Game will get pulled from the store

quadboy_007

... there was a The Culling 1?

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

I'm guessing it sold really poorly. At least they're rolling it back pretty quick. Good on them for owning up to their mess up. Tbh, the game looked pretty bad, however, I'm not into these types of games to begin with.

It sold really poorly and it had TWO players online LOL: https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-culling-2/the-culling-2-player-numbers

Makes for an interesting situation in terms of trophies. They could give refunds and shut off the servers any moment and there would be nothing you could do to avoid having the game stay incomplete on your profile.

Edited by mekktor

In this day in age Battle Royal games need to be Free to Play due to the nature of the amount of players needed to fill the severs and on top of that why region lock the servers to begin with.  We shall see if Sony even offers a Refund he speaks of, i enjoyed playing a Battle Royal game with trophies, if severs go down in next 10 days i probably wont get the plat but at least I have some of the trophies some. Its too bad cause the game is super easy to boost but there is not enough people who have the game to get some of the trophies

6 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

Dammit. I was almost done with the trophy guide

Yeah since you worked hard already nothing wrong with submitting it to the site.

If people believe in the refunds they should buy the game before its pulled and then wait for the refund to follow.  :)

• Like 2

For the people who are about to buy this so they can have a rare game on their profile, be cautious. The game was made for 50 people matches but you only end up with 2 to 5 people. It makes the trophies more difficult than they really have to be.

That's speaking for the NA servers though

Edited by NutellaOrgies

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

We have the guaranteed winner of shortest lasting game server on PSN (if they're refunding people, they're surely gonna shut the game), the game has only been available since July 10th, 2018. In the market of PUBG and Fortnite, there's no room for other battle royale games, it's stupid for companies to jump on that bandwagon because it definitely is a very expensive kind of game to run. I always think indie companies shouldn't be making online only games when they haven't already established their brand. 

1000 top rated only lasted a day and it was delisted

1 hour ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

At least they're refunding players unlike BossKey with Lawbreakers.

Lawbreakers will have been up for a year, and had enough of a community to play it easily for the first few months. This is a completely different situation seeing as it was already dead the day it came out. 

2 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Server, not game listing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

What I'm rather saying is that this will be the game that lasts the least amount of time for its online servers, since Pirates: Treasure Hunters only lasted a month and a half and this game seems like it's gonna last less time. 

Just now, Sergen said:

What I'm rather saying is that this will be the game that lasts the least amount of time for its online servers, since Pirates: Treasure Hunters only lasted a month and a half and this game seems like it's gonna last less time. 

Servers

got cha

i over looked that part

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

Does anyone know if we take the refund, will it delete the game off of our list? I don't want to lose the plat ?

You wont lose the plat, they could pull the game from your download list but odds Sony gives us a refund is slim to none. Odds are it will stay on your download list and the sever gets cut.

23 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

Does anyone know if we take the refund, will it delete the game off of our list? I don't want to lose the plat 1f644.png

The game will stay as a useless entry in your download list, like many dead online games.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1