World of Warcraft and all current expansions now included in subscription

TugaSonic

YGW7YGLJ7NJJ1531527142914.jpg

The Battle for Azeroth pre-patch is here, and with this update we’re making some exciting changes to the way players access to World of Warcraft. Starting today, new players can gain access to all World of Warcraft content up through and including the Legion expansion simply by becoming a subscriber—you no longer need to purchase the original World of Warcraft base game. In addition, all existing World of Warcraft subscribers have automatically been upgraded to Legion at no additional cost.

Today we’re also updating the World of Warcraft: Complete Collection for new subscribers, which includes all seven expansions—including a digital pre-purchase of the upcoming Battle for Azeroth—30 days of game time*, and one Level 110 Character Boost.

Source: Blizzard Entertainment

1 hour ago, Squirlruler said:

If this happens, I think I would only play if I could like my "current" account... Lol. That would be amazing and probably make me get it.

Imagine if they make it so you can import it to PS4 and then you can't use it on PC anymore. :D Has happened with another game I think.

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Imagine if they make it so you can import it to PS4 and then you can't use it on PC anymore. :D Has happened with another game I think.

Hmm. Probably would be fine with that. Lol. I would just want to use my Ashes of Alar mount lmfao

This is coming around far too late.

I think the game really started going downhill with Cataclysm. A lot of people noted that Wrath of the Lich King was noticeably easier than the vanilla and Burning Crusade versions of the game.

I quit in 2012 because WoW was becoming a big chore I felt I had to do on a daily basis. In the years since it looks like Blizzard is really desperate for subscriptions, knowing that they will never reach the number they once achieved.

Paying $15 a month for JUST the vanilla version of the game (you had to pay for the other expansions separately) was too much. So now they're providing all the expansions, but you still have to pay for things like switching servers and changing factions.

Blizz should really consider a ps4 port, id rather start WoW from scratch than compete with the old vets now playing it on pc. But Sony probably wont allow mods so...i cant imagine playing WoW without mods.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I've always found it strange that WoW was never ported to console. Even more so when FFXIV did it so successfully when it re-launched. I'd assume the main reason is that game is not made for controllers.

I remember I tried playing the game on a controller back around WotLK expansion. It worked just fine, the only time it sucked was when I was healing, especially in a raid group.

4 hours ago, NutellaOrgies said:

I remember I tried playing the game on a controller back around WotLK expansion. It worked just fine, the only time it sucked was when I was healing, especially in a raid group.

A Happy Birthday to you.

Controllers won't ever work for World of Warcraft. Too many commands you are required to remember to be efficient in a raid group, plus all the mods people put on their game so they can be a better player.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

A Happy Birthday to you.

Controllers won't ever work for World of Warcraft. Too many commands you are required to remember to be efficient in a raid group, plus all the mods people put on their game so they can be a better player.

Thanks. 

It seems like now since they made the game more user-friendly and took away a bunch of spells and abilities in legion it's probably do-able.

I know my shadow priest rotation was basically only 5-6 spells

Edited by NutellaOrgies

18 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

It seems like now since they made the game more user-friendly and took away a bunch of spells and abilities in legion it's probably do-able.

That's what pissed me off about Blizzard. Every major expansion they seem to rewrite the book so that you are forced to learn new abilities, a new field for your class (ex. Mage has Frost, Fire and Arcane) or just make it pick another class altogether.

Seems silly at this point that the max cap is now well over level 100. Level 85 I felt was good enough when Cataclysm was the latest expansion.

I haven't truly played in years. Tried to go back in more recent times but I'm turned off by the attitude Blizzard has for it's game and playerbase.

Plus the playerbase is one of the most toxic communities I have ever seen in a computer game.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

Still waiting for a PS4 version.

Diablo 3 works because it's less involved in terms of what commands and abilities you have, it's a dungeon crawler and a terrific one at that.

Blizzard is going to have to do an awful lot of work to simplify the commands and options you have in World of Warcraft so that they work well on the PS4 controller. Right now I don't see that happening.

22 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Blizzard is going to have to do an awful lot of work to simplify the commands and options you have in World of Warcraft so that they work well on the PS4 controller. Right now I don't see that happening.

But when do you see it happening? When is WoW coming out on PS4?

13 hours ago, Spaz said:

Ironically there is a mod that does just that. And it seems to be working just fine with any controller out there. And it isn't just some mod patched together. It is a very serious project from what I can tell. But then again I stopped playing WoW at the end of 2017, so I am not sure if it is still maintained. But it does a pretty good job. Of course it is not the real thing and I am not sure if you can perform as good as you can with mouse and keyboard, especially in raids.

But Blizzard is simplifying the controls with every new addon and if they keep doing that you can play WoW with just a 2 button mouse someday.

12 hours ago, Artemisthemp said:

I think Blizzard plan with giving World of Warcraft up to Legion away for free is to lure in new players who don't fell like paying for a game and then having to pay a sub.

I don’t really see a lot of new players these days. It’s mostly the veterans who have been playing it for 10 years or so. 

I have a couple friends who only play when there is a new update. They play for a few weeks then they go into semi retirement until the next update happens.