Brutal difficulty w/ tweaks - here's some up-to-date info

29 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

Just finished the game on crushing and now I know that I don't want to have any of that on brutal (namely chapters 14, 22-26). Is there anything that can be used to make it easier, i.e. the tweak glitch or chapter skip (no crazy airwalks) with the digital ND collection that was on PS+ in January? My understanding is, that you can't unpatch that, but one can hope ...

A couple of months ago I found out (can't remember if it was from a thread or a Youtube video) that there is some way you can use a proxy server to download the 1.00 version of digital games on PS4. I personally never read Sony's terms of service agreement, so I don't know if that's allowed.. You can probably find out how to do this, if you duckduckgo it.

On 30.3.2020 at 5:01 PM, Infernopommes said:

Yeah, there's a thread about that somewhere on this forum, but while I'm also not sure if it's against the TOS, I'm not really tech savvy either.

Then your best bet is to do what I did and just buy the physical used for a few euros. Think I paid like 4€ for the used physical copy that will arrive soon, and I will resell it for roughly the same price once I am done with completing it. Not entirely sure yet if I get to use my current save from the ND collection for brutal, which would suck a bit if I had to blitz through the game 2 times, but it definitely still beats doing a legit brutal run without tweaks or golden pre order guns.

On 4/1/2020 at 6:02 PM, Nighcisama said:

Then your best bet is to do what I did and just buy the physical used for a few euros. Think I paid like 4€ for the used physical copy that will arrive soon, and I will resell it for roughly the same price once I am done with completing it. Not entirely sure yet if I get to use my current save from the ND collection for brutal, which would suck a bit if I had to blitz through the game 2 times, but it definitely still beats doing a legit brutal run without tweaks or golden pre order guns.

Who are you going to sell to if I may mask?

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Who are you going to sell to if I may mask?

Not sure about that yet, could sell it on Ebay, or Amazon where I got it from, definitely won't go to Gamestop though. Also kinda depends on if I earn the brutal difficulty trophy from it or not. Savegames between the physical and digital game are not compatible for some stupid reason despite the physical version also saying Nathan Drake collection, so I am currently going trough crushing just to get the brutal difficulty unlocked. If I end up doing that shit and not get what I was after in the first place, maybe I just snap the disc, throw it in the trash to be done with it quicker instead of going through the effort of selling it for a low price.

• Like 1

So I finally slogged through a crushing difficulty run on the 1.00 physical version, had some noticeably differences. Now I want to activate the tweaks so that I can finially get rid of this brutal difficulty run. The thing is, it won't work. I choose chapter select brutal, then ingame set it from brutal to crushing, activate the tweaks, quit to main menu, switch the difficulty back to brutal in chapter select and then get back into the game via continue. The games difficulty never returns to brutal, it always stays on crushing, the difficulty in the chapter select switches back from brutal to crushing the second I leave that menu. Before I officially flip the hell out, anyone got any idea why this shit does not work and what I can do to make it work? And yes I have the 1.00 version, I checked that, followed the step by step in videos and the description here several times.

11 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

So I finally slogged through a crushing difficulty run on the 1.00 physical version, had some noticeably differences. Now I want to activate the tweaks so that I can finially get rid of this brutal difficulty run. The thing is, it won't work. I choose chapter select brutal, then ingame set it from brutal to crushing, activate the tweaks, quit to main menu, switch the difficulty back to brutal in chapter select and then get back into the game via continue. The games difficulty never returns to brutal, it always stays on crushing, the difficulty in the chapter select switches back from brutal to crushing the second I leave that menu. Before I officially flip the hell out, anyone got any idea why this shit does not work and what I can do to make it work? And yes I have the 1.00 version, I checked that, followed the step by step in videos and the description here several times.

If I remember correctly your supposed to start the game on brutal go into your options lower the difficulty switch on the cheats raise the difficulty back up all without ever leaving the menu or the game so it never counts it as u really lowering the difficulty because u never resumed the game on anything lower than brutal

12 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

If I remember correctly your supposed to start the game on brutal go into your options lower the difficulty switch on the cheats raise the difficulty back up all without ever leaving the menu or the game so it never counts it as u really lowering the difficulty because u never resumed the game on anything lower than brutal

As I said I followed the description in this thread step by step, also a youtube video that did the exact same method. The difference seems to be that I can't switch back to brutal once the tweaks are activated, not in chapter select at least as it jumps right back to crushing and therefore playing with tweaks on brutal seems impossible. Starting to feel like I have been trolled.

15 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

So you say you're running the 1.00 version on the physical copy, did you have to stop it from updating to 1.02 when you were installing the game? Or did it come with 1.00 out of the box?

8 minutes ago, Selfproclaimed_ said:

So you say you're running the 1.00 version on the physical copy, did you have to stop it from updating to 1.02 when you were installing the game? Or did it come with 1.00 out of the box?

I installed the game from the disk while being offline so there was never a chance for it to update. When I go into the games information tab it also says 1.00, and the enemies getting ragdolled frequently and a few bugs being there that, as far as I know at least, weren't in the 1.02 version so it kinda confirms it too because I do not remember most of it happening to this extend in 1.02. Whats weird though is that even if I connect to the internet it does not update to 1.02, even when I press update now it tells me that I already have the most recent version, but the game keeps telling me its 1.00. Already tried reinstalling the game, only thing that changes is that I have to wait to activate tweaks because it supposedly is installing more stuff in the background for a few minutes, even if no internet connection is active. Only explanation I can think of other than the game fucking with me for the lols is that this versions 1.00 is the Nathan Drake collections fixed 1.02, somehow, though that would not explain how this version still feels so different to the ND 1.02 unless there were even more changes made.

5 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

I installed the game from the disk while being offline so there was never a chance for it to update. When I go into the games information tab it also says 1.00, and the enemies getting ragdolled frequently and a few bugs being there that, as far as I know at least, weren't in the 1.02 version so it kinda confirms it too because I do not remember most of it happening to this extend in 1.02. Whats weird though is that even if I connect to the internet it does not update to 1.02, even when I press update now it tells me that I already have the most recent version, but the game keeps telling me its 1.00. Already tried reinstalling the game, only thing that changes is that I have to wait to activate tweaks because it supposedly is installing more stuff in the background for a few minutes, even if no internet connection is active. Only explanation I can think of other than the game fucking with me for the lols is that this versions 1.00 is the Nathan Drake collections fixed 1.02, somehow, though that would not explain how this version still feels so different to the ND 1.02 unless there were even more changes made.

Is the front cover of your box the golden one? Or the one that shows all 3 games?

6 minutes ago, Selfproclaimed_ said:

Is the front cover of your box the golden one? Or the one that shows all 3 games?

Are you going to tell me now that activating the brutal tweaks only works for one specific physical version?

It is the 3 games on the cover, not the cool looking golden Drake btw.

Edited by Nighcisama

1 minute ago, Nighcisama said:

Guess I edited the answer in a bit too late. I got the 3 games on the cover, basically it looks like a cheap blu ray collection.

OK - it appears that there are two versions of the physical Nathan Drake collection copy. The one with the golden front cover is the original, and the one you have was released some 2 years ago, I believe. So it may be the case that the 1.02 patch is infact the 1.00 version on your newer copy. The fact that you can't update it also confirms this.

I am also in the same boat as you, wanting to beat brutal with tweaks and was going to purchase a used physical copy, when I noticed two different front covers.

So it looks like you need the original physical copy with the golden front cover!

Just now, Selfproclaimed_ said:

OK - it appears that there are two versions of the physical Nathan Drake collection copy. The one with the golden front cover is the original, and the one you have was released some 2 years ago, I believe. So it may be the case that the 1.02 patch is infact the 1.00 version on your newer copy. The fact that you can't update it also confirms this.

I am also in the same boat as you, wanting to beat brutal with tweaks and was going to purchase a used physical copy, when I noticed two different front covers.

So it looks like you need the original physical copy with the golden front cover!

Well fuck, seems like I beta tested this shit for you then. And with that I quit, fuck it, not gonna complete this game and probably going to hide it soon to get back to the 100% it screwed me out of by then because the other version costs like 20€ or more used, not gonna pay that kinda money for a single broken gold trophy. Fuck Naughty Dog and Bluepoint Games.

Good luck with your completion mate?

2 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Well fuck, seems like I beta tested this shit for you then. And with that I quit, fuck it, not gonna complete this game and probably going to hide it soon to get back to the 100% it screwed me out of by then because the other version costs like 20€ or more used, not gonna pay that kinda money for a single broken gold trophy. Fuck Naughty Dog and Bluepoint Games.

Good luck with your completion mate?

Well, that escalated quickly. Sorry to have been the bearer of bad news - hope you can get this trophy in the future.

I'm going to fish around for a used copy with the golden cover and attempt to activate tweaks and will report back for others!

19 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

Maybe try the proxy method? Savegames should be compatible, at least from my experience disc and digital version of a game can share the same savegame.

Yeah... No, I am not gonna fuck with my PS4 that much, the first method provided on the site also basically wants you to download some suspicious looking chinese software to your pc, and thats a hard nope from me. I don't want to give this series a chance to do actual damage to my devices, because given my luck with it so far this can only go badly for me.

Only options at this point are:

1. Playing this completely broken bullshit mode legit, which I won't do, ever, because I expect it to take dozens of hours and I already invested too much time into this.

2. Cheating to get it, which I would actually do at this point given that I feel cheated by the game, but I do not know how to and don't want to figure it out either, simply a line I don't want to cross.

3. Buying it if I happen to find it for a low price on ebay or something, cause fuck paying 20€ for this, it ain't even worth that to begin with, much less for 1 trophy especially after I already bought it used once and all it got me was wasting hours of my life to play through crushing a second time.

Edited by Nighcisama

2 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

Yeah... No, I am not gonna fuck with my PS4 that much, the first method provided on the site also basically wants you to download some suspicious looking chinese software to your pc, and thats a hard nope from me. I don't want to give this series a chance to do actual damage to my devices, because given my luck with it so far this can only go badly for me.

Only options at this point are:

1. Playing this completely broken bullshit mode legit, which I won't do, ever, because I expect it to take dozens of hours and I already invested too much time into this.

2. Cheating to get it, which I would actually do at this point given that I feel cheated by the game, but I do not know how to and don't want to figure it out either, simply a line I don't want to cross.

3. Buying it if I happen to find it for a low price on ebay or something, cause fuck paying 20€ for this, it ain't even worth that to begin with, much less for 1 trophy especially after I already bought it used once and all it got me was wasting hours of my life to play through crushing a second time.

You forgot option 4, have someone shareplay it for you. Option 3 seems the most efficient for you though, especially since modding gamesaves is against both PSNP and Sony's policies. 

11 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

You forgot option 4, have someone shareplay it for you.

The only thing worse than playing Uncharted on Brutal difficulty, is playing Uncharted on Brutal difficulty with shareplaylag on top. As if that wasn't enough, there's also a forced break every sixty minutes. A lot of players are without a doubt way faster than me, but I needed around 15 hours for Uncharted 2 on Brutal. So unless you get an absolute speedrunnerpro who finishes the game with all those crazy skips in under two hours (and why would he even agree, if not maybe for money), I don't see this as an option. (Although I think you were joking anyway.)

Edited by Infernopommes