Disc version vs PSN version

Hi! I used to have the PS3 disc version of the game ages ago and now I spotted the Ultra Street Fighter IV on the Store (Eur) for only 7.5€ for plus subscribers. Before I go ahead and buy it to continue with the trophies I was wondering if the version of the PSN store has a different list or something. Does anybody know? Thanks in advance!

47 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

There's only 1 trophy list for the game on ps3, so it's the same.

But I don't know if the disc and digital versions use the same save file (the AE and Ultra versions on disc, both use the same save file, I never got the digital one) 

But I think the name SUPER / ULTRA is a bit confusing:

For PS3 we have:

SF IV - Disc only - separate trophy list

Super SF IV - Disc only - separate trophy list

Ultra SF IV - Disc and PSN. - no trophy list? I would guess that it will share it with SUPER.

Not sure TBH. Anyone?

20 minutes ago, Smashero said:

But I think the name SUPER / ULTRA is a bit confusing:

For PS3 we have:

SF IV - Disc only - separate trophy list

Super SF IV - Disc only - separate trophy list

Ultra SF IV - Disc and PSN. - no trophy list? I would guess that it will share it with SUPER.

Not sure TBH. Anyone?

Vanilla SF4 - Separate, stand-alone game with its own trophy list and servers, isolated from any other version.

SSF4 - Main game trophy list, servers not compatible with other versions of the game. Only 2p2, both must only have the Super version, digital or disk, doesn't matter.

SSF4 AE - DLC to SSF4. Tro0hies were added to the main game's trophy list. Servers are p2p only with those who have just the AE upgrade DLC, digital or disk, doesn't matter. 

Ultra SF4 - DLC upgrade from either AE or Super. DLC trophy pack was added to the SSF4 main game trophy list. Again, p2p server only compatible with those who have the Ultra upgrade, physical or digital, doesn't matter. 

Hope this helps.

My setup was as follows: bought SSF4 on disk, played and plat. Game shared the digital upgrade for AE that was downloaded and used as a DLC addon to my disk version. All stats were wiped to zero. When Ultra was released, I found a copy for super cheap, so I bought it on disk. Although, it was a complete edition, of sorts, it still acted as a DLC addon to my existing trophy list and profile, however, just like the AE upgrade, the Ultra version wipes all of your online ranking points to zero.

• Like 1

I really appreciate your answers, but I still don't get it. Originally I had the disc version, but honestly I don't care if the save is wiped or not. The only thing I care about is the trophy list. If I buy the psn version on sale and it creates a new different trophy list I'd be quite upset. Could anyone have a look at the digital version and tell me if that one shares trophy list with the original disc version? Many thanks again!

37 minutes ago, marius_maximus said:

I really appreciate your answers, but I still don't get it. Originally I had the disc version, but honestly I don't care if the save is wiped or not. The only thing I care about is the trophy list. If I buy the psn version on sale and it creates a new different trophy list I'd be quite upset. Could anyone have a look at the digital version and tell me if that one shares trophy list with the original disc version? Many thanks again!

I already told you that there's only 1 trophy list for Super Street Fighter 4 on ps3.. 

Doesn't this answer your question about the trophy list? 

If you didn't got it, the Disc and Digital version of Super Street Fighter 4 share the same trophy list.. 

(the only other Street Fighter 4 trophy list on ps3 is for the Original game, that I will ignore, since you posted on the Super Street Fighter 4 board). 

Just be sure that you aren't getting the PS4 version (that one is the one that has a different trophy list). 

• 2 years later...

Sorry to necro this post after 2 years, but i want to throw myself over this game and i'm confused about the versions. From what i understand here, if i want the 100% my only option is to buy the ultra edition that add both the dlc's and find someone with the same edition as me to boost online. Am i correct?

Or does the ultra edition adds only the second dlc and the arcade edition adds only the first dlc, so to 100% i have to buy both versions?

I'm talking about the ps3 stack, just to clarify

Edited by ddrakner
specified ps3 stack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
15 minutes ago, kryptor_kris said:

with codes or installed on the disc ? also if if buy the ultra pack on the store will it have the arcade edition included ? im looking my best options with the store closing 

Your best option is to buy the ps4 version of USF4. It has all included and no need to worry about closure :)

Ok sorry.. question

trying to buy all my games / dlc I need to backtrack my unfinished games that are still possible.

I have SSF IV on disc..  no dlc.

How do I update this to ultra? Buying ultra on disc is impossible here so I’m ruling it out... so I go to the store and I don’t see an option to buy ultra , but I see an option for the SSVIV update kit... and I see an option to buy the arcade edition.. 

do I need both of those or is the update kit enough ? A little confused as the description. In the upgrade kit doesn’t give much away to what it is or does.

edit: if I’m not mistaken , perhaps I need arcade to upgrade to ultra.

Edited by JWill_55

On 31/03/2021 at 5:36 AM, kryptor_kris said:

with codes or installed on the disc ? also if if buy the ultra pack on the store will it have the arcade edition included ? im looking my best options with the store closing 

Ultra SFIV on PS3 has everything on the disc. There are no codes at all (thank fuck)