Top 5 Games in your Collection

jorgecarpio91

What would you consider the top 5 games you have in your PSN profile collection? This will hopefully help myself and other gamers try new games! ??

For me it would be as following:

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: What can I say, this is probably my all time favorite game, and is a definitely MUST play for any gamer, plus you can get this game for less than $20 now, whenever it goes on sale.

2. Assassin's Creed Origins: What a comeback game from Ubisoft, for me this was waaay better than black flag, the game world is amazing, who knew that ancient Egypt would be home to one of the best Assassin's Creed games.

3. The Last of Us Remastered: Can't wait for the Last of Us Part II, the game play trailer looked amazing. That being said, it has big shoes to fill, since The Last of US Remastered is a great game.

4. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard: For me it's the best horror game, it's a short but immersive experience, Resident Evil 2 remastered is looking promising.

5. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection: Although the first game didn't age well, the other two games are amazing, especially the second one: Among Thieves, whenever this game goes on sale, you can get it under $10, definitely worth it.

Honorable Mentions:

6. Shadow of the Colossus

7. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

8. Until Dawn

9. Ratchet and Clank

10. Rayman Legends

Edited by jorge_carpio88
  • Like 2

1. Persona 5: Literally the one game I've enjoyed in such a long time. Such a beautifully done JRPG. 

2. Dying Light: Dead Island + Mirrors Edge hybrid. What could be more better than killing zombies in a parkour fashion. I've poured hours into this game because it's just so much fun.

3. Overwatch: A Multiplayer-only game, yeah, but with the events, arcade stuff and just the stuff blizzard adds to the game is always nice and keeps the ball rolling.

4. Ratchet and Clank: If Spyro was out, it would take this spot.. The thing I love about this game is the nostalgic feel to it that video games nowadays lack imo.

5. Wolf Among Us: Literally. The best. Telltale. Game. Out there. The story is so good that you just wanna play through the whole thing in one sitting.

• Like 2

I'll keep this list within my PS4 collection.

Journey:  The bond you create with a total stranger, this quick... This game is a work of art. Period. 

Unravel:  Something about the lore unfolding slowly, the magnificence of the graphics, the puzzles... I cannot say enough how i recommend it.

Last of Us: The story telling is ON POINT. It makes you care about a zomby game ! TLoU made me cry, hope and awed me all at once. Masterpiece.

Bortherlands 2 : Best and definitely funniest FPS out there. The characters were perfect (Claptrap and Tiny Tina). We need more couch coop games like this gem.

The Witcher 3: Spent almost 150 hours lost in its world and one of the best moments I had with a game. It has it all, graphics, gameplay , Roach, story, HUGE and fun DLCs.. For any openworld players, this game is a must and will remain one for a long time. 

Haven't made the list but are still awesome: Life is Strange, AC: Ezio trilogie, Unchartered 4, Super Meat Boy, Horizon Zero Dawn, Skyrim, Telltale Walking Dead (S1), Limbo

• Like 1

I'll split it up into PS3/PS4 since some people only have one or the other. Also, I'm going to go by games I just found to have a good mix of being really fun to play with a story I found fun to follow...except my last PS4 entry which doesn't have a story. :P 

No particular order for either system.

PS3:

Metro Last Light 

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag 

Spec Ops: The Line or The Saboteur I really don't know which of these I would choose so they're tied.

Kingdom Hearts 

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (although it's easier to play if you've platted DW8 and uploaded your data.)

PS4:

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (considering it just one entry since all 3 come on the same disc)

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Metro 2033 Redux (for those with just this system Metro Redux has Last Light Redux included in the physical edition.)

Assassin's Creed Origins

Bloons TD 5 (now this is an odd recommendation but simply due to how different it is to most people and is actually fun I like to recommend it to people not familiar with the genre.)

^sometimes I will put inFamous Second Son here but it's mainly just on graphics. I didn't like the characters or story despite being fun to play around with the different powers.

• Like 3

These are pretty much my favs on PS4 so far: 

1. Dark Souls:  Needless to describe this game. Anyone who had access to the internet in the past 7 years knows about this series. If you haven't played it yet, you're truly missing something.

2. Child of Light: I've never experienced something like this game before. The games story is very well written and quite touching, the artstyle is unique and absolutely gorgeous. It offers a refreshing combatsystem and it's soundtrack fits 100%. Child of Light is a hidden gem that didn't got the attention it deserved.

3. Nonary Games: By far the best story I've witnessed in any game, there are just no words for how well it is written. This game pretty much made me the the prick I am, wandering around and telling other people how bad their game's story is.

4. Hotline Miami: Combine a flashy artstyle, the best OST in a game, a rewarding combo-system and the thrill of killing and you got yourself a nice Hotline Miami addiction.

5. STEEP: This is my personal chill game, you can always come back to it and freeride as long as you want. It's great fun alone and with friends alike. What truly hooked me in STEEP is the photo mode tho.

Edited by Sardavanua

"Must play" is an interesting way to phrase it because that doesn't necessarily mean the best games or personal favorites. Based on the ones I've played, I would say:

1. A Hat in Time. It's probably the best modern representation of older games that I've seen. If I ever have kids, this is the kind of game I want them to play first.
  2. Alien: Isolation. This is a must play because it does something unique -- and it does it very well. I know horror games aren't everybody's cup of tea, and I wouldn't put this on the list if getting the plat is required, but I think it's something everybody should try to play at least once.
  3. Tales from the Borderlands. I'm so sick of baby boomers who think video games are just for kids. That's as asinine as me saying movies or TV shows are just for kids. Telltale games in general are fantastic, and they tell stories just as good as anything you can find on Netflix.
  4. Until Dawn. See #3. (And #2, for that matter.)
  5. XCOM 2. It's the best game on the system, and it was free on PS Plus last month. I've probably put over 200 hours into this game and it's still just as fun as when I started.

Xcom 2- Surprised me how much I actually liked this game. Its not my typical taste with the whole turn based/only move so far. Bought the war of the chosen but haven't started it yet.

Transistor- One of the best indie games I have ever played. 

Dragon Age Inquisition- The best of the series imo. I like it more than Origins, Idc what anyone says. 

Talos Principle- Way better puzzle game than the witness. Relaxing, unique.

Alien Isolation, enough said

Honorable mentions: Cities: Skylines (ctiy/resource manager/builder not like Tropico series though), Prey, Invisible Inc, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

• Like 2

PS4

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

2. Horizon Zero Dawn

3. Grand Theft Auto V

4. Doom

5. Resogun

PS3

1. Mass Effect 2

2. Demon’s Souls

3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

4. Red Dead Redemption

5. Batman: Arkham Asylum

Vita

1. Persona 4 Golden

2. Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward

3. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

4. Shovel Knight 

5. Severed

Decided to break it up by console. These lists represent the console I played each game on.

PS4

1. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
  2. Tie between Uncharted 4: A Thief's End & Red Dead Redemption II
  3. Fallout 4
  4. Dishonoured 2
  5. Mass Effect Andromeda

PS3

1. Fallout 3
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Tie between Uncharted 2 & 3
  4. L.A. Noire
  5. Bioshock Infinite
Edited by Feral
Had to add RDR2
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Assassin's Creed II

This game is one of those games which never get old for me. I've played it multiple times and it's actually the first game I ever platinumed. I've always played but I started playing way more in 2010 after I bought a PS3 and this was one of my first games on it. I adore it and I adore Ezio. This game is special for me.

Final Fantasy IX

There was a time I was always like "I don't get why Final Fantasy games are so popular, I don't think they're that good..." but playing FFXIII-2 for a few hours I was hooked. Funny, one of the weakest games got me to the series. ? Anyways, after that I've played a bunch of FF games. VI was my favorite for a good time but after playing IX a couple of months ago it got me so bad that it's now the #1 for me. I just loved everything in it (well, almost, since it's a shame how locked the roles are for these characters). I genuinely loved all the characters and the music is SOOO good, the storytelling and story itself is gold, the world feels very rich and diverse... Everything really is on point. Also, the Black Mage Village is my favorite place of all game areas in every games. It's just so precious.

The Last of Us

Yeah, I don't think this game needs much explanation. The story hits every single time you play this game.

Bloodborne

I never was much into Dark Souls but Bloodborne interested me ever since it was released. I didn't play it though until this year after my co-worker talked about Dark Souls and Bloodborne and got me to test them. First I played Dark Souls II which didn't appeal me but Bloodborne had a totally different impact on me. The world seemed so much interesting for me than the medieval world of Dark Souls and when the lore started to make sense, it got me hooked. It's currently the only game I feel like getting PSPlus one day, I would so much like to help other people with bosses and co-op in Chalice Dungeons. ?

The Evil Within 2

It was a difficult choice between this and Silent Hill 2. But since this is a more recent favorite for me I decided to put this here. I'm all into survival horror and when the original TEW came out I was thrilled. The second one felt even better even though it has a bit cheesy ending (although Sebastian truly deserves it so it's fine!). Anyhow I love Sebastian and how he handles everything in these games. Especially in the second one after he's slightly traumatized by the events of the first game and the way Beacon looms in STEM for him gives some very interesting moments. The story is more personal for Seb this time and it's nicely presented. I have to mention the ending segment of this game 'cause it's one of the strongest moments I've ever seen in games. Really well done with beautiful area and music. A third game is hinted in the ending and I truly hope they'll make it. One of those games I'll be waiting for so so bad.

Edited by mempsis
  • Like 1

PS4

1. Nier Automata 

2. Destiny + DLC

3. Killzone: Shadowfall

4. Battlefield 4

5. Horizon Zero Dawn 

PS3

1. Kingdoms of Alamur: Reckoning

2. Borderlands 2

3. Burnout Paradise 

4. Tomb Raider (2013)

5. Fuse 

PS Vita

1. Killzone: Mercenary 

2. Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two

3. World of Final Fantasy 

4. Final Fantasy X HD 

5. Sir Eatsalot 

I would say these are my top five 

Edited by DarkSoleride

1. The Last Of Us - I couldn't put this game down when I first played it, really great game

2. The Binding Of Issac - I have had hours and hours of fun on this game and you can continue to play it over and over, another underrated game on PS4

3. Heavy Rain - Amazing game and story... really set the bar high when it comes to decision games

4. Puppeteer - An underrated platform game in my opinion, has a few issues with trophies but its super fun

5. MW2 - Last but not least ? Typical COD game but I lost count of the hours I played this with friends so I have to have it on here... probably the last COD game that was actually fun

Unfortunately, I still have quite a few good AAA games in my backlog, but I will still try to list my 5 favorite games of each platform:

PSN / Indies:

1. Super Meat Boy

2. Titan Souls

3. Enter the Gungeon

4. Jotun

5. Hyper Light Drifter

PS3:

1. Fallout 3

2. Demon Souls

3. Ratchet & Clank Collection

4. Max Payne 3

5. Metal Gear Solid 4

PS4:

1. Dark Souls 3

2. Red Dead Redemption 2

3. Bloodborne

4. Fallout 4

5. Yooka Laylee

only the first ones that came to mind, ask me again if I have managed to handle my huge backlog :D

Edited by S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y
  • Like 2

The Last of Us

When you enjoy the story that much that you instantly starts over again after finishing it. Also you get chills very often in this game. Some of the best moments for me in this game was when I heard Ellie's jokes, and Joel just gets more and more upset ? The bond Joel and Ellie gets is just beautiful in this game, its hard to describe if you haven't tried it yourself yet.

Grand Theft Auto V

Can't even remember how many times I've been laughing while playing this game. Playing around with cars, bikes, helicopters, getting cops after you, doing missions etc. The list is too long to mention it here.

The Evil Within 2

I instantly started New game + after finishing the first time. Sebastian is just a beast when it comes to surviving. The story is great, and when Sebastian need to face endless obstacles and challenges, you just can't avoid feeling the pain and frustration Sebastian must have. When he finally figures things out, you encounter one of the best and most emotional endings I've ever seen in a video game!

Far Cry 5

I know alot of people don't agree with me here, but when FC5 came out I had a blast with it. Enjoyed every minute of my time playing it and did everything that was available to do in the campaign. The 3 dlc's was cool too, especially the zombie one.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

I played this alot with a friend and we really enjoyed it. Stunning landscape and graphics on this one. Great weapon modifications and just lovely that you have 4 different types of drones to scope out enemies. I really enjoyed beeing stealthy and timing my shots with sniper rifles over a great distance because of the bullet dropping if its too far away. 

Other games I really enjoyed

Heavy Rain

Tom Clancy's The Division

Red Dead Redemption 2 (A bit too early to put it on my top 5 list)

Edited by JrsAlster

I have games in my collection I have yet to start so for now my favorite games in my collection are 

1) Overwatch: what can I say, this is one of the few multi player games that I like. I usually prefer single player games.

It took me a lot of time to get into it but now I play overwatch on a daily basis ^^ 

2) Final Fantasy XV: I just love everything about this game it's one my all time favorites. The characters are lovable, the plot is nice, graphics are amazing and gameplay is very fun!

3) Super Danganronpa 2/New Danganronpa v3: I couldn't decide between the two because I enjoyed them both. Amazing plot and awesome characters.  Komaeda is best boy

4) Uncharted series: Well I was about to say Uncharted 4 but I really do love all uncharted games, they're all great and I had great time playing every single one of them. 

5) Sadly I can't think of another game but I do have GOW and Assassin's Creed Origins waiting for me to play them so who knows!

1. Tokyo Xanadu - Really enjoyable action RPG with good story, fun gameplay and many interesting NPCs. Every main character (about 8 I think) has a personality and depth to them. The PS4 ver. has an afterstory and more content.

2. Sword Art Online Lost Song - Fantastic game I recommend. Can fly and explore at your own leisure plus many playable characters besides just Kirito unlike the other SAO games. Very easy platinum too.

3. Ys VIII - Open world RPG with lots of exploration and fun combat. If you enjoy it, I recommend you check out the other Ys games available on a variety of different platforms like PSP, Vita, PS4, PC, DS, etc.

4. Muramasa Rebirth - I had a real blast playing this game from both perspectives. Even Fury mode (where you die with 1 hit) was surprisingly fun, when I thought it would originally be impossible for me because the bosses have a lot of health. The 4 DLCs also allow you to play with characters with unique fighting styles completely different from the 2 main demon sword wielders.

5. Mary Skelter Nightmares - Leaving the shallow beta male MC aside, the female characters are very likeable (and sexy), like Sleeping Beauty's bust or Cinderella's legs<_<. If you like dungeon crawlers I recommend you give it a shot. 

Edited by ex10097