An anime related trophy event that needed a title but couldn't think of one so we went with this instead...

I can't in good conscience enter this without giving a proper synopsis for each of my anime, so here we go:

1. The Guided Fate Paradox - Trapped in Another World (12 episodes)

Spoiler

Meet Renya, an unlucky shmuck who has been riddled with misfortune all his life. One day, he wins the First Annual Worldwide Unlucky Lottery and becomes "God". In exchange for a posse of angel maids and butlers, Renya must leave behind life as he knew it to defeat evil angels and grant the wishes of unfortunate souls, like a princess and a mermaid, and...another princess, and...okay. So Renya actually helps some pretty interesting folk. Slowly destroying his body and soul with every wish granted, dangerous foes await, like the Seven Game-Hopping Assassins, Survival Hell, and the Four Rival Martial Arts Schools of Pain. Will Renya be able to GUIDE HIS FATE TO A REVOLUTION?

2. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation - Harem/Trapped in Another World (12 episodes)

Spoiler

Join Neptune and friends as they explore a whole new Gamindustri, which is like the old Gamindustri, except Father Time took one too many 5-hour energies and now speeds through any and all down-time (except for down-time when you're item farming; that's sacred). In this strange, new land, the CPUs must take on the Seven Sages. Though that is only a front to the true evil that lies ahead, STELLA! She also has a shady black cat, so you know she means mischief. Will the CPUs be able to take on this almighty foe and still have enough time to max out their lily ranks?

3. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - Battle Anime (12 episodes)

Spoiler

Ol' Hazama's up to his crazy antics again, and everyone who's anyone wants a piece of the action. Roaming around Kagutsuchi are strange creatures like talking cat people, puppet masters, soldiers, ninjas, a doctor with a really, REALLY long pole, and more. With different goals and aspirations colliding together, old friends will inevitably become old foes. Rivalries will ensue, and some may even lose themselves in the fight. In this absolute bloodbath of a Saturday afternoon, who will come out on top?

4. Dead or Alive 5 - Battle Anime/Ecchi (24 episodes)

Spoiler

It's swimsuit season, and this year's fashion show is in the ring! Fighters from all over the globe are coming together for the fifth annual Dead or Alive Tournament (don't ask about 1-4; we're not allowed to talk about those). Fighters will have to take on EXTREME challenges, such as mastering combos, taking on an onslaught of one hundred challengers, and resisting the temptation of countless lewd tactics within the ring. With so many extreme events and fierce competitors, will anyone make it out alive to see the end of the tournament?

Also, in case anyone wants to discuss other anime I'm watching, I'm currently watching My Hero Academia S3, Angels of Death, Cells at Work, Black Clover, and Hanebado!

• Like 4

Interesting event idea, sign me up.

Games:

1. Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme vs. (Mecha) 
  2. Chaotic: Shadow Warriors (Shounen/Card game)
  3. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (Fantasy)
  4. Battle Princess of Arcadias (Shoujo)

Anime: 

1. My Hero Academia S3 (Dub)
  2. Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 3

So we pick games to complete and try to find an anime that seems similar to that game? Sounds random but interesting.

Say, do games count as completed if there's one easy trophy left in order to be finished at a later date? This could be a fun thing for me to do besides the PSVita anniversary event in that case, otherwise I'll probably pass. And do we discuss the anime that we are generally watching at the moment (and can they count as a substitute for some of the month's games?) or just those we found similar to our games?

49 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Animu event? :awesome: 

Me interested :awesome: 

Can we join with games that we don't have finished or only new ones?

Both @jem and I both joined with unfinished but not new games. So I'm pretty sure you can just join with whatever games as long as it can fit a anime theme.

Anime Event

6e3284c3a6541b1d25fe7de3eb44d690.gif

Sign me up.

Games:

1. Shining Resonance Refrain (Music/Fantasy)

2. Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment (Isekai)

3. Warriors: Legends of Troy (Action/Fantasy) :platinum:

4. Tekken 6 (Supernatural/Fighting) :platinum:

5. Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (Supernatural/Adventure) 100%

6. Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Super Power/Action)

7. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Super Power/Battle)

8. Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match (Sports/Military/School) :platinum:

9. Omega Labyrinth (Ecchi)

10. The Asterisk War: Phoenix Festa (Action/Ecchi/Fantasy/Harem/School/Sci-Fi) Split Season.

Anime:

Summer Anime 2018 that is 12/13 episodes:

1. Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu

2. Hataraku Saibou

3. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

4. Island

5. Overlord III

6. Hanebado!

7. Asobi Asobase

8. Happy Sugar Life

9. Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria

10. Shichisei no Subaru

11. Harukana Receive

12. Jashin-chan Dropkick

13. Sunoharasou no Kanrinin-san

14. Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki

15. Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes

16. Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight

17. Lord of Vermilion: Guren no Ou

18. Planet With

19. One Room 2nd Season

20. Yama no Susume: Third Season

21. Ongaku Shoujo (TV)

22. Cinderella Girls Gekijou 3rd Season

23. Muhyo to Rouji no Mahouritsu Soudan Jimusho

24. Back Street Girls: Gokudolls

On-going and end airing this season Anime:

1. Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season

2. Black Clover

3. Akkun to Kanojo

4. Gegege no Kitarou (2018)

5. Juushinki Pandora

6. Gundam Build Divers

7. Nobunaga no Shinobi Season 3

8. Satsuriku no Tenshi

Old Anime:

1. Nourin
  2. Nobunaga no Shinobi Season 2
  3. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
  4. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Kirameki no... Slapstick Noel
  5. Isuca
  6. Isuca: Gokuraku
  7. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren
  8. Kiznaiver
  9. Nichijou
  10. Nichijou: Nichijou no 0-wa

11. Fate/Extra: Last Encore - Irusterias Tendousetsu
  12. Dragon Ball Kai
  13. Gintama Season 1

14. Souten no Ken

15. Selector Spread WIXOSS

16. Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova

17. 3D Kanojo: Real Girl

18. Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 2

Sounds like a fun event. I'll include some games i'm pretty sure i'll finish over the season.

• EDF 2: Invaders of planet space. (Comedy/War)
  • Final Fantasy XII (Fantasy)
  • Bloodborne (Horror/Action)
  • Megadimension VIIR (Isekai/Comedy)

Anime i'm watching this season:

• Attack on Titan S3: Releases tomorrow, pretty excited for this season. While i didn't really enjoy s2 that much, there's still a lot of things we don't know. So i do want to know what next.
  • Black Clover: I'm actually really liking this one now. It started a bit generic, but it has had some pretty good moments to far.
  • Cells at Work!: Definitely my fav new anime this season. Funny, laid back anime that has some pretty good action scenes too.
  • How to NOT summon a demon lord: I like my isekai's. This one shows promise but at the same time it's also generic and a bit 'trashy' due to being harem & ecchi.
  • My Hero Academia 3: One of the best upcoming shounens atm, great show.
  • Overlord III: One of my favourite anime these days. Been reading the light novel too. Eagerly await every tuesday this season :D
  • Planet With: Seems quite interesting, has a lot of wacky character/mecha designs.
  • The Master of Ragnarok: Another isekai, doesn't show much promise - will probably drop.
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, xFalionx said:

So we pick games to complete and try to find an anime that seems similar to that game? Sounds random but interesting.

Say, do games count as completed if there's one easy trophy left in order to be finished at a later date? This could be a fun thing for me to do besides the PSVita anniversary event in that case, otherwise I'll probably pass. And do we discuss the anime that we are generally watching at the moment (and can they count as a substitute for some of the month's games?) or just those we found similar to our games?

Anime licensed and "anime" mainly but if you have another game in mind and it fits a genre or similar to an anime feel free to use it, you can think of this as a more casual completion event with anime discussion alongside it. I will count games with an easy trophy if you are saving them for events like the Vita birthday event as for anime talking of currently watching or those in the past is fine and no they do not replace a game for the 4 games.

10 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Animu event? :awesome: 

Me interested :awesome: 

Can we join with games that we don't have finished or only new ones?

Games can be already started or new that doesn't matter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shana Alter said:

Anime licensed and "anime" mainly but if you have another game in mind and it fits a genre or similar to an anime feel free to use it, you can think of this as a more casual completion event with anime discussion alongside it. I will count games with an easy trophy if you are saving them for events like the Vita birthday event as for anime talking of currently watching or those in the past is fine and no they do not replace a game for the 4 games.

In that case sign me up.

Games:

• Jak 3 (Cyberpunk/Super Power)
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Battle/Super Power)
  • Freedom Wars (Cyberpunk/War)
  • Tales of Hearts R (Fatasy/Battle)

Anime I'm watching at the moment:

Manga:

I might be adding Anime/Games as I go depending on my mood and the time left in the season.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

I have had a love affair with anime since the first time I saw it on way late night tv back in my teens. I believe it was Grave of the Fireflys. After that Scifi started airing it on Sat mornings and got to see greats like Akira, Record of Lodoss War, and Vampire Hunter D. I watched it off and on ever since. 

Games Im considering playing.

Ni No Kuni 2: I mean this is Studio Ghibli. That just screams anime. Most of the cut scenes I have seen so far are almost studio quality. I want to see how it turns out.

Persona 4 Dance All Night: This game to me says filler episode. Like most animes there are those ridiculous episodes that have no meaning to the plot of the series. Some times they are slightly entertaining though.

J-Stars Victory VS+: A mash up game of a bunch of different anime characters. I have had this game on my wishlist since it released, maybe now I will pick it up for my vita and comlplete it.

Animes to watch:

I am going old school. I hope you all enjoy the ride.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood: One of my all time favs. I am watching it now with my kids off and on. I am in season 2.

Record Of Lodoss War: A classic fantasy anime series. 

Dominion Tank Police/ New Dominion Tank Police. 

8 Man After

Akira

I may do more, but that is all for now.

• Like 1

I'd like to join, thanks to @soultaker655 for helping me with some of the categories

• Blue Reflection (I'm guessing this would work for Yuri, as I noticed Satoshi had this in the same category)
  • Danganronpa 2 (Mystery/Thriller)
  • Tales of Hearts R (Fantasy)
  • Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hardgirls (Comedy/Ecchi)

As for anime, I'm generally not very good at keeping up with shows but @Kent encouraged me to try out Food Wars and MHA, so I'll probably watch more episodes of those.

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 3

I went ahead and already finished one of my games. Bloodborne. I did most of the game last month in co-op and had been putting off doing the chalice dungeons, but glad i have a souls plat now :D 

As for anime, Attack on titan s3 started today. OP isn't really in the same style as the others which is a shame, but aside from that the season started off quite good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'd like to join, thanks to @soultaker655 for helping me with some of the categories

• Blue Reflection (I'm guessing this would work for Yuri, as I noticed Satoshi had this in the same category)
  • Danganronpa 2 (Mystery/Thriller)
  • Tales of Hearts R (Fantasy)
  • Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hardgirls (Comedy/Ecchi)

As for anime, I'm generally not very good at keeping up with shows but @Kent encouraged me to try out Food Wars and MHA, so I'll probably watch more episodes of those.

Hey, finally someone playing a game that I'm also playing. Tales of buddies. :highfive:

Also, a friend of mine really wants me to watch Food Wars because he liked it so much but I don't want to get hungry looking at food all the time. :D 

35 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

I went ahead and already finished one of my games. Bloodborne. I did most of the game last month in co-op and had been putting off doing the chalice dungeons, but glad i have a souls plat now :D 

As for anime, Attack on titan s3 started today. OP isn't really in the same style as the others which is a shame, but aside from that the season started off quite good.

Congrats on you plat. Are you watching AoT dubbed? I would never be able to wait that long. After the end of season 2 I jumped straight into the manga and then watched S3 as it aired in Japan. You're in for some good stuff. :) 

Anyways, I finished my first game today as well:

Jak 3

1Le0a5a5.png

Fait Accompli 
For Stamina and Time On Your Hands and an insatiable need for completion.

Started this yesterday as part of my KYC 777 lineup and managed to beat it in two days. As for it's likeness to anime, there isn't a great deal but the cyberpunk setting of a dystopian city as well as the eco super powers of the protagonist Jak feel anime enough. Also, there are spider-like robots similar to those from Ghost in the Shell.

I liked the game so much that I'm gonna start Jak 2 tomorrow, so you can add this to my list as well, @Shana Alter. It's got the same (Cyberpunk/Super Powers) genre and it's gonna be one of my Vita anniversary games so I'll probably leave a collectible trophy uncompleted until February.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Congrats on you plat. Are you watching AoT dubbed? I would never be able to wait that long. After the end of season 2 I jumped straight into the manga and then watched S3 as it aired in Japan. You're in for some good stuff. :) 

No, i'm watching it subbed. S3 just started airing now. I'm not sure which season 3 you're talking about :D

But yes, with this season being 24 episodes - i really hope they'll get to the point where they'll finally explain some stuff. If not then it might cave in and start reading the manga.

Spoiler

I need to know what's in that BASEMENT!!! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Hey, finally someone playing a game that I'm also playing. Tales of buddies. :highfive:

Also, a friend of mine really wants me to watch Food Wars because he liked it so much but I don't want to get hungry looking at food all the time. :D 

I have to admit I kind of copied you when I saw it was on your list :highfive:

I've only watched the first few episodes of Food Wars and really enjoyed it, just need to get back to watching.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

No, i'm watching it subbed. S3 just started airing now. I'm not sure which season 3 you're talking about :D

But yes, with this season being 24 episodes - i really hope they'll get to the point where they'll finally explain some stuff. If not then it might cave in and start reading the manga.

Reveal hidden contents

I need to know what's in that BASEMENT!!! 

Yeah, my bad, it was 1 am when I wrote that and in my head S1 felt so much like two seasons that I kinda got confused, especially since I didn't know another season of AoT was airing so early. Season two took forever to air. :P Looks like I can add another anime to my list, then. :D 

And they will probably get to that part, S2 already had a pretty hurried pace in terms of manga material and 24 episodes should be enough to close the gap.

• Like 1

A bit late to the party, but I'll join too. Here's the list of games so far:

• Cyberdimension Neptunia (isekai/comedy/parody)
  • Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness (crime-solving)
  • Entwined (supernatural/romance)
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail (action)

As for anime, here's what I want to watch:

• Angolmois Genkou Kassenki
  • Aru Zombie Shoujo no Sainan
  • Happy Sugar Life
  • Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria
  • Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu
  • Island
  • Jashin-chan Dropkick
  • Overlord 3
  • Shingeki no Kyojin 3
  • Sirius the Jaeger
  • Yuragisou no Yuuna-san

Though I can already tell that's not going to happen.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

*slash*

You have 3 games listed so you can join but 4 are needed at minimum and to be completed in a season for the medal/trophy.

14 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

*stab*

Good job on the platinum and as for the new OP it just doesn't fit for me unsure how to say it but the song is good but just doesn't go with everything.

13 hours ago, xFalionx said:

*cut*

Good job on the platinum and yeah that is fine with the delay for it as well.

Everybody who has joined should be added to the OP at least though will change how that is klater on to show games/platinums to keep track and for easier to see.

Will post my games and the anime I am currently watching soon

• Like 1