Digimon Survive - Announced For PS4 and Switch

TugaSonic

15 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Anyway, I'm gonna throw some positivity in here. What's everyone's fave Digimon game? I have a soft spot for World 3 because I grew up with it, but the Cyber Sleuth games were pretty cool too. I hope Survive takes notes from the Cyber Sleuth story! :)

Ooof that’s a tough one lol I’ve played literally every Digimon game that has gotten localized, but Digimon world 2 was great to me, even though I know a lot of people absolutely hate it. The DS games are also very good. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Anyway, I'm gonna throw some positivity in here. What's everyone's fave Digimon game? I have a soft spot for World 3 because I grew up with it, but the Cyber Sleuth games were pretty cool too. I hope Survive takes notes from the Cyber Sleuth story! :)

Good call on the positivity; Digimon is so underrated.

Both Digimon Story games were great, but I would say Hacker's Memory in particular is in my top 5 games of all time. It's a must-play for anyone who likes JRPGs, even people who don't particularly care about Digimon.

The drama/struggles/character development of the (human) characters was very well written. And the ending was the most memorable one I've ever seen in a video game.

People who have played the game: PLEASE don't provide details on the ending; let people experience it blind. Saying anything other than it being "memorable" can be a spoiler. I've seen posts on GameFAQs that make it pretty obvious what happens.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

You're not supporting this game's development or release at all by crying about there not being any news when you want it.

The real irony is that this only ends one of two ways…

1) boycott the game because of the delays, therefore discouraging them from making future games

2) buy the game despite being mad at the delays, therefore making the tirades pointless

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Hacker's Memory is so good.  But I have a lot of nostalgia for World 1.  I would love a World collection.  World 4 would be great with online.  It was basically Diablo with a Digimon Skin.  

• Like 2

People are mad that Digimon got delayed? I wish GameFreak would do the same with Pokémon. Imagine how much more complete Sword & Shield would have been if it had been given another year or two, rather than getting rushed out the door to meet their ridiculous yearly release schedule. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Digimon World 1 is a unique game in a magical world. Very hard without a guide. 

Digimon World Next Order was OK but they only had like 2 ways of recruiting digimon (fight them or give them an item) while Digimon World 1 had tons of different ways you could recruit new Digimon (fights, items, quests, mini-games, random events, etc.).

The Nintendo DS RPGs and Cyber Sleuth are good too.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

People are mad that Digimon got delayed? I wish GameFreak would do the same with Pokémon. Imagine how much more complete Sword & Shield would have been if it had been given another year or two, rather than getting rushed out the door to meet their ridiculous yearly release schedule. 

I think a lot of people are moreso mad that it's been a long time since they've given us any update, which is causing us to worry that the game might be cancelled.

Personally, I'm okay to wait. I just want the peace of mind that it's not going to be cancelled.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MissShake said:

My favourite is the PS1 game, Digital Card Battle (love the save/load animation of chibimon running as the progress bar). World 3 is my second favourite although that's mostly due to nostalgia because I played it recently and that game is basically 90% backtracking.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MissShake said:

I loved dogimon world 1 and 3 growing up, dunno why I missed out on 2 x) I still occasionally play them to this day. I enjoyed the cyber sleuth series as well as next order so hope for some more sequels to them in the future!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's reportedly been delayed another FULL YEAR. Here's your proof since I know it will be asked for.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/digimon-survive-delayed-once-again-to-2022-or-later/1100-6494523/

Personally, IMO, I feel like this is just the first step towards cancellation.

Either way... I refuse to change what's in my signature until either the game comes out or it's officially canceled

On 6/22/2021 at 4:07 PM, MissShake said:

My favorite is Digimon World Dusk on the DS. Digimon World Championship was also very fun!!

I also remember playing Digimon World 4 and Digimon Rumble Arena 2 on the PS2!

• Like 1

On 22/06/2021 at 10:07 PM, MissShake said:

My favorite was Digimon Digital Card Battle.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another region has rated Survive, this time it was Brazil. I'm expecting a 2022 release date at this point, ratings from different regions are coming out slow but at least they're coming out.

EDIT: Here's an article in English since the above is just a direct link to their ratings board site.

Edited by MissShake
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...