Potential Server Shutdown on 11th of October 2018

Sinthoras_96

The official Crysis Facebook account just announced the shutdown of the Crysis multiplayer servers on 11th of October 2018 caused by the lack of players. 

Now we already saw the Crysis 2 servers on EAs official shutdown list for that date.  However, EA does specifically mention Crysis 2 and nothing about Crysis 3 or Crysis multiplayer in general. 

But this Facebook post  talks about multiplayer servers in general. It's actually quite safe to assume that they are talking about Crysis 2 AND 3, since this post aims at the whole Crysis fanbase including the PC players and Crysis 3 is the only one on PC with a working Multiplayer (1 and 2 were shut down with gamespy).

So yeah, long story short:

If you still need any Crysis 3 multiplayer trophies, you should knock them out before the 11th of October 2018. 

I'm posting this from my phone. I hope the link to the Facebook posting works as intended. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157778408807501&id=301712412500

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

Not surprised, but thanks for letting people know. :)

As for the link, I have no idea if it works as I don't have FB.

Yeah. I actually tried to include a screenshot of the Facebook post in my post here, but I didn't saw an option to do it. 

Including screenshots into posts is a little odd here.

You have to upload the image online (like Imgur)

Once it's uploaded, right-click and select "open image in a new tab"

Copy the URL and click "Insert other media on PSNP > Insert image from existing URL

Paste the URL

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nemesis_WM said:

Thanks for the info, here's a screenshot of the FB page.

iVTGqBp.png

I can see what you mean about it being really ambiguous. It could realistically include Crysis 3 in the shutdown as was the case with the Killzone trilogy all going together. Even if it doesn't, im sure Crysis 3 wont be far behind this so I'll aim to get it done before 11th October while i'm not really working on any other multiplayer closures. At least 3 doesn't include a 6 month trophy 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I got the base game online and got the platinum a few weeks ago. Everything works fine, for now, unless EA or Crytek wants to shutoff the servers

Edit: Servers are still up as of 2022, but multiplayer is just as mostly dead

Edited by Mr_Tenno777

• 1 year later...
On 1.5.2021 at 11:19 AM, Mr_Tenno777 said:

I got the base game online and got the platinum a few weeks ago. Everything works fine, for now, unless EA or Crytek wants to shutoff the servers

Edit: Servers are still up as of 2022, but multiplayer is just as mostly dead

Are Crysis 2 And 3 servers both up?