Titans Trailer (2018)

DrakeHellsing

Why are they trying to so hard to be dark and edgy?  Teen Titans had some dark moments.  There's this one episode where Robin is going insane and seeing Slade everywhere and seriously hurting himself.  It's an extremely dark episode and very well done.  This voice acting, the animation, the character development it's all there.  One of my favorite episodes.  Maybe this movie can pull it off.  But what I'm seeing from the trailer is them hearing people complaining about Teen Titans GO being too soft and light and turning the dial in the complete different direction and still missing the mark.  If anything, the Trigon arc is one of my favorite parts so this movie has this going for it.

Hmm...I'll at least give them credit for trying to be different with their whole dark, gritty, edgy theme. I get trying to be different with how they approach the beloved Teen Titans, but this is just too much...

Judging from the comments on the Youtube pages that have the trailer (along with my personal opinions), this is not what I (or many DC fans) were looking forward to in a live-action show featuring the Teen Titans. I'll try to keep an open mind about it for now, but from what I have seen so far (trailer, pictures) and read (various articles), this will most likely be another disappointing misstep in the DCEU for DC.

25 minutes ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

Not sure what the negativity is all about, we haven't even seen one episode! But that's always the way on the internet.

It's because Raven is white and not grey, and Starfire is black and not orange also she is dressed like a prostitute 

On 7/20/2018 at 10:15 PM, NutellaOrgies said:

It's because Raven is white and not grey, and Starfire is black and not orange also she is dressed like a prostitute 

Especially because in every other version, her orange skin is because, you know, she's an alien from another planet.  I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they say that Starfire here was just a mutant born in New York or whichever.

• Like 1

Honestly, most of the outrage seems to be coming from people who have only watched the cartoon, have never read the comics, or if the had have selected memories when it comes to storylines.

So far nothing that has been shown so far has been out of character for any of the Titans. 

Skin Color of character:

Unfortunately no human has green, gray, or orange skin so we have to rely on special effects to change that. In the trailer it looks like they're using special effects to change Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven skin color so i'm not sure why people are upset. 

Nightwing:

In the late 90s-2000 era, comic Nightwing was pretty much a edgelord and and he would totally have said #fuckbatman plenty of times due to their ideological differences. Based on the trailer it seems like they may be in bludhaven which would put him right smack-dab in the middle of his edgelord time.

Raven:

While in the trailer she does seem to be younger than the other characters, half the time in the comics Raven is kind of crybaby who worries about her dark powers/ connection to trigon destroying the world. In most Titan stories is her connections to the other Titans that give her the strength to get over it. 

Starfire:

I don't get why people are upset about her outfit considering some of the outfits she has worn in the comics over the past 30 years. Also for a while in the comics Starfire was a supermodel, so for all we know they're using that part of her character in this story and that's why she dressed the way she is in the trailer. For more on her outfits (https://hobbylark.com/fandoms/Starfire-Costume-History)

Dove:

Dove is a weird one because she hasn't been shown that much, basically she is not a pacifist and sometimes it's just as a violent as any other superhero. Hawk just tends to be more violent.
Think of their powers more like Smart Warfare versus Chaotic Warfare instead of nonviolence vs. violence.

Beast Boy:

I haven't really seen much controversy about him, but like all comic book characters he is more than capable of being a edgelord at times and just be glad he isn't red instead of green.

Overall level of violence:

While I do you feel they are pushing for a MA rating for no reason, the fact remains that comics and by extension comic characters can be absurdly violent at times. In the comics almost every character in the Batman family basically crippled people every night they go out. Batarangs are not blunt instrument, they are used to cut and stab like 50% of the time in comics.

I do not understand why people are so upset about a show that's not even out yet, when they really should be upset that the stupid Gotham show still comes on. :spank:

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Reviving this thread to let people know that the show was actually good.

The first season handle the characters very well and created an interesting universe. 

I would say the show is worth subscribing to DC universe for a month to watch the entire season.

P.S. The show is way better than Gotham and Gotham needs to die:spank:

Edited by soultaker655

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:03 PM, soultaker655 said:

Reviving this thread to let people know that the show was actually good.

The first season handle the characters very well and created an interesting universe. 

I would say the show is worth subscribing to DC universe for a month to watch the entire season.

P.S. The show is way better than Gotham and Gotham needs to die:spank:

I agree! This show was great. I really enjoyed it and have enjoyed my DC sub since launch. Reading comics on my TV is super cool