SURPASS YOUR LIMITS! A Year-Long Backlog Challenge!

So time for a new update: After coming home from having dental work done on me and told that my blood pressure is too damn high and I need blood pressure medicine, I decided to protect myself from having a heart attack by removing some of my stresses and deleting some of my goals from this challenge. To start, turning my PSYDUCK into a zombie SYDC...

Psyduck.png

(This is actually from an issue of the Pokemon Adventures Manga, where Red and his Pikachu explore Lavender Tower and find undead Pokemon being animated by ghosts. It's really creepy and fit for Halloween.)

Mainly, I am going to ask that Persona 4 Golden and Unravel are removed from this list. I know that I have a full eleven months to get all of the platinums on this list, but I'm doing this more out of the fact that... well, I don't like those games. I tried Unravel on an old account and didn't enjoy the gameplay. For Persona 4 Golden, I realized that if I lost my hype of Persona 5 enough to re-trade the game to GameStop without even playing it after buying a physical copy, there was no was I was going to play Persona 4 Golden again. I didn't want to go through all the motions again. :(

(I can probably find games to replace those two. I might drop Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories too but I want to stick it out for a while as I know I got pretty far on another account.)

But there is good news...

L539f6a.png
1Md3da62.png

I danced through the danger and got my first platinum on this list! :D

Okay, I said I was going to do all of the DLC too, but decided to stop there. Did like this game, will probably pick it up again to do the DLC since you don't ned to have a Hero Mode save to get all of the trophies, and I did get at least two trophies in each of the DLC parts.

I only had to do a 100% speedrun and thanks to the guide from TheFinalEmblem, I got that done. :)

I will definitely complete Disgaea 3 for the Vita and Catlateral Damage since I am committed.

• Like 2

Finally got round to making my list of games, these are mostly ones that I've left for quite a while and are mostly pretty difficult. Hopefully I can get most of them done by the start of next August, not sure if I'll get all done, if I do then my list will be improved imo. (Not all games have plats, does that matter?)

I'm also including the plat rarity, or rarity of the rarest trophy if the game is a 100% only title.

1 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - 1.23%

2 - Trials Fusion - 0.18%

3 - Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God - 3.21%

4 - Stardew Valley - 0.65%

5 - Mortal Kombat - 0.62%

6 - Dead or Alive 5 - 0.51%

7 - Cloudberry Kingdom - 0.08% 

8 - Nuclear Throne 0.29%

9 - El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron - 2.57%

10 - Retro/Grade - 0.32%

11 - BattleFantasia - 0.54%

12 - Blazblue:CSE - 2.99%

13 - Child of Eden - 0.88%

14 - Guided Fate Paradox - 1.70% 

15 - Dragon Ball: Raging Blast - 1.25%

Looking at that list of games, I can't see myself getting them all done lol, but we'll see. 

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 1

lS9vHZI.gif Second SURPASS YOUR LIMIT! PLAT R3G2K1m.gif

8171feba7b3fa8ce9c1f40d0683bbaf715356568

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match

The Game was fun besides that Crusader Tank from Hell

The Updated Game List

Spoiler

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment

Progress: 84%

Currently running a Let`s play for the series. it's the most grindiest of the series.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Progress: 11%

As SAO HF PS4`s Save Data mysteriously disappearanced. I`m going to get a better start for the PS4 by almost clearing the PS Vita Version.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song

Progress: 33%

Sequel to Hollow Fragment

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

Progress: 0%

Sequel to Lost Song

Accel World vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight

Crossover between Accel World and SAO

Mugen Souls

Progress: 37%

Mugen Souls, well until I saw Dragon`s Let`s play about it, I might not have the will and want to do this this year or the next. It`s going to be a very grindiy ride.

Mugen Souls Z

Progress: 15%

Won`t do it until I`m done with the Prequel.

Touhou Genso Wanderer

Progress: 1%

I wanted to try to plat this game before getting the Remake/Update.

Tales of Xillia

Progress: 27%

After Mugen Souls, I was thinking of returning to this game. I only have to do Jube`s story and if I`am lucky kill the remaining to add to the MonDex.

Tales of Xillia 2

Progress: 14%

Sequel to Xillia

Tales of Zestiria

Progress: 6%

The one Tales of Game you can`t walk around as your waifu

Tales of Berseria

Prequel to Zestiria

Tales of Symphonia

Prequel to Tales of Phantasia

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Progress: 31%

Sequel to Symphonia

Tales of Hearts R

A easy Tales of game or so I heard.

Tales of Graces f

Progress: 39%

With Time Attack Bosses, this might take a while.

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Progress: 18%

Might be Easyer, but there`s no Guide for it.

Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce

Progress: 25%

The Last Eng dub Warriors game I have left to plat.

Warriors: Legends of Troy

Progress:platinum:

I`m glad to get one more Musou Plat and I wanted to get it before Warriors Orochi 4 comes out.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

I do this once I`am done with Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match

Progress: :platinum:

I love the anime and Ailce, The Game was fun besides that Crusader Tank from Hell

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Progress: 91%

I only have to max out friendship with all instructors but Hit, Bojack, and Zamasu, Finish all stories and Free Battles in the Hero Colosseum and Surpass my Limits by Fighting Goku Ultra Instinct if I`am unlucky

Rabi-Ribi

Progress: 2%

This game is like Mega Man with a cute Rabbit girl instead. I`am looking forward to return to this game.

Omega Quintet

Progress: 11%

I`am going to make a LP of it in next month maybe, still thinking how to make it unique.

Batman: Arkham Origins

Progress: 50%

Prequel to Arkham Asylum and I`m done with the online S***

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Gaiden to Arkham Origins

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Progress: 67%

I always wanted to plat a Batman Arkham as I like Series and Batman.

Batman: Arkham City

Progress: 60%

Sequel to Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham Knight

Sequel to Arkham City and last game in the Batman Arkham Series

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Progress: 64%

The new Dragon Ball game and it`s fun and Funny, lots of Fan-Service in it. once I plat I plan to help others with Online part as Area Fights is dead and lots of Ring fight maniacs is in it.

a16b2d1917b3ccada366c07e0970392215318953

421e763cd903ab9cc6e7284f3f43557f15318953

f0f9bdb70e15e1bc005fb5e0797ab26115318953

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle

Progress: 41%

Might be my first Bullet Hell Touhou game if I ever learn to find best way to win without dying

Digimon All-Star Rumble

Progress: 12%

The Last Digimon Fighting game ever I hope!

The Asterisk War: Phoenix Festa

Progress: 45%

The only reason I`m willing to clear this madness!

tumblr_nxt4x5eEIU1rd6sdio1_500.gif

Crash Bandicoot 1.2.3

CB 1 Progress: 23%

CB 2 Progress: 12%

CB 3 Progress: 2%

Crash Bandicoot is hard for me at least, but I`am going to wait until I`m plat all Three Spyro games before trying all three again

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Progress: 58%

One of My Favorite PS2 games.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Sequel to Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

Progress: 49%

Might have to get a boost controller as the :triangle: mashing is impossible for me.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

This game is going to be a Challenge.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Progress: 21%

Of all the Dragon Ball games, I hate this one, I`am still going to plat it one way or the other.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

The Game even the Trophy Advisor advices me to save for last and I get why.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Yep, you can pretty much conquer the world if you are being cheered on by a scantily-clad lady. :P (Or guy, for the straight girls out there. ;)) DISCLAIMER: This is not intuitive of every man or woman in the world and I know that sexual appeal is not the #1 motivation of everyone. Just 50% of the people, the 50% that counts. ^_^

Man, that is one hell of a list! Again, I know that this event won't end up late 2019. Dropping two games wasn't due to me not wanting to do the trophies. Persona 4 Golden has some great stuff(I love the fourth dungeon, personally) but I can't lie to myself and say I am excited about grinding out Risette's navigation lines or doing the schedule in the guide. (I am not a very schedule-minded person. :() Still, seeing this list you made shows that there are people who will go beyond what is expected of them and some who just want to do the minimum. Good luck!

Edited by DragonQuest238

Just a quick update. I closed in a bit on Catlateral Damage. I got four more trophies and all I need to get now are Ultra Mess Maker(I think I have over 10,000 objects knocked over), Cataclysm(I need to complete 26 more Objective mode stages), Mouse Hunter(need to catch six more mice, the event is RNG) and, of course, Time Trial. I got Pawliday Inn in my last objective run but the high-value object was some dinky toy that I couldn't find until a minute had passed so I missed the time limit. :(

Update: started working on Toukiden. I finished up the last bit of the story and cleared the final mission. I also got :bronze: Noble Steel for completing a request the tree gives you, which turned out to be slightly more annoying than I expected it to be, since the things it asks for are not always the same and getting a new request to spawn is... a process.

For now I'll go back and clear the optional missions I skipped in the last chapter and probably get max affinity for my last person.

current status

Toukiden: Kiwami 32/50 -> 34/50

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know that nobody has updated this thread and I know it's we still have 10 months left in the challenge, but I am close to getting my second SYL platinum, Catlatera Damage. I got the most frustrating trophy out of the way so I only have two trophies left to earn before pop. Catastrophe is four more full Objective Mode runs away and I have to pray that I can get six mice events to pop or I'll have to do extra runs to get them. :(

After that, well, I have a few months to decide whether to tackle "Lizard and Bat" and Rextro's evil arcade or start my promise to plat a Kingdom Hearts game before 2019 next. :)

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

I think it's worth mentioning that @jem left PSNP about a month ago. I don't know if he has any intentions on ever coming back but I thought everyone partaking in the event should know. 

If that's the case, and there is still interest in the thread, maybe we could set up a spreadsheet to track everyone with updates.  It would a shame for the event to come to an end when there was so much interest to begin with.

I mean, even if jem is gone, it's not like anyone else was posting either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Granted we're still far from the deadline and lots of people probably haven't even started on the games.

I've made a bunch of progress in Toukiden since my last post but I felt bad about double posting and spamming up the thread.

4 hours ago, Kent said:

I think it's worth mentioning that @jem left PSNP about a month ago.

jem's dropped from the forum? I'm sorry to hear that. I am tempted to just drop out of this thread but if someone wants to take over the thread, I'll try to do my best to work on the games I have on the list and keep at it.

Edited by DragonQuest238

If by the end of my recovery time @jem has still not returned. I would be ok with taking over. Mostly the thread would remain about the same. I dont think I would even start the year clock over unless people wanted me to. The only thing is that if someone would volunteer to do the badges. Digital Art is not my thing. I enjoy running the events though and providing players that fun. 

26 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

If by the end of my recovery time @jem has still not returned. I would be ok with taking over. Mostly the thread would remain about the same. I dont think I would even start the year clock over unless people wanted me to. The only thing is that if someone would volunteer to do the badges. Digital Art is not my thing. I enjoy running the events though and providing players that fun. 

Yeah I wouldn't restart the clock either. I think there's more than enough time left.

• Like 1

Almost close to finishing my second game, just need one more trophy. Will update this post when I get it.

EDIT: My second platinum is in the bag, like a cat! Yep, I got the platinum for Catlateral Damage... and just after I got it, my controller died and when I tried to switch controllers, my PS4 broke and wouldn't read it so I had to do a cold reboot. AGAIN. :(

Anyways, here's my progress:

Games:

• Shantae: Half-Genie Hero: :platinum:
  • Yooka-Laylee: 24%
  • Disgaea 3 - Absence of Detention: 15%
  • Catlateral Damage: :platinum:
  • Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories: 0%

Next up... I dunno. I have other events I need to attend to.

Edited by DragonQuest238

12 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Congratulations. I didn't catch the game that was in. And I see you're playing Monster Hunter: World. I downloaded that for another account, might get into it once I get most of my backlogs sorted out in a couple months. :)

Oh it was Toukiden: Kiwami, it's a monster hunting game like MHW. And yeah I was initially gonna swap between playing Toukiden and MHW, but the controls were JUST different enough that I couldn't easily adjust, so MHW has actually been on hold. For now I'm going to play Nier as my PS4 game, since my bf wants me to play it and then I'll go back to MHW for real. :> 

I like to continue with the event and the last I did with game list was almost Plat Marvel Ultimate Alliance as I'm saving it for #125 and I need one more Dualshock.

Spoiler

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment

Progress: 84%

Currently running a Let`s play for the series. it's the most grindiest of the series.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Progress: 11%

As SAO HF PS4`s Save Data mysteriously disappearanced. I`m going to get a better start for the PS4 by almost clearing the PS Vita Version.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song

Progress: 33%

Sequel to Hollow Fragment

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

Sequel to Lost Song

Accel World vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight

Crossover between Accel World and SAO

Mugen Souls

Progress: 37%

Mugen Souls, well until I saw Dragon`s Let`s play about it, I might not have the will and want to do this this year or the next. It`s going to be a very grindiy ride.

Mugen Souls Z

Progress: 15%

Won`t do it until I`m done with the Prequel.

Touhou Genso Wanderer

I wanted to try to plat this game before getting the Remake/Update.

Tales of Xillia

Progress: 27%

After Mugen Souls, I was thinking of returning to this game. I only have to do Jube`s story and if I`am lucky kill the remaining to add to the MonDex.

Tales of Xillia 2

Sequel to Xillia

Tales of Zestiria

Progress: 6%

The one Tales of Game you can`t walk around as your waifu

Tales of Berseria

Prequel to Zestiria

Tales of Symphonia

Prequel to Tales of Phantasia

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Progress: 31%

Sequel to Symphonia

Tales of Hearts R

A easy Tales of game or so I heard.

Tales of Graces f

Progress: 39%

With Time Attack Bosses, this might take a while.

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Progress: 18%

Might be Easyer, but there`s no Guide for it.

Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce

Progress: 25%

The Last Eng dub Warriors game I have left to plat.

Warriors: Legends of Troy

Progress:platinum:

I`m glad to get one more Musou Plat and I wanted to get it before Warriors Orochi 4 comes out.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

I do this once I`am done with Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match

Progress: :platinum:

I love the anime and Ailce, The Game was fun besides that Crusader Tank from Hell

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Progress: 91%

I only have to max out friendship with all instructors but Hit, Bojack, and Zamasu, Finish all stories and Free Battles in the Hero Colosseum and Surpass my Limits by Fighting Goku Ultra Instinct if I`am unlucky

Rabi-Ribi

This game is like Mega Man with a cute Rabbit girl instead. I`am looking forward to return to this game.

Omega Quintet

Progress: 11%

I`am going to make a LP of it in next month maybe, still thinking how to make it unique.

Batman: Arkham Origins

Progress: 50%

Prequel to Arkham Asylum and I`m done with the online S***

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Gaiden to Arkham Origins

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Progress: 67%

I always wanted to plat a Batman Arkham as I like Series and Batman.

Batman: Arkham City

Sequel to Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham Knight

Sequel to Arkham City and last game in the Batman Arkham Series

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Progress: 64%

The new Dragon Ball game and it`s fun and Funny, lots of Fan-Service in it. once I plat I plan to help others with Online part as Area Fights is dead and lots of Ring fight maniacs is in it.

a16b2d1917b3ccada366c07e0970392215318953

421e763cd903ab9cc6e7284f3f43557f15318953

f0f9bdb70e15e1bc005fb5e0797ab26115318953

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle

Progress: 41%

Might be my first Bullet Hell Touhou game if I ever learn to find best way to win without dying

Digimon All-Star Rumble

Progress: 12%

The Last Digimon Fighting game ever I hope!

Crash Bandicoot 1.2.3

CB 1 Progress: 23%

CB 2 Progress: 12%

CB 3 Progress: 2%

Crash Bandicoot is hard for me at least, but I`am going to wait until I`m plat all Three Spyro games before trying all three again

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Progress: 97%

One of My Favorite PS2 games.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Progress: 7%

Sequel to Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

Progress: 49%

Might have to get a boost controller as the :triangle: mashing is impossible for me.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

This game is going to be a Challenge.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Progress: 21%

Of all the Dragon Ball games, I hate this one, I`am still going to plat it one way or the other.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

The Game even the Trophy Advisor advices me to save for last and I get why.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back! (sort of) I'm not actively participating in this challenge for the time being, but I do realize that it was unfair to just up and leave for those who want to still participate. That being said, the spreadsheet will be updated within the next few days and will be updated bi-weekly after that.

11 hours ago, jemmie said:

I'm back! (sort of) I'm not actively participating in this challenge for the time being, but I do realize that it was unfair to just up and leave for those who want to still participate. That being said, the spreadsheet will be updated within the next few days and will be updated bi-weekly after that.

Nice to see you back! :D

I still have my list, but I may cut back some more, depending on whether I can complete the events I am in so far. I am glad you are keeping the thread up though. I already started a couple, no point in dropping out yet since it's only three months in. But Spyro and Kingdom Hearts 3 might take up more of my time. Already working on Castlevania Requiem.

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Nice to see you back! :D

I still have my list, but I may cut back some more, depending on whether I can complete the events I am in so far. I am glad you are keeping the thread up though. I already started a couple, no point in dropping out yet since it's only three months in. But Spyro and Kingdom Hearts 3 might take up more of my time. Already working on Castlevania Requiem.

I never said I was dropping out. This just isn't my main focus and won't be for a while. I may put things on hold often, but I almost never drop.

On 10/30/2018 at 6:48 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

@jemmie if you want, I can handle the updates unless you really want to keep checking in while you participate in other things.

I thought about it, and sure, I'll take you up on your offer. Just pm me your email so that I can give you access to the spreadsheet.

• Like 1