Removed from the PS Store?

Quink666

It looks like this might be the time of year that Activision is delisting crap without actually announcing it, so the main thing I recommend people getting before it's pulled is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 on PS4, expensive but it might be your last chance, they very likely won't bother to renew the license for it when it expires. 

This was actually delisted like half a year ago. I asked the dev about it at the time and they said it was due to their publishing deal with Activision expiring and that they were looking at putting it back up, but that obviously never ended up happening. 

It has been removed because of the license. PT has also been removed from the pstore for other reasons, the difference is that white night for those who have already downloaded can play it again (I think) while PT is impossible to download back, but for who never deleted the game can still play it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 0:34 AM, RNumbers said:

You should be able to buy a code from gamestop still. I did several weeks ago.

That's better than nothing, but still. At least tell people when the game is going to be pulled, or have them find a place where they can still get it without jumping through hoops.

On 7/21/2018 at 0:49 AM, Sergen said:

It looks like this might be the time of year that Activision is delisting crap without actually announcing it, so the main thing I recommend people getting before it's pulled is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 on PS4, expensive but it might be your last chance, they very likely won't bother to renew the license for it when it expires. 

Typical of Activision to do this bullshit.

I was going to get one of the Transformers games off the Store a long while back until Activision too took that off. Thankfully that game has a physical copy.

On 7/21/2018 at 1:41 AM, locoporkko said:

this game is pure garbage,the best is dont play

I actually felt White Night was fairly original, especially with the black and white art style.

On 7/21/2018 at 2:39 AM, Ezio Auditore said:

I played a bit and it was very rough, unpolished. People who don't have it yet aren't missing much, those who would have really enjoyed it probably bought it when it was released, or in one of the many sales it had.

White Night isn't that bad. It's basically a collectathon which is common with modern point and click games. It's definitely better than some other point and clicks I've seen in the past few years.

• Like 1

Just now, Spaz said:

That's better than nothing, but still. At least tell people when the game is going to be pulled, or have them find a place where they can still get it without jumping through hoops.

Typical of Activision to do this bullshit.

I was going to get one of the Transformers games off the Store a long while back until Activision too took that off. Thankfully that game has a physical copy.

I actually felt White Night was fairly original, especially with the black and white art style.

White Night isn't that bad. It's basically a collectathon which is common with modern point and click games. It's definitely better than some other point and clicks I've seen in the past few years.

The funny thing is, after I made that post it only took a few days for them to delist those Ultimate Alliance games hahaha. Unfortunately for the Transformers games, Revenge of the Fallen has DLC trophies and the DLC is delisted.

Just now, Sergen said:

The funny thing is, after I made that post it only took a few days for them to delist those Ultimate Alliance games hahaha. Unfortunately for the Transformers games, Revenge of the Fallen has DLC trophies and the DLC is delisted.

Yeah that sucks.

There's a few games out there I want to get that have long been delisted. This is why I hate when digital games get pulled for absolutely no reason. There's been some real gems out there amongst the filth and pure shit that is shovelware that Steam pretty much started. They were the guys who green lighted all this crap to make it to the online stores and Sony sadly has been following suit with this generation of games.

It's why I bought the Mega Man X Legacy Collection physical. I have no doubt it will be on the Playstation Store for a long time to come but you never know.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spaz said:

This is true, because the high profile "point and clicks" of the past few years were mostly Telltale titles. White Night doesn't hold a candle to a game like Thimbleweed Park.

That being said, I don't think White Night was bad. Just rough aroind the edges, unpolished. I don't think people who don't have it now are missing much. It's not bad, but not super special.

3 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

This is true, because the high profile "point and clicks" of the past few years were mostly Telltale titles. White Night doesn't hold a candle to a game like Thimbleweed Park.

That being said, I don't think White Night was bad. Just rough aroind the edges, unpolished. I don't think people who don't have it now are missing much. It's not bad, but not super special.

TellTale Games at this point feels tapped out. There is really nothing they're bringing out that really irks me to go and purchase their games, apart from the later seasons of The Walking Dead.

Plus I feel TellTale Games is instilling the same garbage that is common with a lot of modern Hollywood movies and television shows when it comes to being a little humorous. It's got to have that dumbed down sense of humor. I've seen gameplay footage of Minecraft: Story Mode and Guardians of the Galaxy. The acting is just atrocious, much like a bad Disney/Pixar movie or Dreamworks movie.

The Walking Dead at least has a sense of suspense and horror to it which really makes you feel for the characters. Especially the first game. Nothing TellTale Games has made in the past two years or so has matched that.

---

You're comparing a recreation of those old early 1990s point and click games LucasArts made famous to an indie point and click I felt was fairly original. I'm sure Thimbleweed Park will be enjoyable to play as I loved those old Monkey Island games growing up. Ron Gilbert was the man who made them, and he made the SCUMM engine which is still touted to this day.

5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

TellTale Games at this point feels tapped out. There is really nothing they're bringing out that really irks me to go and purchase their games, apart from the later seasons of The Walking Dead.

Plus I feel TellTale Games is instilling the same garbage that is common with a lot of modern Hollywood movies and television shows when it comes to being a little humorous. It's got to have that dumbed down sense of humor. I've seen gameplay footage of Minecraft: Story Mode and Guardians of the Galaxy. The acting is just atrocious, much like a bad Disney/Pixar movie or Dreamworks movie.

The Walking Dead at least has a sense of suspense and horror to it which really makes you feel for the characters. Especially the first game. Nothing TellTale Games has made in the past two years or so has matched that.

Yeah the first TWD game was cool, and different from other games. I also enjoyed Wolf Among Us, and liked the insanity of Borderlands.

Haven't bought anything after Borderlands / GoT. Played Batman1 when it was on PS+ and hated it with a passion.

5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You're comparing a recreation of those old early 1990s point and click games LucasArts made famous to an indie point and click I felt was fairly original. I'm sure Thimbleweed Park will be enjoyable to play as I loved those old Monkey Island games growing up. Ron Gilbert was the man who made them, and he made the SCUMM engine which is still touted to this day.

I made the comparison because you said White Night was better than some point and click games of recent years... And Thimbleweed Park was a reminder for me that with all the cutscenes and simplicity of Telltale and other recent point and click games, perhaps the genre needs an old-fashioned game or two. I don't think Thimbleweed Park manages to reach the level of the classics (my personal favourite is Day Of The Tentacle, followed by Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis), but it's enjoyable nontheless.

And yeah, I'll admit that White Knight is pretty original, even if it is by making a game in a very old movie style. Sometimes being original needs to be nothing more than being good at putting two different things together. My main gripe with the game is how unpolished it feels, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more if it had been given some more development time.

19 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Yeah the first TWD game was cool, and different from other games. I also enjoyed Wolf Among Us, and liked the insanity of Borderlands.

Haven't bought anything after Borderlands / GoT. Played Batman1 when it was on PS+ and hated it with a passion.

I have Batman through Plus but I've been hesitant to play it. Heard some mixed reviews on it.

Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy are just, why?

20 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

I made the comparison because you said White Night was better than some point and click games of recent years... And Thimbleweed Park was a reminder for me that with all the cutscenes and simplicity of Telltale and other recent point and click games, perhaps the genre needs an old-fashioned game or two. I don't think Thimbleweed Park manages to reach the level of the classics (my personal favourite is Day Of The Tentacle, followed by Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis), but it's enjoyable nontheless.

And yeah, I'll admit that White Knight is pretty original, even if it is by making a game in a very old movie style. Sometimes being original needs to be nothing more than being good at putting two different things together. My main gripe with the game is how unpolished it feels, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more if it had been given some more development time.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Now THAT is a game Double Fine Productions needs to get their ass on remastering.

Thimbleweed Park I'm sure is everything the developers had tried to do. So it'll suffice.

Well White Night takes place during the Great Depression so obviously, the style is self explanatory. Some indie games I have to give credit to the developers for having such a tight budget and having a small studio to work in.

---

I think I derailed this thread long enough though, so it's probably best we go back to topic.

I just 100% White Night. ;) Definitely inspired by the old Alone in the Dark games. You walk around in a big house, exploring, figuring out why you're there. There's this one touch death enemy, which can be annoying. There's tons of collectibles. Black and white artstyle with some tiny bit of orange for flames. Well, it's a horror adventure game. No idea why some people say point and click, as the genre is called "adventure" or "graphic adventure", and there's not even any point and click in this one. The camera angles is a bit annoying too. You constantly gotta light a match, sometimes it doesn't work, and there's generally a limited amount of them, though you can get barely enough to progress if you run out near a save point.

At 0:00:28 I should have walked behind the crates and held to the left. It's not that easy to see, and there's a creature under the bed right in front of you making you not even wanna go anywhere near there.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1