Sign-up for the PS4 system update 6.00 beta

TugaSonic

57 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

How do you downgrade it? Which version still supports the 0% removal?

I'm using 4.20.9 and it still supports it, all you have to do is delete the newest one and download an older version from APKMirror or one of the other host sites for older app versions 

Only reason I never upgraded is I hated the redesign where the front page is all the social media crap

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I'm using 4.20.9 and it still supports it, all you have to do is delete the newest one and download an older version from APKMirror or one of the other host sites for older app versions 

Well thanks for the tip, i'll try it soon.

EDIT: it crashes.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, it works. Holy s**t.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Smashero said:

Change PSN ID twice a year, removing trophies between 0% - 25%, permanent removing all social unnecessary BS (twitch,yt,fb,etc.), possibility to create >16 profiles, activation of 4 systems at once, auto-sync trophies on/off, support for mouse/keyboard, possibility to hide bought items in PSS (not in Library).

Oh wait... Wrong topic... Shall posted this in "My dreams about perfect PS4 update".

:P

I participated in two already, since I couldn't get wait for possibility to remove 0% games and I did it right after installing the Beta.

Tested and reported couple of things, didn't encounter any serious issues. Just for fun :P.

Lol u actually had me going there until I scrolled down ??

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

Why would you sign up for betas like this? doenst it only endanger your PlayStation due to new unfixed bugs and stuff? and I don't assume you get anything (noteworthy) back either.

Another case of "wake up sheeple". I'll never understand why ppl actually volunteer as guinea pigs for beta testing when a. this is usually paid and b. Sony explicitly states in their disclaimer that in case of any damage to the user's system they will not be held responsible at all/for as low as $10/50 Euros or something (depending on the country iirc).

Quote from the ToA:

"IN NO EVENT WILL SIE Inc’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES EXCEED $10."

Contain your curiosity and wait some more days or a few weeks and you'll receive the update anyway. Or don't. I'm a sign, not a cop.

I signed up before this thread was even created lol.

I always sign up for the betas, never had an issue with any of them. And you can rollback if you want at any time. 

Just remember, I got black notifications back before everyone else, by months :P

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

I'm gonna pass. I heard updates like these can brick your console

Every single time a new firmware update is released someone trolls about consoles being bricked, disc drives that stops working and other crap like that lol.

It's the same in the PS3/Vita days.

Anyone else having issues with the NA link? Coming back with 404 Errors.

I participated in the 5.00 Beta...being able to have black notifications again, was about the only noteworthy thing in it though. But wasn't there something with the 5.50 Sign ups, where once you signed up, you were signed up for ALL beta tests? I swear I remember that being a thing. I wasn't accepted for 5.50 though, so I don't know if that went through.

Edited by TheViper4Life

20 hours ago, TheViper4Life said:

Anyone else having issues with the NA link? Coming back with 404 Errors.

I participated in the 5.00 Beta...being able to have black notifications again, was about the only noteworthy thing in it though. But wasn't there something with the 5.50 Sign ups, where once you signed up, you were signed up for ALL beta tests? I swear I remember that being a thing. I wasn't accepted for 5.50 though, so I don't know if that went through.

When I signed up for this beta, there was an option to sign up to be in a special tester group that would automatically sign me up for all future betas. It was an optional check box and they said if I was picked I would get an exclusive avatar (mentioned in posts above). So you may have selected that last beta and don't have to sign up for this one.

Or their is a 404 error and you can't sign up. With Sony, it's probably 50/50 either way.

Yeah the link is dead. Maybe 6.0 will bring name change API. EDIT: July 26 - I found a working link  and was able to register for beta. didn’t copy paste thr link, But if I come across it again, I’ll put it here. I know for sure the link did NOT include the actual update firmware number.

Edited by kitty_sullivan