What Ending Did You Get? (SPOILERS)

SuperSaiyan3985

Spoiler

Hey guys so I just finished this wonderful game known as Heavy Rain and I’d like to start a conversation about the endings other people got along with their reception. Obviously I had to get all endings for the trophy but as for my first, natural playthrough I got “A New Start”...or “A New Life.” Not sure which one, but it’s where Ethan, Madison, and Shaun all survive and start a new life together. Norman resigns from the FBI after I gave up on solving the case (Dumb, I know. I didn’t know all I had to do was analyze the question mark), and of course, the Origam Killer dies. I’m really satisfied with my ending and TBH it hurt having to see all the bad endings. The one I hate most is where Ethan & Madison survive but Shaun dies. They’re at his grave mourning and while Madison was prepared to start a new family with Ethan he goes and kills himself. I don’t see why he’d do that when at the end of the day he landed himself a beautiful wife and the oppurunity to have a new son. Ah well, what about you guys?

Spoiler

Got the same ending as you except for Norman, I got the Hallucination one.

And the ethan/madison grave one; he did what he did because he was completely stricken with grief. Imagine being essentially solely responsible for the death of both of your sons, he was already grieving after the first one died, and to fail as a father so completely TWICE? I dont think the prospect of having another child would make him feel better, as he probably thinks hes going to cause their death in the end anyway. Plus he brought the gun to the grave in the first place, so he had made up his mind before madison started talking to him. Really sucky ending though, dont think I would have enjoyed the game quite so much if I had gotten that ending naturally, too depressing.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

In my first, natural ending, Ethan, Madison and Shaun started a new life together, Norman was seen as a hero and kicked his drug habit and Scott and Lauren both died. Lauren was the only part of my ending that I regretted. I didn't realise that Scott kicking open the window of the car underwater would cause him to just swim to the surface without further attempting to free Lauren. But what can you do? It was my first, natural playthrough so I wasn't going back to change anything at all.

Also yeah, having a girlfriend who he could possibly have another child with one day isn't just going to magically make Ethan alright with the fact that both of his sons had died in rather tragic circumstances where he felt that he was at least partly at fault. Like DEADLOCKED11 said, he probably wouldn't have wanted to have another child after what happened with the first two.

Edited by ImMagnetz
I meant Scott, not Shaun.
  • Like 1