SURPASS YOUR LIMITS! A Year-Long Backlog Challenge!

Update #2 

:platinum:  L5d31a0.png :platinum:

"Bearer of the Curse

I will be always at your side

Until hope has fully withered"

It is done. Last week things went bright when i got the gesture i missed the first time in Undead Crypt and reached Aldia's Keep to receive Lucatiel's equipment, ending this impasse that was eating me.

Next in order was the covenant work. The phantom farming for the Bell Covenant was faster that i expected, which got me the final Sorcery needed. The Sun Bros Covenant was a longer labor, but i was lucky in the end, so it wasn't that stressful. Took me eight hours to get 13 Medals, and past Sunday, on a span of one hour i got the remaining 17, go figure.

The final one was the Pilgrims of the Dark, and man, Darklurker was still a pain, one mistake and you get combo'ed on the mitosis stage, above 30 effigies were spent, so much that the enemies on the Dark Chasm of Old stopped respawning, a thing that i thought wouldn't be possible on that dungeon. Ended up killing him combining Pyromancies to overload the damage at the point he skipped the mitosis entirely. With this i received the two final Hexes and clearance to beat the game again.

The NG+2 was pretty fun, because i ran through everything like i never did before in the series, to finally reach Drangleic Castle and buy the final Pyromacy and Miracles from Wellager, been a long time since i was that happy to see an NPC.

As i write this, i saw the news of the DS Trilogy announcement. Oh man... :D. Now i have all three done on ps3, and it was such a unique experience. Sadly i can't jump to the newer games yet.

The Challenge continues, i believe i'll be playing Legend of Kay next, it's the right moment to do so. Press on, everyone!

Edited by Giulian_Steel
  • Like 3

Currently taking an Internet break, but I thought I'd drop in with a small update.  Got the Navigators trophy today from No Mans Sky, which was for building an Exocraft.  Actually had a lot of fun playing today, they've definitely added some welcome improvements to the game.  I also discovered last night that I have a perma-death save already started and about 5 hours through it, so I have sent a friend request to the person running the taxi service and if everything goes to plan, I should hopefully have the 100% in NMS by the end of the coming weekend.

25L3f5169.png

• Like 1

Stardew Valley Progress Update

Sadly not the Journey of the Prairie King trophies yet, but still good progress unlocking some of the trophies that took me a long time to get (currently have 70 hours on my save file)

24Sf20d9e.png   Master Angler - This one was for catching every fish in the game; fish can be seasonal, only come out at certain times of day or under certain conditions (raining, sunshine)

36S95165a.png   Mystery of the Stardrops - Finding every star drop in the game.  Fortunately, I only actually needed one more and that was given to me for catching every fish ^_^

41S220b01.png   Protector of the Valley -  This was for completing all the monster slaying goals

This takes me up to 84% with 5 trophies (including the platinum) left to obtain - two of which are tied to Journey of the Prairie King -_-  The other two should be pretty straightforward, one is for reaching level 10 in every skill and the only one I'm not level 10 in yet is mining;  the other is for crafting every item which I need to wait until I've gotten level 10 in mining for some crafting recipes to unlock.

Overall though, pretty happy, had a fun time playing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Stardew Valley Progress Update

Sadly not the Journey of the Prairie King trophies yet

Wow, Stardew Valley is one of your SURPASSING LIMITS!!! games? I just bought the collector's edition at Gamestop for $20 and only played to Day 6, but I tried to get those trophies and I only made it past the first boss after dying a lot. Those two trophies are probably going to be the last ones I earn but I am holding off Stardew Valley for now because I have some other commitments. I think I will like this game despite it being slow. ^_^

Also, since everyone is updating, I might as well update myself:

Catlateral Damage

18Seeea4d.png8S27cb17.png14S07b5ac.png21Sb6fa90.png4S3091e8.png13S7d0110.png

Got around to this after earning my 39th platinum because I was unsure how to go about my 40th. Played a few rounds of Objective Mode and unlocked another trophy for getting the Supermarkat stage in Objective Mode. I failed miserably the first time in that stage. Sadly, nothing great yet. I got the Mewseum a couple of times and tried my best to get the Time Trial in it but unfortuately my cat wasn't upgraded in speed to get to all of the rare items in time. I am still hoping for the Pawliday stage as it is the best stage to get the Time Trial in because it's only one room. Got a few miscellanerous trophies which bumped up my completion a bit.

Shantae: Half Genie Hero

32S6ebc89.png13S2b0815.png39Scb8322.png8Sff8f9a.png9S2151ec.png19S215bb7.png40S7f1631.png16Sdee42e.png41S408e27.png33Se94258.png23Sfb0385.png34S72361e.png10Sece7bb.png11Safcb25.png12Sd2ff18.png

As you can tell by the HUGE line above, I got a ton of trophies because I basically got my ass off the chair and finally completed my first run of the story and unlocked Hero Mode. I did the Right Back at Ya! trophy on the genies in the final final boss fight. Also, I should have whacked Risky Boots a lot more with my regular attack because getting Queen of the Seven... Cheese? trophy was pure boredom. I clocked in my final time at 4 hours, 14 minutes though I could have shaved off a few had I did more normal damage to Risky Boots before going for the Mouse Bite. Also got 100% because I had to get all of the Risky items for the good ending. I might make this my 40th platinum, all I have to do is do a 100% speedrun... *looks* And do a few more miscellanerous trophies. Hold on a sec... *runs off to earn those trophies; well maybe not the Tassel Tower one, I can probably get that in my next run during the Wilbur escape sequence as I'll have Harpy on the outset and can just use flight.

I only have 7 trophies for the platinum. The remaining 13 are for DLC trophies and I am probably not going to go for them right now unless I get bored. I have decided that I won't die if I never get those DLC trophies... since I realize how very difficult it will be to 100% Ni no Kuni 2 now that they added two trophies which require you to bump up your difficulty. :(

So I'm slowly chipping away at N++.  Fun fact if you ever go for it.  At least the trophy where you have to get all the gold in a middle row episode, you dont have to do that all in one run.  Not sure if that's common knowledge or not, but hey, there ya go!

I think I'm going to add to mine (if that's cool).  I was very distracted when I wrote out the original list.  Mind you, I still wanna keep it, but I wanted to add to it with an additional entry.  If that's alright, I'll list them below.

8) Star Ocean: Till The End of Time: Easily one of my favorite RPGs from the PS2 - 2.59%

I am also making an addition to my list.

Guitar Hero Live. 65% complete.

1st trophy 26 Dec 2015. 35/50.

I want to see of I can complete the online portion before the servers shut down in December. I already unlocked one today for using 100 play tokens. I had 28 left to get through. That was after a few months ago wastimg alot of tokens to get the 18 straight songs top 5 or better. So today was just clean up. 

This is how I stand on some of the other closer trophies to grimd torwards.

Reach level 20: currently 18, half way to 19.

Play for 24 hours online: currently almost 19 hours.

Use 1000 star power: currently used about 250. 

While also going for these my mext goal is get the 50 stars on expert online. I plan is to aim for 2 stars per song. It would take me about 20 or so songs that way.

Edited by kingofbattle8174

First and Last Update before getting Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match :platinum:

I cleared the Story mode which was just a Recap of the Movie.

Did Clear Rosehip's Secret Special Training on all Difficulties just now. Now I don`t have to use that Uncontrollable Tank anymore.

Next Mission that can be difficult is Katyusha will purge you!!

Edited by Leon Castle

Everyone has been updated. Congrats to @Giulian_Steel and @Yomako01 for each slaughtering a demon from Hell, as well as to @Walt the Dog for his shiny new plat.

As for the surprise I promised, time for this thread's next mini-update! Behold! We now have a banner! I'm not the best at making these, but I think it came out adequately well. I may cycle out banners occasionally to let more characters be represented. We'll see.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jem said:

Everyone has been updated. Congrats to @Giulian_Steel and @Yomako01 for each slaughtering a demon from Hell, as well as to @Walt the Dog for his shiny new plat.

I am getting to my own demons, give it time. In fact, I am almost at getting my first platinum in Shantae. But I did put Half-Genie Hero on the list because I wanted to try to get 100% as well and the DLC trophies are brutal.

I have decided not to work on any of the other games until I get Shantae HGH and Catlateral Damage platinumed because those games aren't the worst on the list. Unravel will be started soon.

4 hours ago, jem said:

As for the surprise I promised, time for this thread's next mini-update! Behold! We now have a banner! I'm not the best at making these, but I think it came out adequately well. I may cycle out banners occasionally to let more characters be represented. We'll see.

Love the banner, dood. Having just gotten the Disgaea 5 platinum, I really like the Prinnies. Oh, and I apologize for all of the Asagi clones I was forced to extract their juices from to get my Sage strong enough to take out Carnage Dark. I know you like her a lot as evidenced by your avatar. ?

On 8/22/2018 at 11:45 PM, DragonQuest238 said:

Wow, Stardew Valley is one of your SURPASSING LIMITS!!! games? I just bought the collector's edition at Gamestop for $20 and only played to Day 6, but I tried to get those trophies and I only made it past the first boss after dying a lot. Those two trophies are probably going to be the last ones I earn but I am holding off Stardew Valley for now because I have some other commitments. I think I will like this game despite it being slow. ^_^

Yea, as much as I really enjoy the farming and exploring side of the game, I've not really focused very much on Journey of the Prairie King.  I'm OK at twin stick shooters and I could probably clear Journey of the Prairie King as the few attempts I've made haven't been so bad - world 3-2 is the furthest I've gotten - but the "without dying" trophy will be extremely challenging for me.  My plan is to play it for around an hour or so a day, just so I'm keeping the skills fresh and equally not getting burnt out.

My husband is amazing at twin stick shooters and could probably clear it for me without too much difficulty, but we have a rule where we don't get trophies for each other (unless we are playing co-op) but he has been offering helpful tips and strategies, along with plenty of moral support.

I can now say I made progress in one of my games. Decided to boot up Diablo 3 and restart the campaign from scratch. Not my character though since he was already 12th level. He is a barbarian class named Hodor. I unlocked my 1st trophy for the event too. Nothing too exciting, just the one for using the blacksmith to repair an item but it doubles my total amount of trophies to two. ? . 

Progress Update

Stardew Valley - 95%

38/41

Managed to knock out the remaining trophy for getting all the skills to level 10.  This just leaves me with the two Prairie King trophies to do -_-

No Mans Sky - 100%

I'm incredibly happy right now and also grateful for the taxi service to the center that's being run to help with that pesky perma-death and reunion trophy.  It saved me 90 hours of work and instead helped me get the 100% in around 5 minutes ^_^  

Just spent this five-day period earning only two Shantae trophies, and both of them were DLC. Completed the Officer Mode but didn't get all the win screens for it. I don't think I will bother with the DLC win screen trophies because the DLC modes are so boring. :( At least I am glad they decided not to add in DLC trophies for Jammies mode.

Will probably forget about this event come September because I'll be too busy playing Dragon Quest XI. xD

Just a small progress update, got two trophies in DJMAX Respect since the beginning of the event - finishing a song with 100% rate and clearing all songs at least once. Nightmare 4B Normal took quite a few tries to get up to that level, being a 10* song, but I managed to clear it and it's now my highest difficulty clear in the game.

I re-downloaded Croixleur Sigma as well and might give that another whirl later this week.

• Like 1

Update #3

:platinum:Lf9ac0f.png:platinum:

Sorry for the delay. This one was a few days faster than expected. I knew that bringing in some fresh DS skills could help me, and on the first day i was way beyond the point i stopped (from chapter 3 to 12). Armor is truly a invaluable asset on Nightmare, and the difficulty-peak that is chapter 13 is the testimony of that. Many multiple wave battles in a short period of time, a challenge for skills and mainly money management. Unlike the harsh beginnings, at this point the first hammer is already available, which changes a lot the combat aspect.

On a smart move, chapter 14 have almost no battles, focusing on platforming and regaining coins. At the end of that the second hammer is received, and is pretty much home free from now on, even with the whole beach and volcano areas remaining.

Once you get confortable with the hammer speed and conserve some armor points for the next battle to avoid spend much coins, things will be golden.

And i actually enjoyed the bosses on this mode, because they die too fast on lower difficulties, especially with the hammer.

On the Remaster matter, i enjoyed the visual aspect, and is pretty much it. Every technical problem of the original version were brought along, with new ones added. The camera sometimes gets out of control during boss battles, but that's minor compared to glitches who makes progression impossible, i knew some of them from the past and managed to avoid it. 

And that's it, next up i'll resume the works on Tales of Symphonia

Edited by Giulian_Steel
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 6:30 AM, Caju_94 said:

I would like to participate, but I would ask a question first... Does the event end on August 2019?

The event ends a year from the start, August 5th, 2019. Anyone can sign up before then.

Updates will be done probably tomorrow. I've been super busy this week.