An anime related trophy event that needed a title but couldn't think of one so we went with this instead...

Started Valkyria Chronicles and might add it to the list. Liking it so far, though the mission ranking seems very unbalanced. So far managed to get 2 A rankings on story missions and lots of C and D, with D having no bonus exp and money. Toukiden The Age of Demons also hasn't been kind with its RNG. Did manage to create 2 pieces of the Ancient Ugaya set, so only 2 more remaining.

How's everyone else doing?

• Like 1

lS9vHZI.gif Summer Plat #2 R3G2K1m.gif

8171feba7b3fa8ce9c1f40d0683bbaf715356568

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match

For Anime,I have tried that Amazon Prime but it Disappointed me very very much as I could not watch any of the airing anime. for me Amazon Prime can burn in hell. I did watch Sunohara-sou no Kanrinin-san up to Episode 8. I loved that twintail grayu(She`s smarter then she looks) that happen to be a Gamer.

kbyKmZTkgQWBDHq2inI8XWJ8rbb.jpg

Edited by Leon Castle

A lot happened since my last post.

I randomly decided to watch Paprika and I think that movie is what got me back into anime after not really feeling like watching anything at all.

I finished Highschool DxD New, didn't start BorN yet, though. Overall still as good as the first season and I just love ecchi anime with MCs that are actually into it. Just makes it a million times funnier than the usual tropes. Another thing that makes this anime special is that the story is actually interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing what's gonna happen next. That's pretty rare in ecchi and/or comedy anime.

I also finished the second season of Assassination Classroom. Another comedy anime with an interesting story that gets your really invested in the characters. The ending was just perfect and there's now way I could see it being done better than what actually happened. This one is definitely gonna stay in my memory for a while. :yay:

And finally, as well as most importantly:

I've decided to start Made in Abyss, which was a really bad decision in hindsight because I didn't get any sleep that night. And I spent the next day waiting for school to be over so I could watch the final 3 episodes. Then I immediately read the manga starting from the beginning, through the point where the anime stops and then everything until the most recent chapter. And now I feel absolutely empty inside. I just don't have any words to describe this anime. I don't even remember the last time I felt this way about an anime. If it did happen it must have been Shinsekai Yori but I think Made in Abyss managed to snag the spot of my favorite anime from the latter. It's unbelievable how this story managed to incorporate everything I love about anime. It reminds me of Miyazaki movies like Spirited Away with that constant feeling of dread from Puella Magi Madoka Magica along with a stunning artstyle, a world to get lost in, characters to get attached to and an absolutely beautiful soundtrack that I just can't stop listening to, even now. And I think the content that is yet to be seen in the anime is even better.

Since there are probably quite a few people in this thread who are more well versed in anime than me, I'd love to get some recommendations on anime with a similar feel to Made in Abyss. The only ones that come to mind, off the top of my head, would be Shinsekai Yori, Madoka Magika and maybe Zankyou no Terror but those are all anime I've already watched. I guess manga/light novel/VN recommendations would be alright with me as well.

Nothing major happened in the games department. I let Tales of Hearts rest for a little while and I've started Freedom Wars. I've passed the CODE 3 exam and the story is finally starting to get interesting. This may very well be the game I finish next.

• Like 2

I still haven't watched any anime, but did make progress with Toukiden and Valkyria Chronicles. Got the complete Ancient Ugaya set in the meantime and only need 4 more weapons to craft an entire weapon tree. The only ones remaining need to be upgraded to the max, then combined with a mitama (souls). Speaking of those, I have 122/200 mitama. In Valkyria I reached the second battle of chapter 15 .... and it has a cheap OP boss again. The mission briefing mentions to attack from the rear, only that's impossible considering how the boss ran into a corner of the map and bunkered down. She also seems to have ~300 degrees vision, which means she sees every attack coming and auto-dodges the bullets... even when snipers are firing from the other side of the map.

• Like 1

Added Tekken 6 and Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity to my list of games and I`am very close to clear them as I only need the Online Matches on Tekken 6 and Raise Sakuya's critical hit rate to 50% or higher, Dealt over 10,000 damage in a single hit as Sakuya before getting the True End.

Obviously the flow was with me this morning. After parking and waiting before work started I was able to knock out the last of the difficulty related trophies for Persona DAN. I have spent the rest of the day chipping away at the rest of the money I need to earn to be 100% until my battery just died and I have one or two more songs to be complete.

• Like 1

And it is complete. Only needed to finish two more songs to get enough cash to get the last outfit. 

So at the beginning I decribed Persona DAN as a filler episode. And I stand by that statement. You really do not need to have prior experience with any other game to enjoy this one. You also get just enough of a sense of the characters and plot that it works. Yes a dancing rhythm game based on an rpg is pretty silly. What is not it its overall message. All about being your trueself and being able to express that. I am sure I will pick up the other two when they release in a few months.

lS9vHZI.gif Summer Plat #3 R3G2K1m.gif

1Lea276f.png

Finally did that damn online, The game is fun until the Online part comes. I hope Tekken 7 don`t that bad online or even better no online trophies.

Now I sleep as the Online made tired as heck KX1ZGnc.gif

Tomorrow I might just be watching Anime all day

• Like 2

On 9/8/2018 at 11:55 PM, Leon Castle said:

lS9vHZI.gif Summer Plat #3 R3G2K1m.gif

1Lea276f.png

Finally did that damn online, The game is fun until the Online part comes. I hope Tekken 7 don`t that bad online or even better no online trophies.

Now I sleep as the Online made tired as heck KX1ZGnc.gif

Tomorrow I might just be watching Anime all day

On 9/8/2018 at 7:56 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

And it is complete. Only needed to finish two more songs to get enough cash to get the last outfit. 

So at the beginning I decribed Persona DAN as a filler episode. And I stand by that statement. You really do not need to have prior experience with any other game to enjoy this one. You also get just enough of a sense of the characters and plot that it works. Yes a dancing rhythm game based on an rpg is pretty silly. What is not it its overall message. All about being your trueself and being able to express that. I am sure I will pick up the other two when they release in a few months.

Congrats with the new plats :yay: . I'm getting close to obtaining Valkyria Chronicles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spider5786 said:

Got my 75th platinum which was Steins; Gate. Now have two platinums for this event Root Letter and now Steins; Gate. I recently bought Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Dragon Quest XI so those games are keeping me busy. Haven't been watching too much anime lately.

Congrats :yay: . Steins;Gate is my favourite VN. Are you going to play S;G 0 too?

• Like 1

No plat on this list but I made progress on Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

The ultimate battle with Goku was a awesome fight.

Island

92145.jpg

A little funny it changed it's name to "Never Island" in the middle of the anime until it went back to "Island" before the climax.

Of the 3 girls I liked the Rinne

Spoiler

Or Whatever Name She goes by in the end after giving her name "back" to Her Mom.

I also liked "Island" Karen and Kuon/Rinne the first

Spoiler

b3743ac1b5e2e00fe3d42bb754dd853f15372026

Young Rinne

fe6064e10b75b18b14ff5e7d12cd41d415336787

Kuon/Older Rinne

4b1138a5021641352965d26587a880d015372054

f883a70dc6cec6fff61df1ba73237bbc15372054

eea84089ab62ec98a80c59e5db1daa8115372056

Might get both PS Vita and Steam one day.

Vita to get plat and Steam to understand what cute girls are saying.

Update

Games:

1. Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme vs. (Mecha)   Done.
  2. Chaotic: Shadow Warriors (Shounen/Card game) Done.
  3. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (Fantasy) Moved to next Season.
  4. Battle Princess of Arcadias (Shoujo) Moved to next Season.
  5. はじめの一歩/Hajime no ippo (Sports/Drama) Done.
  6. Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom (Shounen/Action) Moved to next Season.
  7. Mass Effect: Andromeda (Space Drama) Done.

Finished Andromeda, Chaotic, and Ippo since my last update. 

• Andromeda is a mediocre game that should not be compared to the original trilogy, because it's not fair for it or them. 60-70 hour plat if you do some trophies in MP.
  • Chaotic is a okay game for what it is. It's only a UR plat because of the MP. The MP takes like 4 hours to boost. The story mode takes like 5-6 hours to beat.
  • Ippo is a pretty fun game, especially if you know a lot about the series. It is kind of a grindy game, but most of it can be circumvented if you know what you're doing. 20-25 hour plat.

I'm getting pretty busy with school so i'm moving the rest of the games on my list to the next season.

Best game song of the season:

Anime: 

1. My Hero Academia S3 (Dub)
  2. Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
  3. Little Witch Academia 
  4. Luck and Logic Done
  5. Ghost in the Shell: Arise 
  6. Magi
  7. LEGEND OF THE GALACTIC HEROES 
  8. CardFight Vanguard (2011): First seasonDone

Didn't watch much of the anime on my list because I started watching CardFight Vanguard (2011). It was pretty good. It did a good job at showing how the game can be played with anime drama added in. Dub is pretty good for what it is and when it was made. 

Best anime song of the season:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spider5786 said:

Thanks I actually played S;G 0 first because it was on sale on ps4. When I saw the original on sale for the vita I made sure I picked it up.

Yare yare :/

Why can't people play their VNs in order? :( 

On topic: Finished Island anime-wise. Waiting for info about the localized PS version before getting JP Vita one xD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami