Brutal difficulty w/ tweaks - here's some up-to-date info

On 5.4.2020 at 11:52 PM, ArmoredSnowman said:

You forgot option 4, have someone shareplay it for you. Option 3 seems the most efficient for you though, especially since modding gamesaves is against both PSNP and Sony's policies. 

Thats technically an option, and one I'd actually take at this point because I finished the game on crushing twice without tweaks which should have an equal value to a tweaked brutal run, but theres some problems with that. First is that shareplay can make the whole thing a bit tougher just because it takes a bit of a toll on performance, which can be annoying in a mode where a fraction of a second will decide whether you live or die, but the second and more important part is actually getting someone to do it. No one on my friends list would do that kinda shit, and I don't blame them, so theres only people outside of my friendlist. This isn't exactly a small favor people might do for someone on a whim, this is a several hour committment, a very frustrating one to boot. Sure I could offer to do something for this person in return, but chances are that anyone who can get through UC2 brutal without tweaks won't need my help for anything, unless he has problem with a specific game I happened to be good at, so as I said its not really a realistic option. Guess someone selling the early version of the physical game on Ebay really is the only somewhat realistic chance, though given how lazy I am to check up on these kind of things its likely that the game will just stay incomplete.

Edit: Well what do you know, actually ended up finding said version online for a reasonable price. At this point I will actually keep that one as a reminder of all the hassles I had to go through in order to complete it. Gonna throw away the other one though.

On 6.4.2020 at 0:00 AM, Infernopommes said:

The only thing worse than playing Uncharted on Brutal difficulty, is playing Uncharted on Brutal difficulty with shareplaylag on top. As if that wasn't enough, there's also a forced break every sixty minutes. A lot of players are without a doubt way faster than me, but I needed around 15 hours for Uncharted 2 on Brutal. So unless you get an absolute speedrunnerpro who finishes the game with all those crazy skips in under two hours (and why would he even agree, if not maybe for money), I don't see this as an option. (Although I think you were joking anyway.)

Technically the forced break is not a problem. You can save, then stop shareplay and just load the save to continue as far as I know. Does not change how grueling of a task this would be.

On 6.4.2020 at 0:02 AM, HusKy said:

I will add info about this into the first post. Seems like both the "new" NDC as well as standalone Among Thieves Remastered cannot be downgraded as they come prepatched.

Guess my fail purchase was good for something then if it at least saves other people from making the same mistake?

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Infernopommes said:

The only thing worse than playing Uncharted on Brutal difficulty, is playing Uncharted on Brutal difficulty with shareplaylag on top. As if that wasn't enough, there's also a forced break every sixty minutes. A lot of players are without a doubt way faster than me, but I needed around 15 hours for Uncharted 2 on Brutal. So unless you get an absolute speedrunnerpro who finishes the game with all those crazy skips in under two hours (and why would he even agree, if not maybe for money), I don't see this as an option. (Although I think you were joking anyway.)

Yeah, I hate the shareplay timer. It's fun doing shareplay coop on the Lego games, so sucks having to restart the shareplay session over and over. As for skips, I dunno if that would even work, as the game may not register some chapters being completed. I'm honestly surprised nobody's figured out a post-patch method to doing the tweak glitch. But yeah, it was a joke, since shareplay quality isn't the greatest. The best solution is to get a downgradeable copy of the game, rent the game, or just do small chapter skips, like going thru doors and such. 

1 hour ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Yeah, I hate the shareplay timer. It's fun doing shareplay coop on the Lego games, so sucks having to restart the shareplay session over and over.

The forced break doesn't sabotage the game or anything, I just meant as if the lag wasn't enough, there is more annoying stuff to this method when you help someone for a longer time. I don't understand the logic behind it either, because you can immediately restart shareplay, so what's the point of it?!

As for skips, I dunno if that would even work, as the game may not register some chapters being completed.

For the continuous speedrun trophy, you are not allowed to skip entire chapters, you can only skip within chapters. For the campaign modus, you can skip all the chapters that are skippable if you are capable of doing it, and as long as you have started with chapter 1 and finished the last chapter, you would get all difficulty related trophies that you would have gotten if you'd played completely legit.

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys sorry if this was mentioned above but if i have the digital version of the nathan drake collection ps4 and i buy a disc version on either just UC2 or the nathan drake collection will my save file carry over to either of the disc version so i can use the tweaks glitch that was patched on that same save file from the Digital version? Thanks

10 minutes ago, Equilibrium-2113 said:

Yes and No, disc and digital versions use the same save files, so they are compatible to each other.

But be careful some of the disc versions like the standalone UC2 are pre-patched. (read the spoiler in the start post) 

okay thanks, so id need to get the oldest disc version of the collection and my save files would carry over from the digital version? 

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to post an update: Turns out you DON'T need the disc version. I uninstalled the game, turned off my ps4 and turned it back on and it the game automatically started downloading (I was connected via wi-fi. This didn't happen when I was connected with LAN cable). Separate from the game, update 1.02 started downloading and I cancelled the download. After everything else finished downloading, I followed the steps on this thread and tweaks worked fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen quite a few comments on YouTube guides for this method saying that you can reinstall the update after you get past the first chapter and keep the tweaks. I'll do a playthrough myself and report back so maybe we can update the tips if it proves accurate.  

Edited by bikeman223

Yep, I can confirm that reinstalling the patch after having followed all the steps and set up the tweaks does not void the trophy. You may need to play until at least chapter 2 before updating but I can't confirm that. I saw at least two other comments on YT that also got the trophy after reinstalling the update.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Yep, I can confirm that reinstalling the patch after having followed all the steps and set up the tweaks does not void the trophy. You may need to play until at least chapter 2 before updating but I can't confirm that. I saw at least two other comments on YT that also got the trophy after reinstalling the update.  

So, should I play first playthrough on Crushing. Then uninstall the game to 1.00, activate the tweaks, get to chapter 2, install update, continue? 

Or should I keep it 1.00 until the tweaks moment? 

10 minutes ago, Aeternull said:

So, should I play first playthrough on Crushing. Then uninstall the game to 1.00, activate the tweaks, get to chapter 2, install update, continue? 

Basically keep the game at 1.00 until you set up the tweaks. Once they're set up then it doesn't matter if the game gets updated or not, just reach chapter 2. It doesn't really matter for Crushing unless you want to use tweaks for that too.

4 hours ago, Aeternull said:

The patch is not required at all. Once I downgraded the game back to 1.00, I just did the tweak exploit and continued my playthrough offline until I was done.

On 13/08/2020 at 9:10 PM, Only1Tommo1 said:

I have both the digital version of the collection and the Uncharted collection on disc (the blue  hits version)

Would my saves carry from those to the original gold disc version?

I’m also wondering if this works, I have the blue case physical version.

Can anyone confirm?

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/08/2020 at 8:26 PM, Eqill5 said:

I’m also wondering if this works, I have the blue case physical version.

Can anyone confirm?

I was wondering the same thing...? I ave a physical copy but it is definitely not the Playstation hits version but still is the same cover with the 3 games on front just minus the hits bit. They swapped the covers over in Europe for some reason but I don't know if this means they then also put the prepatched discs in. 

I'm finishing up my brutal and speed run of UC1 then will be going on to UC2. I plan on doing everything until my brutal run last and then testing my physical version. I will post my results when I have done it. 

You mention that the gold cover Uncharted Collection is the only type that isn't pre-patched. Does the red case "PlayStation Hits" with the gold cover art (the same one in your picture) also work or is it only blue case versions? Wanna make sure I don't make an ill-advised purchase.

A bit of research from this morning.

I originally played through all 3 games on the blue case “PlayStation Hits” physical version and all I have left is Brutal on U2 & U3. Bought the gold case “Nathan Drake Collection” for this as I thought I couldn’t do the tweak method without.

What I’ve found out, to answer my own question and others above is that 

-These two physical versions install on the PS4 as separate applications

-The Save Game data does NOT carry over between these two disc versions

-When I installed Gold version there was no save data to use and Brutal was locked

I then decided to delete my game data for Blue version just to check the update for when I install it and it turns out I can revert to Update 1.00 on this physical version. I am using the Blue Case Uncharted Collection with “PlayStation Hits” across the top in a red banner. As far as I was aware this physical version came pre patched? Unless I seem to be a lucky one.

I’d recommend either checking if your disc version is capable of reverting to 1.00, or if you haven’t yet started, buy the correct version first. If you’ve already run through Crushing (like I did on all 3 games) and realise your save data won’t carry over between discs, you’ll have to play through Crushing again before playing Brutal

I will add my case.

I finished all three games on Launch only brutal and speed run left. I get rid of the game copy. Then after some time I got PS+ version and recently finished U1 with tweaks and no issues.

The U2 tweaks was not working for me. I was able to get only to chapter "the Dig" and stuck there. 

I was afraid to use proxy method, so I went to the store and bought the disk with red line above "Playstation hits".

At home I removed digital game, also removed LAN cable to stay offline. Insert the disk and the game with version 1.00 started to install.

U2 Brutal with tweaks working. Already at chapter 10.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SpikeToW said:

U2 Brutal with tweaks working. Already at chapter 10.  

Awesome. Just to confirm I finished my Brutal run tonight and the trophy popped. I’m playing on an Austrian copy of the game, don’t know if that has anything to do with it

On 7/20/2018 at 2:45 PM, HusKy said:

I have finished Brutal difficulty run with tweaks couple days ago and thought clearly written step-by-step instructions might be useful for some people.

This time, the steps are different compared to Uncharted 1.

Game info:

Type: Physical (The Nathan Drake Collection)

Version: 1.00 - no patch (I tried this with 1.02 and couldn't get it to work)

Warning: Only old version of Nathan Drake Collection with gold cover can be downgraded. New "PlayStation Hits" version cannot be downgraded and comes pre-patched at v1.00.

Same applies to standalone "Among Thieves Remastered".

Reveal hidden contents

gj5qRng.pngNTOoPHo.png

Before you start:

- I'd suggest making a backup of your save in case something terrible happens.

- You'll have to make sure your PS4 does not install patch 1.02. Either go offline or make sure you stop the patch once it starts downloading.

(In my case, I went offline)

Steps to start new game with tweaks enabled:

0. Finish the game on Crushing difficulty.

1. Go to chapter select, choose first chapter, set difficulty to Brutal and start the chapter. Save dialog will appear - choose the active save and overwrite it.

2. First chapter starts by hanging down from a derailed train. Once you can control Nate, press Options button.

3. Go to "Options" -> "Game" -> "Difficulty" - set it to "Crushing", press O 2x and you should be in the main Options screen.

4. Go to "Bonuses" -> "Rewards" -> "Tweaks" and enable tweaks you like. Unlimited ammo and 1-shot kills are probably what you want.

5. Press O 2x and you should be in the main Options screen once again. Choose "Quit to Main Menu".

6. You should appear in the main menu screen of Uncharted 2.

7. Go to chapter select, first chapter should be "pre-selected" and the difficulty should be set to "Crushing". Change it to "Brutal" but don't start the chapter.

8. Go back to main Uncharted 2 menu. Choose "Continue" and the game should start in chapter 1 where you were previously.

9. Press Options button and check the difficulty - it should be set to "Brutal". Check tweaks afterwards. They should be enabled with red "disabled" sign on the left side.

At this point, tweaks are enabled on Brutal difficulty and you are good to go. You can test them further down in chapter 1 once you find pistol.

When playing the game later again, choose "Continue" in the main menu, not chapter select.

Personally, I have always made sure I played on 1.00 but I have read somewhere that once you enable tweaks on Brutal, even with patch installed it should just work.

If everything worked correctly:

- enabled tweaks should become part of your save

- you should not need to enable them again for this particular run even if you quit the game, turn off the console and later load your save

- you should not need to enable them again if you die in the game

- if you go to main menu, choose "Chapters", you should see all finished chapters marked with Brutal difficulty

Hope this helps someone. ?

I deleted the patch and there was no chapter select that I can use.Also I'm playing on the nathan drake collection so what the fuck.

Edited by THEULTRAMEMELORD

4 minutes ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

I deleted the patch and there was no chapter select that I can use.

Of course there isn't. You did a full quote, but did you read the entire post as well?

After deleting the patch, you have to finish the game on Crushing first. The savefiles of the patched version don't work with v1.00, so the game doesn't know that you played already.