SURPASS YOUR LIMITS! A Year-Long Backlog Challenge!

On 8/2/2018 at 9:09 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

1Sbe6201.png 0% (just bought)

1Sc464d7.png 7% (6 of 65)

1S6dd61d.png 24% (13 of 36)

1S675c17.png 7% (5 of 54)

1Sd85f83.png 0% (not downloaded yet, will do so soon)

1S929415.png 19% (12 of 33)

1S22745e.png 0% (not started yet)

So I decided to start a little early on Disgaea 3 AoD because I wanted something to do while going to church(my sister took me as my parents are out of town) and did the easy trophies in this title. (Mainly because I got stuck in Kett's Manor in Adventures of Mana so I'll have to warp out and try again :() The only game I don't plan on starting right away is Unravel.

Also, it's a good thing I put Shantae in this list because...

More DLC trophies! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaay... :(

Edited by DragonQuest238

19 minutes ago, jem said:

If anyone's wondering where I've been, I've been super busy the past few days making the most out of the last few days of my internship. I hoped to update everyone today and have a great start to this event, but the power went out as soon as I moved back home. I have no idea how long it's going to be out, but feel free to start once the timer hits zero. Words cannot describe how irritated I am right now, but I'll be back once the power's back on.

Ugh that sucks to hear. You do have a whole year at least for this! Hopefully power is back on soon (:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jem said:

My power is BACK ON (a lot sooner than I expected) just in time for us to get started! I'll update everything later tonight, but for now, it's time to SURPASS OUR LIMITS!

Image result for yowamushi pedal imaizumi limit breaker

tenor.giftumblr_n3jn5vXF7P1qhgpc1o1_500.gif

Okay, I'm ready. I'd put on some epic battle music but I've already exceeded the bandwidth with these "borrowed' gifs. xD

I'd like to join

1. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Guide Difficulty - 7/10
Personal Difficulty - 9/10
Online Necessary - No

Scariest Trophy - Time's Teller / The Adventurer: Terra
This boss.  I'm pretty close to finishing this game and I've done most of the "annoying" parts.  All I have left is some decently easy cleanup and one boss (3 times).  I faced Unknown Figure so many times and lost.  So I shelved the game.  But I'm SO CLOSE.  So I want to keep trying and beat him.  I'm worried, though, since I have to beat him three times...

2. Beyond: Two Souls
Guide Difficulty - 3/10
Personal Difficulty - 3/10
Online Necessary - No

Scariest Trophy - None
This game I just...haven't gotten back too.  I also don't own it, I played my friends copy so hopefully I see her within this year so we can clean up the trophies together.

Only two for now but I will try to make some progress on Kingdom Hearts as well, just don't think I'm going to intend to plat it just yet.

2 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

1. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Guide Difficulty - 7/10
Personal Difficulty - 9/10
Online Necessary - No

Scariest Trophy - Time's Teller / The Adventurer: Terra
This boss.  I'm pretty close to finishing this game and I've done most of the "annoying" parts.  All I have left is some decently easy cleanup and one boss (3 times).  I faced Unknown Figure so many times and lost.  So I shelved the game.  But I'm SO CLOSE.  So I want to keep trying and beat him.  I'm worried, though, since I have to beat him three times..

Were you trying to beat him on Terra? That is probably the hardest fight in the game because Terra's dash slide has no invincibility frames. Ventus and Aqua can spam their rolls and just avoid damage. Don't worry! Once you beat Mysterious Figure with Terra the other fights are not so bad and will go much faster. Trying using Thunder Surge, it gives invincibility frames and does a lot of damage to him.

May I join?

Games List:

Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster Current: 25% Goal: 100% Online?: No

There was a time I completed this 100%, albiet back in the PS2 era. Was one of my least favourite FFs, due to tonal disjoint from FFX, but still a fun game.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Current: 0% Goal: 100% Online?: Yes

I loved the original DFF and DFF 012, but I have been off put on this title, as It is heavy on online play.

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland Current: 1% Goal: 100% Online?: No

Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland Current: 1% Goal: 100% Online?: No

It's a game I never got around to completing.

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection Current: 51% Goal: 100% Online?: No

When my laptop died, it took my spreadsheet of dialogue options.

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Were you trying to beat him on Terra? That is probably the hardest fight in the game because Terra's dash slide has no invincibility frames. Ventus and Aqua can spam their rolls and just avoid damage. Don't worry! Once you beat Mysterious Figure with Terra the other fights are not so bad and will go much faster. Trying using Thunder Surge, it gives invincibility frames and does a lot of damage to him.

Sadly, no.  I was using Ventus (as he was the highest leveled one).  I think I tried this fight, oh 50 times already and no such luck.  I'm going to go back to it once I finish up Mary Skelter, but it's just...frusting.  And I know I'm doing it the "easiest" now since I struggle to play Aqua and Terra is the hardest.

54 minutes ago, Yomako01 said:

Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster Current: 25% Goal: 100% Online?: No

There was a time I completed this 100%, albiet back in the PS2 era. Was one of my least favourite FFs, due to tonal disjoint from FFX, but still a fun game.

I must warn you that this version of the game is not the one you played on the PS2, it's the International version which has an adventure at the end which is basically a rogue-like RPG and there is a trophy requiring you to complete that last chapter so you may struggle a bit if you don't understands Mystery Dungeon like games. That was what turned me off of getting the platinum for this game, and I loved the FFX/X-2 games and completed both in the original form.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I must warn you that this version of the game is not the one you played on the PS2, it's the International version which has an adventure at the end which is basically a rogue-like RPG and there is a trophy requiring you to complete that last chapter so you may struggle a bit if you don't understands Mystery Dungeon like games. That was what turned me off of getting the platinum for this game, and I loved the FFX/X-2 games and completed both in the original form.

It takes time, but it is a good mini-game(?). That's where I have most of the trophies thus far from. :)

1 hour ago, Yomako01 said:

It takes time, but it is a good mini-game(?). That's where I have most of the trophies thus far from. :)

Oh okay then, I'm glad you like that chapter. I am a bit reluctant to get into it because Rogue-like games tend to reset you to Level 1 and start you with no items so it takes a bit of time to get used to. Glad you got all the trophies from that. Good luck on your platinum journey! I'm going to try to get started on Persona 4 Golden from my list, just need to platinum Adventures of Mana. (Need 33 more levels from killing the elephants in the shrine. Ugh, this is tedious.)

1 minute ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Oh okay then, I'm glad you like that chapter. I am a bit reluctant to get into it because Rogue-like games tend to reset you to Level 1 and start you with no items so it takes a bit of time to get used to. Glad you got all the trophies from that. Good luck on your platinum journey! I'm going to try to get started on Persona 4 Golden from my list, just need to platinum Adventures of Mana. (Need 33 more levels from killing the elephants in the shrine. Ugh, this is tedious.)

There are some good guides out of that chapter. I ended up burning out on P4G with the final trophy (Rise's unique dialogue), leaving me with 98%. It's a great RPG :)

I added everyone a while ago, but I finally finished updating the spreadsheet. As mentioned before, people need to update on their progress here before I edit the spreadsheet further. I also added Mirror's Edge to my list because after all the time I put into it before the challenge, there's no way that I'm leaving the game behind.

My strategy right now is to pick a game at random, play it until I earn at least one trophy, and repeat. MW2 is currently out of the cycle since I don't want it as my 125th platinum, but any other Demon from Hell is fair game. It's been working out well so far.

I started out with BattleFantasia, getting two out of the three time attack trophies on my second try using Urs. I would've gotten the third if I beat End of Deathbringer on the first try, but it looks like I need a tad more training to beat him consistently.

Next was Dead or Alive 5. I spent the majority of the day yesterday beating all of the arcade difficulties (and earning a fair amount of titles along the way). I used the Lei Fang method (and Ayane when in tag-team), and while I got better with the method throughout the day, it'll be a while before I'm good enough for survival mode.

Third was Mortal Kombat. I messed around for a while, beating arcade with some folk and buying stuff in the Krypt. I realized soon enough that I was one challenge away from the last Test Your Strike challenge, so I quickly snagged that trophy.

Fourth was Skullgirls 2nd Encore. I was able to easily get the beat story mode with all characters trophy because, well, I had already beaten story mode with all characters. The trophy was glitched before, but it's thankfully patched now. I wasn't off the hook that easy though, because I got the same game twice in a row. Survival mode happened to be a joke though (using the Robo-Fortune method), so I easily got another trophy.

My current game now is Arcana Heart 3, which is why I'm typing here right now. There are no easy trophies left in that game; just an absurd mashing trophy and a highly skill-based trophy that seems incredibly daunting. I wonder which one I'll give the pleasure of torturing me first? :giggle:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

I dunno where to start I got one whole trophy from my vita game before the event but looking at the daunting grind I gave myself. But be fun to work them in as I get my vita backlog lower

I'm actually jealous of you, cuz you didn't went for DA Inquisition yet and are about to experience one hell of a game:lol:

Don't let the Nightmare run scare you, it's not difficult at all. Some dragons might kick your butt if they're in a bad mood, but that problem can be solved by simply outleveling them.

2 hours ago, zajac9999 said:

Am I still good to join this? I planned to update my post before you did the  spreadsheet but became pretty busy with work and stuff and never got round to it. 

Join whenever. The later you join, the less time you have to complete your list. That's pretty much it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sardavanua said:

I'm actually jealous of you, cuz you didn't went for DA Inquisition yet and are about to experience one hell of a game:lol:

Don't let the Nightmare run scare you, it's not difficult at all. Some dragons might kick your butt if they're in a bad mood, but that problem can be solved by simply outleveling them.

Yea I can't remember the last game that took me longer than 30 hours to do.

Can I join! (I just got Fifa 17 or is have put that in as well!)

Destiny (79%) 

i want to 100% and not just platinum and that means doing the two dlc raids on hard. Getting a fireteam is a struggle but it’s a goal! 

CoD: WW2 (33%)

Again I want to 100% but the problem is zombies! I’m not very good and again it’s difficult to find a team that can help me through.

Fifa 15 (98%)

percentage may seem high but the score from the ground trophy is ridiculous, I aim to finally get that luck based trophy and delete this game forever!

The Witched 3 (9%)

Certainly feel it’s doable looking at the percentages but I just have never been able to get into the game. I find the combat really tricky (I’m up to Skellige and deathmarch though and I hear it gets easier). 

GTA V (52%)

Again Id like to 100% but getting to level 100, the platinum awards and all of the heists seem a world away.

Bloodborne (30%) 

im struggling with the dlc (which I want to finish before the main story), having just done God of War though I’m hoping to be back into the dodgingand parrying that I’ll need to get through! 

7 hours ago, Tigerhull92 said:

Can I join! (I just got Fifa 17 or is have put that in as well!)

Destiny (79%) 

i want to 100% and not just platinum and that means doing the two dlc raids on hard. Getting a fireteam is a struggle but it’s a goal! 

CoD: WW2 (33%)

Again I want to 100% but the problem is zombies! I’m not very good and again it’s difficult to find a team that can help me through.

Fifa 15 (98%)

percentage may seem high but the score from the ground trophy is ridiculous, I aim to finally get that luck based trophy and delete this game forever!

The Witched 3 (9%)

Certainly feel it’s doable looking at the percentages but I just have never been able to get into the game. I find the combat really tricky (I’m up to Skellige and deathmarch though and I hear it gets easier). 

GTA V (52%)

Again Id like to 100% but getting to level 100, the platinum awards and all of the heists seem a world away.

Bloodborne (30%) 

im struggling with the dlc (which I want to finish before the main story), having just done God of War though I’m hoping to be back into the dodgingand parrying that I’ll need to get through! 

You can join. Do you want Fifa 17 on your list too?

I surpassed my limits already and finished Furi. That's 1 out of 4:D

L0baf17.png

@jem I'd also like to add:         

-Titan Quest                                             Starting Trophies: 16     Trophies Left: 9

-Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition   Starting Trophies: 0       Trophies Left: 27

-Divinity: Original Sin                             Starting Trophies: 0       Trophies Left: 55

They're all in my backlog already, even tho I didn't start two of them up until now. They fit well into my list, seeing that Torment: Tides of Numenera is part of it.

• Like 3