play for the series. it's the most grindiest of the series.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song

Progress: 33%

Sequel to Hollow Fragment

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

Progress: 0%

Sequel to Lost Song

Accel World vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight

Crossover between Accel World and SAO

Mugen Souls

Progress: 37%

Mugen Souls, well until I saw Dragon`s Let`s play about it, I might not have the will and want to do this this year or the next. It`s going to be a very grindiy ride.

Mugen Souls Z

Progress: 15%

Won`t do it until I`m done with the Prequel.

Touhou Genso Wanderer

Progress: 1%

I wanted to try to plat this game before getting the Remake/Update.

Tales of Xillia

Progress: 27%

After Mugen Souls, I was thinking of returning to this game. I only have to do Jube`s story and if I`am lucky kill the remaining to add to the MonDex.

Tales of Xillia 2

Progress: 14%

Sequel to Xillia

Tales of Zestiria

Progress: 6%

The one Tales of Game you can`t walk around as your waifu

Tales of Berseria

Prequel to Zestiria

Tales of Symphonia

Prequel to Tales of Phantasia

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Progress: 31%

Sequel to Symphonia

Tales of Hearts R

A easy Tales of game or so I heard.

Tales of Graces f

Progress: 39%

With Time Attack Bosses, this might take a while.

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Progress: 18%

Might be Easyer, but there`s no Guide for it.

Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce

Progress: 25%

The Last Eng dub Warriors game I have left to plat.

Warriors: Legends of Troy

Progress: 45%

Need to find the right items to get the Game breaker items.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

I do this once I`am done with Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match

Progress: 11%

I love the anime and Ailce

Spoiler

3e9.gif

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Progress: 91%

I only have to max out friendship with all instructors but Hit, Bojack, and Zamasu, Finish all stories and Free Battles in the Hero Colosseum and Surpass my Limits by Fighting Goku Ultra Instinct if I`am unlucky

Rabi-Ribi

Progress: 2%

This game is like Mega Man with a cute Rabbit girl instead. I`am looking forward to return to this game.

Omega Quintet

I`am going to make a LP of it in next month or August.

Batman: Arkham Origins

Progress: 50%

Prequel to Arkham Asylum and I`m done with the online S***

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Progress: 0%

Gaiden to Arkham Origins

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Progress: 67%

I always wanted to plat a Batman Arkham as I like Series and Batman.

Batman: Arkham City

Progress: 60%

Sequel to Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham Knight

Progress: 2%

Sequel to Arkham City and last game in the Batman Arkham Series

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Progress: 64%

The new Dragon Ball game and it`s fun and Funny, lots of Fan-Service in it. once I plat I plan to help others with Online part as Area Fights is dead and lots of Ring fight maniacs is in it.

Spoiler

a16b2d1917b3ccada366c07e0970392215318953

421e763cd903ab9cc6e7284f3f43557f15318953

f0f9bdb70e15e1bc005fb5e0797ab26115318953

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle

Progress: 41%

Might be my first Bullet Hell Touhou game if I ever learn to find best way to win without dying

Digimon All-Star Rumble

Progress: 12%

The Last Digimon Fighting game ever I hope!

The Asterisk War: Phoenix Festa

Progress: 7%

The only reason I`m willing to clear this madness!

Spoiler

tumblr_nxt4x5eEIU1rd6sdio1_500.gif

Crash Bandicoot 1.2.3

CB 1 Progress: 23%

CB 2 Progress: 12%

CB 3 Progress: 2%

Crash Bandicoot is hard for me at least, but I`am going to wait until I`m plat all Three Spyro games before trying all three again

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Progress: 58%

One of My Favorite PS2 games.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Sequel to Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

Progress: 49%

Might have to get a boost controller as the :triangle: mashing is impossible for me.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Progress: 60%

This game is going to be a Challenge.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Progress: 21%

Of all the Dragon Ball games, I hate this one, I`am still going to plat it one way or the other.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

Progress: 58%

The Game even the Trophy Advisor advices me to save for last and I get why.

My Challenge theme is mostly to Finish game series.

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jem said:

I don't want to be rude, but you do realize that this event is a year long, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you haven't stayed on the same profile for an entire year in quite some time, have you? I can't stop you from joining, but don't expect to be able to join under a new account halfway through.

I do realize that the event is a year long. But I intend to stay on this profile for longer than a year and I promise I won't try to join this event again if I break my promise and create a new account. To be honest, I am going to work very hard to stay on this account permanently by deleting any and all account that I have cleared any games on that I wanted to clear. By doing this I would to have actually re-purchase the games on my new account and I cannot afford to repurchase games like Ni no Kuni 2 because they are expensive and I don't have the money to spare. (In fact, I only have enough money in my bank until August 3 to buy one DLC pack and still have enough for groceries tomorrow because I spent way too much money on stuff for non-PS4 computer games.) So it will give a punishment incentive not to try to "start fresh" like Ash Ketchum does on the show EVERY. FLIPPING. SEASON. (How the hell is he ever gonna be a Pokemon champion if he keeps resetting his team to just Pikachu every season! I know they're mimicking the games where the player starts with a starter Pokemon but sheesh! :() Because if I start ANOTHER account in two months, I will have to BUY. EVERY. GAME. AGAIN.

Is that proof enough that I am sick and tired of trophy hunting the same games over and over and want to commit to something?

1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

Going to rework my list a bit

The perfect song for then I SURPASS MY LIMITS to fight Gods and Beyond Gods enemies.

Reveal hidden contents

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment

Progress: Starting 48% Current 84%

Currently running a Let`s play for the series. it's the most grindiest of the series.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song

Progress: 33%

Sequel to Hollow Fragment

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

Sequel to Lost Song

Accel World vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight

Crossover between Accel World and SAO

Mugen Souls

Progress: 37%

Mugen Souls, well until I saw Dragon`s Let`s play about it, I might not have the will and want to do this this year or the next. It`s going to be a very grindiy ride.

Mugen Souls Z

Progress: 15%

Won`t do it until I`m done with the Prequel.

Touhou Genso Wanderer

I wanted to try to plat this game before getting the Remake/Update.

Tales of Xillia

Progress: 27%

After Mugen Souls, I was thinking of returning to this game. I only have to do Jube`s story and if I`am lucky kill the remaining to add to the MonDex.

Tales of Xillia 2

Sequel to Xillia

Tales of Zestiria

Progress: 6%

The one Tales of Game you can`t walk around as your waifu

Tales of Berseria

Prequel to Zestiria

Tales of Symphonia

Prequel to Tales of Phantasia

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Progress: 31%

Sequel to Symphonia

Tales of Hearts R

A easy Tales of game or so I heard.

Tales of Graces f

Progress: 39%

With Time Attack Bosses, this might take a while.

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Progress: 18%

Might be Easyer, but there`s no Guide for it.

Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce

Progress: 25%

The Last Eng dub Warriors game I have left to plat.

Warriors: Legends of Troy

Progress: 45%

Need to find the right items to get the Game breaker items.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

I do this once I`am done with Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match

I love the anime and Ailce

Reveal hidden contents

3e9.gif

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Progress: 91%

I only have to max out friendship with all instructors but Hit, Bojack, and Zamasu, Finish all stories and Free Battles in the Hero Colosseum and Surpass my Limits by Fighting Goku Ultra Instinct if I`am unlucky

Rabi-Ribi

Progress: 2%

This game is like Mega Man with a cute Rabbit girl instead. I`am looking forward to return to this game.

Omega Quintet

I`am going to make a LP of it in next month or August.

Batman: Arkham Origins

Progress: 50%

Prequel to Arkham Asylum and I`m done with the online S***

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Progress: 0%

Gaiden to Arkham Origins

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Progress: 67%

I always wanted to plat a Batman Arkham as I like Series and Batman.

Batman: Arkham City

Progress: 60%

Sequel to Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham Knight

Progress: 2%

Sequel to Arkham City and last game in the Batman Arkham Series

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Progress: 64%

The new Dragon Ball game and it`s fun and Funny, lots of Fan-Service in it. once I plat I plan to help others with Online part as Area Fights is dead and lots of Ring fight maniacs is in it.

Reveal hidden contents

a16b2d1917b3ccada366c07e0970392215318953

421e763cd903ab9cc6e7284f3f43557f15318953

f0f9bdb70e15e1bc005fb5e0797ab26115318953

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle

Progress: 41%

Might be my first Bullet Hell Touhou game if I ever learn to find best way to win without dying

Digimon All-Star Rumble

Progress: 12%

The Last Digimon Fighting game ever I hope!

The Asterisk War: Phoenix Festa

Progress: 7%

The only reason I`m willing to clear this madness!

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_nxt4x5eEIU1rd6sdio1_500.gif

Crash Bandicoot 1.2.3

CB 1 Progress: 23%

CB 2 Progress: 12%

CB 3 Progress: 2%

Crash Bandicoot is hard for me at least, but I`am going to wait until I`m plat all Three Spyro games before trying all three again

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Progress: 58%

One of My Favorite PS2 games.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Sequel to Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

Progress: 49%

Might have to get a boost controller as the :triangle: mashing is impossible for me.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Progress: 60%

This game is going to be a Challenge.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Progress: 21%

Of all the Dragon Ball games, I hate this one, I`am still going to plat it one way or the other.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

Progress: 58%

The Game even the Trophy Advisor advices me to save for last and I get why.

My Challenge theme is mostly to Finish game series.

o.O is it even physically possible to complete your list in a year?

Edited by Xillia

1 hour ago, Xillia said:

o.O is it even physically possible to complete your list in a year?

It might be impossible to clear them all in a year, heck it might even take life time clear so I be happy with clearing one or two series in a year.

• Like 1

Even if I don't get added, I'll still make it a personal goal to clear the PSYDUCK list. I already started by getting six trophies in Shantae: Half-Genie Hero by finally purchasing the last DLC(Friends to the End) and earning a few of the DLC trophies. I couldn't get all of the miscellaneous ones because of the bird one. (Skye's attack seagull takes a lot of patience to dodge for sixty seconds.) I just used trash files to get these, will be working on the main quest and Pirate Queen's quest to get all four win screens in them.

Earned these trophies:

• Ret 2 Go! (Started the main game so I could unlock Hero Mode, will be going through this as fast as possible with as little collecting as possible but will try to get some heart containers so I don't get Game Over all the time)
  • That's Using Your Head (easy trophy, Rottytop's zombie head was a powerful weapon)
  • Half-Wit Hero (half-wit is right! Trying to kill 20 enemies using the grapple was annoying as heck as you can't use it while ducking so I couldn't kill the crabs in Stage 1-1)
  • Ninja Vanish! (Easy, got it in the very beginning without going forward)
  • Switch it up! (The hardest costume pack trophy to get, I had to go to Stage 1-2 to find enough Tinkerbats to crush)
  • SPF 250 (I just AFK and took a shower while plopping Shantae in front of a sunscreen bottle in Stage 1-1 and letting her collect it and collect it again as it respawned. ^_^)

All right, I'm in. Here's what I'll be attempting to platinum:

1. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS3) (Platinum rarity 1.28%, 21% completed)

AND
2. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita) (Platinum rarity 2.00%, 65% completed)

Online Necessary: Servers are closed.

Last year I got the Everybody's Golf platinum for the PS4. It was VR at the time but has quickly degraded and is now firmly in UR territory at 4.63%. Since the servers were closing for both versions I did the one necessary trophy for the PS3 version and while playing that recently, I got one of the trophies that had, at the time, eluded me the entire time I played the Vita version of the game (one of the trick shot trophies). Since I had to do many of those to get the trophies in the PS4 version I think I can apply what I did previously to these and finally finish them off for good.

3. Tricky Towers (Platinum rarity 1.10%, 51% completed)

Online Necessary: Yes

I have 49/50 of the trials completed. Every time I try Trial #50 I have not been able to get anything going due to the randomness of the obstacles the game keeps imposing on you. Not to mention that the hardest trophy wants you to complete it without losing a life. Then there's the 99 bricks challenge again with only one life, and the speed precision trophy. Most of the lower rarity trophies are just multiplayer stuff I haven't bothered to get, I did a few of them with a friend earlier but he doesn't really play this game that much.

4. Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (Platinum rarity 1.18%, 59% completed)

Online Necessary: No

Again with the above example, I have 49/50 of the missions completed and have struggled many times to beat the final boss and have only gotten to the final part of it once. The boss has seven phases to get through with only one life (again) and while I can pass the first four phases very easily it's usually the 5th or 6th phase that kills me. That doesn't even count the Retro trophy which involves getting 10 million points on one of the classic stages again without losing a life, probably the hardest trophy in the game.

5. Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version (Platinum rarity 20.01%, 96% completed)

A high platinum rate and completion amount. However, I've had a lot of problems trying to complete the 25 Oni songs required for the platinum, which is also the last trophy I need here. I was at 13/25 last I checked, and that includes the trick that the guide over at the other site recommended. I think I jumped too quickly into Oni mode and might need to practice the earlier difficulties before I go back in there again.

6. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X  (Platinum rarity 5.77%, 91% completed)

Just one cloud request left, and if you've played the game you know which one is left. I did the 200k one without too much of a problem but 211k has been out of reach for quite some time now and the triple effects certainly don't help matters.

7. Croixleur Sigma (Platinum rarity 7.69%, 45% completed)

I really liked playing this game, but I became stuck because I couldn't beat the second character's story mode in under ten minutes. It was easy enough to do it with the first character, but the second one has more enemies to beat on her mode and it takes much longer than what is needed for the trophy, and finishing that would finally unlock the extra mode so I could actually see how the game finally ends, as well as the additional challenge mode themes to finish those off.

8. DJMAX Respect (Platinum rarity 3.41%, 41% completed)

Online Necessary: Yes

Not going for the DLC in this one, took one look at the video Walt posted earlier and I'm definitely not going through that mess. I have improved a lot from when I started this game and could barely pass some 3* tracks in 4B mode, though I still have a lot of work to do to complete 30 tracks over 10* with a max combo. The highest star rating I've gotten a max combo on is a 7* I think. While most of the trophies I'll get just while I continue playing, the really challenging ones like the above example and clearing 50 missions will be the real test.

Might add more at a later date, but these should take me the majority of a year just to finish, I think.

• Like 1

*sees himself on the list* Okay, so I'm added. Guess I'd better start the journey because they say that "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

I won't be able to get either Vita game right now(only had $40 in the bank and $40 in cash and I have to wait until Friday) but I am going to at least download Catlateral Damage and Yooka-Laylee.

250px-Psy-Psyduck!.png?version=f625f6a33 Surpassing The PSYDUCK Limits (I apologize for the image, I promise I won't put it up in future updates)

1Sbe6201.png 0% (not available yet)

1Sc464d7.png 7% (6 of 65)

1S6dd61d.png 0% (not downloaded yet, will do so soon)

1S675c17.png 0% (not available yet)

1Sd85f83.png 0% (not downloaded yet, will do so soon)

1S929415.png 0% (not downloaded yet, will do so soon)

1S22745e.png 0% (not started yet)

I only started Shantae but I will spending a bit of time each week working on a couple of the games. I promise the above list will not stay in this condition for very long. ;)

On 7/17/2018 at 8:19 PM, jem said:

we're trying to clear our backlogs, not expand them

jem, for the record, while purchasing two Vita games does expand my backlog a tad, I want to state for the record that I have trophies earned on these two games on a very old account. So technically, they are backlog. :D

Here's where I had gotten almost all of the P4G trophies...

And here are my Disgaea 3 Vita trophies on that same account.

Edited by DragonQuest238

Oh this sounds like a great event. The games I’d want to do, I hope to be able to tackle as milestones (such as another two playthroughs for P4G which is probably going to be #100) and are a far way off. Good luck to everyone that participates!

Oh, hey. 1 year, huh? I'm in  :D

~Enters backlog crypt~

1. Final Fantasy XIII  (8.47)

Last Played: June 2014

25/36 (55%)

Borrowed from a friend, who, i believe, was in a clear attempt of getting rid of it. After mastering the roles, i was tired and extremely inclined to return the game rather than anything else. It’s been ages, time to come back.

2. Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (3.12)

Last Played: June 2015

18/51 (26%)

Never got fully along with the gameplay, which almost gave me a heart attack back in the day, so it’s the perfect title for this event, because i wouldn’t be playing otherwise.

3. Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (3.08)

Last Played: December 2015

2/51 (2%)

Big fan of the series, did everything possible in D2, and D3 was one of the titles i had in mind when i bought the console. High prices made me wait quite a deal to play, so when i got it i immediately went for it without thinking much ahead. I was super busy that time of year and eventually dropped. Anxious to return.

4. Dark Souls II (15.64)

Last Played: February 2016

29/38 (71%)

Doesn’t get much love, but is my final hurdle to finish the Souls business on PS3. It cost me a teeth (long story), so it can’t get more personal. If i jumped right into NG+ i believe i had the platinum soon after, but i decided to cleanup when things were easier, then Vendrick and the lack of Humanity to face Darklurker got in the way.

5. Batman: Arkham Asylum (9.71)

Last Played: August 2016

35/48 (68%)

Including this, so i can get back on track on the Hard run, and be fully prepared for the challenges. Enjoyed the series so much and want the platinum to at least one of them.

6. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (12.74)

Last Played: October 2016

15/20 (70%)

Two years is enough to lift the veil of rage, i think. Sand Wraith glitch in my Hard run and save corruption on Easy, enough reasons to overlook this forever. But... Let’s give another go, you know.

7. Catherine (2.19)

Last Played: October 2016

3/50 (4%)

Same as Disgaea, didn’t had the proper time to focus. I liked what i saw.

8. Legend of Kay Anniversary (9.73)

Last Played: December 2016

21/26 (75%)

Played the original to exhaustion. So it puzzled the hell out of me when i was getting mauled to death repeatedly on Nightmare difficulty. Time to recover the skill of the Ps2 days and Surpass My Limits.

9. Mass Effect (6.82)

Last Played: May 2017

23/47 (55%)

Another good one for the event. Amazing title, but the pace and long loadings are a mood killer in the long run. Final push incoming.

10. Star Ocean: The Last Hope -International- (0.90)

Last Played: March 2018

31/47 (54%)

My initial plan was to play this without long breaks. Then the brutal nature of some BTs started to show. You blink, and done, five months since last trophy, it happens with the best of us. Still enjoyable, and i have no problem with grinding issues. Only a question of time.

11. Tales of Symphonia (2.65)

Last Played: June 2018

27/40 (54%)

One of my all time favorites. I’m currently at NG+ (still a long way to go), in a Title matter, the only difficult one standing is the infamous Gung Ho, aside from that is just affection value manipulation for everything until the very end.

12. LittleBigPlanet 2 (3.52)

Last Played: July 2018

35/47 (57%)

Very time consuming, but i’m pushing through because LBP3 is sitting on my backlog with no trophies earned. Just like the first, the community aspect presents a challenge quite like acing levels. It’ll be nice fitting this between the others in this list.

That's pretty much it. Titles are not in play order. Dark Souls II will be my starting point.

• Like 1

I forgot to update yesterday but here ya go:

On 7/31/2018 at 3:51 PM, DragonQuest238 said:

1Sbe6201.png 0% (not available yet)

1Sc464d7.png 7% (6 of 65)

1S6dd61d.png 24% (13 of 36)

1S675c17.png 0% (not available yet)

1Sd85f83.png 0% (not downloaded yet, will do so soon)

1S929415.png 19% (12 of 33)

1S22745e.png 0% (not started yet)

Knocked out all of the easy trophies in Yooka-Laylee and got most of the Pagies and all of the Ghost Writers in Tribalstack Tropics(also expanding the world in the process); I plan on tackling each world carefully. Got the basic Rextro and the Kartos challenge of Tribalstack out of the way too, will come back to beat Rextro's high scores in each world only after I get every other Pagie. Tomorrow I am going to go purchase the two Vita games on this list. I know I have a full 365 days to get all of these platinums so I shouldn't try to get too many trophies before August 5, but it doesn't hurt to get some easy trophies out of the way so I can focus on the really rage-quitting frustration-inducing trophies because with all of the stuff I have on my plate, it will take months to get some of these games platinumed.

Also got some easy trophies in Catlateral Damage two days ago. I should had updated with that as well. xD

Edited by DragonQuest238

I'd like to join! I was kind of planning to do something like this anyway. I'll probably start after I finish the new MMX collection stuff which should be in a few days anyway.

My list is in the order of priority. I'll put my personal estimated difficulty, but no idea if they will line up with reality. Keeping in mind I think they will all be challenging to a degree, these are more like tiers of difficulty relative to each other rather than a 1/5 or 2/5 ratings being easy. Purely based on my own intuition!

1. Devil May Cry 4 SE

Rating: 5/5

I've been working on the series this past month or so after getting really hyped for the DMC5 announcement. The first three aren't really that bad and I finished them without much issue, but DMC4 wants you to do basically everything: Bloody Palace with everyone (and doing Bloody Palace well in some cases, like getting an S rank or beating Dante at the end with no damage), all S ranks for all missions in all modes, stuff like that. Even as someone who generally loves these games I think it will be a challenge and definitely a grind.

2. Nights into Dreams

Rating: 3/5

I actually have one trophy to get here, but it requires getting A ranks in all the stages. I've always wanted to get really good at Nights so I figure now is as good of a time as any. Maybe it won't be so bad? But I've certainly never A ranked anything past the first level in my previous playthroughs.

3. Crazy Taxi

Rating: 2/5

Really I kinda just wanna knock out as many old Sega games as I can, haha. Apparently this one isn't supposed to be too bad if you can get a hang of the drifting and its more advanced mechanics. It's just in my experience, getting a hang of the drifting is really hard! And so are some of the advanced things! But maybe I can surpass my limits and activate Ultra Driftstinct. 

4. Rez Infinite

Rating: 2/5

I love Rez and actually did all the achievements on the 360 version a long time ago. The PS4 list is pretty similar, but it's definitely a fairly challenging grind and I've forgotten a lot since then. Plus there's now an entirely new level that I know basically nothing about with its own trophy stuff tied to it.

5. Tales of Symphonia

Rating: 4/5

This is one I don't think will be hard in terms of like skill level so much as a long and potentially tedious journey. I've read that this one takes lots of playthroughs and lots of keeping track of stuff across all of them. But I really loved this game growing up so I'd like to 100% it! We'll see!

6. Downwell

This is a really cool indie game that I fell in love with a few years ago. I wanted to finish it on hard mode but it was just too hard! There's some randomness to it as well in terms of the weapons and upgrades you get, but I think for the most part it will really boil down to gitting gud. Would really like to do this but who knows if luck is on my side.

7. Metal Gear Solid 2 

My favorite Metal Gear game, I've always wanted to do everything it has to offer. But I already know it will be a challenge: getting all the dog tags requires taking out virtually every guard in every difficulty, the VR missions are no slouch, and I'm pretty sure I have to do that Metal Gear Ray fight on Extreme and that won't be a fun time.

8. Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions

Rating: 1/5

Maybe this one isn't so bad? I definitely never really heard anyone say its hard and the rarity on the site isn't too impressive. But for some reason I remember there being a lot of annoying stuff tied to like how the stages rank you. And I think there's lots of collectibles and stuff. It mostly just annoys me that this is the only Spider-Man thing I don't have a platinum for and I'd like to knock it out before the new PS4 one so maybe I'll move it up.

9. Sonic Unleashed

Kind of the same deal as Spidey on this one. I'm pretty sure this is the only real Sonic game I don't have 100% on so I'd like to finish it. This one I know is rough though, from all the collectibles and grinding to having to speedrun the hour-long last stage without dying 3 times. Plus the PS3 port is kind of crappy and likes to freeze and drop frames so that's cool.

10. Street Fighter V

Haha, we'll see about this one. It's mostly one of those long running goals I don't know if I'll ever meet. I play it off and on all the time so this one is kind of out of the order continuity. Technically I don't have much to do. If I reach gold league in the rankings then the platinum is basically assured since I just have to grind out some ranked wins and super finishes (assuming I don't get them on the way). But having enough good ranked matches consecutively to make my way to gold league will be a challenge, requiring lots of grinding and heartbreak. Maybe someday!

Edited by DRMOGUERA
  • Like 1

Finally got a used copy of Persona 4 Golden at GameStop for $30. Sadly, they didn't have any Disgaea games other than 5, so I will have a bit before I can purchase a used copy of Disgaea 3. (They didn't even have any Disgaea games for PS3! The nerve!)

I am going to see if I can rent-buy Disgaea 3 Vita at GameFly and if it's cheaper than the PSN price of $40.

EDIT: Nevermind, I bought Disgaea 3 Vita digital. It was only $29.99 on PSN.

Edited by DragonQuest238