Digimon Survive - Announced For PS4 and Switch

TugaSonic

On 22.6.2021 at 11:07 PM, MissShake said:

Anyway, I'm gonna throw some positivity in here. What's everyone's fave Digimon game? I have a soft spot for World 3 because I grew up with it, but the Cyber Sleuth games were pretty cool too. I hope Survive takes notes from the Cyber Sleuth story! :)

I love DW3. I have played it so much even in recent years. My only hope is that someday it will come back with trophies. Have also played DW1, both Cyber Sleuth and Next Order but i liked 3 more even when it has its own faults.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Feichti1992 said:

I love DW3. I have played it so much even in recent years. My only hope is that someday it will come back with trophies. Have also played DW1, both Cyber Sleuth and Next Order but i liked 3 more even when it has its own faults.

3 was great! Was my first Digimon game as a kid, but I never did beat it. Maybe someday I'll give it the run... With trophies? One can dream ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So... this information dropped Thursday evening/night.................

Notice what it says there?

'games'

PLURAL.

It's only been a few days since this information came out... AND I STILL HAVE MY HOPES WAY TOO HIGH FOR THIS. ?

but it's fine. because this game isn't real and doesn't exist so it can't hurt me

Well... either way... one thing is for sure...

I ABSOLUTELY MUST FIND A WAY TO WATCH THIS LIVE. NO MATTER THE COST. ?

Also... notice something... interesting?

Well... I'd call it ironic and, at the very least, a very bizarre coincidence. It's literally the same week as Pokemon Day/the next Pokemon Presents more than likely... ?

Well... I'm sure it's likely just a very odd coincidence.......

RIGHT?!

See you all February 26th

Edited by SelectiveGamer
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

RED ALERT. WE HAVE A SCHEDULE EVERYONE.

image0.jpg

DIGIMON SURVIVE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE A PART OF THE FIRST SEGMENT. totally hasn't begun to pray for a release date to be revealed

Not only that... DO YOU SEE. HOW LONG. THE GAME SEGMENT. IS?!

It's freaking just as long (technically LONGER) than a NINTENDO DIRECT.

I...

just....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*SelectiveGamer can not be reached at this time. Please leave a message after the.... SOUNDS OF PASSING OUT ONTO THE FLOOR*

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

So is Digimon Survive more like Digimon Story, World, or it's own thing? I miss the DS games like Dawn/Dusk and Championship lol.

It's its own thing, it's an SRPG when in combat and a sort of VN-styled thing outside of it. You can see some gameplay here.

Spoiler

Edited by soliunasm

Well... the game segment is over. I'm just waiting for the anime segment now.

They showed A LOT for this game. Problem is... there is still no release date. All they really said was that they want fans to 'wait a little longer' and they would share more 'soon' but didn't clarify how soon 'soon' actually is.

This is the official excuse for the issues. Which doesn't make me feel any better.

I guess it's time to be hyped for XC3 and maybe FFXVI instead.

I'm done updating this thread because I just get yelled at for it anyway.

1 hour ago, MissShake said:

even when delays were for reasonable things like COVID. 

This game had issues long before that. As good as the art style looks, it's still a simple turn based game. It was in development before it was announced and the game even had to switch developers. I honestly can't believe Bandai Namco let this turn into such a shit show.

Considering all the money Digimon makes, I'm surprised how this stream turned out. The American player during the final TCG segment was cheating and no one there said or did anything about it. How is that possible?

6 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

This game had issues long before that. As good as the art style looks, it's still a simple turn based game. It was in development before it was announced and the game even had to switch developers. I honestly can't believe Bandai Namco let this turn into such a shit show.

I mean, it's not that simple if we go by what the con showed. It seems like the team before probably didn't know how to handle the branching paths part, from a writing and event flags perspective I could see why this might be a challenge. Inviting a whole other studio on kind of shows that they have a bit more hope for this idea than you'd think. This happened with FFVIIR too, and that turned out well. A release window would have been a bit more comforting though, I definitely get that. If they had been a bit more vocal about things before COVID we wouldn't be here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MissShake said:

I mean, it's not that simple if we go by what the con showed. It seems like the team before probably didn't know how to handle the branching paths part, from a writing and event flags perspective I could see why this might be a challenge. Inviting a whole other studio on kind of shows that they have a bit more hope for this idea than you'd think. This happened with FFVIIR too, and that turned out well. A release window would have been a bit more comforting though, I definitely get that. If they had been a bit more vocal about things before COVID we wouldn't be here.

You're talking about a game using one of the top engines and cutting edge graphics vs SNES era sprite effects and something that could be put together in a VN maker app off of Steam.

They are not the same.

37 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

You're talking about a game using one of the top engines and cutting edge graphics vs SNES era sprite effects and something that could be put together in a VN maker app off of Steam.

They are not the same.

So the fact that it's simpler should mean that the new team could easily get the boat sailing at a better pace. No need to be so abrasive, my guy.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is all I'm going to say about this....

As much as I want to scream at the top of my lungs... it would be stupid too. Unless it's a worldwide release date. Which I seriously doubt. The U.S. probably won't see it until the end of this year or early next year.

But... I'd love to be wrong and for it to be a worldwide release date. But it's extremely unlikely.

• 1 month later...