The Last of Us Part II: Possible Release Date

Carol

I'm part of the "The Last of Us Community Facebook Group" and someone posted this there:

tlou2rd.png                          tlou2rd2.png

So, according to Amazon, "The Last of Us: Part II" will be released on March 29th, 2019.

What do you think of this? Do you think it's a plausible release date for the next game made by Naughty Dog?

In my opinion, although I was inclined more to a Summer release, I think this release date is possible, since I have a feeling that the game may be almost done. On the other hand, this would mean that "Days Gone" and "The Last of Us: Part II" will release very close to each other.

In any case, this release date got me pretty excited. Perhaps, we will be able to play the masterpiece's next chapter sooner than we were expecting!

I'm looking forward to reading your opinions!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Carol said:

I think this release date is possible, since I have a feeling that the game may be almost done. On the other hand, this would mean that "Days Gone" and "The Last of Us: Part II" will release very close to each other.

I doubt that Sony will release the two games so close together.

As for the game being almost done, whenever you read post mortems of ND's games, it becomes clear that they crunch hard for months on end until the very last second of development. I highly doubt anything is almost done so far away from the release.

I was about to be very angry salty and depressed if this was another prediction thread but this is plausable, so YES YES

AND ONE MORE HELL YES LETS GO GO GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

on a serious note if someone followed them they said they were done with the voice recording wich means the game is done 60-70% so realisticly this release date is plausable

Well, a lot of people have theories that the game will be released on mother's day next year. Although Mother's day is May 12 in the US, it is actually March 31in the UK, which is super close to that release date. So it could be accurate. 

Edited by TerminatarMnA

20 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It's hard to say, sometimes the dates are correct, though most use a placeholder. I'd recommend taking this with a grain of salt until Naughty Dog confirms it.

The placeholders tend to be like 12/31/2019 or whatever year something is anticipated to release, no?

This seems too specific to be a placeholder, though it could still very well have been done in error.  I'd agree always waiting for the official confirmation before getting too excited. ;)  If it's legit and the cat is really "out of the bag", it usually doesn't take too long for someone to get out in front of it and confirm.

13 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

Anyway, you might want to add a ''?'' at the end of the title.

I mean, it says "possible" release date which already introduces the element of doubt.  And Amazon, unreliable as it is, is actually a consistent source of leaks.

Edited by Dreakon13

6 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

His op still reads like a question.

Not to get too "into" this. xD  But he offers tangible evidence of a possible release date (from what could be considered a consistent source of leaks).  If he didn't and the thread was purely speculative, asking people their opinions of possible release dates while not offering a seemingly legit one... I'd agree.

EDIT: In short, he's not asking for a possible release date.  There IS a possible release date.  And that would be the difference.

Edited by Dreakon13

19 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Not to get too "into" this. xD  But he offers tangible evidence of a possible release date (from what could be considered a consistent source of leaks).  If he didn't and the thread was purely speculative, asking people their opinions of possible release dates while not offering a seemingly legit one... I'd agree.

EDIT: In short, he's not asking for a possible release date.  There IS a possible release date.  And that would be the difference.

Why you get into this then? It reads like a question if you read the first lines of his op. I don't know else there is to say.

I said he MIGHT consider. It was my input free for him to ignore.

Edited by Paleblood

2 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

Why you get into this then? It reads like a question if you read the first lines of his op. I don't know else there is to say.

I said he MIGHT consider. It was my Input free for him to ignore.

Aw... don't get mad.  Just offering my thoughts to consider, you're free to ignore.

(EDIT: The laughing emoji would indicate that I'm willing to get into it but jokingly saying I shouldn't because it isn't a big deal and I figured you'd probably get upset despite me really doing nothing wrong.)

Edited by Dreakon13

Just now, Dreakon13 said:

Aw... don't get mad.  Just offering my thoughts to consider, you're free to ignore.

Where exactly did you get the Impression that I'm mad? I only think this is pretty pointless and I don't get why you insist on dragging this out.

I thought we got along pretty nicely, I also considered you as nice in general, but you seem to feel the need to act like a jerk now. Well, you're free to do so.

11 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

Where exactly did you get the Impression that I'm mad?

Because your post read as though you've "thrown your hands up in frustration" after a short (not particularly hostile) rebuttal, instead of having a nice conversation about semantics (which you technically started by proposing the question mark).  I didn't mean to intervene in the private conversation between you and the OP on this public forum thread, but it's no reason to try and quickly shut me up because it's actually a conversation you don't want to have.  Could've just as easily ignored my post.

I don't know what else to say. ;)

Edited by Dreakon13

I always said that it would be released in March/April, just like God of War.

They released the Gameplay vídeo last June, they will show the release date and pre-order editions on December... so it might be correct.

and it’s my birthday, why the hell not? :D

Edited by TurtlePM

11 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Because your post read as though you've "thrown your hands up in frustration" after a short (not particularly hostile) rebuttal, instead of having a nice conversation about semantics (which you technically started by proposing the question mark).  I didn't mean to intervene in the private conversation between you and the OP on this public forum thread, but it's no reason to try and quickly shut me up because it's actually a conversation you don't want to have.  Could've just as easily ignored my post.

I don't know what else to say. ;)

Look, paraphrasing me to prove your own point looks like asshole behavior. There is not much arguing about that, if you think this is extremely clever and/or funny, great, have a go. But it's not exactly a great conversation starter.

And on the orginal comment: You're right, I didn't want to have a conversation about it but I hate the feeling to be ignored and don't want to give that to others as a result of that. So I answered your post with ''I think it reads like a question''

I actually, honestly, literally don't fucking know what else there is to say. I think it reads like a question. You don't think so. :dunno:

55 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

The placeholders tend to be like 12/31/2019 or whatever year something is anticipated to release, no?

This seems too specific to be a placeholder, though it could still very well have been done in error.  I'd agree always waiting for the official confirmation before getting too excited. ;)  If it's legit and the cat is really "out of the bag", it usually doesn't take too long for someone to get out in front of it and confirm.

Usually, but not always.

9 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

Look, paraphrasing me to prove your own point looks like asshole behavior. There is not much arguing about that, if you think this is extremely clever and/or funny, great, have a go. But it's not exactly a great conversation starter.

And on the orginal comment: You're right, I didn't want to have a conversation about it but I hate the feeling to be ignored and don't want to give that to others as a result of that. So I answered your post with ''I think it reads like a question''

I actually, honestly, literally don't fucking know what else there is to say. I think it reads like a question. You don't think so. :dunno:

We're way past the point of conversation starting. xD  My conversation starter was my initial point, no asshole behavior involved.

Unfortunately when I saw "Why you get into this then? ... I don't know else there is to say", it seemed a bit too much like you didn't actually read what I posted and were shutting me down for no particular reason, considering all I was doing was replying to a post you wrote... so since there was apparently no reasonable back and forth to be had, I went into asshole mode.  As I occasionally do when communication breaks down.  Not proud of it, but it happens.  I apologize for that.  I think we can wrap this up.

Edited by Dreakon13

People, stop derailing my thread and, please, try to overcome the human tendency to complicate simple things. I’m not going to add a question mark to the title, since, like Dreakon said, l’m not asking people’s opinions about possible release dates, but just interested in knowing what people think about this possibly leaked release date. 

I’m also not a “he”, but a “she”.

Thanks.

While I hope this is the real release date just to be able to slot TLoU Part II into some timeframe... I just have so many games on my plate the next 6 months or so, not to mention the backlog, that this game hasn't been on my radar at all surprisingly.

That person who mentioned that it's possibly a Q1 2019 placeholder has an interesting point though.  We may be getting closer at least. ;) 

Edited by Dreakon13