Game will get pulled from the store

quadboy_007

3 hours ago, Gage said:

Lawbreakers will have been up for a year, and had enough of a community to play it easily for the first few months. This is a completely different situation seeing as it was already dead the day it came out. 

Server, not game listing. 

They were still taking purchases when the game was in a dead state. Dead, as in there weren't enough players to fill even one lobby. Not as bad as this, but it's up there.

32 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Idc about this game but even if you were to buy it now, wouldn't they just shut servers down and make online trophies unobtainable?

Yeah, they'll be looking to cut their losses. Expect the servers to go down shortly after the refund processes.

To address another question, it's likely the game will be removed from your download list, but any trophies earned will remain earned. I'd say that is 99.9999999% sure.

Edited by RNumbers

4 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

What did you spend your $0 refund of the free game on?

The game was powered by micro-transactions, have you been living under a rock these past few years? Fortnite uses the free-to-play model, how do you think it has become one of the highest grossing video games of recent history? 

33 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The game was powered by micro-transactions, have you been living under a rock these past few years? Fortnite uses the free-to-play model, how do you think it has become one of the highest grossing video games of recent history? 

Like a normal person, I don't spend money on free-to-play games.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Like a normal person, I don't spend money on free-to-play games.

In-fact, it might be becoming normal for people to pay for micro-transactions in a free to play game, even if it's just cosmetic and won't help them in anyway with winning. Some people want to support a game with that because they've enjoyed it for free for so long. The fact of the matter is that you tried to be a smart ass to someone saying they got a refund for another game that shut quickly by saying it was a free game, when it had in-game purchases. Either way, there's no point really discussing this further it's just best to consider what someone could have spent money on when they mention any game giving refunds. I also haven't paid anything towards a free to play game, but Marvel Heroes Omega is the only one I played altogether. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 4