Sign-up for the PS4 system update 6.00 beta

TugaSonic

7 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Why would you sign up for betas like this? doenst it only endanger your PlayStation due to new unfixed bugs and stuff? and I don't assume you get anything (noteworthy) back either.

If you're selected for the exclusive Beta testers group, you can get an exclusive avatar! (Oh wait, you said noteworthy :P )

Otherwise, some people just like trying things out first. (Not me, though. I'm risk-averse when it comes to technology since it always breaks on me)

EDIT: Also @TugaSonic, you should have the NA link be this: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/playstation-4-firmware-60-beta-registration/ so people can see the legal disclaimers and stuff. 

Edited by Kittet3

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

possibility to create >16 profiles,

Wait, there's a limit on how many profiles you can have on the console? Let me guess, like for the PS3 there's also a limit on how many profiles can be on a console during it's whole life time?

I honestly think it's kinda dumb that they always do the beta-registration phase way before they even announce some of the features they would like to test people. E.g. when there's a lot of awesome/shitty (choose your preference) social media-features people might want to know so those that are can sign-up and those who aren't case save the five seconds to spend them on something more useful.

And isn't it the case that previous beta-testers are automatically signed up by now? E.g. I never registered for the 5.50 beta but still had access to it via the update-menu, as I joined the previous ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

Wait, there's a limit on how many profiles you can have on the console? Let me guess, like for the PS3 there's also a limit on how many profiles can be on a console during it's whole life time?

Yep, 16 is max.

• Like 1

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

And isn't it the case that previous beta-testers are automatically signed up by now? E.g. I never registered for the 5.50 beta but still had access to it via the update-menu, as I joined the previous ones.

From the little I read (Okay, just the registration forum), it appears you can choose to be added to a beta-tester group which will let you get access to betas without registering for them. (But that is an optional checkbox) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Wait what? are you joking/troling or is this true? if so, source please.

"

Change PSN ID twice a year, removing trophies between 0% - 25%, permanent removing all social unnecessary BS (twitch,yt,fb,etc.), possibility to create >16 profiles, activation of 4 systems at once, auto-sync trophies on/off, support for mouse/keyboard, possibility to hide bought items in PSS (not in Library).

Oh wait... Wrong topic... Shall posted this in "My dreams about perfect PS4 update".

lol he clearly said it was a joke xD

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Yep, 16 is max.

Not that I will ever be in the situation to use so many profiles at once but it still seems odd. Could have used at least double the bits for the profile-number. We ain't in 1970 anymore. xD

1 minute ago, Kittet3 said:

From the little I read (Okay, just the registration forum), it appears you can choose to be added to a beta-tester group which will let you get access to betas without registering for them. (But that is an optional checkbox) 

Maybe I somehow clicked on such a link or chose the option to join that group without knowing. I only remember that I wanted to try 5.50 as I finally wanted to hide unwanted items like expired betas or demos. But only heard about the feature after the signing phase but still saw the update as an option. That made me wonder.

• Like 1

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

Now this ain't so obvious: Joke or for real? xD

But I guess it's as ugly as the birthday-theme people got:

Reveal hidden contents

CpFXTkp.jpg

Lol, I was actually serious. I can't show a picture since I registered, but it was just a blue shield with the four x, o, square, triangle buttons on it. (It may be NA only? I don't know about other regions)

Ugly? That is the most beautiful pink elephant turtle... I can't even finish that sentence. The longer I look at it the worse it gets. I also think I kinda want it now. I've never been so conflicted. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Why would you sign up for betas like this? doenst it only endanger your PlayStation due to new unfixed bugs and stuff? and I don't assume you get anything (noteworthy) back either.

Generally speaking, betas should be for people who have a genuine interest in improving the product by testing it voluntarily and reporting issues to the developers.

Unfortunately people use beta testing as a means of demoing new features and reviewing them, instead of actually reporting bugs like it's intended.  And even worse, companies have caught on to this and often release a "beta" feature complete with little intention of actually utilizing feedback just as a marketing tool.

Granted there's still fun to be had trying out new things, but people should understand the risk associated.

(EDIT: As a developer myself, the best feedback is external by the people who use the software every day.  You can only catch so much in a limited internal environment, or in my case me and maybe two others whose expertise aren't necessarily in software QA xD... though I'm sure a company like Sony has very rigorous testing regimens before it even gets to this point so I bet it's 99.9% safe.  But either way, open beta testing is extremely valuable if companies and users take it seriously.)

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Lol, I was actually serious. I can't show a picture since I registered, but it was just a blue shield with the four x, o, square, triangle buttons on it. (It may be NA only? I don't know about other regions)

Ah okay. Doesn't sound like an avatar I would use anyway. But still fine for people who enjoy such things. And I wouldn't be surprised if this would be a regional thing.

5 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Ugly? That is the most beautiful pink elephant turtle... I can't even finish that sentence. The longer I look at it the worse it gets. I also think I kinda want it now. I've never been so conflicted. 

That gave me a good laugh. xD

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Change PSN ID twice a year, removing trophies between 0% - 25%, permanent removing all social unnecessary BS (twitch,yt,fb,etc.), possibility to create >16 profiles, activation of 4 systems at once, auto-sync trophies on/off, support for mouse/keyboard, possibility to hide bought items in PSS (not in Library).

You got me there for a second... I wish it was true... :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

Oh wait... Wrong topic... Shall posted this in "My dreams about perfect PS4 update".

:P

I participated in two already, since I couldn't get wait for possibility to remove 0% games and I did it right after installing the Beta.

Tested and reported couple of things, didn't encounter any serious issues. Just for fun :P.

You forgot complete backwards compatibility with all PS1/PS2/PS3 titles, both physical and digital.

ps: removing 0% profiles didn't require a PS4, the mobile app was enough, too bad they removed that feature (from the app)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

You forgot complete backwards compatibility with all PS1/PS2/PS3 titles, both physical and digital.

ps: removing 0% profiles didn't require a PS4, the mobile app was enough, too bad they removed that feature (from the app)

Hah, wanted to write it, but I know from my sources, that it will be only available in FW 6.66, so you have to be a bit more patient.

?

P.S. Didn't know that! Anyway, after last update PS app (android) is not informing about new messages, even that I have this option activated in the settings :( 

Edited by Smashero

27 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

You can still do it if you downgrade the app to an older version